Thread Rating:

Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 5th, 2019 at 2:39:13 PM permalink
57 and rain, gloomy all week. Crick is just above needing-gear temp and still holds trout even though the cottonwood is falling. Frogs haven't even spawned yet. Suckers haven't moved in yet. It's a week into June.

I dont mind. But it's weird.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
June 5th, 2019 at 2:49:36 PM permalink
It's the nicest spring we've seen in the ten years since getting here. Seventy's, eighties reading the morning paper on the patio sipping coffee. The average daily temps for those days is 96*, to hot for this fella. The devil has arrived. We soon have our 100 days over a hundred, in a row. Argghh. Live in fear of the ac breaking down.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 5th, 2019 at 4:35:32 PM permalink
I am happy that it is starting to warm up in Las Vegas. This year has been miserably cold and wet. 100 degrees in Vegas is a wonderful day. When it gets to 110, that is starting to get hot.

At least I shouldn't have to heat my pool anymore this year. Once the water gets over 80 I won't use the heater. My wife refuses to get in when it is below 84,
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
June 5th, 2019 at 6:01:33 PM permalink
My company 401k matches 100% up to 4% but if you contribute 6% then they do a discretionary lump sum match up to 2% more, based on annual company performance. Last year they added 0.5% but this year just announced the discretionary match will be 2%. Nice to put in 6% and get it matched 100% :)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 7th, 2019 at 10:29:26 PM permalink
The Deadliest Animals in the US, ranked.

2020, year of the clickbait
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 8th, 2019 at 5:26:01 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

. . . 2020, year of the clickbait

Most of the time I can't find anything on the internet but clickbait. Some decent sites support themselves in part by allowing clickbait ads to appear on them.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
June 8th, 2019 at 8:01:34 AM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

My company 401k matches 100% up to 4% but if you contribute 6% then they do a discretionary lump sum match up to 2% more, based on annual company performance. Last year they added 0.5% but this year just announced the discretionary match will be 2%. Nice to put in 6% and get it matched 100% :)

Why do so many companies make 401k matches so convoluted?

My company matches 20% of whatever you put in. Period. Simple and straight to the point.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
June 8th, 2019 at 12:25:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm looking at a house in pre-foreclosure in Hereford. Two hundred feet east and it would have the much more desirable Bisbee zip and address. Public records show a mortgage was issued on this house for $208,000 in 2007. Todays asking price- $49,000. This is an extreme example as the house has been abandoned for three or more years and has been pretty much picked clean . Needs at least $50,000 to rehab. The views of the mountains are incredible.
In Sierra Vista, its worse. Some homes that sold for $250,000 are now under 100K, and are in almost move in condition. With a nearby army base, you'd think demand for off base housing would make these properties desirable.

I thought about buying foreclosed. But I wasn't familiar with the process. I ended up buying a condo as a vacation home. Paying HOA ~ $200/month, tax ~ $300/month, and electricity ~ $50/month. But the condo increased 50% in value since I bought it. I visit about one weekend a month. But I don't have to worry as much about burglary. Because I'm surrounded by neighbors can hear what's going on next door.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
June 8th, 2019 at 12:29:38 PM permalink
I didn't expect to be fixing AC's and frigs everyday. Its been half a year and I'm still fixing frigs and AC's everyday. it is fun when I succeed. But I felt overwhelmed to troubleshoot one neglected AC. Some weren't brazed right, parts left out. Vandalism of wiring.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 8th, 2019 at 3:24:45 PM permalink
I bought a small plot of land in Bisbee. The house will most likely need to be torn down but the four RV pads will pay for themselves until I find a better use.
Went to look at a nice house in town that had an aux. apartment in what used to be the garage but the numbers didn't work.
Frustrated at pretty much driving 18 hours round trip for nothing, I noticed a shop I was in a few weeks ago now had a for sale sign on it. It's currently an upscale thrift shop , with a Keto Bakery renting about a fifth of the space. Turned out the owner of the shop is also the owner of the building and she is looking to downsize.
A few hours of diligence, offers and counteroffers, and we are in escrow. I like this building so much I believe I'm going to eventually try to rezone it to make it residential, and convert it into my permanent home. Back when Bisbee was a "restricted" town, the building next door was a hotel for "colored" workers and as blacks and Chinese were not welcomed in most Bisbee establishments, this building was the social center for much of that community.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
June 8th, 2019 at 8:01:38 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

My company matches 20% of whatever you put in. Period. Simple and straight to the point.

So if you put in 5% they only add 1%? That is weak.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
June 8th, 2019 at 8:12:22 PM permalink

Why do so many companies make 401k matches so convoluted?

By definition all matching contributions are convoluted. The only possible way it wouldn't be convoluted is if they just paid you whatever money you earned and then you were able to use it however you wanted.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
miplet
June 9th, 2019 at 10:36:00 AM permalink

So if you put in 5% they only add 1%? That is weak.

If I put in $1000 they will add $200.

If I put in the yearly max of $19,000 they add $3,800.

If I was somehow legally able to contribute my entire salary they would add 20% of whatever that was.

Is that weak? This is the only job I've ever had with a 401k plan, so I don't know. 20% one-time return on investment seems like a pretty good deal to me.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 9th, 2019 at 10:40:05 AM permalink

If I was somehow legally able to contribute my entire salary they would add 20% of whatever that was.

Is that weak? This is the only job I've ever had with a 401k plan, so I don't know. 20% one-time return on investment seems like a pretty good deal to me.

When I was eligible for 401k I had 100% match on up to 5% of salary with no vesting period.
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 9th, 2019 at 10:43:26 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

When I was eligible for 401k I had 100% match on up to 5% of salary with no vesting period.

So, if you were making 50k a year, they would only contribute up to $2,500 total for the year?
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 9th, 2019 at 10:49:40 AM permalink

So, if you were making 50k a year, they would only contribute up to $2,500 total for the year?

Yes provided I contributed $2500
TigerWu
TigerWu
June 9th, 2019 at 10:57:13 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Yes provided I contributed $2500

I see.

I guess different systems are better depending on how much you are able to contribute. I would have to contribute $12,500 to get a $2,500 match at my company, but I could also get up to $1,300 more on top of that vs. your company if I was able to contribute up to the yearly maximum.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 9th, 2019 at 10:58:18 AM permalink
It all depends on what you negotiate. We pay our nurses around 13% of their income into a pension plan. That's around $20k a year and that is on top of their income. Google CRNA. Not a bad gig.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 9th, 2019 at 3:36:01 PM permalink
It's a sweet deal. I used to be amazed how many people simply ignore what is essentially free money, but these days nothing surprises me.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Jimmy2Times
Jimmy2Times
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
petroglyph
June 10th, 2019 at 8:13:07 AM permalink
I incurred the wrath of an Amish elder. Recently drove to Chicago to catch the Cubs and get my fix of some cheeze-burger, no fries – chips at the Billy Goat. Inspired by the American Pickers and Barnwood Builders TV shows, I drove home via the back roads of Indiana and Ohio to see the lay of the land. Stayed at this little Mom & Pops motel in western Ohio for the night with the goal to get an early start the next day and hit the Jack and the R&R Hall of Fame. Down the road from the motel was a diner, and when I walked up to the door of the diner there was a group of about 12-15 young Amish guys standing around outside the door. I tried to open the door to the diner but it was locked. Sign on the door said it opened at 5 AM and current time was about 6:15 AM. Wanting to blend in with the locals, I said in a combination of olde English, Yoda and Canadian, “be not open the diner this fine day, eh?” One of the Amish guys responded that the owner had just told them that breakfast service would be delayed because there was no electricity due to a power failure. In my normal thick NY accent I said, “Power failure – no electricity – well then, it will be just like eating at home for you guys”. All of the Amish guys broke out into laughter – I started laughing – we were all laughing together – it was kinda cool. Then from behind the group of youngsters I hear some yelling (it sounded like German or Dutch or something). The young Amish guys immediately stopped laughing and all looked directly down at the ground expressionless. The group parted and this old timer with a white beard and huge Popeye forearms walks out from behind the group. Locking eyes with me and he started yelling, “You no good English; you no good English; you no good English”. He barked out some more German/Dutch to the youngsters and like little ducks all in a row, they all followed him to the parking lot to wait for the diner to open in a spot away from me. Fearing that someone was going to toss a hand loomed quilt over my head and administer a trimming to me, I hit the road. I really don’t think the elder was mad about the “no electricity it will be just like eating at home” crack I made, I think what set him off was that the youngins were laughing, and that they were laughing along with me. All the way to the Jack I kept thinking about that old Weird Al Yankovic Amish parody song of Gangsta's Paradise. As soon as I got home I found it on Utube and had to watch it several times (not sure if is OK to post the link so I didn’t). Next time I pass through rural Ohio maybe I can find some Shakers to rile up, some Shakers to rile up.
I 'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.
Joeman
Joeman 
  • Threads: 36
June 10th, 2019 at 9:30:45 AM permalink

If you are able to max out your contributions, that is a very sweet deal. For folks who can only put away 5% or so, it is a below average plan. However, the ability to make it a good or bad plan is completely in the hands of the employee, which makes it an overall good plan in my book.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Thanked by
Jimmy2Times
June 10th, 2019 at 11:17:01 AM permalink
What you heard was Hoch Deutch", High German, not at all Dutch. He was probably a Bishop.

The younger Amish men were not remaining apart from the English world and he chastised them for it.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
Thanked by
Jimmy2Timespetroglyph
June 10th, 2019 at 11:54:39 AM permalink
So the amished were famished 😁
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
Jimmy2Times
June 10th, 2019 at 3:28:29 PM permalink
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
Jimmy2Times
June 10th, 2019 at 3:47:46 PM permalink
Quote: Jimmy2Times

I incurred the wrath of an Amish elder. Recently drove to Chicago to catch the Cubs and get my fix of some cheeze-burger, no fries – chips at the Billy Goat. Inspired by the American Pickers and Barnwood Builders TV shows, I drove home via the back roads of Indiana and Ohio to see the lay of the land. Stayed at this little Mom & Pops motel in western Ohio for the night with the goal to get an early start the next day and hit the Jack and the R&R Hall of Fame. Down the road from the motel was a diner, and when I walked up to the door of the diner there was a group of about 12-15 young Amish guys standing around outside the door. I tried to open the door to the diner but it was locked. Sign on the door said it opened at 5 AM and current time was about 6:15 AM. Wanting to blend in with the locals, I said in a combination of olde English, Yoda and Canadian, “be not open the diner this fine day, eh?” One of the Amish guys responded that the owner had just told them that breakfast service would be delayed because there was no electricity due to a power failure. In my normal thick NY accent I said, “Power failure – no electricity – well then, it will be just like eating at home for you guys”. All of the Amish guys broke out into laughter – I started laughing – we were all laughing together – it was kinda cool. Then from behind the group of youngsters I hear some yelling (it sounded like German or Dutch or something). The young Amish guys immediately stopped laughing and all looked directly down at the ground expressionless. The group parted and this old timer with a white beard and huge Popeye forearms walks out from behind the group. Locking eyes with me and he started yelling, “You no good English; you no good English; you no good English”. He barked out some more German/Dutch to the youngsters and like little ducks all in a row, they all followed him to the parking lot to wait for the diner to open in a spot away from me. Fearing that someone was going to toss a hand loomed quilt over my head and administer a trimming to me, I hit the road. I really don’t think the elder was mad about the “no electricity it will be just like eating at home” crack I made, I think what set him off was that the youngins were laughing, and that they were laughing along with me. All the way to the Jack I kept thinking about that old Weird Al Yankovic Amish parody song of Gangsta's Paradise. As soon as I got home I found it on Utube and had to watch it several times (not sure if is OK to post the link so I didn’t). Next time I pass through rural Ohio maybe I can find some Shakers to rile up, some Shakers to rile up.

I almost killed one of those families running into their buggies on the road. There were signs up, they had an orange reflector on the back, but that buggy was almost invisible. It doesn't make a lot of sense they have to leave their home for work, I've seen lots of them at Aldis in the past using up food stamps, the old man knows they're a fraud. Their society is dependent on ours of course.
I am a robot.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
MaxPenbeachbumbabs
June 11th, 2019 at 6:47:16 PM permalink
At the dinner break of my first WSOP event.

$1k nlhe.

Leading the table with 90 big blinds.

Plan is to go for it. Mincash smincash
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 11th, 2019 at 7:16:46 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

At the dinner break of my first WSOP event.

$1k nlhe.

Leading the table with 90 big blinds.

Plan is to go for it. Mincash smincash

Is that what you used your credit for. Keep us updated
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
June 11th, 2019 at 9:15:41 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Is that what you used your credit for. Keep us updated

Well I'm down to a bit above average and my table is really aggressive now, so hopefully I just find some good spots.

2 more hours till the day is over.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
June 11th, 2019 at 10:32:32 PM permalink

Well I'm down to a bit above average and my table is really aggressive now, so hopefully I just find some good spots.

2 more hours till the day is over.

Good luck!
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
June 12th, 2019 at 12:45:24 AM permalink
Thanks. I cashed and made it to day two, but I have like 5 big blinds.

Poker tournaments are normally dumb, but how anybody enjoys these WSOP events is beyond me. Lots of lines, and forms.

I don't know a way around it, but having to come back tomorrow to play a super short stack is really annoying. I might not bother.

IDK, maybe there should be some way the short stacks can all pool their money and gamble for more chips so you don't have to waste your time.

EDIT: Yes GWAE. That's what I used my credit for. So my mincash of $1500 will actually be a profit of $1200 which is pretty nice. But it's another silly thing in the wsop. The min cashes are really low if you actually buy in.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 12th, 2019 at 12:54:58 AM permalink

Poker tournaments are normally dumb, but how anybody enjoys these WSOP events is beyond me. Lots of lines, and forms.

I don't know a way around it, but having to come back tomorrow to play a super short stack is really annoying. I might not bother.

IDK, maybe there should be some way the short stacks can all pool their money and gamble for more chips so you don't have to waste your time.

EDIT: Yes GWAE. That's what I used my credit for. So my mincash of $1500 will actually be a profit of $1200 which is pretty nice. But it's another silly thing in the wsop. The min cashes are really low if you actually buy in.

You go girl! Anything a man can do, you can do better!!

I would obviously go play it tomorrow. Sucks that chances are you’ll be out quickly (you’re a bad player, at least compared to me :) ). But there’s also the chance you get really lucky and run it up. Idk how high the prizes go, but if you’re already getting at least $2700 back on your $1500, then I’m sure the higher payouts are significantly higher.

Then again, if you gotta deal with lines, forms, etc. etc. and everyone else at the table has like 100x your stack (doubtful but what do I know about poker, other than I flopped quad 10’s once, so I’m pretty good), then your equity might be like $3 shekels or something and #NotWorth.

Maybe at the end of the night, anyone can continue to play (would be predominantly short stacks) against players from other tables so they can either bust out or double up. ? Although that could (likely?) potentially lead to people dumping chips, unless you cap the starting stacks.
GWAE
GWAE
June 12th, 2019 at 3:48:04 AM permalink

Did you have to make it to day 2 for cash? If not I would have been shoving with anything decent at the end to either double or not have to show up.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
petroglyph
June 12th, 2019 at 8:57:58 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I almost killed one of those families running into their buggies on the road. There were signs up, they had an orange reflector on the back, but that buggy was almost invisible. It doesn't make a lot of sense they have to leave their home for work, I've seen lots of them at Aldis in the past using up food stamps, the old man knows they're a fraud. Their society is dependent on ours of course.

Orthodox Jews are also dependent on welfare.
I'm pretty amazed that I have to support their God fantasies with my tax dollars
http://www.renegadetribune.com/welfare-fraud-big-problem-orthodox-jewish-communities/
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 12th, 2019 at 4:47:34 PM permalink
Well I decided I wasn't setting no alarm but I woke up just in time.

Stole the blinds and antes once. Then called an all in with kq vs j5 and lost.

I'd have had about 12 big blinds if I won. Idk. I guess it worth going.

It cost me $300 to get in. Cashed out $1600. Still hate tournaments.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Thanked by
odiousgambit
June 12th, 2019 at 4:50:41 PM permalink

Bet you don't hate $ 1300.
GWAE
GWAE
June 12th, 2019 at 5:03:09 PM permalink

Well I decided I wasn't setting no alarm but I woke up just in time.

Stole the blinds and antes once. Then called an all in with kq vs j5 and lost.

I'd have had about 12 big blinds if I won. Idk. I guess it worth going.

I like playing tournaments but I cant get deep. I play well enough to min cash in about 70% of the ones I play. I guess I play too tight. Sometimes what gets me is I may only play a tournament once every 6 weeks. I hate getting my money in at 50/50 or 60/40 because I dont know when the next time I get to play is. Probably a bad way to think but I dont know.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
June 12th, 2019 at 5:12:36 PM permalink

I like playing tournaments but I cant get deep. I play well enough to min cash in about 70% of the ones I play. I guess I play too tight. Sometimes what gets me is I may only play a tournament once every 6 weeks. I hate getting my money in at 50/50 or 60/40 because I dont know when the next time I get to play is. Probably a bad way to think but I dont know.

Sounds like you play to cash rather than play to win. All the money is on the ft of a tournament, I’m going to bust early or build a stack.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
petroglyph
June 13th, 2019 at 3:37:26 AM permalink
people make me sick. Riots in Memphis injuring many police over a police shooting against a person that was using a car to ram police cars and then he gets out of his car with a weapon. I hope they arrest every single person involved with the riots.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/memphis-police-officers-injured-in-unrest-following-shooting-reports
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 13th, 2019 at 5:55:01 AM permalink
Now you know what is meant by Memfrica.
This allusion of Memphis and Africa is more than just lingual.
The guy in the car was black, so he is in the right and white army of occupation is in the wrong.
terapined
terapined
June 14th, 2019 at 5:55:57 AM permalink
Total failure by Old Navy employee
A Black woman leaves an old Navy store
Old Navy employee follows her out and accuses her of stealing
At first the Black lady is chuckling because she is innocent
The Old Navy employee, Stephanie says she stole the shirt she is wearing and they have video evidence
Oh boy, it gets really bad as Stephanie grabs the innocent person and wont let go
Amazing the hate some people have against an innocent black woman.

Old Navy fired Stephanie and apologized to the innocent Black lady

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 14th, 2019 at 6:28:51 AM permalink
one was white and one was black but profiling?
And what exactly made her 'uncomfortable' in the first place?
terapined
terapined
June 14th, 2019 at 6:34:18 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

one was white and one was black but profiling?
And what exactly made her 'uncomfortable' in the first place?

Stephanie was following her around the store so she left
Stephanie then followed her right out the store and actually put her hands on her grabbing her and accusing an innocent person of theft
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 14th, 2019 at 7:01:21 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Stephanie was following her around the store so she left

White shoppers get waited on; black shoppers get followed.

Stephanie then followed her right out the store

so there was no opportunity to review videotapes.

and actually put her hands on her grabbing her and accusing an innocent person of theft

A merchant's right to detain rarely encompasses the right to use force but I have no idea what Canada allows or how far an employee can follow a suspect off the premises prior to attempting to detain them.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
RS
June 14th, 2019 at 8:17:35 AM permalink

people make me sick. Riots in Memphis injuring many police over a police shooting against a person that was using a car to ram police cars and then he gets out of his car with a weapon. I hope they arrest every single person involved with the riots.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/memphis-police-officers-injured-in-unrest-following-shooting-reports

It wasn't just a "police shooting"... the freaking U.S. Marshals shot him. The guy was wanted for multiple violent felonies including robbery and attempted murder, then rams his car into police and pulls a gun on them...

Everybody rioting and protesting didn't even know the story. They just wanted an excuse to yell and throw things for god knows what reason.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
June 14th, 2019 at 10:14:12 AM permalink

The Old Navy employee, Stephanie says she stole the shirt she is wearing and they have video evidence
Oh boy, it gets really bad as Stephanie grabs the innocent person and wont let go

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html

Stephanie’s former co-workers are going to be pissed at her. Now they have to attend some bullsh*t sensitivity training that is only for the company’s PR, while the person who was the problem and needs it of course won’t be attending because she doesn’t work there.
terapined
terapined
June 14th, 2019 at 10:20:44 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Stephanie’s former co-workers are going to be pissed at her. Now they have to attend some bullsh*t sensitivity training that is only for the company’s PR, while the person who was the problem and needs it of course won’t be attending because she doesn’t work there.

If I was working with Stephanie
My reaction
WTF are you doing leaving the store and following a customer
If Stephanie said she stole something
I would ask Stephanie if she saw it and if she did not, check the video and call mall security
If she claims she saw somebody steal, call mall security and the police
rxwine
rxwine
June 14th, 2019 at 11:54:19 AM permalink
Anyone know the answer to the following?

My sister has a cable connection but wants to run an antenna as well. I do this on my tv with no problem. Then you just switch from cable to air to watch one or the other.

On her TV she has the same controls listed in the setup, but those controls are greyed out on the menu and won't activate. I'm wondering if the cable guy who installed it blocked it or something. She doesn't know where her manual is either.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 14th, 2019 at 11:58:39 AM permalink
Check connection. My TV only activates those greys if something is properly hooked to it.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 14th, 2019 at 12:02:08 PM permalink
I didn’t even know Old Navy stores existed. I’ve just seen their trash commercials and they’re so damn offputting I probably just blocked it from my mind if I have actually seen such a terrible store.

Those commercials remind me of what would happen if The Brady Bunch made a clothing store commercial.
terapined
terapined
June 14th, 2019 at 12:33:04 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

White shoppers get waited on; black shoppers get followed.

so there was no opportunity to review videotapes.

A merchant's right to detain rarely encompasses the right to use force but I have no idea what Canada allows or how far an employee can follow a suspect off the premises prior to attempting to detain them.

A little more info
The black lady does not take to tag off her shirt after she buys one at Old Navy
She bought the shirt on a previous visit and left the tag on, that's her business
She does this because if Old Navy drops the price in 30 days, She has price proof to get the diff back
Stephanie saw her walk out wearing a shirt with a tag but its a shirt she paid for on a previous visit
Therefore totally innocent
Still no reason to hold somebody against their will
  • Jump to: