Thread Rating:

petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 19th, 2018 at 6:29:30 PM permalink
"Meanwhile, Benghazi survivor and former Army ranger Kris Paronto - who lost his security clearance years ago after telling his account of the Benghazi attack - slammed Brennan in a Thursday tweet which reads: "My principles are greater than clearances too John, especially when you and the @CIA kool-aid drinkers punished us for not going along with the Benghazi cover-up story in order to protect you, @HillaryClinton ‘s & @BarackObama ‘s failures. You put your politics before us."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-19/furious-john-brennan-may-sue-trump-after-security-clearance-revoked?page=3#comment-12217192
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 19th, 2018 at 9:42:18 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

"Meanwhile, Benghazi survivor and former Army ranger Kris Paronto - who lost his security clearance years ago after telling his account of the Benghazi attack - slammed Brennan in a Thursday tweet which reads: "My principles are greater than clearances too John, especially when you and the @CIA kool-aid drinkers punished us for not going along with the Benghazi cover-up story in order to protect you, @HillaryClinton ‘s & @BarackObama ‘s failures. You put your politics before us."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-19/furious-john-brennan-may-sue-trump-after-security-clearance-revoked?page=3#comment-12217192

I'm guessing you never found anything about the nine hundred clappers you seeming made up out of thin air.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 19th, 2018 at 10:57:18 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm guessing you never found anything about the nine hundred clappers you seeming made up out of thin air.

you seeming made up out of thin air.
Last edited by: petroglyph on Aug 19, 2018
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
August 20th, 2018 at 3:52:29 AM permalink

"Truth isnt truth"

Rudy Guiliani - Last night on Chuck Todd
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 20th, 2018 at 4:27:33 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I didn't make it racist. It was reported that something was said (verbally) that made it racist. I don't have the quote.

If the media says something is racist and it is obvious that is it is only being called racist because someone called a government incompetent and that incompetent government happens to be made of mostly one race, it is our obligation to sort through the bullshit and not allow the "racist" label to just be tossed around willy-nilly. By posting it, with no source or anything, you made it look like your opinion.

So, yes, you made it racist.

I lived near DC. I lived in PG county for a long time. Both are predominantly black areas. Both governments (school boards, councils, etc.) were less than competent. It had nothing to do with race. It had to do with the people who were in office. If it was "racist" in some way, they would have helped one race over the other. In truth, they really helped no one and had a lot of corruption.

The term 'racist" is way overused.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 20th, 2018 at 4:34:16 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The term 'racist" is way overused.

Bulls%*+

Only white conservatives seem to think this.

I can only imagine why...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
August 20th, 2018 at 5:27:06 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Bulls%*+

So you say. The problem with simply calling everything involving race "racist" is that the term loses meaning and force. Where "racism" exists, it should be fought and fought hard.

Further, I take umbrage with your insinuation that because I am white and lean conservative that I must also be racist simply because I am willing to say that I believe words tossed around too lightly lose impact over time. You have no argument to present about the point raised; you simply want to say "bullstuff" because it gives you a chance to call some group--and, by association, those that belong to that group. something.

It is as simple as this--if a government of a locality has proven incompetence over time (which, at least in my time living there, it did)--then it gains a reputation of being incompetent.

Here are some things easily found about continuing issues in DC....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/more-incompetence-and-negligence-in-the-district/2016/05/13/9b426a80-1878-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html?utm_term=.1b39ec94f559

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/26/metro-derailed-by-culture-of-complacence-incompete/

http://www.governing.com/columns/potomac-chronicle/col-despite-corrupt-politicians-district-of-columbia-improves-government-services.html

Corruption and incompetence comes in all races, colors, and political species. It should be the goal of all of us to stamp it out. I want all of the ethics investigations completed and every person in government treated by the same basic standard.

Your position seems to insinuate that we can't call the government of DC "incompetent" because it is composed of a certain group of people.

You can, and do, call Trump incompetent (using other words, but it is what lefties think) because you feel that he is...that opinion would not be racist if he was green, yellow, orange, or black.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2018 at 5:49:17 AM permalink

Further, I take umbrage with your insinuation that because I am white and lean conservative that I must also be racist simply because I am willing to say that I believe words tossed around too lightly lose impact over time.

And holocaust deniers aren't anti-Semites, they just think people make too big a deal about something that may or may not have happened many decades ago!

For the record, I don't think you're a racist. My original post was more directed at the hardcore Trumpsters who have been on a kick lately about denying the Orange Man's racism.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
petroglyphMooseton
August 20th, 2018 at 6:02:37 AM permalink

Bulls%*+

Free reign for this sort of trash around here. Cool I guess there’s precedent to expect it.

The only intent for a statement like that is to insult or troll, of course being careful to be general enough about it.
boymimbo
boymimbo
August 20th, 2018 at 6:25:43 AM permalink

So you say. The problem with simply calling everything involving race "racist" is that the term loses meaning and force. Where "racism" exists, it should be fought and fought hard.

It is as simple as this--if a government of a locality has proven incompetence over time (which, at least in my time living there, it did)--then it gains a reputation of being incompetent.

Corruption and incompetence comes in all races, colors, and political species. It should be the goal of all of us to stamp it out. I want all of the ethics investigations completed and every person in government treated by the same basic standard.

Your position seems to insinuate that we can't call the government of DC "incompetent" because it is composed of a certain group of people.

You can, and do, call Trump incompetent (using other words, but it is what lefties think) because you feel that he is...that opinion would not be racist if he was green, yellow, orange, or black.

I would say that Trump's motivation to single out DC politicians is at question here. The event is supposed to cost 94 million according to leaked estimates. DCs portion for cost was 21.4 million according to their mayor. The OMB did not supply estimates until a few days before Trump cancelled.

So why would Trump single out DC politicians when the great portion of the cost was borne by himself?

Trump doesn't understand that local authorities get reimbursed for the costs of extraordinary events.

He could have cancelled the event citing only its cost without lashing out at a group of people who were not responsible for the brunt of the cost. Instead he took a shot at a local government because?
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 20th, 2018 at 6:37:39 AM permalink

Bulls%*+

I'm white and lean Liberal.

The term, "Racist," is way overused.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
RonC
RonC
August 20th, 2018 at 6:40:19 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

I would say that Trump's motivation to single out DC politicians is at question here. The event is supposed to cost 94 million according to leaked estimates. DCs portion for cost was 21.4 million according to their mayor. The OMB did not supply estimates until a few days before Trump cancelled.

So why would Trump single out DC politicians when the great portion of the cost was borne by himself?

Trump doesn't understand that local authorities get reimbursed for the costs of extraordinary events.

If he did not understand that, why would he point out that he thought their estimate of the costs was too high? Don't tell me because he is now so politically savvy that he realized it would be a bad move to have them spend millions on his parade. I think the common position of lefties and McCain is that he is too incompetent to realize that his shoe is on the wrong foot, let alone a potential political issue in a city that won't vote in his favor anyway...

He could have cancelled the event citing only its cost without lashing out at a group of people who were not responsible for the brunt of the cost. Instead he took a shot at a local government because?

He lashed out at a government widely known to have a history of incompetence. Don't you remember he was against the establishment when he ran for office?

Calling it racist is easy, but he's called a lot of government agencies incompetent or worse and they are certainly not all run by one color or another.

He is a racist because he wants border security but there is a host of folks on the left that also wanted border security until he got elected. Were they also racist? No. They cared about our country but forgot about it so that they could oppose Trump. Trump's wall is 300 miles longer than one proposed by someone else. was that person racist?
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
mcallister3200
August 20th, 2018 at 6:41:52 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Free reign for this sort of trash around here. Cool I guess there’s precedent to expect it.

The only intent for a statement like that is to insult or troll, of course being careful to be general enough about it.

Who you calling trash?
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 20th, 2018 at 7:42:57 AM permalink

Who you calling trash?

You’re too intelligent to not know that I was calling a post and style of posting trash, not a person.

PS I liked this post. It was funny.
billryan
billryan
August 20th, 2018 at 10:49:09 AM permalink

You made a ridiculous, scandalous accusation . When asked for any sort of evidence, you distract and deflect.
Your lack of credibility seems intact.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 20th, 2018 at 11:03:57 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

When did President Trump become a racist?

That article contradicts itself.

It references several instances where Trump's treatment of minorities is seriously in question and made major headlines, and yet it also claims Trump's racial views were never an issue until the election.

The author answers his own question. When did Trump become a racist?

Early '70's at the latest.

Donald Trump's long history of racism.

Was Donald Trump never accused of racism before running against Democrats?

Whether or not someone thinks Trump is racist is one thing, but he has been at least ACCUSED of being racist for decades. It's not anything new.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 20th, 2018 at 11:54:24 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

You made a ridiculous, scandalous accusation . When asked for any sort of evidence, you distract and deflect.
Your lack of credibility seems intact.

First you insinuate that I am a liar. Now you say I lack credibility.

Can you show me where you think I am distracting and deflecting?

"
Quote:

You made a ridiculous, scandalous accusation

" You claim I made a ridiculous accusation [and scandalous]

I typed in military doesn't like wjc,, pages and pages of articles like this, :https://www.amazon.com/Dereliction-Duty-Eyewitness-Compromised-Americas/dp/0895260603"

I looked for you, just for you, although I knew better, and you have responded as I predicted. But there are volumes and volumes of story's of how the military was not fond of WJC. I didn't find the exact article that I read that reported that bill flew in clappers. I did respond with a link, just for you, that showed Trump has paid fans, as does every important politico that is campaigning. they all do it They all do, so is that such a far stretch for you to understand that WJC flew in people to cheer at a speech?

There were just to many articles for me to sift through for you, don't believe what I posted if you feel the info was incorrect or offends your sensibilities.

You inferring that I am a liar disgusts me,
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
Thanked by
OnceDear
August 20th, 2018 at 11:59:28 AM permalink
Trump may or may not be a racist. But he is definitely a racist opportunist.

That's much worse and way more dangerous.
billryan
billryan
August 20th, 2018 at 12:34:32 PM permalink

First you insinuate that I am a liar. Now you say I lack credibility.

Can you show me where you think I am distracting and deflecting?

"" You claim I made a ridiculous accusation [and scandalous]

I typed in military doesn't like wjc,, pages and pages of articles like this, :https://www.amazon.com/Dereliction-Duty-Eyewitness-Compromised-Americas/dp/0895260603"

I looked for you, just for you, although I knew better, and you have responded as I predicted. But there are volumes and volumes of story's of how the military was not fond of WJC. I didn't find the exact article that I read that reported that bill flew in clappers. I did respond with a link, just for you, that showed Trump has paid fans, as does every important politico that is campaigning. they all do it They all do, so is that such a far stretch for you to understand that WJC flew in people to cheer at a speech?

There were just to many articles for me to sift through for you, don't believe what I posted if you feel the info was incorrect or offends your sensibilities.

You inferring that I am a liar disgusts me,

Your own words confirm it. You stated Clinton flew 900 paid clippers to Europe and when asked for evidence you point out trump paid people in his lobby to wear a t-shirt. Somebody's nose is growing.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 20th, 2018 at 1:02:28 PM permalink

HAHA... from the summary:

"Lt. Col. Robert “Buzz” Patterson exposes the terrifying, behind-the-scenes story of the years when the most irresponsible President in our history had his finger on the nuclear trigger."

He might have to update the epilogue to his book....!

"In Dereliction of Duty, Patterson reveals:

How Clinton missed a golden opportunity to take out Osama bin Laden long before September 11, 2001
Why a minor “family matter” caused the Clintons to scramble a military jet
How a young Clinton staffer tried to divert a full Navy carrier battle group just so the President could have a photo-op
Why female stewards on Air Force One had to keep their distance from the President"

Ahh, the '90's.... When wasting gas in a military vehicle was considered scandalous. Sounds so tame compared to the world we live in nowadays...

EDIT: LOL... this just happened:

Trump compliments a Hispanic Border Patrol Agent for speaking perfect English.

Why wouldn't he speak perfect English? Oh, right, because he's brown, and brown people usually have trouble speaking American.
Last edited by: TigerWu on Aug 20, 2018
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
Mooseton
August 20th, 2018 at 3:25:27 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Why wouldn't he speak perfect English? Oh, right, because he's brown, and brown people usually have trouble speaking American.

This is why we don't take liberals seriously. The stuff you guys gripe about is just stupid.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 20th, 2018 at 3:40:15 PM permalink
Quote: RS

This is why we don't take liberals seriously. The stuff you guys gripe about is just stupid.

Oh, did you think I was a liberal, just because I hate Trump? I don't take them seriously, either.

But if you want to ignore Trump's racism, go ahead. Free country, and all. That's something I still believe in, unlike a lot of Conservatives.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 20th, 2018 at 3:48:41 PM permalink
Quote: RS

And the reason we don't' take conservatives seriously is because you support a lying scumbag for prez.

Having an honest and trustworthy role model for our children as POTUS is just one of the things we gripe about. I know I know, that's not as important as "winning"....whatever the hell that means.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 20th, 2018 at 3:59:12 PM permalink
Quote:

President Donald Trump invited a U.S. Border Patrol agent to the podium during a White House event to pay tribute to federal immigration officials and joked that the agent could speak “perfect English.”
Trump asked the agent, Adrian Anzaldua, to discuss his apprehension of a smuggler accused of locking 78 migrants inside a truck near Laredo, Texas, about a week ago.

Racist or clueless lout, pick one.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 20th, 2018 at 4:07:43 PM permalink
Oh, wait a minute! I think I have this figured out:

Liberals: Offended by overt racism.

Conservatives: Offended by tan suits and mustard.

I know which side I have more in common with, but like I said... free country.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2018 at 4:41:53 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Racist or clueless lout, pick one.

Why pick? He’s both.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Thanked by
terapined
August 20th, 2018 at 7:46:18 PM permalink

If he did not understand that, why would he point out that he thought their estimate of the costs was too high?

So why didn't he say a word about the other 73 million?

Quote:

He is a racist because he wants border security but there is a host of folks on the left that also wanted border security until he got elected. Were they also racist? No. They cared about our country but forgot about it so that they could oppose Trump. Trump's wall is 300 miles longer than one proposed by someone else. was that person racist?

You make it seem like the only reason people think he is racisit is because of his immigration policy and you point out particularly the southern border.

Meanwhile he has tweeted dozens of times promoting Islamiphobia. He called for a complete Muslim ban. He has disparaged mainly black football players for kneeling for the national anthem. He called protestors at Charlottesville "some very fine people". And on and on. His senior black Whitehouse staff member was Omarosa who he recently denigrated as a "dog". And the accounts of racism both on the public record and by private accounts occurs long before his campaign,, including his testimony against the Pequots in thea90s,, reneging on hiring black dealers at his casinos, and so on!

And while BBB may have gone too far in suggesting the overtone in criticizing the DC government it is in line with the way he has been behaving against black people during his entire adult life.

I expected a higher standard from a President.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 21st, 2018 at 5:24:12 AM permalink

reneging on hiring black dealers at his casinos, and so on!

I expected a higher standard from a President.

I am not saying DJT is a fine, honorable man. I too expect a higher standard from our President.

But imagine CEO Trump. He is told whales like young Asian women dealers, not African American men. Is he racist for preferentially hiring the women? For preferentially giving them the more lucrative assignments?
He is told regular Baccarat players do not sit at tables with African American dealers. Is he a racist for not hiring them when he has openings for Baccarat dealers?

It is likely it is illegal for him to exclude the AA applicants based on race, but in my mind that is not like him saying "I hate AA men" (that would be racist).

Is a man or woman who only dates people of the same race as themself a racist?
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
August 21st, 2018 at 5:31:28 AM permalink
Quote:

Trump's wall is 300 miles longer than one proposed by someone else. was that person racist?

Did that other person claim that everyone trying to cross the southern border is a rapist?
darkoz
darkoz
August 21st, 2018 at 5:35:18 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am not saying DJT is a fine, honorable man. I too expect a higher standard from our President.

But imagine CEO Trump. He is told whales like young Asian women dealers, not African American men. Is he racist for preferentially hiring the women? For preferentially giving them the more lucrative assignments?
He is told regular Baccarat players do not sit at tables with African American dealers. Is he a racist for not hiring them when he has openings for Baccarat dealers?

It is likely it is illegal for him to exclude the AA applicants based on race, but in my mind that is not like him saying "I hate AA men" (that would be racist).

Its the same logic why you dont see any male stewardesses hired by the airlines and female stewardesses must retire by age 35

Because the airlines realize the passengers want that

OOPS MY BAD thats outdated thinking from the 1960's
darkoz
darkoz
August 21st, 2018 at 5:35:31 AM permalink

Its the same logic why you dont see any male stewardesses hired by the airlines and female stewardesses must retire by age 35

ams288
ams288
August 21st, 2018 at 6:26:22 AM permalink

Careful, Sarah! Deporting Nazis will upset a large part of Trump’s base...
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 21st, 2018 at 6:42:10 AM permalink

Quote: darkoz

Totally agree
I would not make a decision to accommodate racist customers
I am pretty proud to work for a company that hires based on skills
If I found my company was racist in hiring or assigning positions.
I would leave. If that means a pay cut. So be it.
If I owned a casino and a whale came in with a KKK hat, I'd show him the door
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
petroglyph
August 21st, 2018 at 7:20:52 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

If I owned a casino and a whale came in with a KKK hat, I'd show him the door

Really? Would you do the same if he had a BLM hat on? So you, terapined, decide who can come into your casino but DJT can't decide who comes into his? Got it.....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 21st, 2018 at 7:26:23 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Are you really trying to say that a 'whale' might not prefer a casino that surrounds him with nubile blond dealers compared to the other casino that surrounds him with totally competent African American men? I am not disagreeing that there are many (most, actually) jobs that race or gender should have absolutely no influence over who is hired....... But there are some jobs that do. Have you ever been to Hooters?
ams288
ams288
August 21st, 2018 at 7:46:01 AM permalink

Really? Would you do the same if he had a BLM hat on?

Are you *seriously* equating the KKK with Black Lives Matter?

Garbage like that shows why BLM is absolutely necessary...
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 21st, 2018 at 9:40:46 AM permalink

Are you really trying to say that a 'whale' might not prefer a casino that surrounds him with nubile blond dealers compared to the other casino that surrounds him with totally competent African American men? I am not disagreeing that there are many (most, actually) jobs that race or gender should have absolutely no influence over who is hired....... But there are some jobs that do. Have you ever been to Hooters?

But why should only Hooters or high rolling casinos only get to make more money with this argument? I imagine it works in other professions to some extent as well.

Retire early or keep your looks competitive. That's the ticket.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
August 21st, 2018 at 9:47:25 AM permalink
Perhaps the utter lack of blacks in the West Wing is because trumps patron doesn't want them around.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 21st, 2018 at 11:27:08 AM permalink

Are you *seriously* equating the KKK with Black Lives Matter?

Garbage like that shows why BLM is absolutely necessary...

I of course know they are different. KKK starts with a definite racist ideology. BLM hides their racist ideology, at least a little. I think I need to start a poll....
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 21st, 2018 at 11:29:16 AM permalink

Really? Would you do the same if he had a BLM hat on? So you, terapined, decide who can come into your casino but DJT can't decide who comes into his? Got it.....

I have protested with BLM. I have black friends that I work with. They are concerned about their childrens lives. They are actually scared for their kids. We are protesting out of love, not hate.
I remember you posting about your Black friends and how they are concerned about their children. In this instance you said you supported BLM.
Changed your mind
Why
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 21st, 2018 at 11:41:00 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I have protested with BLM. I have black friends that I work with. They are concerned about their childrens lives. They are actually scared for their kids. We are protesting out of love, not hate.
I remember you posting about your Black friends and how they are concerned about their children. In this instance you said you supported BLM.
Changed your mind
Why

I do support the concept that the police need to not violate the rights of all citizens, and of course that includes Black citizens. I believe the movement and membership of BLM is a group that leads to violence, and leads to LESS positive police involvement in Black communities, where police are needed more to protect the majority of law abiding citizens. I think in Chicago alone this weekend alone there were 58 shootings! How many bad shootings by cops have there been alleged by BLM in the entire United States in the past 5 years? I don't think it is 58.

So I stand with you on the concept that 'Black lives matter', but I believe the group and it's actions do more harm than good to effectuate the desired goal of saving Black lives.

I will remind you that in my real life I take care of many of the victims of guns and stabbings and beatings in the inner city, so it is real to me.
ams288
ams288
August 21st, 2018 at 11:48:29 AM permalink
Michael Cohen has reached a plea deal. Deal includes prison time.

Will plead guilty to campaign finance violations (amongst several other things).

Donald has a rally tonight at 7. Could be interesting...
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 21st, 2018 at 12:44:17 PM permalink

So I stand with you on the concept that 'Black lives matter', but I believe the group and it's actions do more harm than good to effectuate the desired goal of saving Black lives.

The same exact thing was said of the Civil Rights movement.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 21st, 2018 at 12:49:31 PM permalink

I do support the concept that the police need to not violate the rights of all citizens, and of course that includes Black citizens. I believe the movement and membership of BLM is a group that leads to violence, and leads to LESS positive police involvement in Black communities, where police are needed more to protect the majority of law abiding citizens. I think in Chicago alone this weekend alone there were 58 shootings! How many bad shootings by cops have there been alleged by BLM in the entire United States in the past 5 years? I don't think it is 58.

I will remind you that in my real life I take care of many of the victims of guns and stabbings and beatings in the inner city, so it is real to me.

I Googled black men shot to death by cops 2013-2018.

Got this.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

These are for 2017 and so far in 2018 only. No idea what BLM claims, but 227 blacks in 2017 alone. Total 987 deaths for that year. About 1/2 white, 1/4 black, rest other.

So, last 5 years, probably a huge amount larger than you thought. In 19 months, it's already about 7x that.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
August 21st, 2018 at 12:56:59 PM permalink

Got this.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

These are for 2017 and so far in 2018 only. No idea what BLM claims, but 227 blacks in 2017 alone. Total 987 deaths for that year. About 1/2 white, 1/4 black, rest other.

So, last 5 years, probably a huge amount larger than you thought. In 19 months, it's already about 7x that.

Great post, BBB, thanks! I love statistical data (even if it can be construed to say whatever the presenter wants... there are ways to read the raw data and cut out the BS).

Interesting: Whites make up 76.6% of the population, and blacks make up 13.4% of the population... yet of all shootings in 2017 (987) blacks made up 22.5% (223) of them. While not the 'massive difference' I was expecting, still significantly above the proportionate number. (population source: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045217 )

I wish this was a full in tact year data from 2018 to compare month to month/etc for 2017... because the numbers are skewed as of now since 2017 takes 6 extra months in to account... but by the way 2018 has 'been going' (aka trend analysis) it looks like we're pretty much on pace for the same numbers from 2017... so cops haven't learned they can't just shoot tons of people yet?

Always found it interesting that in the military, in a hostile foreign land, you still can not point your gun at an enemy until they have first pointed a gun at you... yet the first thing cops do is draw their weapons and point them at citizens...

Local police should be held to the same if not HIGHER standards than our military when it comes to pointing guns at people given the people the local police point them at are citizens of this very country.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 21st, 2018 at 1:09:02 PM permalink

Got this.

Come on BBB!!!! I am talking about INAPPROPRIATE shootings of Black men by cops, not all shootings! Every time there is even an allegation of inappropriateness it is big news now! BLM (at least in theory) is not against appropriate use of force by the police. 5 years of 'alleged bad cop shootings' in the ENTIRE USA is less than a SINGLE WEEKEND in Chicago for the poor Black citizens who live in the high crime areas. If my math is off by a few the concept still remains.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Romestringlomanedarkozgamerfreak
August 21st, 2018 at 1:52:38 PM permalink
Manafort guilty on 8 counts!

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to 8 counts (count 8 directly implicates Donald and the payment to Stormy. Guess that's not such a nothing burger...).

Grab the popcorn!
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 21st, 2018 at 2:01:09 PM permalink

Manafort guilty on 8 counts!

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to 8 counts (count 8 directly implicates Donald and the payment to Stormy. Guess that's not such a nothing burger...).

Grab the popcorn!

Wow, things got crazy real fast...

Trump better be careful he doesn't sprain his thumbs with his inevitable tweetstorm.

EDIT: He might be in rare form at his "I Love Me" rally tonight.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
August 21st, 2018 at 2:06:20 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Always found it interesting that in the military, in a hostile foreign land, you still can not point your gun at an enemy until they have first pointed a gun at you... yet the first thing cops do is draw their weapons and point them at citizens...

I believe that you are mistaken, for example, military snipers.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 21st, 2018 at 2:13:38 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

Always found it interesting that in the military, in a hostile foreign land, you still can not point your gun at an enemy until they have first pointed a gun at you...

I've never heard of that.... you can definitely point your weapon at someone, even if they're unarmed, in a combat zone.
  • Jump to: