Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 17th, 2015 at 7:03:17 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Where are you getting your numbers from EB?

The closest I could find was a CNN poll on July 22, 2011

Romney 16
Perry 14
Rudy Giuliani 13
Sarah Palin 13
Michele Bachman 12
Ron Paul 8
Herman Cain 6

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/22/cnn-poll-perry-near-the-top-in-gop-nomination-race/

My recollection is that Herman Cain led one or 2 'outlier' type polls, but it was much earlier in the cycle than this, like in the spring of 2011, and I don't think he EVER had 27%. By this time (july) in the 2011, Romney was leading, although it was a slight lead in most national polls.

FWIW, Cain had 27% and the lead in the 2nd week of October 2011. EB was not far off.

nbc poll
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 17th, 2015 at 8:16:37 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

FWIW, Cain had 27% and the lead in the 2nd week of October 2011. EB was not far off.

nbc poll

Fair enough, BBB.

I do see an interesting similarity between Cain in 2011 and Trump, 2015. Neither was/is a serious candidate, meaning really had the money, staff or organization to go the distance (unless Trump is really willing to dump a billion of his own money in, which I doubt). So both are/were sort of a protest vote, if even in the polls. Basically the republican voters saying they are unhappy with the other more serious candidates, IMO. Anyone disagree?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
July 18th, 2015 at 4:18:36 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Donald Trump is going to up the ratings for the first Republican debate. That should be a good thing for Republicans unless it really becomes a circus.

The circus is starting.
Trump is taking no prisoners.
Trump just said Rick Perry should be required to take an IQ test before being allowed to debate. LOL
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/248260-trump-rick-perry-should-be-forced-to-take-an-iq-test
Is he hiring John Stewart writers? You have to wonder after that hilarious attack.
Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

The Huffington Post has removed all their coverage of Trump from their political section. All Trump stories and coverage can be found in their entertainment section.

Is Fox listening. Trump will dominate the debates. He is the only straight talker at the debates, the others, politicians that will only say what they think the voters want to hear. Boring. Trump, a straight talker, will dominate.
Thanks Fox. Some of the other candidates scare Hill, Trump does not.
This will catapult Trump to unbeatable for the nomination.

As to the debate that I will definitely have the popcorn out.
I hear that conservatives in IA, NH SC are furious at Fox regarding the debates.
Here is the problem, fox is using undependable polls rather then actual votes to shrink the field to 10.
The conservatives argue that FOX is stealing the process from the voters.
Actual voters in the 1st 3 primaries should be the process to actually determine the top 10 candidates rather then polling which have been wrong in the past.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 18th, 2015 at 4:53:50 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Actual voters in the 1st 3 primaries should be the process to actually determine the top 10 candidates rather then polling which have been wrong in the past.

Meaning what, you cannot have a debate before the election? How would you even do this?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
July 18th, 2015 at 5:12:36 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Meaning what, you cannot have a debate before the election? How would you even do this?

You can have a debate before an election.
The problem is conservatives are complaining about how fox determines who the top 10 are that get to debate.
A news outfit can decide to not just report, but involve itself in the process rather then leave the process to the actual voters.
Foxnews will skew the process by determining who the to 10 candidates due to their mystery poll.
The problem is the conservatives in IA SC NH want to determine who the top 10 candidates rather then the Fox mystery poll.
That's why the major newspapers in IA SC NH are staging their own event before the Fox debates to include all candidates.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 18th, 2015 at 5:54:50 AM permalink
Without Trump, I would never bother watching a Republican primary debate (I'd just wait for the post-mortem recap to see if there were any major moments, like Rick Perry's infamous gaffe).

With Trump, I'll be tuned in to every second with popcorn on hand.

There is no denying he is hilarious and very entertaining. He hit on Jeb Bush the other day in one of his speeches for "speaking five words of Spanish" and thinking that will win the Latino vote. Literally made me LOL.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 18th, 2015 at 6:08:47 AM permalink

The problem is conservatives are complaining about how fox determines who the top 10 are that get to debate.
A news outfit can decide to not just report, but involve itself in the process rather then leave the process to the actual voters.
Foxnews will skew the process by determining who the to 10 candidates due to their mystery poll.
The problem is the conservatives in IA SC NH want to determine who the top 10 candidates rather then the Fox mystery poll.
That's why the major newspapers in IA SC NH are staging their own event before the Fox debates to include all candidates.

News organizations are free to air who they prefer in a debate. They are all for profit, not public service. There is no shortage of info on the candidates.

News organizations involve themselves in the process all the time, usually to favor the more liberal candidate.
ams288
ams288
July 18th, 2015 at 3:28:28 PM permalink
Trump is really digging himself a hole today:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/18/trump-attacks-mccain-record-as-war-hero-draws-rebuke-from-gop-presidential/

I'm linking to the Fox News story because it seems both the right and left can agree that these comments are disgraceful.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 18th, 2015 at 6:56:26 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/18/trump-attacks-mccain-record-as-war-hero-draws-rebuke-from-gop-presidential/

I'm linking to the Fox News story because it seems both the right and left can agree that these comments are disgraceful.

Yes. VERY much out of line, no matter your political preference.

This man (Trump) REALLY holds a grudge and gets nasty when people criticize him as McCain did last week in Arizona. Also this week Trump tweeted that Rick Perry should be made to take an IQ test before being allowed into the debate. I thought that funny, but not very presidential or professional.

I could see the republican candidates and leaders rising up to disqualify Trump, which could be a grave mistake. At that point he would run third party just to spite the republicans (which he may do anyway) and any votes he gets, 6%, 8%, 10% would come at the expense of the republican nominee. Could even be a case of de-ja-vu as a billionaires third party candidacy costs a Bush the presidency. Lol.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
July 18th, 2015 at 8:31:42 PM permalink

The Huffington Post has removed all their coverage of Trump from their political section. All Trump stories and coverage can be found in their entertainment section..

But I think most of us on both sides can agree the HP is also a comedy site, right?
Boz
Boz
July 18th, 2015 at 8:35:50 PM permalink

And all those liberals who are defending McCain were the first in line to vote for him as well, right? Didn't think so either.

So they didn't agree with anything he stood for, but they respect he defended this country in a war they hated, right?

Or is it another opportunity to bash someone they fear against Hillary?

Just asking
Boz
Boz
July 18th, 2015 at 8:40:03 PM permalink

And does the person is 8th, 9th or 10th even have a chance? How about the asshole in 2nd on the liberal side? Does he even have a chance? And sorry if Bernie is a member here, I'll take my punishment if he is. But then again this site is for profit and since Bernie wants 90% of the income from hard working successful people, I would think the owners would give a pass assuming they don't want these tax brackets either.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 18th, 2015 at 8:41:44 PM permalink

Why is it that everyone can remember him being a POW and not releasing a bomb on the USS Forrestal?

What about all the other pilots and grunts who were pow's? He got notoriety because of his father, Admiral John McCain. Who coincidentally has been accused of covering up an Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, [there are still survivors] http://www.counterpunch.org/2003/10/24/israel-s-attack-on-the-liberty-revisited/

Also some think McCain held back info on POW's left behind,http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/23/report_mccain_suppressed_info_on_fellow

"An investigation by veteran journalist Sydney Schanberg reveals John McCain “worked very hard to hide from the public stunning information about American prisoners in Vietnam who, unlike him, didn’t return home."

Veterans against John McCain:http://educate-yourself.org/cn/earlhopperinterview08feb08.shtml

I don't know if anything here is what Trump was referring to, but the last link here should be considered, IMO.
Boz
Boz
July 18th, 2015 at 8:46:01 PM permalink
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/martin-omalley-all-lives-matter/index.html

America 2015. Poor Martin has to apologize for insulting all blacks by saying "All lives matter". Oh the horror!

And some of you people still have the balls to defend liberalism. Thanks for making my day Mr O!!!!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
July 18th, 2015 at 9:39:02 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Why is it that everyone can remember him being a POW and not releasing a bomb on the USS Forrestal?

That is egregiously incorrect. McCain was lucky to flee with his life from his burning A-4E:

"At about 10:50 (local time) on 29 July, while preparations for the second strike of the day were being made, an unguided 5.0 in (127.0 mm) Mk-32 "Zuni" rocket, one of four contained in an LAU-10 underwing rocket pod mounted on an F-4B Phantom II (believed to be aircraft No. 110 from VF-11[1]), accidentally fired due to an electrical power surge during the switch from external to internal power. The surge, and a missing rocket safety pin, which would have prevented the fail surge, as well as a decision to plug in the "pigtail" system early to increase the number of takeoffs from the carrier, allowed the rocket to launch. (see below). . . .

"The impact of the rocket had also dislodged two of the 1000-lb AN-M65 bombs, which fell to the deck, and lay in the pool of burning fuel between White's aircraft and that of Lieutenant Commander John McCain. Damage Control Team No. 8 swung into action immediately, and Chief Gerald Farrier, recognizing the risk, and without the benefit of protective clothing, immediately smothered the bombs with a PKP fire extinguisher in an effort to knock down the fuel fire long enough to allow the pilots to escape. The pilots, still strapped into their aircraft, were immediately aware that a disaster was unfolding, but only some were able to escape in time. McCain, pilot of A-4 Skyhawk side No. 416, next to White's, was among the first to notice the flames, and escaped by scrambling down the nose of his A-4 and jumping off the refueling probe shortly before the explosions began." wikipedia
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
July 18th, 2015 at 11:37:01 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/martin-omalley-all-lives-matter/index.html

America 2015. Poor Martin has to apologize for insulting all blacks by saying "All lives matter". Oh the horror!

And some of you people still have the balls to defend liberalism. Thanks for making my day Mr O!!!!

The all lives matter campaign is incredibly stupid and insulting. All lives do matter just like all disease are bad and we should work for a cure, that doesn't mean I'm going to go to a walk for the cure rally and start shouting AIDS is bad to.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 19th, 2015 at 2:40:58 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

That is egregiously incorrect. McCain was lucky to flee with his life from his burning A-4E:

"At about 10:50 (local time) on 29 July, while preparations for the second strike of the day were being made, an unguided 5.0 in (127.0 mm) Mk-32 "Zuni" rocket, one of four contained in an LAU-10 underwing rocket pod mounted on an F-4B Phantom II (believed to be aircraft No. 110 from VF-11[1]), accidentally fired due to an electrical power surge during the switch from external to internal power. The surge, and a missing rocket safety pin, which would have prevented the fail surge, as well as a decision to plug in the "pigtail" system early to increase the number of takeoffs from the carrier, allowed the rocket to launch. (see below). . . .

"The impact of the rocket had also dislodged two of the 1000-lb AN-M65 bombs, which fell to the deck, and lay in the pool of burning fuel between White's aircraft and that of Lieutenant Commander John McCain. Damage Control Team No. 8 swung into action immediately, and Chief Gerald Farrier, recognizing the risk, and without the benefit of protective clothing, immediately smothered the bombs with a PKP fire extinguisher in an effort to knock down the fuel fire long enough to allow the pilots to escape. The pilots, still strapped into their aircraft, were immediately aware that a disaster was unfolding, but only some were able to escape in time. McCain, pilot of A-4 Skyhawk side No. 416, next to White's, was among the first to notice the flames, and escaped by scrambling down the nose of his A-4 and jumping off the refueling probe shortly before the explosions began." wikipedia

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20081007_investigating_john_mccains_tragedy_at_sea

"A camera on the deck recorded images showing that the Zuni rocket struck White’s plane. The Navy report later attributed the dropped bomb to White’s plane, although the film footage does not seem to establish this definitively. However, McCain has said many times that the Zuni rocket caused the bomb (two bombs in McCain’s version) to fall from his own craft.

Some of those who were on the Forrestal and other persons familiar with the ordnance told me that because the rocket did not hit McCain’s craft, only actions by the pilot could have caused any bomb to fall from McCain’s Skyhawk. These sources—who spoke under the condition that they not be publicly identified—agree with each other that, if any bomb fell from the McCain airplane, it was because of actions that he took either in error or panic upon seeing the fire on the deck or in his hasty exit from the plane. Two switches in the cockpit of a Skyhawk need to be thrown to drop such a bomb, according to the sources."
Boz
Boz
July 19th, 2015 at 7:20:55 AM permalink

Update, to be fair the crowd also heckled the far left's chosen one, Uncle Bernie Sanders.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/2015/07/19/black-lives-matter-demonstrators-disrupt-heckle-presidential-forum-netroots/30377141/

Love her or hate her, Hillary was damn smart to distance herself from this collection of fringe far left sideshow attractions.

Perhaps the GOP could advertise the things these people believe in to scare the hell out of normal everyday working Americans who fall for the belief that they are victims and the Democratic party cares about them more. If seeing this people and their beliefs doesnt make voters run from the Democrats, nothing will.
ams288
ams288
July 19th, 2015 at 9:17:08 AM permalink

And all those liberals who are defending McCain were the first in line to vote for him as well, right? Didn't think so either.

So they didn't agree with anything he stood for, but they respect he defended this country in a war they hated, right?

Or is it another opportunity to bash someone they fear against Hillary?

Just asking

You can respect someone's military service while still disagreeing with their policy positions. That's honestly a really weird argument to try to make. As if military service is the determining factor in most people's votes.

If you think liberals fear Donald Trump against Hillary, well, you're just living in an alternate reality.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
July 19th, 2015 at 10:38:52 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20081007_investigating_john_mccains_tragedy_at_sea

"A camera on the deck recorded images showing that the Zuni rocket struck White’s plane. The Navy report later attributed the dropped bomb to White’s plane, although the film footage does not seem to establish this definitively. However, McCain has said many times that the Zuni rocket caused the bomb (two bombs in McCain’s version) to fall from his own craft.

Some of those who were on the Forrestal and other persons familiar with the ordnance told me that because the rocket did not hit McCain’s craft, only actions by the pilot could have caused any bomb to fall from McCain’s Skyhawk. These sources—who spoke under the condition that they not be publicly identified—agree with each other that, if any bomb fell from the McCain airplane, it was because of actions that he took either in error or panic upon seeing the fire on the deck or in his hasty exit from the plane. Two switches in the cockpit of a Skyhawk need to be thrown to drop such a bomb, according to the sources."

A patently obvious hatchet job from a so-called historian who cannot reference and link to the Navy report or even any of her supposed McCain statements about the fire launching the rocket from AE4, and not the Phantom that started the conflagration. At any rate, the statement that "McCain bombed the Forrestal" nowhere depicts what really transpired.

Even history.com paints a clear picture:

"The ship was preparing to attack when a rocket from one of its own F-4 Phantom jet fighters was accidentally launched. The rocket streaked across the deck and hit a parked A-4 Skyhawk jet. The Skyhawk, which was waiting to take off, was piloted by John McCain, the future senator from Arizona.

Fuel from the Skyhawk spilled out and caught fire. The fire then spread to nearby planes on the ship’s deck and detonated a 1,000-pound bomb, which killed many of the initial firefighters and further spread the fire. A chain reaction of explosions blew holes in the flight deck and had half the large ship on fire at one point. Many pilots were trapped in their planes as the fire spread. It took a full day before the fires could be fully contained.

Hundreds of sailors were seriously injured and 134 lost their lives in the devastating fire. Twenty planes were destroyed. It was the worst loss of a life on a U.S. Navy ship since World War II."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 19th, 2015 at 11:10:05 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

The all lives matter campaign is incredibly stupid and insulting. All lives do matter just like all disease are bad and we should work for a cure, that doesn't mean I'm going to go to a walk for the cure rally and start shouting AIDS is bad to.

The point is the blacklivesmatter crew is a circus of racists who could care less how many blacks kill each other. They think white America is the reason for the collapse of such a large part if black society. Fact is whites are far more likely to be killed by a black than the other way around.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
July 19th, 2015 at 12:02:46 PM permalink

The point is the blacklivesmatter crew is a circus of racists who could care less how many blacks kill each other. They think white America is the reason for the collapse of such a large part if black society. Fact is whites are far more likely to be killed by a black than the other way around.

In America, everyone is more likely to be killed by a black man.
Boz
Boz
July 19th, 2015 at 12:38:32 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Your not allowed to state facts in any discussion about race. Didn't you learn that in America 2015 101?
Twirdman
Twirdman
July 19th, 2015 at 1:06:50 PM permalink

What? Most crime is intrarracial not interracial so you are most likely to be killed by a member of your own race. Also for races other then black or white they are more likely to be killed by a white perpetrator https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls . So no matter what prism you look through this statement is wrong. I will admit AZD statement is correct. If we look at homicide victims more white homicide victims are targeted by blacks compared to whites targeting blacks.
Gandler
Gandler
July 19th, 2015 at 1:26:06 PM permalink

What? Most crime is intrarracial not interracial so you are most likely to be killed by a member of your own race. Also for races other then black or white they are more likely to be killed by a white perpetrator https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls . So no matter what prism you look through this statement is wrong. I will admit AZD statement is correct. If we look at homicide victims more white homicide victims are targeted by blacks compared to whites targeting blacks.

Right (well partially), but you are missing per capitia scaling.

Blacks make up 13% of the USA population. Even without per capita scaling blacks vastly win over whites in murder rates. When you factor in its 13% of the population versus 77% of the population, the chance of any given black committing a murder is vastly more likely in America on a pure statistical basis.

White on white crime does exist, but given the population difference its a statistical nonissue compared to black on black crime. Which is why saying that in America blacks are more likely to be the murderer is a statistical reality.
Twirdman
Twirdman
July 19th, 2015 at 1:49:57 PM permalink

Right (well partially), but you are missing per capitia scaling.

Blacks make up 13% of the USA population. Even without per capita scaling blacks vastly win over whites in murder rates. When you factor in its 13% of the population versus 77% of the population, the chance of any given black committing a murder is vastly more likely in America on a pure statistical basis.

White on white crime does exist, but given the population difference its a statistical nonissue compared to black on black crime. Which is why saying that in America blacks are more likely to be the murderer is a statistical reality.

That isn't what you were saying though. You said people were more likely to be victimized by a black murder that statement is false. That statement blacks are more likely to be murders is true.

In order you are more likely to be murdered by your own race then anyone else, after that you are more likely to be murdered by a white person, then black, and finally other.

In terms of a randomly selected person blacks are most likely to be murders then white. Have to be very careful with your language though if you want to convey the correct meaning.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
July 19th, 2015 at 7:00:45 PM permalink

In order you are more likely to be murdered by your own race then anyone else, after that you are more likely to be murdered by a white person, then black, and finally other. . . . Have to be very careful with your language though if you want to convey the correct meaning.

Good advice, because the statement about murder rates appears to be based on the F.B.I. report covering 2011. If so, that was well before the F.B.I. began classifying Hispanic people as a separate group.
ams288
ams288
July 19th, 2015 at 9:12:00 PM permalink

In terms of a randomly selected person blacks are most likely to be murders then white. Have to be very careful with your language though if you want to convey the correct meaning.

Conveying the correct meaning isn't a strong suit of several people who post in this thread.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
July 20th, 2015 at 6:11:34 AM permalink

That isn't what you were saying though. You said people were more likely to be victimized by a black murder that statement is false. That statement blacks are more likely to be murders is true.

In order you are more likely to be murdered by your own race then anyone else, after that you are more likely to be murdered by a white person, then black, and finally other.

In terms of a randomly selected person blacks are most likely to be murders then white. Have to be very careful with your language though if you want to convey the correct meaning.[/q

Leftist Logic 101

Black males; 6% of the population 61% of murderers
The 3 states with the lowest murders (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire) are all white with some of the loosest gun laws and highest gun ownership rates.
Conclusion-the problem is too many guns.

Gandler
Gandler
July 20th, 2015 at 10:07:24 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

Leftist Logic 101

The 3 states with the lowest murders (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire) are all white with some of the loosest gun laws and highest gun ownership rates.

It's OK the Confederate flag is gone now, so there will be no more black on black crime.
Twirdman
Twirdman
July 20th, 2015 at 10:39:11 AM permalink

Leftist Logic 101

None of these stats are right. Blacks do account for a significant portion of crime specifically they account for 52%, not 61%, of murders. They are 13% of the population not 6%. It is still disproportionate and there are a lot of complex reasons for this including a criminal justice system unfairly targeting African Americans for drug offenses even though white drug usage is similar to African Americans blacks are arrested at far higher rates.

2 The 3 states with the lowest murder rate are Iowa, Hawaii, and Vermont so you only got 1 of 3 right. New Hampshire is 5th and Maine is 7th . So I guess not too far off all top 10 at least. As for your gun ownership numbers of the 3 states you gave Maine is 24th Vermont is 20th and New Hampshire is 39th so technically two are in the top half of states but hardly highest gun owning states, in comparison top 3 murder states Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi all are in the top 15 and Alabama and Mississippi are in the top 10. As for the actual 3 states with lowest murder rate Iowa has high gun rate 16th Vermont we went over is 20th and Hawaii is 50th.

You aren't even twisting facts to get the conclusion you want you are just straight up making facts up.

Sources
Murder rate http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state
Gun owner rate http://usliberals.about.com/od/Election2012Factors/a/Gun-Owners-As-Percentage-Of-Each-States-Population.htm

Murder rate data is from 2013 and gun ownership from 2012 most recent dates I could find.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
July 20th, 2015 at 11:31:05 AM permalink

Blacks do account for a significant portion of crime specifically they account for 52%, not 61%, of murders. They are 13% of the population not 6%.

The 6 percent figures was specified for black males, usually half the population component.
Quote: twirdman

A criminal justice system unfairly targeting African Americans for drug offenses even though white drug usage is similar to African Americans blacks are arrested at far higher rates.

What is the source for this?
Twirdman
Twirdman
July 20th, 2015 at 11:40:45 AM permalink

The 6 percent figures was specified for black males, usually half the population component.
What is the source for this?

Than the 61% is even more off since the 52% is for all Blacks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/09/30/white-people-are-more-likely-to-deal-drugs-but-black-people-are-more-likely-to-get-arrested-for-it/ another source http://www.naacp.org/pages/criminal-justice-fact-sheet so 14 million whites compared to 2.6 million blacks. Whites are 63% of the population with blacks being 13% so roughly comparable levels of drug use. This http://www.vox.com/2015/3/17/8227569/war-on-drugs-racism claims slightly higher drug usage of blacks compared to whites 10.5% compared to 9.5% but blacks are arrested at a rate of 879 per 100,0000 while whites are 332 per 100,000. So there are clear disparities in arrest not linked to usage statistics. Same goes for convictions.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
July 20th, 2015 at 12:26:51 PM permalink

Than the 61% is even more off since the 52% is for all Blacks..

Only if you want to say that black women are as murderous as black men.
Twirdman
Twirdman
July 20th, 2015 at 2:19:19 PM permalink

Only if you want to say that black women are as murderous as black men.

No but they commit some murders. He already overestimated massively when he said 61% if black woman even commit a small fraction of the murders than Black men would not commit a majority of murders which is what he wanted to be true. Black people and black men in particular commit a significant number of murders for various reasons but you cannot just randomly pull numbers like 61% out your bum. I cannot find any statistics about black men in particular but woman are responsible for 23% of murder so just under a 1/3 ratio. Assuming black woman are similar to all woman black males would then be responsible for 3/4 of the 52% of murders so they are responsible for 39% of murder. 39% is significantly different then 61% and is a much more significant difference than what I originally said which was 52% compared to 61%.
terapined
terapined
July 20th, 2015 at 2:35:07 PM permalink
All these racial stats are totally absurd
Take somebody with the heritage of Obama.
If that person murders somebody, it goes in the book as a black.
Yet he is 1/2 white.
Tiger Woods is 1/2 Thai yet somebody with his background murders, goes in the book as Black.
All these racial stats are complete BS statistics.
They do not take into account the diversity of the racial makeup of many Americans such as Me or Tiger or Obama.
Say I kill somebody, what do they classify my race as, other? Its the box I am left checking most of my life.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
July 20th, 2015 at 3:13:18 PM permalink

I cannot find any statistics about black men in particular but woman are responsible for 23% of murder so just under a 1/3 ratio. Assuming black woman are similar to all woman black males would then be responsible for 3/4 of the 52% of murders so they are responsible for 39% of murder. 39% is significantly different then 61% and is a much more significant difference than what I originally said which was 52% compared to 61%.

As murder-homicide rates are under discussion, here are the figures from the F.B.I. The rate for the U.S. as a whole was 5. As of 2011, there were 3,172 white murder victims in the U.S., according to the FBI. The white population as a whole is 245.5 million, including whites who identify as Latinos. This yields an intentional homicide rate of 1.29.

In contrast, there were 2,695 black murder victims in 2011 against a 2013 black population of 41.7 million, which yields an intentional homicide rate of approximately 6.5.

That table also shows that the number of black female murders in proportion to black male murderers below 10 percent.
ams288
ams288
July 20th, 2015 at 3:46:49 PM permalink

Leftist Logic 101

This deserves the award for biggest "complete nonsense and total B.S." post of the year.

Congrats!!!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 20th, 2015 at 5:32:57 PM permalink

All these racial stats are totally absurd

I am calling ******** on this one.

Quote:

Take somebody with the heritage of Obama.
If that person murders somebody, it goes in the book as a black.
Yet he is 1/2 white.
Tiger Woods is 1/2 Thai yet somebody with his background murders, goes in the book as Black.
All these racial stats are complete BS statistics.
They do not take into account the diversity of the racial makeup of many Americans such as Me or Tiger or Obama.
Say I kill somebody, what do they classify my race as, other? Its the box I am left checking most of my life.

6.9% or so of the USA is multiracial, lets call it 7%. Not nearly enough to account for the huge black/white disparity. Blacks account for far more than their share of crime. Blacks attack whites more than whites attack blacks by % of population. I am sorry if this breaks the narrative some people want to put forth. Figures is figures.
Gandler
Gandler
July 20th, 2015 at 7:59:41 PM permalink

This deserves the award for biggest "complete nonsense and total B.S." post of the year.

Congrats!!!

His stats are off. change blacks to 13%

But the gun point is spot on.
Twirdman
Twirdman
July 20th, 2015 at 8:20:14 PM permalink

I already pointed out all his numbers are wrong. The states he said were 3 lowest crime rates were wrong. The states he listed are not exactly the most gun totting states in the union 1 ranking 39th and of the 3 actually states with lowest muurder rates 1 is like 16th most guns 1 is 20th and 1 is 50th. 16 and 20 are above normal but again hardly super high especially given 2 of the top 3 states for murder rate are states in the top 10 states for gun ownership. His murder rates for blacks was off actually being 52% not 61%. His post was completely devoid of any actual facts.
ams288
ams288
July 20th, 2015 at 8:36:56 PM permalink

He was totally wrong on his gun points. See Twirdman's correction with the actual stats...
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
July 20th, 2015 at 8:37:57 PM permalink

All these racial stats are totally absurd. Take somebody with the heritage of Obama. If that person murders somebody, it goes in the book as a black. Yet he is 1/2 white. Tiger Woods is 1/2 Thai yet somebody with his background murders, goes in the book as Black. All these racial stats are complete BS statistics. They do not take into account the diversity of the racial makeup of many Americans such as Me or Tiger or Obama. Say I kill somebody, what do they classify my race as, other? Its the box I am left checking most of my life.

You're right about the classifications etc. being screwy. But it's a key part of the social engineering "game" the left insists on running. Another glaring example of that is how Hispanic people, the vast majority of whom are called "white," are classified: "According to a 2009 report by the Pew Hispanic Center, in 2007 Latinos "accounted for 40% of all sentenced federal offenders-more than triple their share (13%) of the total U.S. adult population". This was an increase from 24% in 1991. 72% of the Latino offenders were not U.S. citizens. For Hispanic offenders sentenced in federal courts, 48% were immigration offenses and 37% drug offenses. One reason for the large increase in immigration offenses is that they exclusively fall under federal jurisdiction.[40]wikipedia
terapined
terapined
July 21st, 2015 at 4:24:24 AM permalink

You're right about the classifications etc. being screwy. But it's a key part of the social engineering "game" the left insists on running. Another glaring example of that is how Hispanic people, the vast majority of whom are called "white," are classified: "According to a 2009 report by the Pew Hispanic Center, in 2007 Latinos "accounted for 40% of all sentenced federal offenders-more than triple their share (13%) of the total U.S. adult population". This was an increase from 24% in 1991. 72% of the Latino offenders were not U.S. citizens. For Hispanic offenders sentenced in federal courts, 48% were immigration offenses and 37% drug offenses. One reason for the large increase in immigration offenses is that they exclusively fall under federal jurisdiction.[40]wikipedia

Hispanic marries a black, has a child. That child commits a crime, what's the race of the child?

In a previous post you said 7% of the country multiracial?
Where does that figure come from.
Please cite reference.
Is black marries latino multiracial?
This 7% , what percentage of multi racial people commit crimes?

How is race determined in all your stats, is it a glance or is somebody asking questions about heritage before checking off the box.
If somebody is checking a box upon glance, your figures are based on a crumbling foundation.
The racial classification , is the person determining this have a lot of choices? I usually pick other as the most accurate answer.
How many crimes are committed by the "other" racial class?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 21st, 2015 at 4:47:52 AM permalink

In a previous post you said 7% of the country multiracial?

Pew estimates that 6.9 percent of the U.S. population could be considered multiracial, including in its estimate the 1.4 percent who chose two or more races for themselves, 2.9 percent who chose one race for themselves but said that one or both of their parents was a different race or multiracial, and 2.6 percent who said at least one of their grandparents was multiracial or of a different race than their parents.

This is the first Google result and seems about in line when considering other numbers I have seen over the years.

Quote:

The racial classification , is the person determining this have a lot of choices? I usually pick other as the most accurate answer.
How many crimes are committed by the "other" racial class?

You would have to check FBI stats here. The most I can do is state that if I took a loan application the government told me to ask and if the person chose "refuse to answer" then to guess if the app it taken in person (I never took them in person, but if you do and they do not answer you are required by HMDA to make the call.) I know one does not equal the other, but this is how the Feds sometimes think on the matter.

Bottom line is that it is not a major skew on the numbers.
terapined
terapined
July 21st, 2015 at 4:55:19 AM permalink

[]Pew ESTIMATES that 6.9 percent of the U.S. population COULD be considered multiracial,

Bottom line is that it is not a major skew on the numbers.

Some guy just thinks up 6.9, admits its an estimate then uses the word "could"
The foundation has crumbled lol

Again, I ask
Hispanic marries a black, has a child. That child commits a crime, what's the race of the child?
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
July 21st, 2015 at 5:37:43 AM permalink
Deleted a not funny joke.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 21st, 2015 at 6:19:18 AM permalink

Some guy just thinks up 6.9, admits its an estimate then uses the word "could"
The foundation has crumbled lol

No. A research center polled to figure it out. It said "could" because multiracial people do not always directly identify as such, so probing questions are asked. For example, Korean and Japanese culture puts a huge stigma on "mixed" kids. So if such a person is asked they might not admit to their "white blood." Follow-up questions are asked.

Quote:

Again, I ask Hispanic marries a black, has a child. That child commits a crime, what's the race of the child?

The FBI does not have it broken out. I already answered my best guess. If you want a cynical guess, the FBI will put it in the most PC way, assigning the crime to white, aisan, and hispanic in that order before the other. But again, it does not matter all that much as first it should even out over a nation. Second, the trend has been there for decades on which race commits more crime.

Now, I would be happy to end collection of race data in the USA 100%. But liberals will never allow it as it means no more affirmative action, no more diversity, and no more racial favors. They prefer a Balkanized society, with races hating each other like on a prison yard. If you doubt this, look at who was against the Racial Privacy Initiative in CA some years back.
terapined
terapined
July 21st, 2015 at 8:27:30 AM permalink

No. A research center polled to figure it out. It said "could" because multiracial people do not always directly identify as such, so probing questions are asked. For example, Korean and Japanese culture puts a huge stigma on "mixed" kids. So if such a person is asked they might not admit to their "white blood." Follow-up questions are asked. .

I dont think their is any accurate way to determine how many Americans are racially diverse.

The FBI does not have it broken out. I already answered my best guess. If you want a cynical guess, the FBI will put it in the most PC way, assigning the crime to white, aisan, and hispanic in that order before the other. But again, it does not matter all that much as first it should even out over a nation. Second, the trend has been there for decades on which race commits more crime.

Now, I would be happy to end collection of race data in the USA 100%. But liberals will never allow it as it means no more affirmative action, no more diversity, and no more racial favors. They prefer a Balkanized society, with races hating each other like on a prison yard. If you doubt this, look at who was against the Racial Privacy Initiative in CA some years back.

I totally agree, if you cant easiiy determines race, its a meaningless stat. Its a stat that we should not collect or compile.
We are all individuals, many with diverse cultural backgrounds
It should never ever be on a form. I have to tell you, other is not a race and its not a box I should be forced to check off to determine my race.
My race is not other.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
July 21st, 2015 at 9:18:22 AM permalink

How is race determined in all your stats, is it a glance or is somebody asking questions about heritage before checking off the box.

The federal government standard, as determined by the Census Bureau, is how people classify themselves. As with the current trend to identify one's gender day by day, it is apparent, as with our national leader, the same holds true for ethnicity/race or whatever you want to call it.

The FBI presumably classifies on the basis of its opinion. Maybe just anyone with a dark mustache and heavily rimmed eyeglasses qualifies as "Hispanic." No es imposible.

That's just the whole point of this exercise. It boils down to not much more than people deciding arbitrarily on classifications.
That's a hell of a dumb and counterproductive way to run a society.

The racial classification , is the person determining this have a lot of choices? I usually pick other as the most accurate answer. How many crimes are committed by the "other" racial class?

I would say a majority. :)
  • Jump to: