Thread Rating:

Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 5th, 2012 at 1:59:51 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Numerous indicators show that it's a very real possibility.

I can't wait to see just ONE valid indicator.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
November 5th, 2012 at 2:01:35 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

What is really troubling to me, is the 2 polls released. Likely voters: Romney 49-48. Registered voters Obama 49-46. Why do I get the feeling that no matter who wins they will point to their final poll and claim to have gotten it right. lol I think this organization has lost credibility of late.

All they'll point to is the LV poll. The community won't let them get away with anything else, and Gallup knows not to try it.

Polling is a maddening pursuit (there's a reason I talk about it instead of doing it). After all this BSing for MONTHS, think of how easy this would be to fake. Yep, I totally just talked to 750 likely voters. Looks like it's going to be 49%-49%, +-4%. Oh, and I'm only 95% sure that's right.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
November 5th, 2012 at 2:02:13 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Obama Supporters Continue Threats To Riot, Assassinate Romney

Ok, here you go. :)

Secret Service attention fails to dampen violent Twitter comments

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 23, 2012

Despite the issue garnering a significant amount of media interest as well as the attention of the Secret Service, Obama supporters continued their threats to riot and assassinate Mitt Romney if Obama loses in the aftermath of last night’s presidential debate.

As we reported last week, Twitter has been flooded recently with violent comments from Obama supporters. The increase in volume of the comments seemed to coincide with Romney’s poll numbers edging higher against Obama.

Not only have Obama voters been making open threats that they will riot and cause mayhem, they have also been caught making direct threats to assassinate Mitt Romney, prompting the Secret Service to announce that it was “aware” of the threats and would “conduct appropriate follow up if necessary.”

Despite the fact that the media reported extensively on threats made against Obama prior to the 2008 election, their silence on the threats made against Romney has been deafening. Indeed, the act of a few old guys hanging up empty chairs in reference to Clint Eastwood’s RNC speech garnered substantially more coverage and concern from the press compared to hundreds if not thousands of tweets threatening violence against Mitt Romney.

Americans who simply display political signs expressing opposition to Obama’s policies have been treated as potential violent threats by authorities in the past, and yet not a single Twitter user has faced retribution for making direct and sometimes graphic death threats against Romney.

Leftists routinely cry foul and attempt to demonize conservatives as violent extremists whenever online rhetoric gets heated, and yet when their own engage in even worse conduct, their behavior is absolved and the media is disinterested.

Before the Secret Service announced they were investigating the threats, Obama front group Think Progress attempted to imply that the whole story was somehow a racist contrivance dreamed up by the Drudge Report and Infowars.

Here are just a selection of tweets from Obama supporters threatening riots and violence during and after last night’s foreign policy debate. There are too many to reprint in full.

If the Secret Service does plan on following this up, they are going to be very busy indeed.

You can read more here. Including the tweets. http://www.infowars.com/obama-supporters-continue-threats-to-riot-assassinate-romney/
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 2:05:28 PM permalink
infowars.com ROFLMAO Was the KKK site down ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 5th, 2012 at 2:06:38 PM permalink

infowars.com ROFLMAO Was the KKK site down ?

They aren't the same thing??
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Keyser
Keyser
November 5th, 2012 at 2:06:43 PM permalink
http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-supporters-we-will-riot-if-obama-loses/

Here's some more for you. :) You have to understand that many of these people simply are NOT rational.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio&feature=player_embedded

They may become violent if they think that their "stash" is jeopardized.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 5th, 2012 at 2:09:08 PM permalink

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-supporters-we-will-riot-if-obama-loses/

Here's some more for you. :)

"it's all over the news, but it's not getting a lot of national attention."

Or local attention. Or coverage at all. By anything other than right wing blogs and scraping services that scour right wing blogs. Hmmmm....
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 2:10:38 PM permalink
Riot Police Shield Obama From Tea-party Grandmas This too from Western Journalism. Surely you jest !

And You Tube, what could be more valid LOL Just remember, if Obama wins, add another layer of aluminum foil to
your triangular shaped hat !
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 5th, 2012 at 2:13:19 PM permalink
I was wrong, Gallup just released their final word:

"Gallup's final allocated estimate of the race is 50% for Romney and 49% for Obama."
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 2:14:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I was wrong, Gallup just released their final word:

"Gallup's final allocated estimate of the race is 50% for Romney and 49% for Obama."

Bob No need to admit when you are wrong. We just factor that in on all your posts.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 5th, 2012 at 6:35:08 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Gee--maybe you need to have Toby Keith and a keg of PBR at every polling station to get the trailer parks to vote, as long as we're being stereotypical.

HEY!!!!!

I like Toby Keith and PBR! In fact, Toby Keith is one of only four country singers I do like.

EvenBob, yes they still make PBR, bought a 12-Pack yesterday, in fact. I was detailing the car yesterday evening, so good excuse to drink a few!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
November 5th, 2012 at 6:51:46 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

HEY!!!!!

I like Toby Keith and PBR! In fact, Toby Keith is one of only four country singers I do like.

EvenBob, yes they still make PBR, bought a 12-Pack yesterday, in fact. I was detailing the car yesterday evening, so good excuse to drink a few!

So who are the other three?

I just said that because my husband's partner is black and we were joking about how I went to the Black Eyed Peas concert and she went to Nickelback. Your color doesn't always correlate to your taste in music! (And I went to BEP because my s-i-l had free tickets and didn't want to go but her daughter did so I volunteered to go deaf and chaperone.)
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 5th, 2012 at 7:04:32 PM permalink

So who are the other three?

I just said that because my husband's partner is black and we were joking about how I went to the Black Eyed Peas concert and she went to Nickelback. Your color doesn't always correlate to your taste in music! (And I went to BEP because my s-i-l had free tickets and didn't want to go but her daughter did so I volunteered to go deaf and chaperone.)

Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt and Faith Hill.

It's cool, I take crap from just about everyone I know for my affinity for PBR. I like almost every beer out there, though, to varying degrees. I used to be a complete beer snob until I tried PBR and really enjoyed it, actually. I would say that the only beers I don't like are anything by Anheuser-Busch, with exception to Busch Original and anything made by Coors. I even like St. Pauli Girl!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 7:08:08 PM permalink
Had a female boss who piped in country music at work. Finally I organized everybody in the office to sing as loud as they could when a special song came on. It came on at least twice a day. Sometimes the lady boss would have visitors when the song came on. After 2 weeks she gave up. the song All my ex"s live in Texas.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 5th, 2012 at 7:57:51 PM permalink
Obama's last big blowout rally in OH today
featured Springsteen and Jay-Z. They couldn't
even fill half the stadium. Talk about embarrassing.
Should have stuck to the high school gym's
where he's been lately..

It drew 18,000 people. In 2008, he had exactly the
same concert the day before the election and it
drew 80,000. Just sad... http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/02/obama_drew_nearly_80000_in_cle.html

This pic is from todays concert:

FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
November 5th, 2012 at 8:13:23 PM permalink

where he's been lately..

drew 80,000. Just sad... http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2011/02/obama_drew_nearly_80000_in_cle.html

So it drew 18,000 in a venue that holds 18,500-20,000 and it's half empty? And "exactly the same" concert could magically hold 80,000 last year?

No wonder America has trouble with math.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
November 5th, 2012 at 8:22:46 PM permalink

where he's been lately..

So it drew 18,000 in a venue that holds 18,500-20,000 and it's half empty? And "exactly the same" concert could magically hold 80,000 last year?

No wonder America has trouble with math.

And a picture from when he's actually there on stage doesn't show many empty seats. News story. I suppose if you take a picture of a venue while it's still being set up you'll have sparser attendance than when the event is actually taking place. Gotta love that Breitbart sense of humor!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 5th, 2012 at 8:23:41 PM permalink

where he's been lately..

In 2008 it was 2 days before the election. More people are free on sunday than monday? What? Logic and facts exist? If you can't make your point with the truth, you should just stop trying.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 5th, 2012 at 8:32:51 PM permalink
They couldn't fill a stadium 1/4 the size of the one
they filled in 2008. Like I said, just sad..
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 5th, 2012 at 8:50:17 PM permalink
Sad will be Mitt tomorrow night. Really, really SAD !
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
November 5th, 2012 at 9:10:55 PM permalink

Sad will be Mitt tomorrow night. Really, really SAD !

Nate Silver has Romney's chances at 8%, yes, that's eight percent. I think Mitt is having a sad right now.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
oscar33
oscar33
  • Threads: 10
November 6th, 2012 at 3:00:22 AM permalink
Currently at Pinnacle:

Obama -404
Romney +389

It's going to be a good day.

Oscar
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 6th, 2012 at 3:17:12 AM permalink
I just voted! It was 18 degrees at 6AM so I'm glad they opened on time.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
November 6th, 2012 at 3:46:27 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

I just voted! It was 18 degrees at 6AM so I'm glad they opened on time.

Hart's Location in New Hampshire (which is predictive of absolutely nothing) voting results:
Obama: 23
Romney: 9
Johnson: 2

It's nice to see Gary Johnson taking some of Romney's thunder. Let's hope that keeps up.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 6th, 2012 at 4:57:28 AM permalink
Quote: oscar33

Currently at Pinnacle:

Obama -404
Romney +389

It's going to be a good day.

Oscar

For those that bet on Romney it should be.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
November 6th, 2012 at 7:05:17 AM permalink
It will be rather interesting today. I am curious to see which half of the board will be eating crow tomorrow. Let the games begin!

Disclaimer: I will not be voting in this election, as I truely believe it just flat out doesn't matter who is in office. My personal happiness, and economy, has absolutely nothing to do with the pres.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 7:23:22 AM permalink
" I truely believe it just flat out doesn't matter who is in office" But surely someone is gonna close those loopholes in the tax code !

Ooops, sorry about that. Forgot the tax code is how Congress punishes their enemies and rewards their friends. SILLY ME .
Keyser
Keyser
November 6th, 2012 at 7:48:25 AM permalink
I see the radical and racist group called the Black Panthers are at it again in PA. http://video.foxnews.com/v/1950507559001/member-new-black-panther-party-spotted-at-polling-place?intcmp=related
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 6th, 2012 at 7:55:12 AM permalink
FOX News ran almost exactly the same story in 2008.

No one cared then. No one cares now.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 6th, 2012 at 8:03:25 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Incorret. Lots of people care, it is just that the folks in power right up to our Attorney General buried the investigation.

If you were walking to vote and saw a large guy with a club in the doorway I am sure you would care.
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 8:13:40 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Incorret. Lots of people care, it is just that the folks in power right up to our Attorney General buried the investigation.

If you were walking to vote and saw a large guy with a club in the doorway I am sure you would care.

Nah, I'd know if he did anything to prevent me from voting I'd be FOX News's newest sensation and a hero for millions of angry white men.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 6th, 2012 at 8:15:40 AM permalink

Really? No one cared? That's just freaking stupid on their part for not caring.

Voter fraud and intimidation are wrong. There is a Republican here in Texas who was on the ballot before it was discovered he may have voted in two different states in the last election. He has not denied it and has not answered questions about it, so I assume he is hding something (though he still has the right to a fair trial, this is my vote and not a court of law). I will not vote for him and I have informed everyone that I know of the accusation.

I'll make it plain and simple--if you are okay with voter intimidation, fraud, voting twice, etc.--you are wrong. It doesn't matter whether you are a D, R, or somehting else.

People care more than you think about stuff like this...
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 6th, 2012 at 8:19:03 AM permalink

Nah, I'd know if he did anything to prevent me from voting I'd be FOX News's newest sensation and a hero for millions of angry white men.

Another idiotic statement. There may be millions of people that don't support President Obama, but there aren't millions of "angry white men" any more than there are "millions of angry black men". There are SOME of each but there are a whole lot more responsible people of both races that are worthy of more respect than being lumped in with the idiots of all races.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 6th, 2012 at 8:19:17 AM permalink

Not quite sure what that is supposed to mean. So are you also saying that if a guy in a sheet stood in the door with a club you would be OK with that? Just asking.

Or are you more of the type that thinks a Black Panther in the doorway is no big deal but God forbid you have to show ID to vote? Again, just asking.
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 8:21:06 AM permalink

Not quite sure what that is supposed to mean. So are you also saying that if a guy in a sheet stood in the door with a club you would be OK with that? Just asking.

Or are you more of the type that thinks a Black Panther in the doorway is no big deal but God forbid you have to show ID to vote? Again, just asking.

It was more just a dig on the fact that only angry old white men watch FOX News.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 6th, 2012 at 8:22:18 AM permalink

The point was that it doesn't do the black panthers any good to act when the only people watching are Fox News. All it'd accomplish would be to fire up the far right - not exactly friends of the panthers.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 6th, 2012 at 8:24:17 AM permalink

It was more just a dig on the fact that only angry old white men watch FOX News.

Must be a lot of us then, since FNC beats all the other networks 2:1.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
November 6th, 2012 at 8:26:04 AM permalink
Angry old white people are the only ones who get cable without an Internet package.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 8:26:26 AM permalink

Must be a lot of us then, since FNC beats all the other networks 2:1.

Hence the "millions of angry white men" in my original post.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 6th, 2012 at 8:28:59 AM permalink

Hence the "millions of angry white men" in my original post.

I guess we just like fair and balanced news reporting.

BTW: what do the angry black men and angry black women watch? Or do you just make derogatory comments about white males?
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
November 6th, 2012 at 8:31:30 AM permalink
Welp, since the people I can find with actual relevant facts rather than rally attendance or football games are split between "Obama's probably going to win" (RCP, every last line) and "Obama's definitely going to win" (Silver; I've got a different little pool going elsewhere banking on his odds being too blue), I've put my money where my mouth is. About 31 dollars now ride on Obama winning.

EDIT: I seem to have said the opposite of what I meant regarding Silver's odds. Huh.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 8:33:03 AM permalink

I guess we just like fair and balanced news reporting.

BTW: what do the angry black men and angry black women watch? Or do you just make derogatory comments about white males?

You like to delude yourselves that what you're watching is fair and balanced.

I honestly have no animosity towards FOX News. I think it is an incredibly effective media arm of the Republican party. I just wish they could come out of the closet and admit they're in the tank for the right. MSNBC has no qualms about admitting their biases.

And angry black men watch MSNBC, I would assume...
Keyser
Keyser
November 6th, 2012 at 8:41:40 AM permalink
What I don't care for is the blatant in your face racism of the Black Panthers. Can you imagine the fallout if those men would have been KKK members?
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 8:44:12 AM permalink

What I don't care for is the blatant in your face racism of the Black Panthers. Can you imagine the fallout if those men would have been KKK members?

So you equate the Black Panthers with the KKK? You think they're both equally detestable, that they've committed an equal level of horrendous acts over the years?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
November 6th, 2012 at 8:45:36 AM permalink

I honestly have no animosity towards FOX News. I think it is an incredibly effective media arm of the Republican party. I just wish they could come out of the closet and admit they're in the tank for the right. MSNBC has no qualms about admitting their biases.

Good god! Why would they ever admit it? Right now, they're actually able to convince some people that they aren't slanted. As the media arm of the Republican party, that gives them an incredible amount of leverage. All of that goes away if they admit what they're doing.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 6th, 2012 at 9:00:48 AM permalink

So you equate the Black Panthers with the KKK? You think they're both equally detestable, that they've committed an equal level of horrendous acts over the years?

They are equally detestable. You ever hear some of what Black Panthers say? The Black Panthers are a racist, violent group.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
November 6th, 2012 at 9:12:10 AM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

Welp, since the people I can find with actual relevant facts rather than rally attendance or football games are split between "Obama's probably going to win" (RCP, every last line) and "Obama's definitely going to win" (Silver; I've got a different little pool going elsewhere banking on him leaning right), I've put my money where my mouth is. About 31 dollars now ride on Obama winning.

Oh, those silly little things are what give me something to talk about with EvenBob. He admitted the only casino game he plays is roulette and there I've got nuttin'. So we banter about nonsense instead.

I hope your 31 bucks bring some friends home to you! ;)
ams288
ams288
November 6th, 2012 at 9:17:15 AM permalink

They are equally detestable. You ever hear some of what Black Panthers say? The Black Panthers are a racist, violent group.

Horrendous actions speak louder than words.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 6th, 2012 at 9:20:35 AM permalink
" The Black Panthers are a racist, violent group." But they gave free breakfasts to inner city black kids. Don't that earn them a pass ?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 6th, 2012 at 9:34:47 AM permalink

Horrendous actions speak louder than words.

The panthers have a strong résumé there as well. Nots sure why you seem to be defending them.
  • Jump to: