billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
tringlomane
January 17th, 2019 at 7:58:39 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Just broke.

Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow Trump Tower. As President, he suborned perjury.

Cohen admits it. They had electronic proof before he confessed.

Buzz feed broke it.

But what about Benghazi ? Simple minds want to know!
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 17th, 2019 at 8:01:00 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

But what about Benghazi ? Simple minds want to know!

No no no. This changes everything. Don't trivialize or mock this. People need to understand how big a deal this is without your finger in their eye. Because once he's gone, we all still have a country to rebuild.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan
January 17th, 2019 at 8:05:02 PM permalink

No no no. This changes everything. Don't trivialize or mock this. People need to understand how big a deal this is without your finger in their eye. Because once he's gone, we all still have a country to rebuild.

I suspect this news won't change one opinion here.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
OnceDearams288
January 17th, 2019 at 8:05:26 PM permalink
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation?ref=hpsplash
billryan
billryan
January 17th, 2019 at 8:14:13 PM permalink
"I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters"

He could say that in Russian and his supporters would praise him for his ability to learn a second language.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
January 17th, 2019 at 8:20:05 PM permalink

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation?ref=hpsplash

If true, that's enough to impeach and convict. Still too early, in the news cycle to believe anything yet.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 17th, 2019 at 8:44:04 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

"I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters"

He could say that in Russian and his supporters would praise him for his ability to learn a second language.

No, according to a poll published this morning, the shutdown has cost him between 7 and 11% of his remaining base. It's just one poll, but they're starting to turn on him.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
January 17th, 2019 at 8:46:46 PM permalink

No, according to a poll published this morning, the shutdown has cost him between 7 and 11% of his remaining base. It's just one poll, but they're starting to turn on him.

Poll conducted by libs'R'us.com
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
petroglyph
January 17th, 2019 at 8:50:42 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If true, that's enough to impeach and convict. Still too early, in the news cycle to believe anything yet.

I can't wait for the news cycle to tell me what to believe, either. Wow!!! Lol y'all out here wylin
100% risk of ruin
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 17th, 2019 at 9:12:17 PM permalink
The fact that Cohen is claiming that means nothing unless it can be proven. And as others have mentioned it doesn't matter.

This is Trump's shutdown. He wants a wall. He promised Mexico will pay for it. So get Mexico to write him the check for 5.7 billion. Even a cogent explanation of exactly how 5.7 billion dollars is raised indirectly from Mexico would be grest, be it a reduction in the trade deficit, income from tariffs, recovered drugs, lower costs of immigration, etc. Rather than him flailing for an explanation every time he is asked the WH could release a document. Then he would deliver on his promise and tell the senate to send him the bill to open the government back up.

Pelosi doesn't need to give in to Trump. He refused to sign the bill before Christmas before the democrats controlled Congress and nothing has changed since then. He isn't going to get the 5.7 bilion and we all know that the wall is going to cost multiples of that anyway. He said publicly that the shutdown would be his responsibility. So show us"the art of the deal".

Meanwhile the trade deficit despite tariffs are at a record high. And the federal deficit is going to be 985 billion this year.

It will likely take an air disaster or major food recall of McDonald's hamberders to end the shutdown.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 17th, 2019 at 9:18:47 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

The fact that Cohen is claiming that means nothing unless it can be proven. And as others have mentioned it doesn't matter.

This is Trump's shutdown. He wants a wall. He promised Mexico will pay for it. So get Mexico to write him the check for 5.7 billion. Even a cogent explanation of exactly how 5.7 billion dollars is raised indirectly from Mexico would be grest, be it a reduction in the trade deficit, income from tariffs, recovered drugs, lower costs of immigration, etc. Rather than him flailing for an explanation every time he is asked the WH could release a document. Then he would deliver on his promise and tell the senate to send him the bill to open the government back up.

Pelosi doesn't need to give in to Trump. He refused to sign the bill before Christmas before the democrats controlled Congress and nothing has changed since then. He isn't going to get the 5.7 bilion and we all know that the wall is going to cost multiples of that anyway. He said publicly that the shutdown would be his responsibility. So show us"the art of the deal".

Meanwhile the trade deficit despite tariffs are at a record high. And the federal deficit is going to be 985 billion this year.

It will likely take an air disaster or major food recall of McDonald's hamberders to end the shutdown.

No, they had a bunch of emails and documents from internal and WH correspondence that proved this stuff was going on, and other witness testimony that verified that, before Cohen admitted it. The docs and testimony proves Don Jr lied, Ivanka lied, Cohen lied, all under oath, and the President directed Cohen to lie WHILE PRESIDENT. That last is exactly why Nixon got impeached. They have some kind of physical evidence Trump did that, not just Cohen rolling over.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 17th, 2019 at 9:32:19 PM permalink

No, they had a bunch of emails and documents from internal and WH correspondence that proved this stuff was going on, and other witness testimony that verified that, before Cohen admitted it. The docs and testimony proves Don Jr lied, Ivanka lied, Cohen lied, all under oath, and the President directed Cohen to lie WHILE PRESIDENT. That last is exactly why Nixon got impeached. They have some kind of physical evidence Trump did that, not just Cohen rolling over.

We shall see. There have been claims of "we've got him" many times before on this thread with things just as bad and nothing has come out of it... Yet.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 17th, 2019 at 11:14:40 PM permalink
It's easy for a "news" piece to go out and making it look like 100% "he's done this time" (for the ~160'th week in a row now). Buzzfeed isn't exactly the most...uhh....legitimate, to say the least. It was either them or Vox (basically the same thing) who had some pretty funny stuff on gun control. They probably both did, but whatever.

If Cohen, Trump, et al did something illegal or what-have-you, then they should face whatever their consequences are. Until then, try to keep an open mind. (EG: Kavanaugh?????)

I'm still very anti-Trump because CNN told me to hate him because he mocks witches for using the term "witch hunt" even though that term doesn't mock witches, it mocks the idiots who were hunting the witches, but I digress.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 17th, 2019 at 11:47:49 PM permalink
Let me get this straight. Cohen is
testifying to Congress, and one
of the things he's going to jail
for is lying to Congress last time
he testified.

Hmm, lets see if I can figure this
out..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
January 18th, 2019 at 12:22:51 AM permalink
Let's take a moment and listen to Nancy. I think missing that flight caused her not to get her latest reptilian blood transfusion. Either that or she's hammered.

RS
RS
January 18th, 2019 at 12:48:39 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Let's take a moment and listen to Nancy. I think missing that flight caused her not to get her latest reptilian blood transfusion. Either that or she's hammered.

She didn’t slur her words at all. She made a lot of sense. Very fluid, lucid, and clear. She also sounds sober and I don’t think she has a mouth full of cotton balls.

Lol jk. She looks drunker than that time RBG got trashed at SOTU.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 18th, 2019 at 2:21:55 AM permalink

Slow down a bit. Your posts don't even bother to consider that the information came from "according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter" and not from any actual paperwork filed anywhere. I have seen these "unnamed sources" used along with other information to make a complete story when the complete story presented ends up not being correct.

Guilty until proven innocent is not exactly how our system works.

This is potentially a bombshell IF and WHEN it is actually presented and then proven or, if it is true, the President resigns. It is, if true, big enough to bring on the end of the Presidency. I don't think you are wrong about that; we just aren't there yet. Will we get there? The truth is that neither you nor I know.

As to the whole "trivialize" thing...well, there have been more than a few reports of how this or that was going to change everything. Perhaps this one will. Maybe very soon.

Why don't we wait and see what the investigation comes up with and actually reports. prosecutes, presents, or whatever...or until the President resigns.
Last edited by: RonC on Jan 18, 2019
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 18th, 2019 at 4:09:27 AM permalink
It seems like just last week people were up in arms over a freshman congresswoman saying “We’re gonna impeach the mo+#€%fu€£#r.”

Now it seems prophetic.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 18th, 2019 at 6:10:24 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Cohen is not the source of the buzzfeed story
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 18th, 2019 at 6:19:07 AM permalink
Quote: RS

She didn’t slur her words at all. She made a lot of sense. Very fluid, lucid, and clear. She also sounds sober and I don’t think she has a mouth full of cotton balls.

Weird video but I honestly don’t think she looks drunk.

She just looks like she is exhausted or not feeling well. Maybe she had to poop really bad or something right before going on camera.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
ams288terapined
January 18th, 2019 at 6:31:38 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Guilty until proven innocent is not exactly how our system works.

You weren't saying that about Hillary Clinton during the campaign. Remind me what she was proven guilty of?
RonC
RonC
January 18th, 2019 at 7:05:01 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

You weren't saying that about Hillary Clinton during the campaign. Remind me what she was proven guilty of?

"Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

--James B. Comey

Remember, I did not say that it was impossible that he is guilty. if we get to a similar point--where someone who has actually done an investigation and has the documentation to back it up goes on record officially, as Comey did--then we are at a different point.

Hillary and her team mishandled classified information. Eight chains contained Top Secret messages. Had I, when I was cleared at appropriate levels, done that I would have been locked up. No doubt about it.

Once the proof is out, it is still guilty until proven innocent...but similar information to what Comey said about Hillary Clinton would make me say that it would be best for him to resign. He would still have his right to be impeached and tried, or tried in court, as is applicable before leaving office.

We'll see what actually happens...
rsactuary
rsactuary
January 18th, 2019 at 7:18:32 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

"Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case."

--James B. Comey

Remember, I did not say that it was impossible that he is guilty. if we get to a similar point--where someone who has actually done an investigation and has the documentation to back it up goes on record officially, as Comey did--then we are at a different point.

Hillary and her team mishandled classified information. Eight chains contained Top Secret messages. Had I, when I was cleared at appropriate levels, done that I would have been locked up. No doubt about it.

Once the proof is out, it is still guilty until proven innocent...but similar information to what Comey said about Hillary Clinton would make me say that it would be best for him to resign. He would still have his right to be impeached and tried, or tried in court, as is applicable before leaving office.

We'll see what actually happens...

But silence when you learned that Jared and Ivanka were using private email addresses for government business. Got it.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
gamerfreak
January 18th, 2019 at 8:12:50 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Quote: RS

Weird video but I honestly don’t think she looks drunk.

She just looks like she is exhausted or not feeling well. Maybe she had to poop really bad or something right before going on camera.

She's definitely full of it!

#dadjoke
100% risk of ruin
billryan
billryan
January 18th, 2019 at 11:14:15 AM permalink
IF the reports are accurate and the Special Prosecutor has direct evidence that Trump told him to lie to Congress, does anyone here think that isn't grounds for impeachment and arrest?
RonC
RonC
January 18th, 2019 at 11:18:33 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

But silence when you learned that Jared and Ivanka were using private email addresses for government business. Got it.

My position would be:

Any government employee using a private email service for the business of the government is in the wrong.

Anyone mishandling classified information should be sanctioned and/or prosecuted.

I believe Hillary may have gone a tad further than sending a few hundred emails outside of proper channels.

rsactuary--I think I said something like that a while back here, but who knows. I certainly don't remember every post... Did you read everything I have ever posted posted or did you just assume that I did or did not say something? Just wondering.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
MaxPen
January 18th, 2019 at 1:15:17 PM permalink
This is the hundredth time or such that "this time we got him" has been written in this thread, but in actuality, the first 99 have not born fruit. As Ron says, maybe this time it will be different. I still expect him to finish out his term and lose in the 2020 election, as I do not think any of his misdeeds will rise to the level of having him impeached and removed.

As far as Pelosi, she is obviously slowing down mentally. For God's sake she is 78! Would anyone here want a 78 year old anesthesiologist? A 78 year old airplane pilot? A 78 year old virtually anything? How can the Democrats not have a single Congressperson that they don't believe is more competent to be their leader in the House?
Whatever you think of Trump he does not appear to be slowing down physically, but mentally he has difficulty speaking in a clear and concise fashion, likely due to age and general mental deterioration. Biden is no better, maybe even a bit worse.

Get me some younger people that are not obviously past their prime!
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 18th, 2019 at 1:41:01 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

... How can the Democrats not have a single Congressperson that they don't believe is more competent to be their leader in the House?

They revere hate. Look who they run for President.
rsactuary
rsactuary
Thanked by
ams288
January 18th, 2019 at 1:59:50 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is the hundredth time or such that "this time we got him" has been written in this thread, but in actuality, the first 99 have not born fruit.

You don't know that... all of the "times" have been reports on what Mueller has uncovered.. but we haven't seen his report yet.
ams288
ams288
January 18th, 2019 at 5:03:49 PM permalink
Womp womp.

VERY rare for them to comment on anything.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
January 18th, 2019 at 5:05:43 PM permalink
The Sky is Falling The Sky is Falling Impeach the President NOW

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Mueller investigation goes on the record to dispute BuzzFeed report

https://www.axios.com/muellers-investigation-goes-on-the-record-to-deny-buzzfeed-report-a07f65a6-611a-42de-adf6-91f337ddfdf1.html?stream=top-stories&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=limstream

Quote:

In a rare move, the office of special counsel Robert Mueller has gone on the record to dispute the bombshell BuzzFeed report from Thursday night, which claimed that the special counsel has evidence that President Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress.

The lefties panties must really be in a knot now

LOL LOL LOL LOL
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
RS
RS
January 18th, 2019 at 5:14:45 PM permalink
I won't believe BuzzFeed is #FakeNews until a real news outlet like CNN or MSNPC tells me what to believe.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
Boz
January 18th, 2019 at 5:20:21 PM permalink

emphasis in above is mine

I must say you were right on target with this post.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
terapined
terapined
January 18th, 2019 at 6:06:54 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

The lefties panties must really be in a knot now

LOL LOL LOL LOL

???????????
My position has always been to wait for the Mueller report
Reading the tea leaves is nonsense
This is a very tightly run investigation with no leaks, that's the way its supposed to be.
rxwine
rxwine
January 18th, 2019 at 6:07:49 PM permalink
That's about the first time I've seen Buzzfeed as a source for a big story. Well, their reporters blew it. Worse than never finding a big story is misreporting one.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
RS
January 18th, 2019 at 6:10:24 PM permalink
Another day of wishful thinking by the libs on here who hate Trump, but can’t give a legitimate reason why, or what he has done to personally hurt their lives. Instead it’s all about hating (Remember the Hate has no home signs) a Republican who sticks up for his beliefs. And garbage about him being a liar, cutting taxes of the “rich”, etc. And yes, they hate him.

Any wonder Kimberly Clark went up over 2% today? The run on Kleenex must have been huge.
rxwine
rxwine
January 18th, 2019 at 6:34:41 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Another day of wishful thinking by the libs on here who hate Trump, but can’t give a legitimate reason why, or what he has done to personally hurt their lives.

Oh, I'm pretty sure he's a crook. And a conman. And I thought that before he was elected. And I still think he's going down eventually. Whether he resigns, forced out or prosecuted after leaving I don't know.
rxwine
rxwine
January 18th, 2019 at 6:36:40 PM permalink
And Box you're the one who said he hates criminals. I wouldn't give two cents for your judgement if you don't think he is one.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
terapined
January 18th, 2019 at 6:41:48 PM permalink
This gives the Mueller investigation even more integrity.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 18th, 2019 at 7:01:07 PM permalink

That's about the first time I've seen Buzzfeed as a source for a big story. Well, their reporters blew it. Worse than never finding a big story is misreporting one.

Never heard of the Chris Steele dossier?
ams288
ams288
January 18th, 2019 at 7:03:08 PM permalink
Guess now they’ll just have to impeach him for.... all those OTHER high crimes and misdemeanors!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 18th, 2019 at 7:03:55 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

This gives the Mueller investigation even more integrity.

If Barr's breathing down his neck fomented the reaction, so be it.
Last edited by: OnceDear on Jan 19, 2019
rxwine
rxwine
January 18th, 2019 at 7:22:55 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Never heard of the Chris Steele dossier?

I would say 2 strikes for Buzzfeed if they released it, but then the substance of that story couldn't be verified one way or another. You could just easily speculate either way and be wrong. This one has people available to immediately say something was wrong.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 18th, 2019 at 7:30:28 PM permalink

I would say 2 strikes for Buzzfeed if they released it, but then the substance of that story couldn't be verified one way or another. You could just easily speculate either way and be wrong. This one has people available to immediately say something was wrong.

Anybody with a skeptical mind would see the problems with Steele, especially as there is now documentary proof via Bruce Ohr that the No. 4 official in the Justice Dept, had informed the DOJ and FBI hierarchies of the problems with its sponsorship and the improbability of verifying any of it.
rxwine
rxwine
January 18th, 2019 at 7:49:30 PM permalink

Anybody with a skeptical mind would see the problems with Steele, especially as there is now documentary proof via Bruce Ohr that the No. 4 official in the Justice Dept, had informed the DOJ and FBI hierarchies of the problems with its sponsorship and the improbability of verifying any of it.

Anyone with a skeptical mind should check and double check anything Trump says at this point. If you can't see it, touch it, taste it, I would first doubt it. Trump claims the sun came up, I would check on it first probably. Whereas I don't know Steele from anyone.
RS
RS
January 18th, 2019 at 7:52:27 PM permalink

Anyone with a skeptical mind should check and double check anything Trump says at this point. If you can't see it, touch it, taste it, I would first doubt it. Trump claims the sun came up, I would check on it first probably. Whereas I don't know Steele from anyone.

It's unfortunate that now a days people don't do the same thing with the news. Or even worse, that double-checking the news is necessary yet oftentimes futile.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not accusing you of that (or the opposite of that). Just saying, in general.
terapined
terapined
January 18th, 2019 at 7:52:56 PM permalink

Buzzfeed could be way off
or
They got it right except for some details

Until the Mueller report comes out, nobody knows
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 18th, 2019 at 8:14:08 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

or

Maybe it has not been sufficiently understood. The startling development is that Mueller, definitively the most knowledgable source in this instance, has clearly pronounced Buzzfeed totally off in its report. And not for the first time, the dirty tricks deparment of Comcast-NBC is doubling down on its report.
terapined
terapined
January 18th, 2019 at 8:33:40 PM permalink

Maybe it has not been sufficiently understood. The startling development is that Mueller, definitively the most knowledgable source in this instance, has clearly pronounced Buzzfeed totally off in its report.

Could be
The key phrase from Mueller is "not accurate"
regardless, nobody except Mueller and his closest investigators know whats going on
I'm waiting for the report
I'm actually a bit taken aback how long this has been going on.
Cmon Mueller, show your hand. What are you holding? Do you have a hand or are you taking so long because you are on a draw
I'm thinking the more time Mueller takes, the worse it is for Trump
I cant imagine Mueller taking this long and then coming up with a nothing burger
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 18th, 2019 at 8:46:25 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

or

They seem to be leaning toward some details are maybe incorrect but the basic info is correct. I guess we'll see.

Really not good if they got it completely wrong. Gives ammo to attacking journalistic standards.
  • Jump to: