Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 16th, 2019 at 1:34:55 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

If someone has sex with someone in exchange for a job, that is prostitution.

If Harris traded sex for the high paying jobs that Brown appointed her to, that would make her a high priced prostitute, who now wants to become president of the United States.

That did not even come close to answering my question about Melania.

But the deflection is telling...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
January 16th, 2019 at 1:38:10 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Actually, according to the Constitution, it DOES work that way.

Quote:

Because the speech involves a joint session of Congress, both the House and the Senate must pass resolutions to OK the joint session.

So far, neither the House nor the Senate has passed such a resolution that invites the president to give the State of the Union address on Jan. 29.

Can Pelosi keep Trump from delivering the address?

Yes, she can in that she controls when a vote comes to the House floor. Pelosi could hold back the vote on the resolution to create a day and time for the president to speak, and prevent him from addressing House members.

Not quite right. This is what the Constitution ACTUALLY says:

Quote:

Article II
Section 3
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

There may be some other "rules" that you refer to but NOT in the Constitution.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
RS
January 16th, 2019 at 1:43:18 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

There may be some other "rules" that you refer to but NOT in the Constitution.

Brutal pwn. I may never show my face here again.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 16th, 2019 at 1:47:18 PM permalink

If Harris traded sex for the high paying jobs that Brown appointed her to, that would make her a high priced prostitute, who now wants to become president of the United States.

It's what a lot of women do to
get places, old as time itself.
But Harris has a far bigger problem,
she isn't likable. She comes off
as just plain nasty. Go and watch
her grilling of Jeff Sessions. She's
almost hysterical in her questioning,
not even letting Sessions answer.

Then watch her attack Kavanaugh.
That's why she's putting out the
embarrassing mix tape videos, she
knows she has a problem. You have
to be likable to get elected, it's why
Hillary was always doomed.

Reagan was, Bill was, Bush was, I even
voted for Obama in 08 because he was
cool and suave and gave a good speech.
Trump was very likable, it's why Leno
and Letterman say he was one of their
favorite guests. Audiences loved him.

Harris is a cold bitchy fish. A climber,
an opportunist. A bad combination..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
January 16th, 2019 at 1:52:32 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

So there is no emergency on the
border, no crisis. That can be proven,
they have stats and facts to back that
up. Whew, thank god. (snicker)

Really? Statistics show crossings are half what they were. How can you argue an economic emergency when you claim the economy is the best ever. Millions of jobs unfilled, according to some. If it is a humanitarian crisis, its a crisis caused by the administrations polices. Stop the policy, you stop the crisis.
Lastly, if the border is at crisis, why in the world would you lay off hundreds of administrative workers on said border and pull field agents away from it to fill them?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
January 16th, 2019 at 1:55:16 PM permalink

Did she commit perjury over it or pay off someone to not talk about this to influence an election?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
January 16th, 2019 at 2:10:17 PM permalink
https://psmag.com/news/the-united-states-states-of-emergencies

I thought all presidents declared a state of emergency so they would have emergency powers?

I would think he could just claim we are 22 trillion dollars in debt, so that qualify's as an economic emergency.

If the president doesn't declare a state of emergency, how does he have "war powers" allowing him to wage war without congress voting on it?
alteredstates
alteredstates
  • Threads: 0
January 16th, 2019 at 2:57:53 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I read that they are in the process of calling some people back. Hopefully the good ones and not just doing it on seniority or something typical like that. Not really sure, but have also been reading about the Reduction In Force(RIF) rules. Would be wonderful if somehow this shutdown could be used to remove some of these entrenched incompetents.

Employees will get recalled or retained based solely on whether their function makes them "excepted" from the shutdown, according to that agency's contingency plan for lapsed appropriations. The charts in these contingency plans, as far as I've seen, have no column for "entrenched incompetents." The job you have makes you essential, regardless of how well you actually do it.

Plausibly, if an excepted employee just refused to report, he/she could get terminated. So, there's that silver lining.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 16th, 2019 at 3:17:55 PM permalink
The Senate and House Dems seem to think that having the State of the Union during the shutdown is dangerous.

No one actually providing security has said that yet.

I guess the Speaker is trying to rescind the invitation without actually doing so...c'mon, Madame Speaker, just say that you don't want the President to have as much time as he wants on TV.

Saying it would be more genuine.

...and yes, I do know "my side" does similar things. I would likely not mention it if people on the "other side" were not so anxious to state everything done by "my side" that they say as wrong.

Someone said something about the President paying for silence. I get that it is an issue. Can we get bi-partisan support for opening up the records of the Congressional slush fund used to pay people off? At least we know the President did it; the only real question is the legality of HOW it was done. We don't know who did what to get paid off from a fund that comes out of our pockets, not the President's...
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 16th, 2019 at 3:29:17 PM permalink
"Multiple reports indicate that the U.S. Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security both reject Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s stated reason for asking the President of the United States to postpone the State of the Union address."

Peter Alexander

@PeterAlexander
Secret Service is fully ready to offer full protection during the #SOTU, a sr. law enforcement official tells @petewilliamsnbc.
"It's a no-fail mission," the official says.
Though USSS personnel are not being paid, the intelligence & protection functions are fully staffed.

Elizabeth Landers

@ElizLanders
A senior DHS official tells me that Speaker Pelosi’s claim regarding security concerns surrounding the State of the Union during a shutdown has “zero” credibility... “It is a serious event but one we can handle.”

Cortney O'Brien
‏@obrienc2

Fox News's John Roberts says a DHS official told him that no one from Pelosi's office called the Secret Service to ask if they had concerns about SOTU before she sent that letter.
billryan
billryan
January 16th, 2019 at 3:34:19 PM permalink
Secret Service doesn't provide security for the Capitol. Not sure how involved DHS is, as that is an umbrella agency. As the Capitol is closed to the public, I would guess many of the Uniformed Capitol Police are on furlough. In any event, the agencies involved certainly are being strained by the constraints of the shutdown.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 16th, 2019 at 3:36:38 PM permalink
Chad Pergram
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
58m
Pelosi spox: The Office of the Spkr has been contacted by a furloughed DHS employee who expressed serious concerns that the dept has insufficient staffing levels to sufficiently manage the security needs for the upcoming State of the Union..due to furloughs of critical staff

(Twitter)
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 16th, 2019 at 3:41:17 PM permalink
Why is Joan Rivers trying to tell the president what to do? I thought the weekend at Bernie’s stuff was a joke.
rxwine
rxwine
January 16th, 2019 at 3:43:11 PM permalink

"Multiple reports indicate that the U.S. Secret Service and the Department of Homeland Security both reject Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi’s stated reason for asking the President of the United States to postpone the State of the Union address.

Pfft Trump set the standard as you can simply announce something contrary to facts, whether against the justice department, your own AG and the FBI as in fact all agencies of the intelligence services and their recommendations. Get rid of this Trump fella or live with the BS.

Pelosi says it's not safe. It's not safe.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2019 at 3:44:58 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Chad Pergram
Chad Pergram
@ChadPergram
·
58m
Pelosi spox: The Office of the Spkr has been contacted by a furloughed DHS employee who expressed serious concerns that the dept has insufficient staffing levels to sufficiently manage the security needs for the upcoming State of the Union..due to furloughs of critical staff

(Twitter)

Imagine that. Someone unhappy with not being paid is trying to get paid.

Funny how it only comes up AFTER Pelosi takes a bit of heat for their being no proof of an issue with security.

Do we actually know it was a DHS employee?

Government by unnamed sources...
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 16th, 2019 at 3:46:29 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Secret Service doesn't provide security for the Capitol. Not sure how involved DHS is, as that is an umbrella agency. As the Capitol is closed to the public, I would guess many of the Uniformed Capitol Police are on furlough. In any event, the agencies involved certainly are being strained by the constraints of the shutdown.

True, but SOTU is always a nightmare because the entire govt is under one (targetable) roof. SS is very involved and it's a huge use of resources for all security.
RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2019 at 3:47:21 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Pelosi says it's not safe. It's not safe.

Isn't her usual standard more like "we have to have the State of the Union to find out if it is safe to have the State of the Union"?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 16th, 2019 at 3:54:31 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Imagine that. Someone unhappy with not being paid is trying to get paid.

Funny how it only comes up AFTER Pelosi takes a bit of heat for their being no proof of an issue with security.

Do we actually know it was a DHS employee?

Government by unnamed sources...

It's really not funny. None of them discuss SS procedures and assignments, SS least of all. We aren't told about a huge number of issues.

I don't find Kirsten whosis a credible source with any awareness of what her department is doing, so her claiming otherwise is less than meaningless.

That said, I would bet it was a DHS employee. People whose job includes taking a bullet for the protectee do not like the SOTU at all - it's usually their hardest job.of the year. I can also see Pelosi making political hay out of it.
RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2019 at 4:11:59 PM permalink

It's really not funny. None of them discuss SS procedures and assignments, SS least of all. We aren't told about a huge number of issues.

I don't find Kirsten whosis a credible source with any awareness of what her department is doing, so her claiming otherwise is less than meaningless.

That said, I would bet it was a DHS employee. People whose job includes taking a bullet for the protectee do not like the SOTU at all - it's usually their hardest job.of the year. I can also see Pelosi making political hay out of it.

I don't find "unknown sources" to be all that credible.

I have experience in DC that I don't make a point of telling everyone about, and I do get the fact that certain events are hated by the people who do the protecting of the principles.

I'm okay with calling the thing off or delaying it...I am not convinced that it is EVER a very safe thing to gather most of the government in one place.

I take security seriously.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 16th, 2019 at 4:13:32 PM permalink
Ginsberg's office is now saying she won't
be back till sometime in Feb. There is no
process to get rid of her. There are lots
of instances in the past where they
remained in the post for years and
never showed up in court. In the 1880's
one justice was certifiably insane for
12 years, described as a 'babbling lunatic'
by his colleagues. He finally died. Ginsberg
will take that route also.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2019 at 4:23:51 PM permalink

Like I said, if they have to pull a Weekend at Bernie’s till 2020 or 2024, they will.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 16th, 2019 at 4:29:30 PM permalink

Like I said, if they have to pull a Weekend at Bernie’s till 2020 or 2024, they will.

Doubtful. This isn't 1880 anymore.
The court will be seriously hamstrung,
and these are important decisions.
She would be forced to resign.
There's no tie breaking vote, any
tie is considered a non decision.
Great if that works for your case,
majorly sucks if it doesn't.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
beachbumbabsSOOPOO
January 16th, 2019 at 4:38:12 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

.I am not convinced that it is EVER a very safe thing to gather most of the government in one place.

I take security seriously.

I don't think we should gather all 3 branches of govt under 1 roof anymore.
This is the era of mass communication and this is the era of weapons doing massive damage
We should change the custom
Have the SOTU given from the WH on live TV
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 16th, 2019 at 4:52:43 PM permalink

She had open-chest surgery. It takes a long time to recover. They have to break the sternum to get in there (usually). My mom took about 7 weeks and she was 71 in extreme good health. But RBG's home, which means she's doing ok, not in a care faciltiy. And they didn't addle her brain. She'll be fine, and she'll be back.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
RogerKint
January 16th, 2019 at 4:52:50 PM permalink
I see nobody is arguing with me about
the likability of Kamala Harris. You can't
argue, she's a witch on wheels, just
like Hillary. Trying to show she's actually
human in the pathetic mix tape video
shows she knows she has a huge problem.

Too late to fix it now. Either you're likable
or you're not, it's not something you
can fake. Ask Hillary or Fauxcahontas..
They know.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 16th, 2019 at 5:00:58 PM permalink

They know.

No argument. She's not likeable. But she can very much be respected, and is. We'll see if it translates.

I like Amy Klobuchar better. But Harris might well be a better President. I like both of them better than any other candidate I'm aware of. I think Biden missed his best chance. The rest...not so much.

I'd like to see Kasich run against Trump/Pence, whoever it is by then, in the primaries. I still think it's more likely than not that Trump resigns. They've got his kids cold, all 4 of them, and probably him too.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 16th, 2019 at 5:11:55 PM permalink

No argument. She's not likeable. But she can very much be respected, and is. We'll see if it translates.

I like Amy Klobuchar better. But Harris might well be a better President. I like both of them better than any other candidate I'm aware of. I think Biden missed his best chance. The rest...not so much.

I'd like to see Kasich run against Trump/Pence, whoever it is by then, in the primaries. I still think it's more likely than not that Trump resigns. They've got his kids cold, all 4 of them, and probably him too.

Lol! Same garbage wishful people have been saying for months about DTJr. Now it’s all 4? That’s Rich.

Still wondering why you said people shouldn’t buy non refundable airline tickets? Do you really think airlines would not honor them because a flight was canceled? If they don’t make it through security, that’s on them, however I still think if they followed airlines time guidelines, they would be placed on another flight, as a low priority.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 16th, 2019 at 5:15:50 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Lol! Same garbage wishful people have been saying for months about DTJr. Now it’s all 4? That’s Rich.

Still wondering why you said people shouldn’t buy non refundable airline tickets? Do you really think airlines would not honor them because a flight was canceled? If they don’t make it through security, that’s on them, however I still think if they followed airlines time guidelines, they would be placed on another flight, as a low priority.

Yes, I still recommend non-refundables. Things are getting tighter and tighter behind the scenes. And no, I don't think the airlines will honor tickets in all cases. They haven't for years, and this isn't the airlines' fault, which means you have little legal recourse, just good pr if they help.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
January 16th, 2019 at 5:18:15 PM permalink

If you add up the stuff SDNY, NY State, and Mueller are working on, yes, all 4 (eldest 3 + Jared). If Trump can cut a deal that gets all 4 (5 including him) off all those potential charges, and all he has to do is resign, he'll go.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
ams288rxwine
January 16th, 2019 at 5:34:09 PM permalink

They know.

I suppose taking people ignoring you as evidence they are in agreement with you works .
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
ams288mcallister3200
January 16th, 2019 at 5:45:35 PM permalink

I recommend always buying nonrefundable. The only time I recommend refundable is if the cost is just slightly higher. Its rare but I do see it, mostly international business class.
If you buy nonref then cancel later, ticket holds valu for 1 year minus penalties.
The general rule on changing flights.
Involuntary changes. You didn't want to change but have to due to circumstances beyond your control on day of travel. Flight cancellations, severe delays, miss connect ect. Airline will put you on the next flight at no additional cost.
There is also a rule many people are unaware of. The flat tire rule. On the way to the airport, you get a flat tire, you miss your flight, they put you on the next flight at no cost. This applies to the major carriers. If you are late due to TSA, carrier should put you on the next flight at no cost. Again, this applies to major carriers.
If you buy nonrefundable and airline cancels due to weather, instead of getting protection on next available flight, you can cancel and get a refund.
Voluntary changes, pay difference in airfare plus penalties. That's my bread and butter, constantly changing and exchanging international tickets, often while the client is in the middle of travel.
terapined
terapined
January 16th, 2019 at 6:16:51 PM permalink

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households

This is rich
The Southern Poverty Law Center has labeled the center for immigration studies a hate group
The Center for Immigration Studies has filed a complaint with U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia regarding being labeled a hate group.
Cutting through all the legal mumbo jumbo, the case amounts to CIS claiming its illegal for SPLC to label and list CIS as a hate group.
WTF
CIS is pretty much saying another group cannot have an opinion on CIS and make it public
https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-immigration-group-files-rico-suit-against-southern-poverty-law-center-over-hate-group-label?ref=home
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
January 16th, 2019 at 7:33:46 PM permalink
CNN is reporting that Rudy Giuliani has stated that DJT did not collude with Russia but can't say if campaign aides did. My how the story keeps changing. Lie after lie exposed.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 16th, 2019 at 7:43:42 PM permalink

This is what I mean by skeletons. She
had a sketchy run as a prosecutor
and AG of Calif.

It should matter to us that Harris, the ardent criminal justice reformer, not only did little to enact reform during her years as a prosecutor but backed harsh, punitive policies that undermined her own progressive rhetoric on the issue. It should matter that she at times did so needlessly, taking a harsher stance than her right-wing opponents. It should matter that she repeatedly attempted to keep an innocent man locked up in prison and attempted to defend a falsified confession.

Add that to the fact that she's totally
unlikable, only got her position of
AG because she was screwing Willie
Brown, and got to be a senator
because Brown talked Antonio Villaraigosa
into not running, making it a sure
thing for Harris to win.

The right will uncover every unseenly
thing she did to get where she is,
and she'll go nuts because she has
a really bad temper.. Good times..
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
January 16th, 2019 at 7:46:43 PM permalink
The sky is falling
The sky is falling

Trump signs law ensuring shutdown pay for government workers
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/politics/trump-signs-backpay-bill-government-shutdown/index.html

Here is something interesting:
Average Federal Employee Salary:
https://www.fedsmith.com/2018/02/24/average-federal-employee-salary-states-compare/
District of Columbia $115,594
Maryland $108,491
Virginia $102,311

states from lowest to highest
WYOMING $63,148.87
MONTANA $64,420.37
IDAHO $65,172.64
SOUTH DAKOTA $65,911.53
KENTUCKY $68,913.19
NORTH DAKOTA $70,062.80
UTAH $70,252.06
ARIZONA $71,426.44
MISSISSIPPI $71,473.72
NEW MEXICO $71,698.00
MISSOURI $72,551.56
NEBRASKA $73,387.12
ARKANSAS $73,516.55
KANSAS $73,615.66
IOWA $74,280.25
INDIANA $74,453.30
NEVADA $74,516.81
OREGON $74,547.92
TENNESSEE $75,740.56
MAINE $75,759.45
WISCONSIN $75,785.50
LOUISIANA $75,999.84
OKLAHOMA $76,653.58
HAWAII $77,122.04
SOUTH CAROLINA $77,134.19
PENNSYLVANIA $77,295.33
WEST VIRGINIA $77,937.78
ALABAMA $78,364.71
MICHIGAN $80,122.86
VERMONT $80,132.75
MINNESOTA $80,669.03
FLORIDA $80,776.96
TEXAS $81,402.22
NORTH CAROLINA $81,849.55
DELAWARE $82,887.88
OHIO $83,016.96
WASHINGTON $83,270.20
ALASKA $85,065.89
RHODE ISLAND $85,170.58
NEW YORK $85,819.21
CALIFORNIA $85,938.54
COLORADO $86,809.78
MASSACHUSETTS $87,432.45
GEORGIA $88,158.38
ILLINOIS $89,194.30
NEW HAMPSHIRE $89,514.02
CONNECTICUT $90,130.75
NEW JERSEY $94,203.59
VIRGINIA $102,311.46
MARYLAND $108,490.57
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA $115,593.71

My goodness, now I can understand why all those federal employees cannot make ends meet during the shutdown (sarcasm)
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
terapined
terapined
January 16th, 2019 at 8:04:58 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

CNN is reporting that Rudy Giuliani has stated that DJT did not collude with Russia but can't say if campaign aides did. My how the story keeps changing. Lie after lie exposed.

You gotta love Rudy
I chuckle every time he gives an interview
Comedy gold
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 16th, 2019 at 8:13:12 PM permalink
This is really a wonderful example of what
a sham 'white privilege' is. This black
woman from CNN accuses David Webb,
a black conservative from Fox, of getting
where he is thru his white privilege.
This is priceless beyond belief:

terapined
terapined
January 16th, 2019 at 8:28:12 PM permalink

My goodness, now I can understand why all those federal employees cannot make ends meet during the shutdown (sarcasm)

The public is pretty much blaming Trump and the Republicans for the shutdown
So of course
Some conservatives are pushing the shut down as no big deal.
ROTFL
Is this the same point Republicans were pushing during the last shutdown when Obama was President. Of course not.
Why not go all in and state that the shutdown is the best thing since sliced bread.
Go for the big lie like Trump
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 16th, 2019 at 8:36:56 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

The public is pretty much blaming Trump

Um, uh, Trump owned the shutdown
before he did it. He said it would be
on him this time, his shutdown. Why
would the public blame anybody else.
Duh..
rxwine
rxwine
January 16th, 2019 at 9:22:09 PM permalink
I guess it's the immensity of Trump's rogue gallery of former staff that I thought maybe Jared Kushner was just the boyfriend with not much history.

Quote:

As the U.S. attorney for New Jersey before he became governor, (Chris) Christie prosecuted Charles Kushner, Jared's father, for tax evasion, witness tampering and making unlawful campaign donation, and many in Washington believe that in winning a conviction in that case Christie lost any chance of holding a post in the Trump administration.

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
January 16th, 2019 at 10:22:53 PM permalink

This is rich
The Southern Poverty Law Center has labeled the center for immigration studies a hate group
The Center for Immigration Studies has filed a complaint with U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia regarding being labeled a hate group.
Cutting through all the legal mumbo jumbo, the case amounts to CIS claiming its illegal for SPLC to label and list CIS as a hate group.
WTF
CIS is pretty much saying another group cannot have an opinion on CIS and make it public
https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-immigration-group-files-rico-suit-against-southern-poverty-law-center-over-hate-group-label?ref=home

The SPLC is a radical hate group with an imaginary list full of false accusations where they project their deficiencies onto other groups.🤗
ams288
ams288
January 17th, 2019 at 5:16:57 AM permalink

This is why I love this shutdown. It consistently reaffirms how out of touch righties are with the common man.

AOC: Lets tax income over $10 million at 70%.
Righties: *head explodes*

Trump: Let's force TSA agents who make $35k per year to work without pay until I can get Americans to fund the wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for
Righties: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
terapined
terapined
January 17th, 2019 at 5:41:59 AM permalink

This is why I love this shutdown. It consistently reaffirms how out of touch righties are with the common man.

I totally agree
Govt employees are not getting paid and conservatives are trying to convince the country its no big deal missing paychecks
Wow
Totally out of touch with the common man
terapined
terapined
January 17th, 2019 at 6:09:30 AM permalink

The SPLC is a radical hate group with an imaginary list full of false accusations where they project their deficiencies onto other groups.🤗

That's your opinion and I am fine by that
That's freedom. I totally support your freedom to publicly express your views and opinions even though I disagree with your views
Whats strange is
Center for immigration studies does not believe that another group is allowed to have a negative public opinion of them
That's anti-freedom
CIS is not just a hate group, they are a hate group against freedom
sad
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
Thanked by
RogerKintRSMaxPen
January 17th, 2019 at 8:03:45 AM permalink

I love the shutdown also. It consistently reaffirms how the lefties care more about illegal aliens than protecting the country.

I guess you do not have much in common with the "common man".

Now when I go, I gladly pay the big bucks to get the line pass. Nothing better than walking past all the commoners waiting in the 1-2 hour lines.

terapined
terapined
January 17th, 2019 at 8:25:47 AM permalink

I love the shutdown also. It consistently reaffirms how the lefties care more about illegal aliens than protecting the country.

Fake news
Its such BS to claim that Dems care more about illegals then protecting the border
Its not BS to claim Fleaswatter and some other conservatives dont get the fact that missing a paycheck hurts and ignore the pain of the common man. Sad
Both sides care about border security. Both sides have always cared about border security
The dispute is how much money and for what
There are a lot of high tech tools we can use to protect the border and we should invest in that
The wall is ancient tech, will not secure the border and a waste of tax payers money
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
January 17th, 2019 at 9:24:54 AM permalink

I totally agree
Govt employees are not getting paid and conservatives are trying to convince the country its no big deal missing paychecks
Wow
Totally out of touch with the common man

More of them are going to start to care, there is now a measurable economic impact:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/government-shutdown-economy.html

Quote:

The analysis, and other projections from outside the White House, suggests that the shutdown has already weighed significantly on growth and could ultimately push the United States economy into a contraction.

Quote:

Mr. Hassett said on Tuesday that the administration now calculates that the shutdown reduces quarterly economic growth by 0.13 percentage points for every week that it lasts

They don't care about individuals out of work or working and not being paid, but they do care about their personal wealth.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
tringlomane
January 17th, 2019 at 9:26:50 AM permalink

I guess you do not have much in common with the "common man".

lol... because I gladly pay for a line pass at an amusement park?

That’s a stretch. (And kinda creepy that you took the time to dig up that old post from a non-politics thread).

EDIT: I never said I have anything in common with the "common man," so I'm not sure why I even bothered responding to this nonsense.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RSMaxPen
January 17th, 2019 at 9:43:21 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

More of them are going to start to care, there is now a measurable economic impact:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/government-shutdown-economy.html

They don't care about individuals out of work or working and not being paid, but they do care about their personal wealth.

I'd rather the electorate be concerned with their own personal wealth than be concerned with mine.
100% risk of ruin
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 17th, 2019 at 9:49:01 AM permalink
You can say we are obsessed with the female lunatic congresswoman from NY, but it’s also obvious she is obsessed with the camera and attention. Seems like a young Anthony Weiner, always in front of a camera. Hopefully we don’t have to see the pics she sends out.

Any truth she said she was proud to be going to Washington and booked a flight to Seattle?
  • Jump to: