Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 8th, 2015 at 6:00:46 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Maybe you are unaware of her poll numbers, but the true-to-form attacks all follow the party line:

"Who is Carly Fiorina? And where did she get the gall to criticize the leadership qualities of Hillary Clinton? Carly got her groove wholesale from the GOP and the Republican National Committee, which have chosen Carly to be their Trojan Horse in the battle against Hillary. . . . The basic fact is that Carly Fiorina is not qualified enough to be President of the United States, unless the standards of competency drop very precipitously, very soon. She has no experience in politics, apart from her failed bid for a spot in the Senate. Carly Fiorina is a tool." --Will Hillary Win

It is no surprise that "60 Minutes" reported that she was considered the most powerful woman in American business. Before taking over at HP, she directed the largest IPO in history. When she was CEO at HP, it skyrocketed to No. 3 in innovation. Some diehards probably don't like her attacks on a candidate who keeps confidential all the finances and communications (and then some) that she can. Any bets on when she just might release her post-2007 1040's? Harry Reid, I understand from friends in Searchlight, is taking the under.

I literally have no idea what point this post is trying to convey...

I stand by my post: Fiorina has no chance of ever becoming President.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
June 8th, 2015 at 6:08:04 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Keep up the misogyny, it's key to a Dem win.

Yeah because Dems never do unflattering pictures of female GOP canidates in their ads...
ams288
ams288
June 8th, 2015 at 6:37:15 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Yeah because Dems never do unflattering pictures of female GOP canidates in their ads...

So prior instances of Dems using unflattering pictures of state and local female GOP candidates gives all Repubs a free pass to say horrible things about Hillary's looks?

Nope.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
June 8th, 2015 at 8:16:40 PM permalink

So prior instances of Dems using unflattering pictures of state and local female GOP candidates gives all Repubs a free pass to say horrible things about Hillary's looks? Nope.

Gotta keep up that double standard.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
June 9th, 2015 at 2:50:07 AM permalink

So prior instances of Dems using unflattering pictures of state and local female GOP candidates gives all Repubs a free pass to say horrible things about Hillary's looks?

From attacks on Katherine Harris' appearance in 2000 to those about Sarah Palin's wardrobe in 2008 liberals have clearly said a woman's appearance is fair game.

Hillary's appearance will be a factor whether it is talked about or not. And know who it will really matter to most? I am guessing young women are the ones most not going to vote for a woman who looks as bad as she does. Just watch.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 9th, 2015 at 6:00:21 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

From attacks on Katherine Harris' appearance in 2000 to those about Sarah Palin's wardrobe in 2008 liberals have clearly said a woman's appearance is fair game.

Hillary's appearance will be a factor whether it is talked about or not. And know who it will really matter to most? I am guessing young women are the ones most not going to vote for a woman who looks as bad as she does. Just watch.

Conservative translation - We reserve the right to make this election about attractive physical apperance instead of the issues because thats the only way we can win :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
June 9th, 2015 at 6:08:29 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Conservative translation - We reserve the right to make this election about attractive physical apperance instead of the issues because thats the only way we can win :-)

You find something that resonates with people not matter how true or false the claim is. Isn't that why Barack Obama spent the entire 2008 campaign calling John McCain "George Bush" after all?
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ams288
ams288
June 9th, 2015 at 7:23:44 AM permalink

I am guessing young women are the ones most not going to vote for a woman who looks as bad as she does. Just watch.

I am guessing that's a terrible guess. As you've demonstrated time and time again, you are no good at putting yourself in the mindset of a liberal.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 9th, 2015 at 7:24:44 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

You find something that resonates with people not matter how true or false the claim is. Isn't that why Barack Obama spent the entire 2008 campaign calling John McCain "George Bush" after all?

Maybe to him all old white guys look the same?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
June 9th, 2015 at 7:28:29 AM permalink
I'd like each candidate to explain how they will differ from the current President on the issue of leadership.

Leadership isn't saying we don't have a plan for something and blaming it on the Pentagon, it is making sure the Pentagon provides a plan in a timely manner and getting rid of those who won't help make the plan. That doesn't mean getting rid of everyone who disagrees, it means making the people involved come to a conclusion and produce a plan--or even plans for the President to choose from...

I want a President who leads. I'm not as concerned about what party right now but I do hope it comes down to two people who are capable of leadership instead of other ridiculous things like looks, sex, or skin color--those are not reasons for someone to be, or not be, President.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 9th, 2015 at 9:19:05 AM permalink
Evenbob has a keen insight into being wrong about who is unelectable. With a little luck, he'll score again.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
June 9th, 2015 at 9:21:05 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Evenbob has a keen insight into being wrong about who is unelectable. With a little luck, he'll score again.

He did miss the last pick by a bit...
rxwine
rxwine
June 9th, 2015 at 9:36:27 AM permalink
The last time I saw any excitement on the Republican side is when Sarah Palin came along. I don't expect Hillary to generate a lot either.

It's just a freakin' pack of horses all bunched up at the start right now.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
June 9th, 2015 at 9:55:39 AM permalink

The last time I saw any excitement on the Republican side is when Sarah Palin came along. I don't expect Hillary to generate a lot either.

It's just a freakin' pack of horses all bunched up at the start right now.

I don't know how much excitement Palin generated. I guess some among the repubs.....certainly not enough among independents. But I do strongly agree with second statement. I voted for Hillary in 2008 primary, and I am not the least bit excited about her 2016 candidacy, although I may end up voting for her by default.

On the repub side, I said a while ago, I could live with a Jeb Bush presidency. My biggest opposition to Jeb Bush is not even policy related, but rather I am against a third Bush presidency in the last 30 years. The first 2, each took us into new wars, but mostly, I don't want the US to become one of those places where one family has a monopoly on governing.

But, I no longer believe Jeb is really even in the mix. His candidacy is creating zero excitement and he really looks almost disinterested. He looks like he just doesn't want to be going through this whole thing. He definitely isn't connecting with voters. He just isn't that likeable. Say what you want about brother George's policies, he was likable. I liked him. Didn't agree with most of his policies, but liked him. Jeb doesn't have that quality. Maybe that will change. He will have a lot of money to spend, but I don't see it.

At this point, a long way out, I see the repub side coming down to Walker or Rubio, and if that's the case, I gotta go back to Hillary. BTW, Rubio does have that quality, where he is very likable, even if you don't like or agree with what he is saying.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
June 9th, 2015 at 10:49:27 AM permalink
Wait, wha?? I like to follow the political threads here, but usually refrain from commenting. I try to apply the axiom, "The two topics you don't bring up at the poker table are religion and politics," to this forum. But you've got me scratching my head here, KJ:

Quote: kewlj

I don't know how much excitement Palin generated. I guess some among the repubs.....certainly not enough among independents. But I do strongly agree with second statement. I voted for Hillary in 2008 primary, and I am not the least bit excited about her 2016 candidacy, although I may end up voting for her by default.

On the repub side, I said a while ago, I could live with a Jeb Bush presidency. My biggest opposition to Jeb Bush is not even policy related, but rather I am against a third Bush presidency in the last 30 years. The first 2, each took us into new wars, but mostly, I don't want the US to become one of those places where one family has a monopoly on governing.

But, I no longer believe Jeb is really even in the mix. His candidacy is creating zero excitement and he really looks almost disinterested. He looks like he just doesn't want to be going through this whole thing. He definitely isn't connecting with voters. He just isn't that likeable. Say what you want about brother George's policies, he was likable. I liked him. Didn't agree with most of his policies, but liked him. Jeb doesn't have that quality. Maybe that will change. He will have a lot of money to spend, but I don't see it.

At this point, a long way out, I see the repub side coming down to Walker or Rubio, and if that's the case, I gotta go back to Hillary. BTW, Rubio does have that quality, where he is very likable, even if you don't like or agree with what he is saying.

"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
kewlj
kewlj
June 9th, 2015 at 11:14:01 AM permalink
I am not sure I understand your confusion, Joeman? I guess you are making the point, that a Hillary presidency, would also be the second in that family in the last 25 years. This is true. But my "default" comment states that I may not have a choice in the matter. Hillary is almost certain to be the Democratic Nominee, whether I like it or not.

At that point it becomes what I consider the lesser of two evils. And with THESE two political parties and the candidates we have to choose from, isn't that the way it seems to be going more and more often (sadly). When it gets down to a final two candidates, I suspect more people end up voting against one, rather than for the other.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
June 9th, 2015 at 11:27:47 AM permalink

I am not sure I understand your confusion, Joeman? I guess you are making the point, that a Hillary presidency, would also be the second in that family in the last 25 years. This is true. But my "default" comment states that I may not have a choice in the matter. Hillary is almost certain to be the Democratic Nominee, whether I like it or not.

Yeah, your statements seemed to contradict each other. Not trying to pick on you -- your posts are usually thoughtful and your arguments well laid out. I guess that's why this one stood out to me.

Quote:

At that point it becomes what I consider the lesser of two evils. And with THESE two political parties and the candidates we have to choose from, isn't that the way it seems to be going more and more often (sadly). When it gets down to a final two candidates, I suspect more people end up voting against one, rather than for the other.

Yes. Depressingly, I have felt this to be the case more often than it should.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 9th, 2015 at 11:53:14 AM permalink

The period after Palin was selected and before the press pile-on was the only time McCain was ahead in the polls, so probably some indie excitement. I can for sure say it was the only time the base was excited as McCain was an example of why we should not have open primaries. Other than when he picked Palin it was as if you were watching a WWF match where McCain was a jobber-to-the-stars who was predetermined to lose and happy with just being there.
ams288
ams288
June 16th, 2015 at 11:30:57 AM permalink
If the Republican primary debates weren't already going to be a big enough clown show, Donald Trump has officially entered the race...
rxwine
rxwine
June 16th, 2015 at 11:38:20 AM permalink

If the Republican primary debates weren't already going to be a big enough clown show, Donald Trump has officially entered the race...

Never met a camera he didn't like.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 16th, 2015 at 11:38:59 AM permalink

Yeah, heaven forbid a self-made person show up.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
June 16th, 2015 at 11:58:55 AM permalink
There are many self-made people who aren't clowns. I'm not a clown, but on the other hand I'm also not running for president.

"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall."
-- Donald Trump
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
ams288
ams288
June 16th, 2015 at 12:00:16 PM permalink

Haha, I love that the right wingers are forced to defend Donald Trump this election season.

What a great day it is to be a Dem...
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 12:13:48 PM permalink

Haha, I love that the right wingers are forced to defend Donald Trump this election season.

Yeah, I get it...it is kind of like having to defend the President or Hillary for liberals...not really what you want to do but you do it anyway...
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 12:15:29 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

There are many self-made people who aren't clowns. I'm not a clown, but on the other hand I'm also not running for president.

"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall."
-- Donald Trump

Not a great idea but it as at least as good of an idea as what we are doing now...basically, nothing. Nothing or a Great Wall. The truth is obviously somewhere in the middle.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
June 16th, 2015 at 12:16:45 PM permalink
My point was the part about having Mexico pay for it. That's like sitting down at a blackjack table and insisting that the dealer play first.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
ams288
ams288
June 16th, 2015 at 12:20:12 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Yeah, I get it...it is kind of like having to defend the President or Hillary for liberals...not really what you want to do but you do it anyway...

False equivalence. Not even close to the same thing. Nice try.
rxwine
rxwine
June 16th, 2015 at 12:23:06 PM permalink

Not a great idea but it as at least as good of an idea as what we are doing now...basically, nothing. Nothing or a Great Wall. The truth is obviously somewhere in the middle.

Machine guns and trenches?
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 12:27:46 PM permalink

False equivalence. Not even close to the same thing. Nice try.

Of course. Everything is a "false equivalence"...so, no need to defend either one of them...

I don't want Trump to be President. There is not a candidate on either side that I feel comfortable with at this point. Maybe someone will change that over the course of the primaries.
terapined
terapined
June 16th, 2015 at 12:29:40 PM permalink

Trump running for President, what a clown.
As a liberal, love it when the conservatives feel they have to defend the clowns on the right.
Yes there are clowns on the left, Al Sharpton for one, up there with Bozo, just like Trump :-)
No way I defend a clown, left or right
On the other hand, the conservatives coming to clown Trumps defence LOL.
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 12:31:22 PM permalink

--Severe penalties for employers of illegals
--Enough patrols and fencing at the border to discourage border crossings by illegals
--sanctions against governments encouraging illegals to head this way
--benefits for governments who discourage illegals from heading this way
--immediate deportation for those caught in the act of crossing the border

There are ways without machine guns and trenches.

Why do we want to forget that it is a border? I bet none of you who own a home are comfortable with people you don't know coming into your yard whenever they feel like it. Why should we be comfortable with people who want to come here but their first act in arriving is illegal?
rxwine
rxwine
June 16th, 2015 at 1:12:36 PM permalink

Why do we want to forget that it is a border? I bet none of you who own a home are comfortable with people you don't know coming into your yard whenever they feel like it. Why should we be comfortable with people who want to come here but their first act in arriving is illegal?

Can't disagree with you more. (well I could but it would require more topics)

Kid trespasses into my yard, when I clearly have a sign up. I say, Okay I pay you to do some odd jobs and you do a good job and don't cause any problem and I will forgive you. Later, it's all done, looks good. Followed all the rest of my rules for behavior.

The only difference with certain illegals is, the kid does all the good stuff before I catch him.

Now I'm not talking about the problem illegals, the crooks, the gang members, but those that keep a clean record.
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 1:27:08 PM permalink

Can't disagree with you more. (well I could but it would require more topics)

That is fine with me--no one has to agree with anyone all the time.

Kid trespasses into my yard, when I clearly have a sign up. I say, Okay I pay you to do some odd jobs and you do a good job and don't cause any problem and I will forgive you. Later, it's all done, looks good. Followed all the rest of my rules for behavior.

A grown man trespasses in your yard. Then another. Then another. Then a family. Then another. At some point, you need to say stop, you aren't welcome here, and send them packing. You run out of odd jobs for them and now you are providing them with welfare, CHIPs, etc.

Your idea MIGHT work but the liberals made no real effort to make it happen when they were in power, so we don't know. That's the problem--you can say that is what you would like to do, and the Dems had the power to do it, but they did not do it.

The only difference with certain illegals is, the kid does all the good stuff before I catch him.

I didn't say we have to toss everyone who is here out of the country; I'd rather just start with stopping the flow of illegals and then go from there. If they stop coming and we stop letting them come pretty much freely, THEN is the time to work on somehow legalizing the ones who have been here a while.

We tried amnesty and saying it wouldn't happen again, we failed to address the border then, why the heck would we want to do the same thing again?

Now I'm not talking about the problem illegals, the crooks, the gang members, but those that keep a clean record.

I think everyone agrees with getting rid of the problem illegals. It is just that some of us consider more of them problems than others.
rxwine
rxwine
June 16th, 2015 at 1:50:32 PM permalink

A grown man trespasses in your yard. Then another. Then another. Then a family. Then another. At some point, you need to say stop, you aren't welcome here, and send them packing. You run out of odd jobs for them and now you are providing them with welfare, CHIPs, etc.

Oh I have no problem with deporting people who just end up wandering around, finding no work.

One of the basis of being deported should include such things. Did you find any work here? Did you obey the laws otherwise. In other words, have you been a good citizen up to the point we found you.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 16th, 2015 at 1:59:34 PM permalink

Trump is not my first choice. But he is no clown. He is not saying to vote for him because he is a guy or because he was married to Ivana. I mean, if your basis for election is your gender and who you were married to, that is a bit of a clown show.
rxwine
rxwine
June 16th, 2015 at 2:12:37 PM permalink
why-donald-trump-isnt-a-real-candidate-in-one-chart/

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/why-donald-trump-isnt-a-real-candidate-in-one-chart/
beerseason
beerseason
  • Threads: 4
June 16th, 2015 at 2:22:18 PM permalink

why-donald-trump-isnt-a-real-candidate-in-one-chart/

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/why-donald-trump-isnt-a-real-candidate-in-one-chart/

Very interesting. Wish they would have shown more candidates and noted it on the graph.
terapined
terapined
June 16th, 2015 at 2:26:56 PM permalink

Trump is not my first choice. But he is no clown. He is not saying to vote for him because he is a guy or because he was married to Ivana. I mean, if your basis for election is your gender and who you were married to, that is a bit of a clown show.

Too vain to be president.
He cant deal with going bald so he does the long few hairs in the front comb over that makes him look like a clown.
Can you picture him walking to or from Marine 1 copter with the comb over hair blowing every which way exposing the bald head lol
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 2:28:23 PM permalink

Oh I have no problem with deporting people who just end up wandering around, finding no work.

One of the basis of being deported should include such things. Did you find any work here? Did you obey the laws otherwise. In other words, have you been a good citizen up to the point we found you.

"have you been a good citizen"--off to a bad start there. They most certainly aren't "citizens" of the US. They are "illegal aliens" or, as described in the everyone gets a trophy world, "undocumented immigrants." I am betting that you really didn't mean citizen, of course...
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 2:29:32 PM permalink

Too vain to be president.

He cant deal with going bald so he does the long few hairs in the front comb over that makes him look like a clown.

Too vain? Aren't all of them a bit vain?

...and why do we insist on insulting clowns?
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 16th, 2015 at 2:34:01 PM permalink

There is not a candidate on either side that I feel comfortable with at this point. Maybe someone will change that over the course of the primaries.

I'll be 35 this winter. You'll have to wait 'til 2020 =)

Kidding, of course.

I will have begun my coup by then and it'll all be moot.*

*smiley purposely omitted.
:serious face:
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RonC
RonC
June 16th, 2015 at 4:11:20 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I'll be 35 this winter. You'll have to wait 'til 2020 =)

Kidding, of course.

I will have begun my coup by then and it'll all be moot.*

*smiley purposely omitted.
:serious face:

You won't be 35 by January 20th? Too bad for us!!
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
June 16th, 2015 at 5:53:37 PM permalink

How is Trump a self made person? He inherited a real estate empire from his father and turned it into a real estate empire. I mean literally the first building Donald Trump worked on was bought by his father for him while he was still in college. He is less of a self made man then Mitt Romney and that is fairly impressive.
kewlj
kewlj
June 16th, 2015 at 5:56:50 PM permalink

--Severe penalties for employers of illegals
--Enough patrols and fencing at the border to discourage border crossings by illegals
--sanctions against governments encouraging illegals to head this way
--benefits for governments who discourage illegals from heading this way
--immediate deportation for those caught in the act of crossing the border

There are ways without machine guns and trenches.

Ya know Ron, at some point, my family came from Ireland back in the day, just like millions of others from different parts of Europe. These were all people seeking a better life for themselves and there children in America. Today, it's coming up from Mexico and South America, rather than Europe. And these people are looking for better opportunities for themselves and their children. The only difference is that we (United States) are not welcoming everyone anymore, as we did for hundreds of years.

When my family, and probably yours, came from wherever, what if the US had a non welcome policy. Would that have changed anything? Would mine and your ancestors not have come, or would they have still come seeking a better life for their children, knowing that their first act in arriving was illegal?

It's a different time and we (U.S) have overpopulation issues and not enough jobs, so policies needed to, and still need to change. But all I am saying is let's not vilify people who only seek a better live for their children. However we have to handle it, we need to show compassion for those less fortunate that seek a better life (and be grateful that our ancestor's choose a different time to seek a better life).
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
June 16th, 2015 at 6:00:24 PM permalink

Don't forget the landmines and killer drones, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 16th, 2015 at 6:49:05 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

How is Trump a self made person? He inherited a real estate empire from his father and turned it into a real estate empire. I mean literally the first building Donald Trump worked on was bought by his father for him while he was still in college. He is less of a self made man then Mitt Romney and that is fairly impressive.

How? He started work at said real estate company that was primarily involved in middle class housing and made a success of himself. From an unknown, average company to perhaps the biggest brand in real estate, A/C casinos, and even had himself an airline at one time. His dad may have put him in charge, but he made himself a success. Something Hillary has yet to do, unless you call blaming a Youtube video for your failures success.

BTW: Where is Mitt Romney not a self-made man? Seems to me he could have had his dad give him a plum job in the auto industry or somewhere else. He worked in many companies and made many of them work much better than they had been.

Seriously, why is success in the real world such a downer for you folks on the left?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 16th, 2015 at 8:04:22 PM permalink

Trump running for President, what a clown.

You have a real clown to worry about,
and she's in full clown makeup at all
times.

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
June 16th, 2015 at 9:45:01 PM permalink

How? He started work at said real estate company that was primarily involved in middle class housing and made a success of himself. From an unknown, average company to perhaps the biggest brand in real estate, A/C casinos, and even had himself an airline at one time. His dad may have put him in charge, but he made himself a success. Something Hillary has yet to do, unless you call blaming a Youtube video for your failures success.

BTW: Where is Mitt Romney not a self-made man? Seems to me he could have had his dad give him a plum job in the auto industry or somewhere else. He worked in many companies and made many of them work much better than they had been.

Seriously, why is success in the real world such a downer for you folks on the left?

He started working in a real estate company owned by his father and managed to stumble his way to success after several failures. He doesn't even control Trump entertainment anymore doesn't even sit on the board might have something to do with the company having to file for bankruptcy not once not twice but three times while he was at the helm truly a model business men. The best you can say is Trump was born on third base and went from there. Also it wasn't a minor real estate company it was quite large owning several multi million dollar properties in the 60s . Also Hilary has made quite successful investments as well as having been partner at a major law firm.

Success isn't a downer but stop claiming that people born rich who used their parents contacts to get ahead somehow are self made men. There are plenty of self made men who did work to get where they are the Romneys and Trumps of the world aren't it. For instance Trumps father self made. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet to a large extent self made. Sheldon Adelson is a self made man. I mean if you start calling Donald Trump self made what next the current Waltons.
rxwine
rxwine
June 16th, 2015 at 10:09:33 PM permalink
Trump will try to put his name on everything. Reason enough never to elect him.
kewlj
kewlj
June 16th, 2015 at 10:18:01 PM permalink

I no longer believe Jeb is really even in the mix. His candidacy is creating zero excitement and he really looks almost disinterested. He looks like he just doesn't want to be going through this whole thing. He definitely isn't connecting with voters. He just isn't that likeable. Say what you want about brother George's policies, he was likable. I liked him. Didn't agree with most of his policies, but liked him. Jeb doesn't have that quality. Maybe that will change. He will have a lot of money to spend, but I don't see it.

At this point, a long way out, I see the repub side coming down to Walker or Rubio.

Past two days have been a disaster for an already struggling Jeb Bush.

During his official rollout yesterday, he was 'goated' into restating his immigration position, which goes completely against the party. THAT was the big sound bite from his speech, and will cost him votes in the primaries. I can't believe he fell for being 'goated' into that by a heckler.

Today may have been even worse news for Jeb if Trump is REALLY running (he isn't officially running until he files paperwork, which he now has 15 days to do). Trump hates Jeb Bush. Hates the Bushes. Said so several times today during his 'announcement'. If he qualifies to be on the debate stage, he will go after Jeb Bush and tear him down better than democrats ever could.

Jeb might be able to beat Hillary in a general election, but he's never going to make it through his own party to get there and if he some how does, he will be so beat up, he will have no shot. It's a strange thing the repubs are doing this campaign season so far.
  • Jump to: