11 votes (15.94%)
45 votes (65.21%)
13 votes (18.84%)

69 members have voted

Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 63
January 29th, 2021 at 8:16:05 PM permalink
Have you received a dose yet? As a college instructor here in Nevada, I was able to receive my 1st dose today. Iím scheduled for my 2nd shot in three weeks..
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 206
January 30th, 2021 at 1:05:37 AM permalink
I have not, but will as soon as I am eligible. For the general public, meaning, not healthcare workers, teachers (for which you qualified) etc, Nevada is still at the 70 years old and above level. Next group will be 65-69. And the 16-64 with high risk condition (that is me).

Apparently Nevada is well behind some other states, as I was talking to a friend in Pennsylvania today, who is in the same group as me and they are now eligible.

Of course being eligible and finding an appointment are two different things. My friend has yet to find an appointment available anywhere even semi-close to where they live.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 222
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
January 30th, 2021 at 4:25:27 AM permalink
Anyone who wants mine can have it. I do not want a rushed out vaccine and am not about to believe it is the cure from the same medical establishment that denied treatments like hydroxychloroquine and zinc because, well, no good medical reason to deny them.

With a 99 in 100 percent chance of survival IF I catch it I find the risks of the vaccine too great. We have had things in the past that were supposedly no-risk that caused problems. Like the nausea pill for pregnant women that caused massive birth defects. Or the Gulf War shot that got a lot of soldiers sick after.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 30th, 2021 at 6:46:03 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Anyone who wants mine can have it. I do not want a rushed out vaccine and am not about to believe it is the cure from the same medical establishment that denied treatments like hydroxychloroquine and zinc because, well, no good medical reason to deny them.

With a 99 in 100 percent chance of survival IF I catch it I find the risks of the vaccine too great. We have had things in the past that were supposedly no-risk that caused problems. Like the nausea pill for pregnant women that caused massive birth defects. Or the Gulf War shot that got a lot of soldiers sick after.

Thalidomide. The 'birth defect' pill. Was approved overseas but NOT by the FDA! The US system WORKED. (At least this is what I was taught in Med School!)
I totally support your right to refuse the vaccine, and your thinking is reasonable. Frankly, as we get better and better treatments, and approach herd immunity, the 'benefit' part of the risk benefit ratio keeps shrinking for any individual. To me at present, the benefit part still far outweighs the potential risk. I know I didn't get immunity the second I got the shot, but I had a 'free' feeling once I did. Unfortunately my wife does not qualify yet, so it is only half a victory....
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
January 30th, 2021 at 9:14:16 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Thalidomide. The 'birth defect' pill. Was approved overseas but NOT by the FDA! The US system WORKED. (At least this is what I was taught in Med School!)
I totally support your right to refuse the vaccine, and your thinking is reasonable. Frankly, as we get better and better treatments, and approach herd immunity, the 'benefit' part of the risk benefit ratio keeps shrinking for any individual. To me at present, the benefit part still far outweighs the potential risk. I know I didn't get immunity the second I got the shot, but I had a 'free' feeling once I did. Unfortunately my wife does not qualify yet, so it is only half a victory....

My wife just got notified that CPA's are now eligible for the vaccine because they are considered continuity of government workers. Sadly, her appointment is Wednesday but we have to make an emergency trip to Montana tomorrow.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 33
January 30th, 2021 at 9:31:04 AM permalink
Possible new medication.

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/research/cancer-drug-extracted-from-sea-squirt-better-inhibits-covid-19-than-remdesivir-lab
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 177
January 30th, 2021 at 10:18:56 AM permalink
The state of Oklahoma is seeking to return the two million dollars worth of Hydrodoxy they bought, claiming they were sold a fantasy.

I'm in the group that they estimate will be eligible for shots around April 1-15th if things go as they are. It can't come soon enough for me. I'm hoping by then we will be getting the one shot variety.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 206
Thanks for this post from:
rawtuff
January 30th, 2021 at 10:19:20 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

No good medical reason? How about hydroxychloroquine didn't work. LOL. Hydroxychloroquine was simply a drug for other medical conditions that early on when tried for Covid, looked like it might have possible benefits. The "medical establishment" tries the repurposing of medications all the time. Sometimes they are useful in treating something else, sometimes they aren't. Hydroxychloroquine showed early promise, but fizzled with more data.

Do you really think the government is withholding the cure from you?? Bizarre.

Zinc? Who is denying Zinc? I take Zinc as part of my multi-vitamin everyday. And when they said that Zinc may be beneficial against covid by supporting anti-viral immunity, I started taking an extra zinc supplement as well. Problem is too much Zinc can have adverse effect, and actually reduce immune function among other things and that is exactly the opposite of what is desired. So when News that taking Zinc might be beneficial, people started taking way to much Zinc, which negates any benefit and actually suppresses immunity. But who is denying you Zinc? Take it if you want.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2021 at 12:35:29 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

No good medical reason? How about hydroxychloroquine didn't work. LOL. Hydroxychloroquine was simply a drug for other medical conditions that early on when tried for Covid, looked like it might have possible benefits. The "medical establishment" tries the repurposing of medications all the time. Sometimes they are useful in treating something else, sometimes they aren't. Hydroxychloroquine showed early promise, but fizzled with more data.

Do you really think the government is withholding the cure from you?? Bizarre.

Zinc? Who is denying Zinc? I take Zinc as part of my multi-vitamin everyday. And when they said that Zinc may be beneficial against covid by supporting anti-viral immunity, I started taking an extra zinc supplement as well. Problem is too much Zinc can have adverse effect, and actually reduce immune function among other things and that is exactly the opposite of what is desired. So when News that taking Zinc might be beneficial, people started taking way to much Zinc, which negates any benefit and actually suppresses immunity. But who is denying you Zinc? Take it if you want.

Except it did work. Not 100%. You have to use it early. It is just that big pharma and others have no use for an off patent medicine.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 30th, 2021 at 12:38:00 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Was it used in the USA? As Aliís I heard stories of people affected here.

• Jump to: