Thread Rating:

OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
June 2nd, 2018 at 2:33:34 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Soopoo, I am getting really annoyed by you. I am literally three seconds away from telling you off and the ONLY reason I have not cussed you out is because of the keep it PG rule and I'm not trying to get suspended for a month.

OK, Nathan, This is a serious and friendly post.

Some, including myself have been openly, implicitly or subtly critical of your posts. There's been some constructive criticism and some sarcasm. It happens. Your posting style seems to attract such behaviour.

I hope it can come to an end. I'll do my part by trying harder not to 'pick on your posts'

If you'd like to complain to me, or about me, or Soopoo, or BBB or Wizard, or God then please do so and I'll listen intently and with good humour.

Maybe, just maybe you could help bring the various silliness, criticism, sarcasm etc by an end by not inviting it. I know we shouldn't have to tread on eggshells, but we can all at least give some extra, extra thought before clicking 'post'.

Especially take on board the frank suggestions that you have received from BBB, who has tried to help you. She's not out to get you, honest. Neither am I, nor is anyone, as far as I can see.

Where members like Axel, have tried to help you by engaging in conversation about games etc, maybe embrace that help, too. Don't raise questions and then ignore helpful replies.

Courtesy: Gets courtesy.
Silliness: Gets more silliness.

If you want to contact me...

Best regards,
OD.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
June 2nd, 2018 at 2:35:01 PM permalink
This thread is pretty epic.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
June 2nd, 2018 at 2:38:21 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

This thread is pretty epic.

So was Ben Hur, but I wouldn't want to see a sequel.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
June 2nd, 2018 at 2:47:32 PM permalink
I had a weird dream last night.

I was leaving a tavern (I don't drink) and discovered that my car had been stolen.

The weird thing is that the thieves had removed and left behind the driver's door, hinges and all.
"What, me worry?"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1317
June 2nd, 2018 at 3:07:01 PM permalink
Is it just me or do other people either (1) forget to bring a phone charger when traveling and/or (2) leave the charger in your hotel room?

Who was it that said, "A fool and his phone charger are soon parted."?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
June 2nd, 2018 at 3:17:38 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Is it just me or do other people either (1) forget to bring a phone charger when traveling and/or (2) leave the charger in your hotel room?

It's just you!

As I've got older, I've adopted a new, personal policy for when I misplace things, such as pens, phone chargers, 10mm wrenches etc. I used to waste time trying to find them, but then I discovered that the best way to find that misplaced item was to go out and buy a new one. Invariably after buying a replacement, usually at some expense, the lost item would immediately show up and then I'd have an unwanted one. So it is with chargers, USB leads, and even phones. I have so many spares in every bag, draw, toolbox, that I can never be without a working charger, a working USB cable and a working phone.
Sadly, the charger that I can find is usually to a Nokia phone, the lead that I can find is a micro USB lead and my phone that I can find takes USB C. I haven't resolved that issue yet.
I really did nuke my HTC smartphone with a rubbish USB lead where the plastic insulator had fallen out letting the USB lead go in back to front!
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
June 2nd, 2018 at 3:30:11 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I typically remember to bring it when traveling, but I lose at least a dozen a year leaving them in hotels. It is typically cheaper to buy a new chager than have the hotel ship it back to you.

(Especially if you follow Nathan's tip and buy it at Dollar Tree. Definitely do not buy it at Family Dollar though...that'll cost you an extra $4. :D :p :P :( :) ;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself with the emojis, particularly in this thread.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
June 2nd, 2018 at 3:42:02 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

(Especially if you follow Nathan's tip and buy it at Dollar Tree.

In the UK, we have PoundLand where everything used to be £1. They eventually struggled with that price point and started selling items up to £5.

After struggling financially, they had to close down some stores and were bought out for £610M... Not £1 which would have been normal for a near bankrupt enterprise
Poundland
There are some great deals to be had such as USB c lead, HDMI cable, 5M Ethernet cables etc and I even picked up some talking clocks, all for £1. I sold loads of those clocks on ebay for £9.99 ( after repairing the common fault in them )
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
June 2nd, 2018 at 3:49:51 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

And AGAIN, you just gloss over the main point of my post.

I feel like this reporter must have felt.

I went up to Quarter machine to get my feet wet in trying something new other than penny slots. I'll try other games other than slots soon. ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanks for this post from:
gordonm888
June 2nd, 2018 at 4:03:18 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is amazing! I woke up this morning after getting very little sleep because I was working very hard last night and I was for some unknown reason just hoping to read something about the vagueries of buying charger cords and the endless possibilities of finding them, losing them, costs, lengths, etc., combined with sometimes fortuitous events like finding a dollar when that was the EXACT amount I paid for one of the charger cords! And then I open the Nathan thread and I say, Holy Cow, there is something like that posted in this very thread! And before I read it I was not in a super happy mood and was considering posting something derogatory about a post Nathan made but considered that if I did the new moderator who lost the election but was still picked by Green Wizard to be the new moderator, OnceDear, would ban me for maybe 3 days, but if I was really rude, maybe even a week!, so I didn't make that post! It is great that I didn't push that nasty "Post" blue button on the bottom left of my screen! But getting back to the main point of this post, which seems to be getting longer, there is no way you can get a charger cord for just a $1! But I MEAN you COULD get it for a $1, as I am NOT, I repeat NOT, calling Nathan a liar, but rather my posting style really means that it is AMAZING she found it for a dollar, not that she "didn't"f ind it for a dollar, if you all know what I'm getting at!!!!! The funniest part of this is that while I was barely awake while thinking about this, I felt I needed a "charge" that only a double espresso could give me! So I had a "charge" while writing about "Chargers"!!!! And then, and I know you guys might think I'm making this up, but my younger son texted me to discuss a CHARGE in the NBA game...... WTF!!!!!!

To be fair, this is Nathanís Corner.... So yeah, it is what it is. Nathanís posts might be not the most interesting, but theyíre also not really hurting anyone or attacking people. So Iím chill with it (not that my opinion necessarily matters).

• Jump to: