Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 3rd, 2014 at 6:53:33 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Illegal Immigrants obviously means something different in the US. Just like the word 'liberal' does, eh? :D

Pretty soon, "illegal immigrant" is going to mean the same thing as "US citizen". lol...
Fighting BS one post at a time!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 3rd, 2014 at 7:24:10 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

A ship stuck in the ice.
Hmm , a ship stuck in the ice with passengers B9 does not like. Shrug.
Its still a ship stuck in the ice.

No, it's a ship stuck in the ice in the middle of
SUMMER! That's the time of year of ice retreating
and it's not, it's increasing. Do you know how screwed
we'll be if another Ice Age is coming? We know those
happen, there's no argument from anybody that
they've happened many times. And they happen fast,
in decades.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 3rd, 2014 at 9:23:32 PM permalink
Media Skip Inconvenient Detail About Stranded Ship In Antarctica

Gutfeld nails it again!

EvenBob
EvenBob
January 3rd, 2014 at 9:42:46 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Media Skip Inconvenient Detail About Stranded Ship In Antarctica

Gutfeld nails it again!

I watch it just to see Kimberly. Her and I are
fated to be together one day..
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 3rd, 2014 at 10:01:56 PM permalink

That's my point. The media loves to insert "Tea Party" into whatever (usually bad) story they can, but they never do that when it comes to liberal causes.

Really. Hmm, interesting. The recent stories concerning the tea party that I have seen concern upcoming primary elections and challenging the repub incumbent. All these stories are pretty straight forward. That's all I've really seen lately in the media concerning the tea party. What are some of the "usually bad" stories are you reading?

by the way, thanks for no facepalm, its really getting overused.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 3rd, 2014 at 10:31:58 PM permalink

What are some of the "usually bad" stories are you reading?

The most famous example is ABC's Brian Ross reporting that there was "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado...on the Colorado Tea party site" after the Aurora shooting.

Name ONE similar example where a liberal group was brought up out of the blue after a tragedy. (You can't)

by the way, thanks for no facepalm, its really getting overused.

I agree, that's why you should stop writing facepalm-worthy posts. ;)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 3rd, 2014 at 10:34:06 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I'll never understand what she saw in that loser Gavin Newsom.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 3rd, 2014 at 11:38:24 PM permalink

I'll never understand what she saw in that loser Gavin Newsom.

There's a pic of her in a bikini somewhere, I can't
bear to look at it.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
January 4th, 2014 at 8:18:40 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Check it out, Ted Cruz is going for full United States of America citizenship instead of his halvesies status that he has now. A least that's what he says. He'd be cray-cray to give up his excellent Canadian health care but then again, he is cray-cray.

So, is it a mental health issue? That's the only valid reason that I can think of for Ted Cruz not dropping his home country's citizenship.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 4th, 2014 at 9:10:15 AM permalink
University developing technology to vote on your tablet, smartphone

Yet another reason why Democrats will dominate future elections. Voter fraud will be that much easier!
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
January 4th, 2014 at 9:45:56 AM permalink

Maybe we can work a Strangers on a Train thing. I'll produce Kinberly if you deliver Andrea.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 4th, 2014 at 10:22:18 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Maybe we can work a Strangers on a Train thing. I'll produce Kinberly if you deliver Andrea.

My favorite was when Rush Limbaugh mistakenly called her Andrea "Tarantula". lol...
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 4th, 2014 at 1:08:30 PM permalink

My favorite was when Rush Limbaugh mistakenly called her Andrea "Tarantula". lol...

She's only 26, where Kim is 44. Looks awfully good
for 44..
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
January 4th, 2014 at 1:19:35 PM permalink
Andrea was born 12/30/78, Mickey says she's 35.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 4th, 2014 at 1:34:14 PM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Andrea was born 12/30/78, Mickey says she's 35.

I know one of them is 26, she just had a birthday.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
January 4th, 2014 at 1:47:15 PM permalink

I know one of them is 26, she just had a birthday.

Andrea just had a birthday, Bob said it was her 26th as a joke. I noticed she made no effort to correct him.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 4th, 2014 at 1:54:15 PM permalink
Andrea turned 35 on Monday. Both she and Kimberly look fantastic.
terapined
terapined
January 6th, 2014 at 4:58:34 AM permalink
Foxnews, Msnbc, CNN, ABC ect, all part of the lame stream media.
Yup , Foxnews is no better then say MSNBC, all part of the lame stream media.

The supposed North Korean execution by 120 dogs. cmon. 120 dogs? Who had time to count. lol
Is the story so outrageous that all the lame stream media, including Foxnews, reports this.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/03/north-korean-leader-feeds-uncle-to-starving-dogs-reports-say/

How come Chinese and South Korean media are not all over this like the lame stream media like Fox, Because they live in that part of the world and the story is nonsense.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/01/03/no-kim-jong-un-probably-didnt-feed-his-uncle-to-120-hungry-dogs/

Don't watch Foxnews, don't watch MSNBC, all lame stream.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 8th, 2014 at 12:23:58 AM permalink
Since Mr. Tangent likes former Defense Secretary Robert Gates so much, maybe he'll like this piece:

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama admitted they opposed Iraq troop surge only to look good politically, claims former defense secretary Robert Gates in damning new book

BTW, this could be a major problem for Hillary in 2016.
terapined
terapined
January 8th, 2014 at 4:03:34 AM permalink

Since Mr. Tangent likes former Defense Secretary Robert Gates so much, maybe he'll like this piece:

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama admitted they opposed Iraq troop surge only to look good politically, claims former defense secretary Robert Gates in damning new book

BTW, this could be a major problem for Hillary in 2016.

Politicians making decisions based on politics is news? lol
This will be ancient news in 2016.
fail

I see Foxnews stands by the ridiculous 120 dogs story.
At least CNN, Msnbc and Wash Post is backing off the ridiculous story.
Fox, they hate N Korea, they stand by their rumor story. lol
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 8th, 2014 at 4:53:44 AM permalink

Politicians making decisions based on politics is news? lol

It's pretty sad that you find it funny that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton based their decisions (which affected American lives) on politics. *facepalm*
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 8th, 2014 at 7:21:48 AM permalink
Pretty much all US politicians unfortunately base their decisions on politics, including how much it will affect their fundraising capabilities via lobbyists. Sad, really.

Why would Barack or Shrillary be any different?
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
terapined
terapined
January 8th, 2014 at 11:29:33 AM permalink
deleted
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 8th, 2014 at 11:46:45 AM permalink

Things are not looking good for Christie in 2016

Realistically, things were NEVER looking good for Christie in 2016.

Republican primary voters would never choose him out of all of the potential candidates, he's way too "liberal" for primary voters.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 8th, 2014 at 12:10:20 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Realistically, things were NEVER looking good for Christie in 2016.

Christie jumped the shark when he held Barry's hand
(literally held his hand) on the beach after the hurricane.
He can't be trusted now, Barry's treachery rubbed off
on him.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 8th, 2014 at 12:19:25 PM permalink

Its not funny. Its reality.
Try living in the REAL world. Its a facinating world when you deal with reality rather then fantasy.
Take NJ Gov Christie.

Typical lib tactic. You can't defend Benghazi, so you have to change the subject to Chris Christie.

Has Shifty been giving you lessons? lol...
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 8th, 2014 at 12:45:30 PM permalink
Chris and HUSSEIN are total BFFs. All liberals want to see Chris Christie become the next Republican Presidential nominee. He's a dreamboat.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 8th, 2014 at 5:20:31 PM permalink
More good news:

Quote:

At the annual State of American Business Address on Wednesday, U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Thomas J. Donohue announced that the chamber plans on endorsing against some tea party members in Republican primaries.

“In 2014, the chamber will work to protect and expand a pro-business majority in the House and advance our position and our influence in the Senate,” Donohue said. “The business community understands what’s at stake.”

Donohue explained in an interview with Bloomberg, that while he is skeptical of big government, he opposes politicians who have “hitched their trailer to the tea party wagon.” Donohue blames these lawmakers for shutting down the government in October 2013.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/08/chamber-of-commerce-to-oppose-tea-party-in-primaries/

OTOH, the hardline tea party candidates might be the best thing to happen to the Democrats, so maybe the Tea Party folks doubling down would be fine too.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 8th, 2014 at 5:26:14 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

OTOH, the hardline tea party candidates might be the best thing to happen to the Democrats, so maybe the Tea Party folks doubling down would be fine too.

So the Democrats losing the House was one of the best things that ever happened to them?

I still ask anyone who is anti-Tea Party, what part of Constitutionalism is it that you are against?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
January 8th, 2014 at 5:38:40 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So the Democrats losing the House was one of the best things that ever happened to them?

I still ask anyone who is anti-Tea Party, what part of Constitutionalism is it that you are against?

I'm looking at long term benefits. Kind of like how you feel about Obama. Some people didn't know him, so it's fair to say you can't use that excuse anymore if they would or wouldn't support him now (even though he can't run).

Tea Party is becoming a known quantity.

I am in support of living constitutionalism.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
January 8th, 2014 at 5:45:33 PM permalink
deleted
rxwine
rxwine
January 8th, 2014 at 5:53:56 PM permalink
...Yeah, I will add to that, the Democrats don't really have any significant faction of people that are extreme enough they want to control the rest of their party and therefore end up in significant divisions. That may happen in the future, but right now, don't see much of anything like that going on with the Democrats.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 8th, 2014 at 6:57:00 PM permalink
Remember when the only thing that mattered was BENGHAZEEEEE? Funny how the right wing shuts up when there's an actual scandal among their top chosen leaders.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 8th, 2014 at 8:15:10 PM permalink

Remember when the only thing that mattered was BENGHAZEEEEE?

Wow, it's good to know that 4 dead Americans don't "matter" to you. *facepalm*

the Democrats don't really have any significant faction of people that are extreme

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 9th, 2014 at 2:50:54 AM permalink

The Democrats have the senate due to the tea party :-)

Not really. Dems captured the House before the Tea Party was conceived.

Quote:

Dems got majority of votes in the house. Repubs won house due to gerrymandering. Repubs got less then 50 per cent vote adding up all House election totals.

Sorry, but not true. We do not have "at large" House voting. Of course there will be more votes for House members in a large state like California than a small state like Wyoming.

I am in support of living constitutionalism.

This is another way of saying you support the cult of personality of the moment and support no constitution of any type. The Constitution is a contract between the government and the people. You do not change the meaning of a contract to fit the moment. If you want it changed you go through the proper procedure and change it.

"Living Constitution" is a cute term that sounds nice, but is really a recipe for tyranny.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 9th, 2014 at 9:04:06 AM permalink

Remember when the only thing that mattered was BENGHAZEEEEE? Funny how the right wing shuts up when there's an actual scandal among their top chosen leaders.

You are wrong. There have already been a few comments that say negative things about Christie and I am going to add to them--part of being a good leader is surrounding yourself with people that will resist the temptation to do stupid things. There are lots of temptations to being "powerful"--you can be nasty and get away with it most of the time (did Rahm suffer too much for the fish trick?)--but you can't have people around you who are nasty or vindictive enough to do something like these aides did. Political nastiness is one thing; hurting constituents is another.

Heads are rolling--which is good--how often has a head rolled in the President's administration when their was a scandal?

We'll see how Christie gets through this. It is early in "the season" so he may rebound fully or it could be deeper and more nasty tricks could be exposed. He's not my favorite among the candidates.
RonC
RonC
January 9th, 2014 at 9:08:24 AM permalink

Dems got majority of votes in the house. Repubs won house due to gerrymandering. Repubs got less then 50 per cent vote adding up all House election totals.

It never matters who got the most votes in the House as a party. Ever. Each representative runs in his own area and that is the only vote total that matters. We already screwed up by changing the way Senators are chosen; what you are saying sounds like some kind of a reason to elect representatives differently.

Gerrymandering? It has worked for both parties. You can't really "blame" an election on something that has been happening for a long time that is only a problem if the other side is doing it!!
RonC
RonC
January 9th, 2014 at 9:11:40 AM permalink
"Wow, Christie wasted no time in throwing Kelly under the himself."

Dennis Miller
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 9th, 2014 at 8:28:31 PM permalink
You gotta love these Democrats like De Blasio who blast Christie, yet they proudly defended Obama during the IRS scandal.

De Blasio Says Christie’s Bridge Scandal ‘Raises Bigger Questions’ About His Leadership
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 9th, 2014 at 9:06:08 PM permalink
It's more of of the mayor of New York City blasting the governor's office of his neighboring state messing up the inbound side of the commute into his city. The Whitehouse likely was not responsible for the IRS scandal, while Christie's office was definitely in charge of screwing over Fort Lee. Unlike the IRS scandal, the actions of the governor's action affected residents of the mayor's city negatively directly. And yeah, someone died because of the traffic snarl.

I would hope that the reaction would have been the same from any mayor of New York.

And of course, Democrats are going to lash out to try to score political points, just like the Republicans do.

It's politics as usual.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 10th, 2014 at 1:19:35 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

And yeah, someone died because of the traffic snarl.

So this bothers libs, but 4 dead Americans (including a sitting ambassador) doesn't?? *facepalm*

The Whitehouse likely was not responsible for the IRS scandal

It's politics as usual

You're so right about that, yet you don't even know it. LOL!
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 10th, 2014 at 3:39:41 AM permalink

Unlike the IRS scandal, the actions of the governor's action affected residents of the mayor's city negatively directly. And yeah, someone died because of the traffic snarl.

First, the IRS "scandal" is about the IRS enforcing it's own rules which it actually didn't do. All of the teabag groups that applied for 501(c)(3) status got their 501(c)(3) status when they shouldn't have. It was the liberal groups that actually got denied their 501(c)(3) status. This is just a case of Congressman Grand Theft Auto looking for something, anything even tangentially related to the executive branch that he could then shake his fist in fury at. Darrell Issa need not be taken seriously.

Second, the lady who died, her daughter thinks it was her time and I believe her. Although it will be fun to see the campaign ads in the Republican primary accusing him of doing it, I don't think that Chris Christie murdered an elderly woman. Considering the Republican base, the ad should be very effective. Further, I think Maddow made a great observation last night. The retribution against Fort Lee wasn't about the lack of endorsement, it was about the New Jersey Supreme Court appointee that Christie yanked because he didn't want her to face a hearing in the Senate controlled by Democrats, the chairwoman of which represents Fort Lee. On August 12th, Christie called her an animal in a presser and then on the morning of August 13th, the email went out to Wildstein at the Port Authority from the girl in Christie's office telling him to make some traffic problems happen in Fort Lee. To which the reply was "Got It", not "What heck are you talking about". There was some pre-planning involved here.

Lawrence O'Donnell hit the nail on the head though. All that the girl in Christie's office has to say is three words and Christie's career is over. "The Governor Knew". The next few months should be a lot of fun.
RonC
RonC
January 10th, 2014 at 4:10:18 AM permalink
There is no way to defend the actions of Gov Christie's office and the matter deserves to be thoroughly investigated to see who knew what and when...if it leads to him (if he knew about it as it happened, approved of it in any way, or sought to cover it up), he should be tossed out of office and perhaps even prosecuted, should he have broken the law.

As far as the way he handles things and people in matters related to his office, I do expect there will be some scrutiny of how he talks about people no matter what the outcome of the investigation is. I don't think we need a "mean" President; we need one who can lead and get things done by bringing people together.

I do hope my friends on both sides of the spectrum (and in the middle!!) understand that the only honest way to handle situations like this is to hold off on judgement, have a proper investigation, and punish any wrongdoers. We're a long way from that standard right now and we accept it because we don't want "our side" to be hurt.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 10th, 2014 at 4:13:30 AM permalink

First, the IRS "scandal" is about the IRS enforcing it's own rules which it actually didn't do. All of the teabag groups that applied for 501(c)(3) status got their 501(c)(3) status when they shouldn't have. It was the liberal groups that actually got denied their 501(c)(3) status. This is just a case of Congressman Grand Theft Auto looking for something, anything even tangentially related to the executive branch that he could then shake his fist in fury at. Darrell Issa need not be taken seriously.

And the whole thing was because the Heritage Foundation wrote a piece suggesting 501(c)(3) groups I'll bet!
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 10th, 2014 at 4:23:00 AM permalink

And the whole thing was because the Heritage Foundation wrote a piece suggesting 501(c)(3) groups I'll bet!

That's a bet that you would lose. You should do some research before you post. Then people wouldn't think you to be the low information voter that you are.
terapined
terapined
January 10th, 2014 at 4:28:29 AM permalink
deleted.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 10th, 2014 at 4:41:56 AM permalink

Hmm, I see mr B9 is playing mr tangent. lol

Huh? Do you even know what you're talking about? Chris Christie is directly related to the thread, bro!

When a conservative gets caught in a scandal, the B9 playbook is go off on a tangent and tries to change the subject.
I predict the next B9 post will be a rant on Benghazi

Oh geez, is it really too sophisticated for you? FYI, it's called mocking liberal hypocrisy. Duh!

See, you're so defensive that you automatically assumed that I was defending Christie. I'm not. I can't stand the guy, but you can't even see that because you have the blinders on. Kinda like this guy:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 10th, 2014 at 6:08:24 AM permalink

That's a bet that you would lose. You should do some research before you post. Then people wouldn't think you to be the low information voter that you are.

Google "sarcasm" so you do not look like the low-information voter that you are.

<space here left for S2 to pull a Dan Rather and change my quote like he did before.>
RonC
RonC
January 10th, 2014 at 6:13:56 AM permalink

Google "sarcasm" so you do not look like the low-information voter that you are.

<space here left for S2 to pull a Dan Rather and change my quote like he did before.>

Changing a quote and attributing it to the member you are supposedly quoting without saying what you have done (at a minimum) should be grounds for a suspension.

Has that happened?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 10th, 2014 at 6:14:46 AM permalink
I feel like this could be just the tip of the iceberg with Chris Christie.

After all, in that Double Down book Mitt Romney's VP vetting team said if they were running against him he'd never be able to hold political office again with all the skeletons in his closet.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
  • Jump to: