Are we doing escape room mob museum and dinner? Thats what I am interested in

Need to know days and times so I csn schedule my los Angeles flights

Thx
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 21st, 2019 at 8:43:36 AM permalink
RE: Spirit - it's a bargain if you're short and if you either check a bag or travel light. Paying for a carry on is crap, and having the least legroom of any carrier is also crap. I'm 6'4 & I literally can't sit down on some of Spirit's planes.

RE: spring fling - The wife is IN!! Just booked flights. In thurs evening, out tuesday evening.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 21st, 2019 at 8:47:31 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Im ready to buy tickets today

Making a detour to knotts berry farm

I need to know approximately what the schedule is

Are we doing escape room mob museum and dinner? Thats what I am interested in

Need to know days and times so I csn schedule my los Angeles flights

Thx

I'd expect most things to happen Saturday. Sounds like the plan is lunch > museum> dinner/meeting > gambling/socializing. Not sure about the hike or escape room. I think you'd be in good shape to plan to leave LV on Sunday - you wouldn't be the only person leaving that day, so most events should be done by then or others would miss them, too...

Have you considered driving to LA? the drive is hardly longer than the shuffle through the airports would be, you can go at any time, and the car would be cheaper than the airfare even with the potential one-way drop fee.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 244
March 21st, 2019 at 9:19:58 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I'd expect most things to happen Saturday. Sounds like the plan is lunch > museum> dinner/meeting > gambling/socializing. Not sure about the hike or escape room. I think you'd be in good shape to plan to leave LV on Sunday - you wouldn't be the only person leaving that day, so most events should be done by then or others would miss them, too...

Have you considered driving to LA? the drive is hardly longer than the shuffle through the airports would be, you can go at any time, and the car would be cheaper than the airfare even with the potential one-way drop fee.

Neither my daughter nor myself have drivers licenses. We are New Yorkers!

Its one hour flight to vegas. And prices are between $40 and $76 depending on day that weekend.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 21st, 2019 at 9:27:02 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

RE: Spirit - it's a bargain if you're short and if you either check a bag or travel light. Paying for a carry on is crap, and having the least legroom of any carrier is also crap. I'm 6'4 & I literally can't sit down on some of Spirit's planes.

RE: spring fling - The wife is IN!! Just booked flights. In thurs evening, out tuesday evening.

I flew delta and I believe they were charging for carry ons and seat choices as well. Maybe not a carry on but definitely seat choices. I dont mind paying for a carry on when my flight is only $49. My aunt last year decided against a $34 flight and went with a $179 southwest flight all because of paying for a seat and bag.

On this trip since it is only 4 days we will both bring a back pack and be good with that which is considered a personal item so it is free.

yay that your wife is in. I think that will make 4 woman. They can sit at the end of the table and socialize.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
March 21st, 2019 at 9:27:31 AM permalink

That is such an odd concept to people that live outside of the East coast.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 21st, 2019 at 9:27:51 AM permalink

Its one hour flight to vegas. And prices are between $40 and $76 depending on day that weekend.

What borough are you in? I can understand Manhattan, not so much Staten Island without a car.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 21st, 2019 at 9:29:26 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I never fly Spirit so that would have been a tough sell.

well not all of us are baller
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 177
Thanks for this post from:
darkoz
March 21st, 2019 at 9:55:37 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

That is such an odd concept to people that live outside of the East coast.

To New Yorkers, it's an even odder concept that people willingly live west of the Hudson and east of the TMZ.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 244
March 21st, 2019 at 10:09:21 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

What borough are you in? I can understand Manhattan, not so much Staten Island without a car.

Im queens. My daughter is Brooklyn

The train is 2 blocks from either of our houses.

I can get most anywhere in NYC within an hour at anytime of day

During business hours driving that same distance could take upwards of 3 hours. Its literally bumper to bumper traffic in Manhattan.

Driving thru the Lincoln Tunnel between 5 and 7 pm is usually a 90 minute debacle (about 10 minutes at 2 am for comparison)

Imagine 8 million people all travelled simultaneously... in a city the size of Burbank

Or the distance between the strip and downtown

• Jump to: