Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
November 8th, 2013 at 8:21:50 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" bridge the gap between the moderates and the tea party " Easier to turn lead into gold. Imagine trying to muzzle Ted Cruz and his wacko followers.



Amazing. It is easier to label them wacko than it is to argue with their positions.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
November 8th, 2013 at 8:35:16 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Yeah, those people who believe in the Constitution and living within our means are just crazies. When will they come to their senses and just let government make the hard choices in their lives.

other than waving around a miniature version of the Constitution, Canada's Ted Cruz has never supported anything that's actually in it. As far the budget goes, Ted Cruz (a natural born Canadian) voted to blow a huge hole in the budget deficit by voting against the continuing resolution.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 231
  • Posts: 12756
November 8th, 2013 at 9:16:15 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Ted Cruz (a natural born Canadian) voted to blow a huge hole in the budget deficit by voting against the continuing resolution.



How on earth does voting against a CR "blow a hole in the budget?" Constitutionally, Congress is supposed to pass a budget, not a CR BTW.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
November 8th, 2013 at 9:40:31 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

How on earth does voting against a CR "blow a hole in the budget?" Constitutionally, Congress is supposed to pass a budget, not a CR BTW.

Simple, if the Canadian had his way then the debt ceiling would not have been raised thereby increasing borrowing costs for not only the federal government but everybody else. By the way, Ted Cruz hasn't voted in favor of any budget yet, therefore, by your logic, he flagrantly violates the Constitution.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 231
  • Posts: 12756
November 8th, 2013 at 10:00:23 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Simple, if the Canadian had his way then the debt ceiling would not have been raised thereby increasing borrowing costs for not only the federal government but everybody else. By the way, Ted Cruz hasn't voted in favor of any budget yet, therefore, by your logic, he flagrantly violates the Constitution.



Actually it would LOWER borrowing costs for everyone. If the government was not borrowing a trillion dollars a year then that is a trillion available for private borrowing. And costs for the government would plummet as the supply of available debt would shrink drastically but the same number of available dollars would compete for the lower Treasury Issues.

You must have me mixed up with your fellow Obama voters in my understanding of economics and banking.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
steeldco
steeldco
Joined: Nov 30, 2011
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 4914
November 8th, 2013 at 10:06:34 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Actually it would LOWER borrowing costs for everyone.



Really? The debt ceiling not getting raised would surely cause the end of QE. That would, over the short and mid-term, raise rates.

No wonder that the once awfully good Republican party is now useless. You, Beethoven, Ted Cruz, and others like you need to go out and form your own party.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
steeldco
steeldco
Joined: Nov 30, 2011
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 4914
November 8th, 2013 at 10:06:35 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Actually it would LOWER borrowing costs for everyone.



Really? The debt ceiling not getting raised would surely cause the end of QE. That would, over the short and mid-term, raise rates.

No wonder that the once awfully good Republican party is now useless. You, Beethoven, Ted Cruz, and others like you need to go out and form your own party.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 231
  • Posts: 12756
November 8th, 2013 at 10:13:09 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Really? The debt ceiling not getting raised would surely cause the end of QE. That would, over the short and mid-term, raise rates.



What does the debt ceiling have to do with QE? QE is done by the Federal Reserve creating money, and they are using the QE program to buy private bonds. In addition, the Fed could buy Treasuries on the secondary market if they wanted government debt.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
steeldco
steeldco
Joined: Nov 30, 2011
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 4914
November 8th, 2013 at 10:17:12 AM permalink
How do you think that QE is funded? You think it has no effect on the amount of our debt?
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 231
  • Posts: 12756
November 8th, 2013 at 10:23:20 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

How do you think that QE is funded? You think it has no effect on the amount of our debt?



How do *YOU* think QE is funded?

Because I *KNOW* how QE is funded. The Fed creates money out of thin air to purchase debt instruments. It does not come out of the Federal Budget.

Seriously, how could and why would the Feds use money in the budget to buy T-Bonds to fund deficit spending?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

  • Jump to: