Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 14th, 2013 at 9:02:16 AM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

I don't think there is too much to "get" here. Name calling is just that......name calling. Who cares? Why would you be offended?

Like I said, you don't get it. (You didn't read my previous posts about this)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 14th, 2013 at 9:11:00 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Quote: treetopbuddy

I don't think there is too much to "get" here. Name calling is just that......name calling. Who cares? Why would you be offended?

Like I said, you don't get it. (You didn't read my previous posts about this)

I don't get it also.
Many words have multiple meanings.
Take suck.
My Tampa Bay Bucs suck.
The main definition I am using is they are terrible.
A conservative fixated on gay culture could be picturing something else and be highly offended.

Too me the main definition always applies.
Tea Bag, put something in water, add "er", now a person that belongs to a political party.
I know you are offended with this conversion definition from object to person, but why?
If there are multiple definitions, the main one applies such as my "suck" example.
Or are you offended by "suck" also ?

When I add "er" to tea bag, a person belonging to a political party is the 1st and ONLY thing that comes to my mind. I picture a protester with tea bags hanging from a hat. What else is there to picture in my mind. Nothing else. My mind is a blank except for my initial thought.
I am fascinated, what is the 1st thing that comes to your mind?
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 14th, 2013 at 9:26:10 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Tea Bag, put something in water, add "er", now a person that belongs to a political party.

Or:

Someone that thinks putting teabags on their hat is going to magically help America.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 14th, 2013 at 9:27:47 AM permalink

A conservative fixated on gay culture could be picturing something else and be highly offended.

The only fixation is from liberals. Like the ones who base their presidential vote on gay marriage.

Many words have multiple meanings.

Absolutely correct. Like this word:

f*ggot n
1) a bundle of sticks or twigs, esp when bound together and used as fuel
2) (Engineering / Metallurgy) a bundle of iron bars, esp a box formed by four pieces of wrought iron and filled with scrap to be forged into wrought iron
3) (Cookery) a ball of chopped meat, usually pork liver, bound with herbs and bread and eaten fried
4) a bundle of anything

vb (tr)
1) to collect into a bundle or bundles
2) (Clothing, Personal Arts & Crafts / Knitting & Sewing) Needlework to do faggoting on (a garment, piece of cloth, etc.)

So if I shouldn't be offended by "teab*gger", then others shouldn't be offended by "f*ggot".
terapined
terapined
December 14th, 2013 at 9:31:20 AM permalink

So if I shouldn't be offended by "teab*gger", then others shouldn't be offended by "f*ggot".

Absolutely, If I was part of the tea bag party, I would be a proud member.
Why is being a member of this party an insult?

When I add er to Teabag, I picture the guy above, what are you thinking? What is there to think?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 14th, 2013 at 9:34:43 AM permalink

Absolutely...

So you're not offended by "f*ggot"? Cool.
terapined
terapined
December 14th, 2013 at 9:42:50 AM permalink

So you're not offended by "f*ggot"?? Cool.

Its an incredibly stupid word. You want to call me that word, that's fine. Using that word as an insult in my opinion actually hurts the speaker of that word.
Shows ignorance.

Teabag, and adding er, You can also call me that and my 1st thought is, I am not insulted, you must have seen me at the Paul Ryan rally in Oldsmar, I was there out of curiosity so you are mistaken, I don't belong to the tea party. I am not in the least offended. Mistaken identity, what else is there to think? No way offensive me.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 14th, 2013 at 9:44:03 AM permalink
"Teab*gger" is an incredibly stupid word. Using that word as an insult in my opinion actually hurts the speaker of that word. Shows ignorance.
terapined
terapined
December 14th, 2013 at 9:46:00 AM permalink

"Teab*gger" is an incredibly stupid word. Using that word as an insult in my opinion actually hurts the speaker of that word. Shows ignorance.

why?, what is wrong with belonging to a political party?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 14th, 2013 at 9:46:57 AM permalink
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why? What is wrong about a bundle of sticks or twigs when bound together as fuel?
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
December 14th, 2013 at 10:14:14 AM permalink

I picture the guy above

I'm not so sure that's a guy.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
December 14th, 2013 at 10:16:30 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I'm not so sure that's a guy.

That's Pat
Each day is better than the next
terapined
terapined
December 14th, 2013 at 10:17:32 AM permalink
Cmon, lets have some common sense here.

The Wiz, JB, Mission146 have a ton of common sense.
You have a ton of common sense.
Me, well mr space cadet has a bit of unusual sense.

You use that F word, not fire truck, the other one we were discussing, in a deragatory way, your defence is a bundle of sticks. Lol. You would be suspended.
Now tea bag with an er has been thrown around and is not suspendable.

cmon B9, Earth is calling, get out of that conservative twilight zone.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 14th, 2013 at 10:59:29 AM permalink

why?, what is wrong with belonging to a political party?

Perhaps because it makes no sense. The Tea Party refers to the Boston Tea Party. There was no such thing as a tea bag at that time. People who drink anything other than cheapo tea never use tea bags.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 14th, 2013 at 11:43:27 AM permalink

You use that F word, not fire truck, the other one we were discussing, in a deragatory way, your defence is a bundle of sticks. Lol.

Sure, why not? That's YOUR argument I'm applying. Glad to see that you find it so silly.

Now tea bag with an er has been thrown around and is not suspendable.

cmon B9, Earth is calling, get out of that conservative twilight zone.

OK, let's apply YOUR argument again.

Saying "Redskins" is not against the forum rules either, so it must not be offensive, right? So stop your silly crusade against the Washington Redskins.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 14th, 2013 at 11:49:23 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Perhaps because it makes no sense. The Tea Party refers to the Boston Tea Party. There was no such thing as a tea bag at that time. People who drink anything other than cheapo tea never use tea bags.

AZ and I make a good team. He destroys liberal arguments with logic and reason. I attempt to do the same thing by illustrating their absurdity. ;)
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 14th, 2013 at 12:02:53 PM permalink

I have to agree with B9 to a certain extent. I no longer put an "er" after teabag because its offensive to conservatives.
Why its offensive, I don't have the slightest clue. seems kind of odd. To me, adding "er" to a word usually changes that word to indicate a person, occupation or place of origin.
New York , New Yorker, Labor, laborer, moonshine, moonshiner
"er" is kind of neat. Huge in the game of scrabble.
Is Tea Bag the only word in the dictionary where the word is fine as it stands alone, but you put an "er" on the end and it becomes offensive?
What an unusual word in the dictionary that has this attribute.
By the way I don't use the word tea bag with an "er" at the end but WHY IS THIS OFFENSIVE?
Too me adding "er" to Tea Bag meets the person conversion definition, something you put in a tea cup to a member of a political party.

Christ all Friday. Time to clear up the confusion and absurdity.

Tea bag - v - (profane): 1. To place one's scrotum into the mouth of another, allowing the other to suckle upon it.
2. Squatting over a fallen opponent, especially in video games, to mimic placing your scrotum in his face as a sign of dominance.

Not sure why everyone thinks this is "ghey"; it's not exactly limited to man on man contact. But,... there you have it. Someone had to say it =p

Many people, myself and terapined for two, use "teabagger" innocently. Just slang for one who subscribes to the Tea Party. The Tea Party themselves started it, dropping it after the negative connotations were made known. Others, especially those who passionately oppose it, use it as an insult, relying on its profane definition to bother conservative persons.

Context, people.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
December 14th, 2013 at 12:13:40 PM permalink
Soon it won't matter. The Speaker of the House just threw the teabags under the bus for the good of the country and he rightfully should be commended for it.
terapined
terapined
December 14th, 2013 at 1:00:34 PM permalink

Sure, why not? That's YOUR argument I'm applying. Glad to see that you find it so silly.

OK, let's apply YOUR argument again.

Saying "Redskins" is not against the forum rules either, so it must not be offensive, right? So stop your silly crusade against the Washington Redskins.

Cmon, I wear a white hat. By the way , thanks Face, now its all crystal clear. Hmm, maybe a little too crystal clear, yech.
See B9, I now completely get it. And before I got it (thanks again face, I think) I refused to use the offensive term tea bag with an "er" on the end.
I'm on the good guy team:-). As soon as it was made clear it was offensive to you, I refused to use it. I simply questioned the definition. I'm old school, 55, I don't know the latest in video game humiliation.
The forum rules I used was to bolster an argument, it in no way has any influence on my language simply because I don't like to offend.
If you educate me on a word you consider if offensive, I'll stop using it. I may question it, but in no way will I use the offensive term. This is one area where you and me are different.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 15th, 2013 at 5:45:58 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Soon it won't matter. The Speaker of the House just threw the teabags under the bus for the good of the country and he rightfully should be commended for it.

For the good of what country? China? Since when is spending ourselves to bankruptcy "good?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 15th, 2013 at 1:47:30 PM permalink

Why are people who preach tolerance the least tolerant?

I love Gutfeld, his brain is the quickest on TV.
He see's 4 sides of everything instantly and
comes up with the best ad libs in the industry.

I wish I could find the pic of Gutfeld standing
next to Penn Jillette. The top of his head is
barely above Jillette's belt.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 15th, 2013 at 2:02:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I love Gutfeld, his brain is the quickest on TV.
He see's 4 sides of everything instantly and
comes up with the best ad libs in the industry.

I really wish Fox News would enter the Late Night wars and give him his own talk show to compete against Jon Stewart, David Letterman, etc. I bet he'd give those guys a run for their money. He's an underused talent.
terapined
terapined
December 15th, 2013 at 2:16:34 PM permalink

I really wish Fox News would enter the Late Night wars and give him his own talk show to compete against Jon Stewart, David Letterman, etc. I bet he'd give those guys a run for their money. He's an underused talent.

Ok, I finally went back to page 44 to watch the short video clip you posted.
Hmm, Its real apparent why Fox news would not enter the late night wars with this gang.
I was very unimpressed. How hard is it to make fun of Katy Perry. She's a goofball.
Ben Affleck, good director, good actor, could care less about his political views.

You post some good videos B9, this one was the weakest.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 15th, 2013 at 2:20:19 PM permalink

Can't happen. From 11pm to 2am Fox reruns it's
prime time shows for the west coast viewers. Thats'
why RedEye is on so late. Bill Shultz just left in Nov,
who knows how long it will last without him. He
was the shows head writer, along with Greg. BTW,
it's filmed at 4pm, and Gutfeld goes from there to
the set of The Five.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 15th, 2013 at 3:54:24 PM permalink

Can't happen. From 11pm to 2am Fox reruns it's
prime time shows for the west coast viewers. Thats'
why RedEye is on so late.

They could tinker with the schedule in each time zone. It would be a pain, but they could do it if they really wanted to. Doubt it's ever gonna happen though, which is too bad because I'd love to see Gutfeld in front of a live audience. A talk show with him would pwn The Daily Show.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 15th, 2013 at 3:58:33 PM permalink

I was very unimpressed...

You post some good videos B9, this one was the weakest.

LOL...how come I'm not surprised. I mean, you're a cool guy and all, but c'mon man. :) You're not exactly unbiased when it comes to these type of things! :D
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 15th, 2013 at 4:34:51 PM permalink

Hmm, Its real apparent why Fox news would not enter the late night wars with this gang.

The show has different guests every day. That's OK,
it's only for people who are hip to current events.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 16th, 2013 at 1:43:27 AM permalink
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
December 16th, 2013 at 3:17:30 AM permalink

The show has different guests every day. That's OK,
it's only for people who are hip to current events.

..and people who still use the word hip.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 16th, 2013 at 1:47:44 PM permalink
Camille Paglia: It’s a Man’s World, And It Always Will Be

Camille Paglia is one of the few intellectually honest liberals out there.

This is unrelated to the above article, but it's brilliant commentary by Stephen A. Smith about black conservatives:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 7:52:27 AM permalink
Utah Polygamy Court Ruling On 'Sister Wives' Case Confirms Fears Of Social Conservatives

Maybe all of the intellectually dishonest gay marriage supporters will now get off their high horses.
terapined
terapined
December 17th, 2013 at 9:40:25 AM permalink

Utah Polygamy Court Ruling On 'Sister Wives' Case Confirms Fears Of Social Conservatives

Maybe all of the intellectually dishonest gay marriage supporters will now get off their high horses.

I read the article.
I dont believe I am intellectualy dishonest.
I dont ride high on the horse, actually I'd rather walk or ride my bicycle.
I still support gay marraige. I am still against polygamy.
Call me dishonest, call me a high rider(I may be high once in a while) but would rather be a low rider.
My views remain. for gay marraige and against polygamy. Ok, being honest. Now awaiting attacks.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 17th, 2013 at 9:42:36 AM permalink

I read the article.
I dont believe I am intellectualy dishonest.
I dont ride high on the horse, actually I'd rather walk or ride my bicycle.
Call me dishonest, call me a high rider(I may be high once in a while) but would rather be a low rider.
My views remain. for gay marraige and against polygamy. Ok, being honest. Now awaiting attacks.

I'm for riding horses. Better than an electric car, and when it breaks down, you get new boots and a dinner.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 9:53:25 AM permalink

Why do you discriminate against the Brown family? (They're the family in the article) They are consenting adults, and they all love each other. You sound pretty judgmental to deny equal rights to people who love each other deeply.

I thought you supported equal rights for all? Guess not.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
December 17th, 2013 at 9:59:20 AM permalink
I'm not certain what striking down the last of the 50 state's cohabitation laws has to do with gay marriage in a state that forbids gay marriage.
terapined
terapined
December 17th, 2013 at 10:06:39 AM permalink

I thought you supported equal rights for all? Guess not.

I have federal rights, they have federal ights. We both have federal rights in this country. We have the same federal rights.
What federal right do I have that I am denying them?
They have the same federal rights I have. I have the same federal rights they have.
I totally support them having any federal rights I enjoy.

I read alot of stories of the "Lost Boys"
Polygamy communities must kick out many males at a young age to survive. Pretty sad.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 10:16:26 AM permalink

I have federal rights, they have federal ights. We both have federal rights in this country. We have the same federal rights.
What federal right do I have that I am denying them?

MARRIAGE rights. Duh.

I totally support them having any federal rights I enjoy.

No, you don't. You just said in your last post that you want to deny them the same marriage rights that you support for gay people. Isn't that kinda bigoted?

Polygamy communities must kick out many males at a young age to survive. Pretty sad.

I'm not talking about them. I'm talking specifically about the Brown family.

The Browns are consenting adults who love each other deeply. I thought you supported marriage rights for people who are deeply in love? Guess not. You seem to think that only gays deserve equal rights and no one else.
terapined
terapined
December 17th, 2013 at 10:20:25 AM permalink
If Mr Brown wants to marry a guy, he has my total support.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 10:25:10 AM permalink

If Mr Brown wants to marry a guy, he has my total support.

...but if he and his wives (who are all consenting adults & love each other deeply) want the same marriage rights as gay people, then you don't support equal rights anymore?

I get it now. Guess you only support marriage equality for some, but NOT for all. Hypocrisy at its finest.
terapined
terapined
December 17th, 2013 at 10:32:00 AM permalink

...but if he and his wives (who are all consenting adults & love each other deeply) want the same marriage rights as gay people, then you don't support equal rights anymore?

I get it now. Guess you only support marriage equality for some, but NOT for all. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I support 1 on 1 marraige regardless of race or gender.

I dont support polygamy.

I dont believe I am a bigot or hypocrit.
If in your eyes, if I am a hypocrit and a bigot, then that is what I am in your eyes. Why argue what you percieve of me.
Happy?

On a seperate note, are you the chess guy or was that AZ?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 10:40:36 AM permalink

Wow, that pretty bigoted. So you admit that you don't support marriage equality for ALL??? Only for gay people, right?

On a seperate note, are you the chess guy or was that AZ?

teliot is/was the chess expert. I've played in the past though and have posted about it.

*Still amazed that you don't support marriage equality for the Browns. They are consenting adults who are hurting nobody, and they love each other deeply. Why you want to deny them their civil rights is beyond me. Man, terapined opposes civil rights. *blown away*
terapined
terapined
December 17th, 2013 at 10:45:59 AM permalink

Wow, that pretty bigoted. So you admit that you don't support marriage equality for ALL??? Only for gay people, right?

teliot is/was the chess expert. I've played in the past though and have posted about it.

*Still blown away that you don't support marriage equality for the Browns. They are consenting adults who are hurting nobody, and they love each other deeply. Why you want to deny them their civil rights is beyond me...

Hey B9
Bigot central here :-)
I love chess. I not very good but I love to play.
Played a ton during the famous tournament in Iceland between Boris and Bobby.
How about a game a of chess Saturday, The D 3pm :-) I swear I will not act like the bigot you perceive me to be.
I am actually super polite in person, its that chinesse blood in me :-)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 10:56:06 AM permalink

I love chess. I not very good but I love to play.
Played a ton during the famous tournament in Iceland between Boris and Bobby.
How about a game a of chess Saturday, The D 3pm :-)

Ah, changing the subject! That must mean I win. ;) *thumbs up*

I'll play you a game online if you want. I won't be at the Mission Challenge though because I'll be in a sour mood if I end up losing $100. And I don't want to piss off anymore people since I have a feeling that many members already have me blocked. LOL!

I am actually super polite in person, its that chinesse blood in me :-)

So are you Chinese, or are you black? Not that it matters, but you've claimed to be both on different occasions.
terapined
terapined
December 17th, 2013 at 11:12:59 AM permalink

Ah, changing the subject! That must mean I win. ;) *thumbs up*

I'll play you a game online if you want. I won't be at the Mission Challenge though because I'll be in a sour mood if I end up losing $100. And I don't want to piss off anymore people since I have a feeling that many members already have me blocked. LOL!

So are you Chinese, or are you black? Not that it matters, but you've claimed to be both on different occasions.

My father was Irish American white, born and raised in upstate New York
My mother was taiwaneese, born and raised in Taiwan
I am bi-racial.

I still want to play chess with you in person regardless of your mood.
Cmon, everybody understands, the internet gets nasty, thats the nature of it.
I'm sure if you show up, WE will all have a good time together.
If you still cant, I understand. I just love playing chess live. And I dont mind losing:-)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 12:02:31 PM permalink

My father was Irish American white, born and raised in upstate New York
My mother was taiwaneese, born and raised in Taiwan
I am bi-racial.

I could have sworn that you said you were black a while ago? Oh well, doesn't matter though. *shrug*

I still want to play chess with you in person regardless of your mood.
Cmon, everybody understands, the internet gets nasty, thats the nature of it.

No, it's not the internet or anybody else. It's me. I hate losing bets.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 17th, 2013 at 12:07:22 PM permalink

No, it's not the internet or anybody else. It's me. I hate losing bets.

Are you conceding? I will let you out of the bet for $20. Lol
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 17th, 2013 at 12:13:31 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Are you conceding? I will let you out of the bet for $20. Lol

No, no, no.....not at all. lol! :D

I just have to be prepared, just in case of a loss. Can't get cocky like at last year's Super Bowl. I was SURE the Niners would cover, but I ended up getting a rude awakening!
terapined
terapined
December 17th, 2013 at 12:57:24 PM permalink

I could have sworn that you said you were black a while ago? Oh well, doesn't matter though. *shrug*

There was a conversation awile ago on the infamous N word.

I posted something regarding the use of the N word and some may have misintreperted.
I asked how much black blood do you need to be able to use the N work safely among blacks.
I asked if you were 50 percent, is it OK.
Is it ok of you have 10 percent black blood, to use the N word.

The post went something like that. Then I mentioned I was bi-racial. I am simply interested in bi-racial blacks and what words they are allowed to use since I am bi-racial too, just not black bi-racial.

You will be in a great mood because wou will be a winner. I really doubt I can beat you in chess. I simply like to play.
Thats why I go to vegas, I dont like to gamble but I love to play games, therefore, a lowroller so I can play all the games cheaply.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 17th, 2013 at 1:16:24 PM permalink

I dont support polygamy.

I dont believe I am a bigot or hypocrit.

How can you say that when you do not support the right of someone to marry the person they want to marry?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 17th, 2013 at 1:38:58 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

How can you say that when you do not support the right of someone to marry the person they want to marry?

I think terapined should reconsider. You have trailer trash getting married, serial murderers, the Kardashiians, welfare moms who may never hold a job, the Kardashians, (did I mention them). They all have questionable effects on the sanctity of marriage and possibly even harm to society.

As long as it's consenting ADULTS. Kids still can't consent as adults, and I think someone needs to prove animals can reason well enough to understand marriage before you can claim consent for them, so those two are still out. But the polygamists, I'm not sure why not as long as they don't marry children. They probably bring no more collective harm than many other people unfit to do much but breathe.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
  • Jump to: