Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:40:10 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Bob, I just got back from Wegman's.

You’re the one who buys those $12 half gallons of OJ, aren’t you?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:41:42 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

You’re the one who buys those $12 half gallons of OJ, aren’t you?

Diabetic. No OJ for around 4 years now. But I certainly buy other stuff that must be way overpriced.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
ams288terapinedOnceDeartringlomane
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:48:27 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I like how a Democrat governor was caught in black face standing next to a person in a white hood and all the Libs here come out claiming Republicans are the most racist. You can't make this stuff up.

Sure you can. You do it all the time.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
RogerKint
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:53:50 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Nawala mo ang iyong kakayahang maunawaan ang nakasulat na salita?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
MaxPen
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:55:03 AM permalink

You looking at 'suicide by moderator' too? You can't believe in any way possible that is not a personal insult. How long you wanna be away?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 2nd, 2019 at 12:03:02 PM permalink

And we will have to agree to disagree on this point.... To me cheating on your wife because you are a sleaze is different from sleeping with a political boss so you can get him to give you a high paid public job.

It is different. And I don’t understand how any conservative would not agree that cheating on your wife is far, far worse.

Conservatives love to go on about defending the sanctity of marriage when talking about gay rights, but they are completely willing to overlook adultry as long as an R is in front of the name? I don’t know how that be described as anything other than hypocrisy.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
ams288
February 2nd, 2019 at 12:05:29 PM permalink

You looking at 'suicide by moderator' too? You can't believe in any way possible that is not a personal insult. How long you wanna be away?

Truth is an absolute defense, unless you really believe Michelle Obama is a man.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MaxPen
MaxPen
February 2nd, 2019 at 12:05:40 PM permalink

He couldn't even refrain from insulting other members, by calling them "traitors", when drawing that conclusion about Boz.

He is attempting "Suicide by Moderator" and he is hoping to take a few " traitors" with him. Just ignore him. Life is better that way.

billryan
billryan
February 2nd, 2019 at 12:10:45 PM permalink
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
mcallister3200RSRogerKint
February 2nd, 2019 at 12:12:22 PM permalink

Truth is an absolute defense, unless you really believe Michelle Obama is a man.

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
February 2nd, 2019 at 12:24:53 PM permalink

I want him gone, too. But I do not think he should be removed from office as the duly elected Governor. I do believe, kind of like Trump, he should be removed from office at the next election, assuming he is foolish enough to run again. By the people voting him out of office. If he chooses to resign that would be fine too.

That's smart because Trump has certainly done enough sexist stuff to warrant resigning. I believe he's done enough racist things too but the sexism is easier to show.

Anyone who thinks this gov should go and Trump shouldn't. Come out and defend it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
MaxPen
MaxPen
February 2nd, 2019 at 12:35:42 PM permalink

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

Let's break this down.
I wrote;
vvvvvvvv

I like how a Democrat governor was caught in black face standing next to a person in a white hood and all the Libs here come out claiming Republicans are the most racist. You can't make this stuff up.

You write;
vvvvvvvvv

Now somehow reading comprehension isn't my strong suit?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 2nd, 2019 at 1:25:05 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

That's smart because Trump has certainly done enough sexist stuff to warrant resigning. I believe he's done enough racist things too but the sexism is easier to show.

Anyone who thinks this gov should go and Trump shouldn't. Come out and defend it.

I align with my Democrat and Liberal friends that Trump'should go' But I believe he has earned the right to finish his term because he won enough electoral votes to be our President. I think he 'should go' when the Democrat candidate for 2020 earns more electoral votes than him. As far as him resigning, that's wholly up to him. It's not for you or me to decide. You can want him to.... but that means less than a fart in the wind...
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 2nd, 2019 at 1:59:04 PM permalink

That's smart because Trump has certainly done I believe he's done enough racist things too.

You mean like Obama showing how racist
he was by condemning the white campus
cops who rightfully stopped a black professor?
Then had to apologize with a rose garden beer
summit ass kissing? You mean that type of
racism where the white cop is always wrong
when he stops a black man?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
February 2nd, 2019 at 3:58:13 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You mean like Obama showing how racist
he was by condemning the white campus
cops who rightfully stopped a black professor?
Then had to apologize with a rose garden beer
summit ass kissing? You mean that type of
racism where the white cop is always wrong
when he stops a black man?

You mean Obama with black & white parents is prejudice against one half of himself?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
EvenBob
February 2nd, 2019 at 4:07:39 PM permalink

Let's break this down.
I wrote;
vvvvvvvv

You write;
vvvvvvvvv

Now somehow reading comprehension isn't my strong suit?

Thank you for proving my point.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
EvenBob
February 2nd, 2019 at 4:29:33 PM permalink

Thank you for proving my point.

A window licker might agree.

This is an observation and should no way be misconstrued as me accusing any member of being a window licker. Even if someone agrees that a point was proven.
Last edited by: MaxPen on Feb 2, 2019
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 2nd, 2019 at 4:35:02 PM permalink

You mean Obama with black & white parents is prejudice against one half of himself?

Or Jesse Jackson saying he gets nervous
walking down a street at night with three
young Black men walking behind him.
Pure racism.
rxwine
rxwine
February 2nd, 2019 at 4:58:31 PM permalink

Or Jesse Jackson saying he gets nervous
walking down a street at night with three
young Black men walking behind him.
Pure racism.

fYI Jesse Jackson and Barrick Obama are both dark skinned, but not the same person.

Besides, the incident where Obama is supposedly racist, concerns not just a two random guys. Obama was friends with Prof Gates. Instead of assuming racism you should assume he was inclined to believe his friend. That was his mistake if any.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 2nd, 2019 at 6:03:42 PM permalink

fYI Besides, the incident where Obama is supposedly racist, .

So you think if you can explain it away,
it's no longer racist. Too bad Obama
was a poor explainer, he had to host
the ass kissing beer summit to
kiss the butts of the white cops
he accused of being racist.'

This is what Obama learned in
the 20 years of sitting in Rev
Wrights Racist Church. Imagine
all the times after that when
Obama couldn't say what he
was really thinking.. lol
rxwine
rxwine
February 2nd, 2019 at 6:52:34 PM permalink

So you think if you can explain it away,
it's no longer racist.

Yup.

Personally I think Northam is so damaged politically he's just a dead weight for the Democrat's future purposes.,
jackmagic777
jackmagic777
  • Threads: 1
February 2nd, 2019 at 6:56:53 PM permalink
Expect Northam to announce he is running for President in 2020
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 2nd, 2019 at 7:00:46 PM permalink

Yup..,

So there is no racism, everybody has an
excuse or story why their brand isn't
real racism. You're making my point
for me. My not hiring a black kid
to work in my shop because he's
black isn't racism, it's just me practicing
what I learned from experience.
MaxPen
MaxPen
February 2nd, 2019 at 7:06:26 PM permalink
Quote: jackmagic777

"I DID NOT HAVE RELATIONS WITH THAT MAKEUP."😀
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 2nd, 2019 at 8:03:34 PM permalink

So there is no racism, everybody has an
excuse or story why their brand isn't
real racism. You're making my point
for me. My not hiring a black kid
to work in my shop because he's
black isn't racism, it's just me practicing
what I learned from experience.

It's quite a leap from excuse, to good excuse.
rxwine
rxwine
February 2nd, 2019 at 8:43:48 PM permalink
Quote: jackmagic777

Of course, anyone can run. But I don't know who will fund him for a Democratic candidacy besides Republicans.

Who was the baseball manager who made oddball quotes?

We need people to think more carefully before they put their foot in their mouth.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
lildevilLucyRS
February 2nd, 2019 at 10:14:45 PM permalink
It's been a fun day reading the posts in this thread.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 2nd, 2019 at 11:44:56 PM permalink

It's quite a leap from excuse, to good excuse.

Not really. An excuse is only as good as the
person telling it. I know kids who can sell
'a dog ate my homework', and get away
with it.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 3rd, 2019 at 3:32:25 AM permalink
Virginia's governor cannot run for re-election. He could come back later and run, but they can't serve consecutive terms. They do not have a ban on lifetime terms, just consecutive ones.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
February 3rd, 2019 at 4:39:28 AM permalink

It is different. And I don’t understand how any conservative would not agree that cheating on your wife is far, far worse.

Conservatives love to go on about defending the sanctity of marriage when talking about gay rights, but they are completely willing to overlook adultry as long as an R is in front of the name? I don’t know how that be described as anything other than hypocrisy.

But see Bill Clinton
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 3rd, 2019 at 4:43:29 AM permalink

*EXCERPT*Who was the baseball manager who made oddball quotes?

Yogi Berra

https://yogiberramuseum.org/about-yogi/yogisms/
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
RS
February 3rd, 2019 at 7:40:54 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

But see Bill Clinton

Also a disgusting POS.

Anyone who thinks Trump is a sexual predator but not Bill are also hypocritical.

I am a moderate. I do not consider myself democrat or republican, conservative or liberal. I am registered independent.

I call it as I see it. Political affiliation has no bearing on my opinion of people.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 3rd, 2019 at 7:43:50 AM permalink

But see Bill Clinton

Also a disgusting POS.

I am a moderate. I do not consider myself democrat or republican, conservative or liberal. I am registered independent.

I call it as I see it. Political affiliation has no bearing on my opinion of people.

Do you believe that an act of infidelity should disqualify someone from holding public office? Being a doctor? A judge? A lawyer?
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
February 3rd, 2019 at 7:54:30 AM permalink

Who was the baseball manager who made oddball quotes?

Casey Stengel was the original.

"The trouble is not that players have sex the night before a game. It's that they stay out all night looking for it."
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Thanked by
Mintybeachbumbabs
February 3rd, 2019 at 8:28:22 AM permalink

But see Bill Clinton

Also a disgusting POS.

Do you believe that an act of infidelity should disqualify someone from holding public office? Being a doctor? A judge? A lawyer?

No, I don’t think one’s personal life should disqualify them from anything.

Doctors/Lawyers and other professional roles should be based completely on competence.

Judges and Politicans are a bit more complicated. As a practical matter, infidelity opens them up to blackmail. I believe this is even something that is checked on when going through security clearance.

But even then, I think it should be left up to the voters. That is how democracy works. My point isn’t that any of these sleaze bags should be legally barred from holding public office.

My point is that as voters, we should be critiquing politicans based on how they reflect our own ideals. Conservatives supposedly holds a high standard of traditional family values, integrity of character, and personal responsibility.

They very quickly invoke these mores when talking about things like gay marriage, abortion, welfare, etc. Yet in the same breath they will say that Trump’s multiple marriages and affairs are 100% a non-issue. I don’t know how that can be seen as anything other than sanctimonious hypocrisy.

I could write a book about the hypocrisy of the left as well. I think it is a major problem in our political culture. Right and wrong has no political affiliation.
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 3rd, 2019 at 10:21:39 AM permalink

But see Bill Clinton

Also a disgusting POS.

Nope
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
February 3rd, 2019 at 10:29:25 AM permalink

But see Bill Clinton

Also a disgusting POS.

No, I don’t think one’s personal life should disqualify them from anything.

Doctors/Lawyers and other professional roles should be based completely on competence.

Judges and Politicans are a bit more complicated. As a practical matter, infidelity opens them up to blackmail. I believe this is even something that is checked on when going through security clearance.

But even then, I think it should be left up to the voters. That is how democracy works. My point isn’t that any of these sleaze bags should be legally barred from holding public office.

My point is that as voters, we should be critiquing politicans based on how they reflect our own ideals. Conservatives supposedly holds a high standard of traditional family values, integrity of character, and personal responsibility.

They very quickly invoke these mores when talking about things like gay marriage, abortion, welfare, etc. Yet in the same breath they will say that Trump’s multiple marriages and affairs are 100% a non-issue. I don’t know how that can be seen as anything other than sanctimonious hypocrisy.

I could write a book about the hypocrisy of the left as well. I think it is a major problem in our political culture. Right and wrong has no political affiliation.

GF I haven’t really heard anyone but what would be considered political extremists bring up gay marriage in years. That topic is over and has by comparison already gone the way of comparing modern democrats to civil war era southern democrats.

Personally I’m ok with just abolishing marriage based on general ineptitude in decision making among the population but..
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Feb 3, 2019
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 3rd, 2019 at 11:47:55 AM permalink
Wow. Someone has leaked all of Donald’s daily schedules since the midterm elections. He’s spent more than 60% of his working hours in “Executive Time” aka watching TV in the little room right off the Oval Office.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-private-schedules-leak-executive-time-34e67fbb-3af6-48df-aefb-52e02c334255.html

Remember when righties used to complain Obama didn’t work hard enough? 😂
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
billryan
billryan
February 3rd, 2019 at 12:36:31 PM permalink
I'm hoping he ups his "executive time" and spends less time trying to institute his peculiar brand of MAGA.
aceofspades
aceofspades
February 3rd, 2019 at 12:51:31 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Wow. Someone has leaked all of Donald’s daily schedules since the midterm elections. He’s spent more than 60% of his working hours in “Executive Time” aka watching TV in the little room right off the Oval Office.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-private-schedules-leak-executive-time-34e67fbb-3af6-48df-aefb-52e02c334255.html

I see nowhere in that article that "Executive Time" equals watching tv in a little office right off the Oval Office -- it states: "he spends his mornings in the residence, watching TV, reading the papers, and responding to what he sees and reads by phoning aides, members of Congress, friends, administration officials and informal advisers."

Although it states he watches tv - your extrapolation is meaningless as you left out all the other things he is doing and seem to imply watching tv is something abnormal and, additionally, you have no idea what he is actually watching

Finally, the "unnamed source" the article relies on is probably the author making s**t up (see, I can extrapolate as well)
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 3rd, 2019 at 12:54:15 PM permalink

Obama spent a huge amount of time
on the WH BB court and in the WH
bowling ally. He spent so much time
bowling he raised his game quite a
lot.

At least Trump is doing job related
activities, like keeping up with current
events on TV.

ams288
ams288
February 3rd, 2019 at 2:44:32 PM permalink

I see nowhere in that article that "Executive Time" equals watching tv in a little office right off the Oval Office

Many articles have already been written about what “executive time” actually is.
RonC
RonC
February 3rd, 2019 at 7:13:55 PM permalink
What a boring topic. The President of the United States be it Obama, Trump, and on down the line is on duty all the time.

Next thing one of you will want to know what time he takes a shit and whether the toilet paper comes off the top or bottom of the roll.

I don't care how much Presidents golf. Sometimes, they mistime when they should play golf and when they should stay home. That is when it is an issue...seeming to be out of touch.

Have none of you ever had a job? Some people can do in two hours what others take days to do.

Anyway, Presidents don't really get time off, even when they are just gathering information.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 3rd, 2019 at 7:49:14 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

What a boring topic. The President of the United States be it Obama, Trump, and on down the line is on duty all the time.

What every president really wastes the
countries time on is the endless
meaningless duties they have to perform
every day. Meeting with kids groups and
women's groups and gay groups and
winners of this or that metal or Rotary
Club. Their days are crammed full of this crap.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
February 3rd, 2019 at 8:28:57 PM permalink

What every president really wastes the
countries time on is the endless
meaningless duties they have to perform
every day. Meeting with kids groups and
women's groups and gay groups and
winners of this or that metal or Rotary
Club. Their days are crammed full of this crap.

Let's hope the most memorable of those "wasted time" moments stays with Bush on 9/11. The timing couldn't be any worse.
ams288
ams288
February 4th, 2019 at 5:14:45 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I don't care how much Presidents golf.

Cool story.

Seems like most righties DO care how much Presidents golf, but only when said President is a black man.
RonC
RonC
February 4th, 2019 at 5:58:12 AM permalink

Cool story.

Seems like most righties DO care how much Presidents golf, but only when said President is a black man.

There were a couple of times that our last President was tone deaf and golfed when I thought it was a bad time. There have been a couple of times our current President should have been doing something besides golfing.

There are a lot of times I wish he did something besides tweeting...
Last edited by: RonC on Feb 4, 2019
RonC
RonC
February 4th, 2019 at 3:10:32 PM permalink
The Democrat called the Republican racist, and PACs supporting him ran ads to drive home the point.

The Democrat had blackface pictures in his yearbook.

Did the now-Governor leak the story about the Lt Governor in an attempt to keep the office?
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
tringlomane
February 4th, 2019 at 6:46:58 PM permalink
Imagine passing a $2 trillion “tax cut” and getting these results:

Music to my f****ng ears.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
February 4th, 2019 at 7:20:38 PM permalink

Imagine passing a $2 trillion “tax cut” and getting these results:
Music to my f****ng ears.

I earned $1515 more in 2018 than in 2017, yet I'm paying $292 less in taxes.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
  • Jump to: