11 votes (15.94%)
45 votes (65.21%)
13 votes (18.84%)

69 members have voted

Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 88
January 29th, 2021 at 8:16:05 PM permalink
Have you received a dose yet? As a college instructor here in Nevada, I was able to receive my 1st dose today. I’m scheduled for my 2nd shot in three weeks..
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
January 30th, 2021 at 1:05:37 AM permalink
I have not, but will as soon as I am eligible. For the general public, meaning, not healthcare workers, teachers (for which you qualified) etc, Nevada is still at the 70 years old and above level. Next group will be 65-69. And the 16-64 with high risk condition (that is me).

Apparently Nevada is well behind some other states, as I was talking to a friend in Pennsylvania today, who is in the same group as me and they are now eligible.

Of course being eligible and finding an appointment are two different things. My friend has yet to find an appointment available anywhere even semi-close to where they live.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 30th, 2021 at 4:25:27 AM permalink
Anyone who wants mine can have it. I do not want a rushed out vaccine and am not about to believe it is the cure from the same medical establishment that denied treatments like hydroxychloroquine and zinc because, well, no good medical reason to deny them.

With a 99 in 100 percent chance of survival IF I catch it I find the risks of the vaccine too great. We have had things in the past that were supposedly no-risk that caused problems. Like the nausea pill for pregnant women that caused massive birth defects. Or the Gulf War shot that got a lot of soldiers sick after.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 30th, 2021 at 6:46:03 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Anyone who wants mine can have it. I do not want a rushed out vaccine and am not about to believe it is the cure from the same medical establishment that denied treatments like hydroxychloroquine and zinc because, well, no good medical reason to deny them.

With a 99 in 100 percent chance of survival IF I catch it I find the risks of the vaccine too great. We have had things in the past that were supposedly no-risk that caused problems. Like the nausea pill for pregnant women that caused massive birth defects. Or the Gulf War shot that got a lot of soldiers sick after.

Thalidomide. The 'birth defect' pill. Was approved overseas but NOT by the FDA! The US system WORKED. (At least this is what I was taught in Med School!)
I totally support your right to refuse the vaccine, and your thinking is reasonable. Frankly, as we get better and better treatments, and approach herd immunity, the 'benefit' part of the risk benefit ratio keeps shrinking for any individual. To me at present, the benefit part still far outweighs the potential risk. I know I didn't get immunity the second I got the shot, but I had a 'free' feeling once I did. Unfortunately my wife does not qualify yet, so it is only half a victory....
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 30th, 2021 at 9:14:16 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Thalidomide. The 'birth defect' pill. Was approved overseas but NOT by the FDA! The US system WORKED. (At least this is what I was taught in Med School!)
I totally support your right to refuse the vaccine, and your thinking is reasonable. Frankly, as we get better and better treatments, and approach herd immunity, the 'benefit' part of the risk benefit ratio keeps shrinking for any individual. To me at present, the benefit part still far outweighs the potential risk. I know I didn't get immunity the second I got the shot, but I had a 'free' feeling once I did. Unfortunately my wife does not qualify yet, so it is only half a victory....

My wife just got notified that CPA's are now eligible for the vaccine because they are considered continuity of government workers. Sadly, her appointment is Wednesday but we have to make an emergency trip to Montana tomorrow.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
January 30th, 2021 at 9:31:04 AM permalink
Possible new medication.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/research/cancer-drug-extracted-from-sea-squirt-better-inhibits-covid-19-than-remdesivir-lab
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
billryan
billryan 
January 30th, 2021 at 10:18:56 AM permalink
The state of Oklahoma is seeking to return the two million dollars worth of Hydrodoxy they bought, claiming they were sold a fantasy.

I'm in the group that they estimate will be eligible for shots around April 1-15th if things go as they are. It can't come soon enough for me. I'm hoping by then we will be getting the one shot variety.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
kewlj
kewlj
Thanked by
rawtuff
January 30th, 2021 at 10:19:20 AM permalink

No good medical reason? How about hydroxychloroquine didn't work. LOL. Hydroxychloroquine was simply a drug for other medical conditions that early on when tried for Covid, looked like it might have possible benefits. The "medical establishment" tries the repurposing of medications all the time. Sometimes they are useful in treating something else, sometimes they aren't. Hydroxychloroquine showed early promise, but fizzled with more data.

Do you really think the government is withholding the cure from you?? Bizarre.

Zinc? Who is denying Zinc? I take Zinc as part of my multi-vitamin everyday. And when they said that Zinc may be beneficial against covid by supporting anti-viral immunity, I started taking an extra zinc supplement as well. Problem is too much Zinc can have adverse effect, and actually reduce immune function among other things and that is exactly the opposite of what is desired. So when News that taking Zinc might be beneficial, people started taking way to much Zinc, which negates any benefit and actually suppresses immunity. But who is denying you Zinc? Take it if you want.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2021 at 12:35:29 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

No good medical reason? How about hydroxychloroquine didn't work. LOL. Hydroxychloroquine was simply a drug for other medical conditions that early on when tried for Covid, looked like it might have possible benefits. The "medical establishment" tries the repurposing of medications all the time. Sometimes they are useful in treating something else, sometimes they aren't. Hydroxychloroquine showed early promise, but fizzled with more data.

Do you really think the government is withholding the cure from you?? Bizarre.

Zinc? Who is denying Zinc? I take Zinc as part of my multi-vitamin everyday. And when they said that Zinc may be beneficial against covid by supporting anti-viral immunity, I started taking an extra zinc supplement as well. Problem is too much Zinc can have adverse effect, and actually reduce immune function among other things and that is exactly the opposite of what is desired. So when News that taking Zinc might be beneficial, people started taking way to much Zinc, which negates any benefit and actually suppresses immunity. But who is denying you Zinc? Take it if you want.

Except it did work. Not 100%. You have to use it early. It is just that big pharma and others have no use for an off patent medicine.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2021 at 12:38:00 PM permalink

Was it used in the USA? As Ali’s I heard stories of people affected here.
kewlj
kewlj
January 30th, 2021 at 12:42:12 PM permalink

Except it did work. Not 100%. You have to use it early. It is just that big pharma and others have no use for an off patent medicine.

Come on dude! Nobody is holding back the cure. Nobody is out to get you.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
January 30th, 2021 at 12:51:54 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

I got the vaccine shot yesterday, as part of a trial. 50-50 maybe I did, maybe I got saline.

Based on lack of certain symptoms at the moment of injection / and presence of certain symptoms after and today, it would seem that I got the real thing, but who knows - maybe placebo effect or just a coincidence that I woke up with a headache and experienced the other minor side effects. I will say that if I got the real thing the symptoms are quite mild, for this particular vaccine.

I believe there is a way for me to find out if I received the real thing, by having my own antibody blood test done in a month, besides the one that the trial will conduct, but, I'm not sure if I will go that route, because I think if I have the antibody test all that independent lab will do is call me up and say I am Coronavirus positive, right?

I wrote the above almost two months ago.

I still don't know if I got the real thing or placebo. The pharmaceutical company has taken my blood once to test for antibodies, and will again shortly. The study remains blinded.

I never had my own testing done.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2021 at 12:53:51 PM permalink

Come on dude! Nobody is holding back the cure. Nobody is out to get you.

But there was a holdback on something that worked. Matter of record.

If the vax works out or not we will see. Just let us all make our own risk/benefit decision please.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 30th, 2021 at 12:53:59 PM permalink

Do you have links?
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
January 30th, 2021 at 12:55:14 PM permalink

It is just that big pharma and others have no use for an off patent medicine.

I thought the exact opposite of this was true. Any seller of anything almost always would love to have their products used for a wider range of things, rather than a narrower range. Pharmaceutical sellers are no different. Wellbutrin is approved to treat depression, every time a doctor prescribes it to someone quit smoking, the maker and seller earn profits (so long as the prescription gets filled). Same with hydroxychloroquine. Every time a a doctor prescribes it to for coronavirus, "big pharma" profits. If a doctor could only prescribe a drug for what it is approved for and not off label use, "big pharma" as we know it, could not exist.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 30th, 2021 at 12:55:55 PM permalink

I have a friend whose wife was given Thalidomide for cancer. Have you heard of that?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2021 at 1:02:26 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

I thought the exact opposite of this was true. Any seller of anything almost always would love to have their products used for a wider range of things, rather than a narrower range. Pharmaceutical sellers are no different. Wellbutrin is approved to treat depression, every time a doctor prescribes it to someone quit smoking, the maker and seller earn profits (so long as the prescription gets filled). Same with hydroxychloroquine. Every time a a doctor prescribes it to for coronavirus, "big pharma" profits. If a doctor could only prescribe a drug for what it is approved for and not off label use, "big pharma" as we know it, could not exist.

What you are missing is there is little profit in a 70 year old off patent pill. Big Pharma wants to sell what has the high markup.
kewlj
kewlj
January 30th, 2021 at 1:08:58 PM permalink

If the vax works out or not we will see. Just let us all make our own risk/benefit decision please.

OF COURSE, everyone can and should make their own decision.

But unfortunately your decision effects me and others. If 50% think and choose as you do, the 50% getting the vaccine is useless. You probably need 75% to stop this virus. The vaccine is our way out, our way back to normalcy, so I am just hoping enough people get it right. :)
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 30th, 2021 at 1:42:19 PM permalink

The vaccine is our way out, our way back to normalcy, so I am just hoping enough people get it right. :)

I’m pro mask and vaccine BUT, normalcy is never really coming back in the same way that privacy never really came back post 9-11.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 30th, 2021 at 2:08:44 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I’m pro mask and vaccine BUT, normalcy is never really coming back in the same way that privacy never really came back post 9-11.

Yeah it will.

New plan if there is a new virus outbreak.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
petroglyph
January 30th, 2021 at 2:22:17 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I have a friend whose wife was given Thalidomide for cancer. Have you heard of that?

Lenalidomide is an
isomers are molecules with identical molecular formulas — that is, same number of atoms of each element — but distinct arrangements of atoms
of Thalidomide. It's marketed under the trade name Revlimid as a treatment for multiple myeloma. I've been on it for about 7 years now.

The stuff does a great job (hey, I'm still alive, right) but the FDA is incredibly paranoid about the stuff due to the linkage with Thalidomide. It's not something that you can get at your local CVS or Wahlgreens. Every month I have to check in with the drug company and acknowledge that I have not allowed any female who might become pregnant to come in contact with the stuff. You also get questioned on your sex life (you're not allowed to get somebody pregnant while on the drug). I heard about one guy who lost his pills while on vacation and it resulted in a full FDA investigation. He was warned that if he lost any pills a second time they would take him off the drug.

Bottom line is it's scary stuff unless you have certain types of cancer in which case it's the greatest thing since [fill in the blank].
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
billryan
billryan 
January 30th, 2021 at 4:25:53 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Thalidomide has made a small comeback but isn't given to women who may become pregnant. I'm not sure how it is prescribed, but I saw it listed on an inventory a couple of years ago.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
January 30th, 2021 at 5:20:38 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Thalidomide has made a small comeback but isn't given to women who may become pregnant. I'm not sure how it is prescribed, but I saw it listed on an inventory a couple of years ago.

Indeed, it is a useful and effective anti cancer drug. Just VERY dangerous to pregnancy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 30th, 2021 at 8:19:00 PM permalink

Anyone who wants mine can have it.

Ditto here. Last vac I had was in first
grade for polio. They lined up the
school and popped us in the arm,
hurt like hell. A little red headed
girl in 3rd grade screamed and
fought and would not let them
do her arm, so they grabbed her
and lifted her skirt and pulled
down her undies and popped her
in her bare white butt in front
of the whole school. Most erotic
thing we'd ever seen up till then.
Last vac I ever had.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 31st, 2021 at 5:55:43 AM permalink

OF COURSE, everyone can and should make their own decision.

But unfortunately your decision effects me and others. If 50% think and choose as you do, the 50% getting the vaccine is useless. You probably need 75% to stop this virus. The vaccine is our way out, our way back to normalcy, so I am just hoping enough people get it right. :)

If you take it you are safe and I am not affecting you.
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 43
January 31st, 2021 at 6:50:03 AM permalink
I may have found a way to "skip the line." I signed up to volunteer for our Santa Barbara County Health department at their POD (point of delivery) vaccine clinics. This involves roughly one 8 hour shift as a volunteer per week, but in return I will get vaccinated as a medical frontline worker. Most likely I will be doing some sort of traffic/crowd control, since my medical training is zilch. My first shift is this Wednesday at the clinic in Santa Maria, and I was told I will be vaccinated on-site. We'll see.

My wife will be getting her second shot next week. She is a volunteer with the local "Visiting Nurse and Hospice" organization, so she is bedside with dying patients.
Climate Casino: https://climatecasino.net/climate-casino/
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
teliotTumblingBones
January 31st, 2021 at 7:18:42 AM permalink

Perhaps not directly, but indirectly you do, if you and others who refused to get the vaccine end up spreading the virus to others who also refuse to be vaccinated, or the people who haven't had the chance to get it yet. It slows down herd immunity. You want the economy to open back up and the virus to go away, but you don't want to participate in doing what it takes to achieve that. You want others to be a guinea pig for you and take care of the problem. Regardless if you thought it was a problem in the first place, it doesn't matter, enough people think it is a problem and it's causing problems. It would be great if everyone who refuse the vaccine was solely responsible for any ill effects, but we know that's not the case, everyone pays the price.

I get it, you don't want to take a rushed vaccine, just in case, well, who the hell does? I'm pretty sure most people know the vaccines was rushed and they have it in the back of their minds there could be some potential problems, and yet, they're doing their part and brave enough to get it anyways. You might call them foolish, you might call them scared, you might call them sheep are any number of other things. But we're at war with the virus, and just like a normal war people going to battle for various different reasons, but in the end, those who did should all be considered Heroes, no matter what their reasons were in the first place.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
January 31st, 2021 at 8:35:39 AM permalink
What's this world coming to. I can't find much - if anything - in what AxelWolf wrote above with which I disagree.

This is part of why I volunteered for the vaccine study a couple of months ago and got my shot of whatever it was. I figured that it potentially helps me (if I got the real vaccine and not placebo) and definitely helps science and the fight against the virus.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 31st, 2021 at 8:39:53 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Perhaps not directly, but indirectly you do, if you and others who refused to get the vaccine end up spreading the virus to others who also refuse to be vaccinated, or the people who haven't had the chance to get it yet. It slows down herd immunity. You want the economy to open back up and the virus to go away, but you don't want to participate in doing what it takes to achieve that. You want others to be a guinea pig for you and take care of the problem. Regardless if you thought it was a problem in the first place, it doesn't matter, enough people think it is a problem and it's causing problems. It would be great if everyone who refuse the vaccine was solely responsible for any ill effects, but we know that's not the case, everyone pays the price.

If those of us who decline to get it are only "hurting" others who decline to get it then we are not bothering anyone else. I do not want others to be a "guinea pig" I want to reopen 100% and get herd immunity. Then we can wait for the next scare in 5 or so years, hopefully not doing the lockdown we have done this time.

Quote:

I get it, you don't want to take a rushed vaccine, just in case, well, who the hell does? I'm pretty sure most people know the vaccines was rushed and they have it in the back of their minds there could be some potential problems, and yet, they're doing their part and brave enough to get it anyways. You might call them foolish, you might call them scared, you might call them sheep are any number of other things. But we're at war with the virus, and just like a normal war people going to battle for various different reasons, but in the end, those who did should all be considered Heroes, no matter what their reasons were in the first place.

Honestly, I do not think the people trying to get to the front of the vaccine line think it was rushed. I do not think they think they are "doing their part" and I do not consider them "brave." I put them in two camps. Maybe three. The "third" are hospital and health workers, whom I will give a pass to. The first are those in such fear of "getting sick and dying" that they will do *anything* to reduce *any* risk. The second are conformists who will simply do whatever the government or anyone in charge tells them to do. They are the kind who like to pay a HOA to tell them how to keep their house.

You are not a "hero" if you died because of the virus. You are a hero when you do something heroic.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
January 31st, 2021 at 8:47:35 AM permalink
The only thing I would add to Axel's response is that the more anti-vaxers that catch the virus the more likely it is that the virus will mutate into something more lethal. AZ's assumption that his actions can't impact others is flawed reasoning that, for some reason, he seems to cling to.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 31st, 2021 at 9:11:25 AM permalink

Was it used in the USA? As Ali’s I heard stories of people affected here.

It was not approved in USA until 1998 and NOT for use in pregnant. The pictures of kids with malformed arms and legs tend to be from the UK. It is used in some cancers now.

So be careful about ‘what you heard’!
kewlj
kewlj
January 31st, 2021 at 9:14:18 AM permalink

This is incorrect. To expand on Tumbling Bones answer, the way to stop this virus is for 75% (others have suggested a slightly different number) herd immunity through a combination of vaccine and people having immunity from being infected, however long that lasts. At that point, the virus has a harder time spreading and eventually dies out.

In the absence of that, the virus will continue to mutate. THAT is what viruses do. So your decision to not get vaccines, if enough think like you, will allow the virus to keep spreading and keep mutating, to the point that there will be new strains that none of us are protected against. Almost like a whole new virus.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 31st, 2021 at 9:24:31 AM permalink

This is incorrect. To expand on Tumbling Bones answer, the way to stop this virus is for 75% (others have suggested a slightly different number) herd immunity through a combination of vaccine and people having immunity from being infected, however long that lasts. At that point, the virus has a harder time spreading and eventually dies out.

In the absence of that, the virus will continue to mutate. THAT is what viruses do. So your decision to not get vaccines, if enough think like you, will allow the virus to keep spreading and keep mutating, to the point that there will be new strains that none of us are protected against. Almost like a whole new virus.

I agree with everything you said. Add the fact that being vaccinated AT BEST gives you 95% immunity, so having the vaccine is NOT a guarantee of not getting COVID-19.

Above noted... but I do NOT think AZ should be forced to take the vaccine. I WILL support private businesses that REQUIRE either customers or employees to be vaccinated. As long as it is clear. Just as I would support a private business that BANNED mask wearing, as an example. Let the free market decide.
kewlj
kewlj
January 31st, 2021 at 10:16:39 AM permalink

I agree with everything you said. Add the fact that being vaccinated AT BEST gives you 95% immunity, so having the vaccine is NOT a guarantee of not getting COVID-19.

Above noted... but I do NOT think AZ should be forced to take the vaccine. I WILL support private businesses that REQUIRE either customers or employees to be vaccinated. As long as it is clear. Just as I would support a private business that BANNED mask wearing, as an example. Let the free market decide.

On paragraph 1. There are no guarantees, but for the most part, with some exceptions, while you still may contract Covid, it will be milder form and symptoms.

On Paragraph 2. Absolutely AZ, nor anyone should be forced to take a vaccine. This IS America. But I don't like hearing him say whether he does or not, doesn't effect me and others when it clearly does. Not getting to herd immunity through vaccine, and natural immunity as quickly as possible, will allow this virus to keep going and to mutate, including mutate right away from the vaccines. That effects us all.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
January 31st, 2021 at 11:22:02 AM permalink

No one should be forced to take the vaccine as long as they all stay away from others. And, if they happen to infect someone they should be held liable.

I wonder if he would be willing to wear a big sign saying, 'I refuse to take the vaccine' and let others deiced if they want him in their places of business or whatever.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 31st, 2021 at 11:46:22 AM permalink

If terrorists were killing the exact same people instead of a virus and all you had to do was get everyone to take a vaccine, what would you say?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
January 31st, 2021 at 12:31:43 PM permalink

... but I do NOT think AZ should be forced to take the vaccine. I WILL support private businesses that REQUIRE either customers or employees to be vaccinated. As long as it is clear. Just as I would support a private business that BANNED mask wearing, as an example. Let the free market decide.

Just out of curiosity, as a medical professional would you support an enforced quarantine for somebody deemed a public health risk? Would refusing to be vaccinated for Covid constitute such a risk in your opinion?
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
January 31st, 2021 at 12:35:59 PM permalink

I wonder if he would be willing to wear a big sign saying, 'I refuse to take the vaccine' and let others deiced if they want him in their places of business or whatever.

Or go the opposite way and only do business with holders of a Vaccine Passport/Certificate:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/yellow-card-vaccine-passport/2020/12/30/746c0558-40b7-11eb-8db8-395dedaaa036_story.html
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
January 31st, 2021 at 12:38:29 PM permalink
The problem with “only vaccinated people” policies pre-2022 is you’d generally be discriminating against people through no choice of their own simply based on their age/health status/profession. Unless the vaccine is equal access and they do away with priority classes, you couldn’t be more discriminatory if you tried.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 31st, 2021 at 12:40:34 PM permalink

No one should be forced to take the vaccine as long as they all stay away from others. And, if they happen to infect someone they should be held liable.

"Held liable?" Why and how? If you get infected isn't it your fault for not wearing a mask and taking the vaccine?

Wear a sign? Should we have to ring a bell and yell "UNVACCINATED!" as well?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 31st, 2021 at 12:40:51 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

Or go the opposite way and only do business with holders of a Vaccine Passport/Certificate:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/yellow-card-vaccine-passport/2020/12/30/746c0558-40b7-11eb-8db8-395dedaaa036_story.html

Insert late1930’s-1940’s comparison here...

I hope people get the vaccine of their own will. I’m not for an erosion of a persons right to medical privacy so that a few more people feel comfortable. To travel to another country or perhaps for employment sure, to live general day to day life within the borders f that.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 31st, 2021 at 12:44:17 PM permalink

Insert late1930’s-1940’s comparison here...

For those who wonder how all that happened they are now living it.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 31st, 2021 at 2:00:14 PM permalink

I hope people get the vaccine of their own will. I’m not for an erosion of a persons right to medical privacy so that a few more people feel comfortable. To travel to another country or perhaps for employment sure, to live general day to day life within the borders f that.

I would love to see most employers require a vaccine. If you don't want one that is fine, just find a place to work that doesn't require it.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 31st, 2021 at 3:49:38 PM permalink

"Held liable?" Why and how? If you get infected isn't it your fault for not wearing a mask and taking the vaccine?

Are your posts obtuse on purpose?

YOU KNOW BY NOW that the concept of wearing a mask is to protect others from you, not to protect you from them!
YOU KNOW BY NOW that getting a vaccine does not confer 100% protection.

Given those two facts, your post MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 31st, 2021 at 3:55:05 PM permalink

Just out of curiosity, as a medical professional would you support an enforced quarantine for somebody deemed a public health risk? Would refusing to be vaccinated for Covid constitute such a risk in your opinion?

That's a tough question. I'll give 3 examples.

1. You have a disease that is fatal 10% of the time and anyone within close contact has a 20% chance of getting it. Yes!
2.. You have a disease that is fatal .5% of the time and anyone in close contact has a 1% chance of getting it. No.
3. You have a disease that is fatal .1% of the time, and anyone in close contact has a .1% chance of getting it. Definitely no.

I think COVID-19 is close to "2" now, and will be closer to "3" after the population is (nearly) entirely vaccinated.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
January 31st, 2021 at 4:14:43 PM permalink

And that's fine, however if someone is walking around in public, I should have the information available to me so I can make my own decision to get far away from that person, or interact with them.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
January 31st, 2021 at 4:23:05 PM permalink

And that's fine, however if someone is walking around in public, I should have the information available to me so I can make my own decision to get far away from that person, or interact with them.

You really believe that you should be able to have involuntary access to a portion of another citizens medical history information? This really is the event that erodes the concept of medical privacy isn’t it.

For employment or to enter a private business, once the vaccine is available and EASILY ACCESSIBLE to EVERYONE, would be at least semi voluntary.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 31st, 2021 at 4:28:18 PM permalink

Are your posts obtuse on purpose?

YOU KNOW BY NOW that the concept of wearing a mask is to protect others from you, not to protect you from them!
YOU KNOW BY NOW that getting a vaccine does not confer 100% protection.

Given those two facts, your post MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

Not being obtuse at all. Making a point. Worded in such a way as to make my point about some of the statements made by the pro-maskers on here. The wording about "yelling unmasked" should be a dead giveaway.

Meanwhile worked a great poker game last night. About 30 people, one woman working the party masked up but nobody else did.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
January 31st, 2021 at 4:37:57 PM permalink

I do not know exactly how effective wearing a mask and social distancing is. If it's 20% effective then it's worth it.

Aside from that, it's been MORE THAN CLEAR EVERYONE NEEDS TO WEAR AMASK AND SOCIAL practice distancing. It's not working like it should, because there are people who won't follow the guidelines.

If everyone got vacinated, given some time, we would not have to wear maskes and social distance.

Yes, You should have to ring a bell and a siren along with wearing a neon sign. I believe I have the right to know if you are a possible super spreader.
  • Jump to: