billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 154
  • Posts: 7730
March 21st, 2019 at 11:24:02 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I wonder what the average parking space sells for in Manhattan. When I was last there $40 was cheap for a day of parking in a garage. I heard people who live in buildings buy spots for their cars.



In my co-op in Jackson Heights, half the apartments come with an indoor parking spot a block away at a sister property. The spots run $300 a month and it adds about 40-50 K to the $400,000 estimated value. There were two 24 hour bus routes that passed the front of the building, and one on the side. It's three blocks to the subway.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5452
March 21st, 2019 at 11:28:47 AM permalink
How is the luxor

The pyramid shape will probably appeal to kids
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3423
March 21st, 2019 at 11:32:37 AM permalink
Luxor is showing it's age but still decent. Some of the rooms are a bit wonky and out of level. I think kids would like it. Plus they have inclinators. Elevators that go sideways as they go up. What's not to like about that if your a kid.

Here's an interesting article about costs of parking in NYC. No thanks, I'd only live there if I could afford a helicopter. I hate buses. 200k for a spot in Manhattan,,,,,oooof.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brickunderground.com/live/buy-or-rent-parking-spot-nyc%3famp
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5452
March 21st, 2019 at 11:40:43 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Luxor is showing it's age but still decent. Some of the rooms are a bit wonky and out of level. I think kids would like it. Plus they have inclinators. Elevators that go sideways as they go up. What's not to like about that if your a kid.

Here's an interesting article about costs of parking in NYC. No thanks, I'd only live there if I could afford a helicopter. I hate buses. 200k for a spot in Manhattan,,,,,oooof.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brickunderground.com/live/buy-or-rent-parking-spot-nyc%3famp



Thanks thats helpful

Subways and local buses if you buy monthly cards are $1400 for the entire year of transport
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Joined: Apr 30, 2015
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 3445
March 21st, 2019 at 12:23:20 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

well not all of us are baller


I donít think Iíve ever flown from the USA to the USA. If Iím changing cities in the USA I drive or Iím flying from another country. No spirit in Canada.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 153
  • Posts: 5602
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
March 21st, 2019 at 1:39:53 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

That is such an odd concept to people that live outside of the East coast.



Hell yea, in CA you get a drivers license as soon you illegally cross the border, along with a Dem voter registration card and a government benefits card.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5452
Thanks for this post from:
rdw4potus
March 21st, 2019 at 1:44:40 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Hell yea, in CA you get a drivers license as soon you illegally cross the border, along with a Dem voter registration card and a government benefits card.



Ok ok. We all know you about to lose the next election

Get over it and go back to the political threads
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 153
  • Posts: 5602
March 21st, 2019 at 2:07:10 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Ok ok. We all know you about to lose the next election

Get over it and go back to the political threads



Whatís more political than a bunch of guys from different political perspectives getting together in the desert to realize we are all born equal?

And also realizing we are also all a few drinks away from being homosexual. Not that thereís anything wrong with it.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5452
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
March 21st, 2019 at 2:10:29 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Whatís more political than a bunch of guys from different political perspectives getting together in the desert to realize we are all born equal?

And also realizing we are also all a few drinks away from being homosexual. Not that thereís anything wrong with it.



Is that why I prefer MISTER PIBB?

Anyway I am certain with this many people gathering not every one needs to drink to arrive there
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 5452
March 21st, 2019 at 7:24:27 PM permalink
Most certainly my family will be going to the rollercoaster at NYNY. If anyone here wants to join let me know. Maybe we can make it another thing to do.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: