Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 6th, 2012 at 9:54:17 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The panthers have a strong résumé there as well. Nots sure why you seem to be defending them.

I'm not defending either group. I just don't think many (non-FOX News viewers) would consider them to be comparable on the violence scale.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
November 6th, 2012 at 9:55:50 AM permalink
Racism sucks. Unfortunately we seem to be seeing more of it under the current president. It's because he has intentionally created an atmosphere of class warfare and hatred among the ignorant. This is why such violent and hateful groups like the Black Panthers show up at the polls. This is just another reason why we need a republican in the White House. A republican can help bridge the racial divide, rather than exploiting it.
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 9:58:16 AM permalink
"Vote for the white guy so the angry white men can calm down!"
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 10:03:23 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

That was just to rile you guys up a bit.

But on a serious note, you think Republicans and MITT ROMNEY can bridge the racial divide in this country!?!?!

Romney, who's campaign created blatantly false racially tinged ads about Obama's welfare policies.

Romney, who took Newt Gingrich's advice and campaigned on Obama being the "food stamp president."

No, Romney is not the one to bridge the racial divide in this country. They're a part of the 47% to him.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 6th, 2012 at 10:03:56 AM permalink

Just as stupid as "vote for the black guy so there are no protests!"

Hmmm...

Vote for who you think will make the best President. If you vote for ANYONE because of color, you are a racist.

Okay...KKK v. Black Panthers

KKK = worst of the two, of course. By a long distance.

BP = history of violence and they use intimidation (shotguns, bats, etc.) to keep people in line.

Saying that BP are okay because KKK is worse is yet another absurd statement. Neither is good; one is worse.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
November 6th, 2012 at 10:05:58 AM permalink
Oh My God!! He's opening doors for voters!! The HORROR!!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 10:07:31 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Saying that BP are okay because KKK is worse is yet another absurd statement. Neither is good; one is worse.

Let me know when someone here says the BP are okay.

It was just stupid of the other poster here to analogize a BP member standing outside a polling place to a KKK member doing so.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 6th, 2012 at 10:15:40 AM permalink
This thread is going to be a disaster tonight. I predict EvenBob and Keyser will be MIA. AZDuffman will be a gracious loser.

Note, I don't give a fuck who wins (voted for Gary Johnson), but the smart money is on Obama.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 6th, 2012 at 10:17:20 AM permalink
" A republican can help bridge the racial divide, rather than exploiting it. " Just stating you see a divide speaks volumes.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 6th, 2012 at 10:17:24 AM permalink
Quote: oscar33

Currently at Pinnacle:

Obama -361

Romney +314

I think the Obama camp is going to be all right, Bob. But thanks for your concern.

Oscar

Kind of like the Giants at 20-1 after going down 3 to 1 against the Cards.
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2012 at 10:18:26 AM permalink

Let me know when someone here says the BP are okay.

It was just stupid of the other poster here to analogize a BP member standing outside a polling place to a KKK member doing so.

A BP stands outside the polling area with a stick or bat...is he there to intimidate the voters into a certain action? Oh, crap, he is okay because he opened the door for one person while intimidating another.

If a member of the KKK did the same exact thing, it would be just as wrong.

Yes, the KKK has a much more horrid record than the BP. They are both TERRORIST groups--they seek to terrorize people and get them to think their way.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 10:26:01 AM permalink

A BP stands outside the polling area with a stick or bat...is he there to intimidate the voters into a certain action? Oh, crap, he is okay because he opened the door for one person while intimidating another.

If a member of the KKK did the same exact thing, it would be just as wrong.

Yes, the KKK has a much more horrid record than the BP. They are both TERRORIST groups--they seek to terrorize people and get them to think their way.

I seemed to miss the news reports where the BP were lynching white males.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 6th, 2012 at 10:26:57 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I seemed to miss the news reports where the BP were lynching white males.

Wait until one tries to vote in that precinct...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 10:29:54 AM permalink

Who did he intimidate? Who didn't vote because of him? You know if there were people who got scared off by the BP FOX News would be interviewing them nonstop all night if this were the case.

I'm not saying he should be there. I'm just saying that FOX always overemphasizes this shit to rile up their all-white, all-angry viewers.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 10:31:48 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Wait until one tries to vote in that precinct...

You sure have a low opinion of white males. Maybe sissies should not vote.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 6th, 2012 at 10:41:59 AM permalink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IE-utC68l2I

So funny!
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Keyser
Keyser
November 6th, 2012 at 11:14:51 AM permalink
That was fantastic!
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
November 6th, 2012 at 11:25:57 AM permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IE-utC68l2I

So funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TiXUF9xbTo
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
November 6th, 2012 at 11:30:07 AM permalink

That was just to rile you guys up a bit.

But on a serious note, you think Republicans and MITT ROMNEY can bridge the racial divide in this country!?!?!

Romney, who's campaign created blatantly false racially tinged ads about Obama's welfare policies.

Romney, who took Newt Gingrich's advice and campaigned on Obama being the "food stamp president."

No, Romney is not the one to bridge the racial divide in this country. They're a part of the 47% to him.

What did Romney do that was racally tinged?

Did he nominate a SCOTUS Justice who blatantly was in favor of passing over candidates who tested better just because of skin color?
Did he take racial sides against a cop who arrested a guy who refused to show he was the owner of a house that looked like it was being broken into?
Did his VP candidate inply slavery will be brought back?

Hmmmm?

Obama IS a food stamp POTUS, record numbes on food stamps, what does race have to do with that?

The poster is correct, it will take a GOP candidate to bridge the racial gap as Democrats are too tied up in preferences based on skin color and dividing people along any racial line possible.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 6th, 2012 at 12:22:28 PM permalink

Tomorrow is going to be so much fun. Good times :)
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
November 6th, 2012 at 12:22:43 PM permalink

What did Romney do that was racally tinged?

Did he nominate a SCOTUS Justice who blatantly was in favor of passing over candidates who tested better just because of skin color?
Did he take racial sides against a cop who arrested a guy who refused to show he was the owner of a house that looked like it was being broken into?
Did his VP candidate inply slavery will be brought back?

Hmmmm?

Obama IS a food stamp POTUS, record numbes on food stamps, what does race have to do with that?

The poster is correct, it will take a GOP candidate to bridge the racial gap as Democrats are too tied up in preferences based on skin color and dividing people along any racial line possible.

Because they see them as needy and able to be manipulated into thinking they will help them more, instead of looking at them like they are...Americans who can make choices about how their lives turns out.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
November 6th, 2012 at 12:37:19 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

AZDuffman will be a gracious loser.

Doubt it. He's the only one of them so far who's essentially said "if Obama wins, it was fixed."

Just as stupid as "vote for the black guy so there are no protests!"

...and who the hell said that manifestly stupid thing? As far as I can tell, the only people concerned about "certain people" rioting wouldn't vote for Obama if he'd single-handedly talked North Korea into surrender.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
November 6th, 2012 at 12:43:24 PM permalink

If I hear any major GOP candidate stressing they are going to help bridge racial divides, I'll fall out of my chair.

As noted here, the main interest seems to be "will the blacks riot".
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 6th, 2012 at 12:53:25 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

wouldn't vote for Obama if he'd single-handedly talked North Korea into surrender.

OMG. Talk? To THEM? What a pansy-ass.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
November 6th, 2012 at 1:05:04 PM permalink
Nice of FOX to run this statement as a public service

SUSPECT VOTING SHENANIGANS? SEND TIPS TO NEWSMANAGER@FOXNEWS.COM

Not sure if this was posted -- but it's the only actual official information released (AFAIK) , for early voting.

Quote:

Colorado
Votes: 1.6 million
Democrats: 35 percent
Republicans: 37 percent

Florida
Votes: 4.3 million
Democrats: 43 percent
Republicans: 40 percent

Iowa
Votes: 614,000
Democrats: 43 percent
Republicans: 32 percent

Nevada
Votes: 702,000
Democrats: 44 percent
Republicans: 37 percent

North Carolina
Votes: 2.7 million
Democrats: 48 percent
Republicans: 32 percent

Ohio
Votes: 1.6 million
Democrats: 29 percent
Republicans: 23 percent

Oh there's more states to list, but those are the more interesting ones.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2012 at 1:44:20 PM permalink

Doubt it. He's the only one of them so far who's essentially said "if Obama wins, it was fixed."

...and who the hell said that manifestly stupid thing? As far as I can tell, the only people concerned about "certain people" rioting wouldn't vote for Obama if he'd single-handedly talked North Korea into surrender.

If Romney does win, we just gone assassinate him & f-kboy Ryan.” – @AlmaBellaAbriel

“I promise I will assassinate Romney.” – @PaoloNona21

“If Romney win, ima assassinate that mf my damn self !” – @__Locc

“I would personally assassinate Mitt Romney if he wins…but I think Al Qaeda will beat me to it!” – @ShannoRFoster

“If Romney get elected , we got till January to Assassinate him *shrugs* lol” –@MrConsistent11

“So which one of us wants to assassinate romney if he wins? (which he won’t but we must be cautious)” – @violetlikecats

“Can someone just assassinate Romney please.” – @amish1979

“I am going to assassinate Mitt Romney.” – @AdventureJosh_

Other users have expressed fantasies of shooting the Republican candidate, as well as his supporters. Twitchy collected many of these. Here are a few.

“If Hitler, Romney, and myself were locked in a room and I had a gun with 2 bullets, I'd shoot Romney twice.” – @KelseyGeorge23

“Goin buy a gun tommorow Cus if Romney win I ain't goin out without a fight” – @D_kushkid

“This nigga said he voting for Romney *cocks gun* lmao” – @i_SlapSluts

“Who's voting for Romney? ... *Cocks gun *Looks around” – @_camillexoxo

“Who's voting for Romney? ... *Cocks gun.” – @imari__

“Food stamps are such a beautiful thing. Romney better hope he lose tomorrow , I cock my gun on his ass he take MY food stamps away lol” – @_MaliksWright

“I seen a suburban that had Romney 2012 , wrote in the windows .. only if i had a gun at the time -_____-“ – @datDAMN_TB

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-supporters-spend-election-day-continuing-calls-for-riots-and-assassination
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2012 at 1:47:55 PM permalink
No, we shouldn't be concerned with any voting irregularities on either side...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/election-judge-wears-obama-cap-while-checking-voters-obamas-chicago-ward_661843.html
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 6th, 2012 at 1:54:15 PM permalink
I kind of wonder if there's a showdown coming for twitter. They've created a platform where people are able to anonymously trade dangerous, idiotic, and illegal ideas. If Limewire was shut down for facilitating but not regulating file sharing, it's hard to see how twitter can continue to allow it's users to behave in this manner without the fear of rebuke for facilitating what appears to be multiple federal crimes.

I notice that all these are about Romney. Are there 0 threats against Obama?
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2012 at 1:58:48 PM permalink

I kind of wonder if there's a showdown coming for twitter. They've created a platform where people are able to anonymously trade dangerous, idiotic, and illegal ideas. If Limewire was shut down for facilitating but not regulating file sharing, it's hard to see how twitter can continue to allow it's users to behave in this manner without the fear of rebuke for facilitating what appears to be multiple federal crimes.

I notice that all these are about Romney. Are there 0 threats against Obama?

I'm betting there are some threats about Obama...people make stupid threats all the time. The search I diud showed about a 10-1 ratio of web articles about the threats against Romney vs. Obama. All of them are done by idiots.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 6th, 2012 at 1:59:13 PM permalink
There was a black guy named Barry helping people out at the ballot drop-box* just now. Can't make this shit up!

*My state is 100% vote by mail, but they have drop-boxes where you can take your completed ballot to save the hassle of stamping it and having the post office potentially lose it.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 2:08:40 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

There was a black guy named Barry helping people out at the ballot drop-box* just now. Can't make this shit up!

*My state is 100% vote by mail, but they have drop-boxes where you can take your completed ballot to save the hassle of stamping it and having the post office potentially lose it.

Aint technology wonderful. Voting on your BlackBarry. WOW !
Keyser
Keyser
November 6th, 2012 at 2:12:30 PM permalink
Here's a fact that many people probably already know: Republican women are hotter! Seriously, if you put them side by side, men prefer a republican women.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 2:15:04 PM permalink
Only if you want to hold a conversation, instead of focusing on getting laid !
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 6th, 2012 at 2:16:15 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

men prefer a republican women.

Well, duh! It's hard to find new ways to corrupt liberal women.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 2:17:19 PM permalink
Corruption or seduction, the only difference is in the spelling.
bigpete88
bigpete88
November 6th, 2012 at 2:31:40 PM permalink
2012 US Presidential Election
Tue 11/6 1001 Barack Obama wins 2012 election -550
10:00AM 1002 Mitt Romney wins 2012 election +425

5dimes now.........for all you Romney fans. Get your bets in.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 241
November 6th, 2012 at 2:43:12 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If I hear any major GOP candidate stressing they are going to help bridge racial divides, I'll fall out of my chair.

As noted here, the main interest seems to be "will the blacks riot".

The more government tries to bridge this divide the worse results we get. Good for the GOP to realize this is not be governments job.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2012 at 2:54:11 PM permalink
EXITS: Obama has 190 electoral votes and Romney has 191 locked...

EXIT POLLS: RACE TIGHT
R: NC, FL
O: OH, NH, PA, MI, NV
TOSS UP: VA, CO, IA

http://drudgereport.com/
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 6th, 2012 at 3:17:17 PM permalink
This just in: David Gergen of CNN, who has worked for both republican and democratic presidents just announced some exit poll results that the non-white vote appears to be running just slightly ahead of the 26% of the total vote that it was in 2008. This is huge for the president. The republican pollsters Rove, Dick Morris and Rasmussen have been projecting the non-white vote to be closer to 20% that it was in the 2010 mid-term elections. I have been saying for a while that their model of comparing a mid-term election to a presidential election is flawed. If this number ends up at or near what the exit poll is saying, this will almost certainly result in a big win for Obama.
24Bingo
24Bingo
November 6th, 2012 at 3:43:04 PM permalink

EXITS: Obama has 190 electoral votes and Romney has 191 locked...

EXIT POLLS: RACE TIGHT
R: NC, FL
O: OH, NH, PA, MI, NV
TOSS UP: VA, CO, IA

http://drudgereport.com/

Wait, what do you mean by locked? Because the states you're listing there only add up to 136 votes, not 538-381 = 157. Where are the 11 votes you're not counting for Obama.

In any case, Drudge's analysis adds up to 275-235. If exit polls conducted at this hour are to be trusted (they aren't), it's over tossups or no.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
oscar33
oscar33
  • Threads: 10
November 6th, 2012 at 3:50:09 PM permalink
Is Bob even going to show up today? That was going to be the fun part.

Oscar
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 6th, 2012 at 3:52:34 PM permalink
A Romney campaign staffer has stated that late last week Romney campaign internal polls showed more than a 5 point lead for President Obama in Ohio. No real surprise there, but that would explain Romneys last ditch effort to put Pennsylvania in play. If they suspected they would lose Ohio, they would need to make up those electoral votes somewhere.

In watching all the news channels, everything seems to be pointing towards Obama at the moment. BUT, there is only one 'poll' that matters. If I am not mistaken, signs and exit polls were pointing towards a Kerry win in 2004 and that didn't work out.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 6th, 2012 at 4:07:10 PM permalink
Romney is WINNING 19 to 3

fun times :)
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2012 at 4:07:12 PM permalink

Wait, what do you mean by locked? Because the states you're listing there only add up to 136 votes, not 538-381 = 157. Where are the 11 votes you're not counting for Obama.

In any case, Drudge's analysis adds up to 275-235. If exit polls conducted at this hour are to be trusted (they aren't), it's over tossups or no.

This is just what Drudge had at the moment...no input from anything else...
bigpete88
bigpete88
November 6th, 2012 at 4:18:23 PM permalink
Obama is going to win

1. Wisconsin 10 Electoral Votes
2. Ohio 18
3. Nevada 6

The states predicted for Obama to win already add up to 237. Add up the above 3 and that is 271. Winner. I have CBS news on now.

Those figures do not include 5 other states that might go to Obama like Florida and Virginia.

If you want Romney to win, watch Fox news and get disappointed later.

I do not like either candidate for certain reasons so do not kill the messenger.
24Bingo
24Bingo
November 6th, 2012 at 4:20:28 PM permalink
Chasing Pennsylvania was a ridiculous idea anyway.

When the Eastern states are called as they most likely will be (NC and Florida for Romney, every other contested state for Obama), the media will keep trying to play it up, but it will be over. Wisconsin's not in play, not really, and after that every single state would have to go Romney for a win. An upset in Romney's favor will worry me, but if there aren't any, it's over in my mind at 8:30.
bigpete88
bigpete88
November 6th, 2012 at 4:24:51 PM permalink

Chasing Pennsylvania was a ridiculous idea anyway.

When the Eastern states are called as they most likely will be (NC and Florida for Romney, every other contested state for Obama), the media will keep trying to play it up, but it will be over. Wisconsin's not in play, not really, and after that every single state would have to go Romney for a win. An upset in Romney's favor will worry me, but if there aren't any, it's over in my mind at 8:30.

That is a good point about the media. Who would watch if they thought it was over. Keep it tight and keep the viewers. Once the election is over, I will watch the Okl. NBA Over at 197...ha ha ha

My bet on Obama is 10x the NBA bet
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 6th, 2012 at 4:30:06 PM permalink
This could be over early. Virginia is going in Obama's direction and there's still people waiting to vote in Obama strongholds.
bigpete88
bigpete88
November 6th, 2012 at 4:32:41 PM permalink
I live in Florida and want Obama to win as I bet on him but I think Romney takes Florida
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 6th, 2012 at 4:37:26 PM permalink
Romney is crushing Obama 33 to 3. Romney is over 10% of the way there and Obama has barely left the starting line.

(have to give Bob and Az some hope)
  • Jump to: