Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 16th, 2018 at 11:58:13 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

The fact that was even a reason at all should be troubling to every single American.

And no way in hell Trump wrote that statement himself.

Regardless:

".....any benefits that senior officials might glean from consultations with Mr. Brennan are now outweighed by the risks posed by his erratic conduct and behavior."

"Mr. Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility."

"Additionally, Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status as a former high-ranking official with access to highly sensitive information to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations – wild outbursts on the internet and television..."

"Mr. Brennan’s lying and recent conduct, characterized by increasingly frenzied commentary, is wholly inconsistent with access to the Nation’s most closely held secrets and facilitates the very aim of our adversaries, which is to sow division and chaos."

LOL

If this isn't a textbook example of the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

Massive case of projection. Also gaslighting, to make his sins someone else's while denying he's done anything of the sort.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
August 16th, 2018 at 12:42:29 PM permalink
Quote:

Yeah, it is important for several reasons.

It stops current operatives from using those resources for identifying trends, previous issues that may be related, or their backdoor contacts who have built a conduit with that particular person.

Quote:

It disrupts efforts to understand and piece together the scope of Russian issues that possibly include many Trump administration and campaign people, including family members and Trump himself.

Quote:

It threatens other people who have information and/or jobs that depend on them maintainin their security clearances - "this could be you". Brennan's livelihood will likely be affected by this limitation.

Shouldn't be a threat is you are not doing something wrong. Why would Brennan's livelihood be affected? Because he can no longer possibly leak classified information which is against the law?

Quote:

Since the thing was dated July 26 and not released for a couple weeks, you have to figure they have an enemies list of them all stacked in a drawer, ready to roll out whenever it's convenient.

Quote:

It's very similar to what Putin and other autocrats do in kneecapping their political opposition. Attack the person, destroy their careers, hold others hostage to their whims. Next step is physical harm.

I think that Brennan has done the damage to himself.

Physical harm? Like Antifa? How about Maxine Waters' rants about accosting members of the White House?

Quote:

It's a basic violation and abuse of people's 1st Amendment rights. There was no claim by the Administration of any leak or violation of secure information, and no reported instance of it. So that leaves it as petty and vindictive retribution against a critic, not pertinent to his clearance status.

Why is this a violation of people's 1st Amendment rights? If we are talking about Brennan, just listen to the news and read his racist hiring New York Times article, obviously, he has freedom of speech. He does not have freedom of speech to leak classified information. Why does it seem liberals only care about free speech when it comes to one of their own. Just look at how liberals treat conservative speakers on college campuses.

As for any reported instance of leaking, true nothing has been reported about Brennan but if you consider the entire "enemies list" as you called it, James Comey has admitted leaking information to his friend so it would get into the press.

Quote:

Exponentially worse that it's coming from the Office of the President - an abhorrent abuse of the powers WE grant that office.

new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
  • Threads: 31
August 16th, 2018 at 12:44:58 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Re: Revoked Security Clearances

The revocation of certain security clearances may be a lot of things, but it is ridiculous to consider it an "attempt to silence a critic"...

Since when does a critic of the President (this one or any other one) need a valid security clearance to criticize the President?

It certainly CAN be a lot of other things, many of them not positive:

--you can lose "institutional knowledge" access
--it may look rather petty overall since the person likely is cleared, but you also have to have a "need to know" in order to access classified information. I had a clearance for many years; my job at various times did not have a "need to know", so it isn't like I could just go find classified stuff to read for the hell of it
--it breaks with traditions (though some traditions need broken)

The one thing it does do is fill the news cycle with additional unimportant stuff from both sides...some people will spend a lot of time reporting on this while ignoring other good or bad stories about the news of the day.

You are looking at the wrong picture. Why such a narrowed mind? Is it because of your desire to defend the racist, sexist, rapist, con-artist, and pathological liar trump at all cost?

The issue is not about Brennan, any citizen, or any critic; but it is all about presidential abuse of power.

Edit:
An update to include this article that I just recently read:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/16/william-mcraven-security-clearance-request-779989
Last edited by: 777 on Aug 16, 2018
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 16th, 2018 at 2:13:23 PM permalink
Party of fiscal responsibility
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
August 16th, 2018 at 2:18:44 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

James Comey has admitted leaking information to his friend so it would get into the press.

No, he didn't leak classified information. And if he did, Trump would have reason to revoke his clearance. Don't you think that he would relish such an opportunity?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/04/20/the-comey-memos-bolster-his-claim-that-he-didnt-leak-classified-information/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/04/23/comey-the-memos-and-the-question-of-whats-classified/

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/trump-wrong-on-comey-leak-mccabe-funds/

Need to get your facts straight.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 16th, 2018 at 2:32:31 PM permalink
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

I think this guy knows a helluva lot more about integrity and honesty than our POTUS. It's a shame...really.

"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," McRaven said of Trump.

"If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be," he added.

But yeah...Brennan is the one who is "scum".

Ridiculous.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 16th, 2018 at 2:52:48 PM permalink

Party of fiscal responsibility

Party of unbridled hypocrisy.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 16th, 2018 at 3:06:48 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

No, he didn't leak classified information. And if he did, Trump would have reason to revoke his clearance. Don't you think that he would relish such an opportunity?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/04/20/the-comey-memos-bolster-his-claim-that-he-didnt-leak-classified-information/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/04/23/comey-the-memos-and-the-question-of-whats-classified/

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/trump-wrong-on-comey-leak-mccabe-funds/

Need to get your facts straight.

I think I will wait until the Department of Justice completes their review. Then we both will get our facts straight.

"Memos leaked by former FBI Director James Comey contain information that is now considered classified, prompting the Justice Department's watchdog to review the matter, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday, citing people familiar with the matter."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/20/comey-memos-under-investigation-by-doj-watchdog-over-classified-information-wsj.html
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 16th, 2018 at 3:26:27 PM permalink

I think I will wait until the Department of Justice completes their review.

Probably a good idea, especially when making unsubstantiated claims about the matter.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 16th, 2018 at 3:44:03 PM permalink

Party of unbridled hypocrisy.

That's kind of the Evangelical Christian MO, really.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 16th, 2018 at 3:45:29 PM permalink

Shouldn't be a threat is you are not doing something wrong. Why would Brennan's livelihood be affected? Because he can no longer possibly leak classified information which is against the law?

Brennan post-CIA is a highly paid consultant by the government. He is among the top maybe 1/2 dozen most skilled and experienced foreign intelligence experts in the country. And it's to the government's advantage to have him there, no.matter how well he's paid. It keeps the brain trust available, avoids chasing false leads or going down roads previously traveled.

If he can't be in the briefings and look at the classified Intel they now have, or have access to classified archives and records of his time and beyond, his usefulness is ended.

He NEVER leaked. Trump is not accusing him of leaking. That's because there's not a single instance of him doing it.

Quote:

I think that Brennan has done the damage to himself.

Physical harm? Like Antifa? How about Maxine Waters' rants about accosting members of the White House?

No, like Putin killing political foes, having them beat up, stalking them in other countries, discrediting them through compromat. Like Duarte. Like Kim Jung Un.

Quote:

Why is this a violation of people's 1st Amendment rights? If we are talking about Brennan, just listen to the news and read his racist hiring New York Times article, obviously, he has freedom of speech. He does not have freedom of speech to leak classified information. Why does it seem liberals only care about free speech when it comes to one of their own. Just look at how liberals treat conservative speakers on college campuses.

As for any reported instance of leaking, true nothing has been reported about Brennan but if you consider the entire "enemies list" as you called it, James Comey has admitted leaking information to his friend so it would get into the press.

The Executive Branch does not have the right to silence free speech by punishing people for speaking their minds. If Brennan sues, I'll put money on his winning his FLRB case in front of an ALJ. But chances are he won't sue, based on what he said today.

And no, it's not going to shut him up. Good for him.

Comey showed his friend his UNCLASSIFIED, first-person notes from meetings. He didn't leak anything he didn't have authority to leak. If parts of that information were later classified, and I don't know what those were if any, it wasn't at the time.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 16th, 2018 at 3:46:06 PM permalink

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/politics/mcraven-trump-brennan-security-clearance-revoke/index.html

I think this guy knows a helluva lot more about integrity and honesty than our POTUS. It's a shame...really.

"Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don't know him," McRaven wrote.

"Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation," McRaven said of Trump.

"If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be," he added.

Ridiculous.

First off let me say that I have the utmost appreciation and respect for those who served in the military.

However, it is my opinion that the Admiral is doing some grandstanding. I wonder if he actually even has a current security clearance which can be revoked. The Admiral retired from the military on August 28, 2014. It is my understanding that upon leaving the military the clearance is inactivated and that it can be reinstated within the first 24 months of leaving the military, as long as that falls within the periodic re-investigation window.

https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/security-clearance-jobs/avoid-having-security-clearance-expire.html

After leaving the military he became the University of Texas System (UT System) Chancellor, a position which probably does not require a security clearance.

So while he wants his security clearance revoked, it could very likely be a moot point.
Last edited by: Fleaswatter on Aug 16, 2018
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
petroglyph
August 16th, 2018 at 3:58:30 PM permalink
Brennan explaining why he voted Communist in 1976.

Brennan denying his agency hacked into Senate Intelligence Committee computers, after he admitted months earlier that the CIA did conduct a 'search' of the Committee’s computers. "Obama Should Fire Brennan" - WAPO

“As far as the allegations of, you know, CIA hacking into, you know, Senate computers, nothing could be further from the truth. I mean, we wouldn’t do that. I mean, that’s — that’s just beyond the — you know, the scope of reason in terms of what we would do.”

Brennan apologizing for hacking into the Senate Intelligence Committee’s computers, and blaming it on five employees who were never named. If they exist at all. WAPO
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 16th, 2018 at 4:09:49 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Brennan explaining why he voted Communist in 1976.

Brennan denying his agency hacked into Senate Intelligence Committee computers, after he admitted months earlier that the CIA did conduct a 'search' of the Committee’s computers. "Obama Should Fire Brennan" - WAPO

“As far as the allegations of, you know, CIA hacking into, you know, Senate computers, nothing could be further from the truth. I mean, we wouldn’t do that. I mean, that’s — that’s just beyond the — you know, the scope of reason in terms of what we would do.”

Brennan apologizing for hacking into the Senate Intelligence Committee’s computers, and blaming it on five employees who were never named. If they exist at all. WAPO

LOL, Brennan is now the hero of the left.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 16th, 2018 at 5:32:51 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Brennan post-CIA is a highly paid consultant by the government.

Which government agency is/was paying Brennan? I don't believe MSNBC is the government.

Quote:

He is among the top maybe 1/2 dozen most skilled and experienced foreign intelligence experts in the country.

Pure speculation, I highly doubt this.

Quote:

He NEVER leaked. Trump is not accusing him of leaking. That's because there's not a single instance of him doing it.

Only time will tell.

Quote:

The Executive Branch does not have the right to silence free speech by punishing people for speaking their minds. If Brennan sues, I'll put money on his winning his FLRB case in front of an ALJ. But chances are he won't sue, based on what he said today.

He has no case. His free speech has not been silenced. Only his ability to possibly leak classified information.

Quote:

Comey showed his friend his UNCLASSIFIED, first-person notes from meetings. He didn't leak anything he didn't have authority to leak. If parts of that information were later classified, and I don't know what those were if any, it wasn't at the time.

Just because someone does not place any classification markings on notes does not mean that the notes do not contain classified information. If at a later time someone classifies the information, it just means that the information was originally classified but the originator unknowingly or purposely did not mark it as classified.

I could easily send you a PM with classified information but not mark it as classified. That does not make it unclassified.

By what authority did Comey leak memos about a meeting with the President?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 16th, 2018 at 6:11:58 PM permalink
So between Trump and Brennen whose security clearance needs to be revoked and probably should have never occurred in the first place?

(yes, I know Presidents basically just are gifted it, but still)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 16th, 2018 at 8:19:56 PM permalink

Ridiculous.

First off let me say that I have the utmost appreciation and respect for those who served in the military.

However, it is my opinion that the Admiral is doing some grandstanding. I wonder if he actually even has a current security clearance which can be revoked. The Admiral retired from the military on August 28, 2014. It is my understanding that upon leaving the military the clearance is inactivated and that it can be reinstated within the first 24 months of leaving the military, as long as that falls within the periodic re-investigation window.

https://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/security-clearance-jobs/avoid-having-security-clearance-expire.html

After leaving the military he became the University of Texas System (UT System) Chancellor, a position which probably does not require a security clearance.

So while he wants his security clearance revoked, it could very likely be a moot point.

He is retired, still in the military and collecting retired pay. The site you linked is for people who left the military, not for retirees.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 16th, 2018 at 8:58:05 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

He is retired, still in the military and collecting retired pay. The site you linked is for people who left the military, not for retirees.

He is retired but he is not in the military. The same rules concerning security clearances apply.
billryan
billryan
August 16th, 2018 at 9:22:17 PM permalink

He is retired but he is not in the military. The same rules concerning security clearances apply.

I believe you are mistaken. Retirees from military service don't receive pensions. They receive retirement pay, and are subject to recall.
Receiving retirement pay from the military is entirely different from retiring from the FBI, as one example. Retired soldiers are in the Individual Ready Reserve, and can be recalled to active duty. The FBI can't force a retired agent back to work. The military can and does. Many of my original classmates( Class of 1980) retired in May 2000 only to be order back in September 2001. Although I'm sure most, if not all, went willingly, they had no choice.
Last edited by: billryan on Aug 17, 2018
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 17th, 2018 at 7:39:05 AM permalink
I hear Trump cancelled the military parade
I am anti Trump
But
This was a real good decision
I csn give Trump a small credit
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 17th, 2018 at 8:28:59 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I am anti Trump
But

Haha... don't give him credit for not doing something that was stupid in the first place.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 17th, 2018 at 8:53:34 AM permalink
I'm glad to see that Trump would like to start a Space Force.

The name "Space Force" is a bit unfortunate (too Buck Rogers-ish) but the idea of developing technology so that we can eventually colonize other worlds is worth pursuing.

I fear however that just as we're destroying this world through ignorance and political blunders, so will history repeat itself on any new planets.

We really are our own worst enemy.

"To infinity, and beyond!"
"What, me worry?"
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 17th, 2018 at 9:06:25 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

The name "Space Force" is a bit unfortunate (too Buck Rogers-ish) but the idea of developing technology so that we can eventually colonize other worlds is worth pursuing.

We already have that. It's called NASA.

And a number of other private companies, like SpaceX and Virgin.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 17th, 2018 at 9:24:54 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

We really are our own worst enemy.

Truth.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
petroglyph
August 17th, 2018 at 9:51:20 AM permalink

Brennan has not lost any right to free speech. He can, and will, speak all that he wants. He also has no right to government consulting fees.

I dd not say that the President was "right" to take away his security clearance, which was the basis for most of what was said about my comment. I said that he has the "right" to do it. Hell, I even gave reasons why it may have been "wrong"....

You lefties attack things that are said by folks who are right of you even if they agree, at least partially, with your views.

There is little reason to say diddly squat in this arena because even things that agree with leftie positions are attacked....

Comey showed work product that was not his to show. His work product belongs to the FBI, not him. Imagine if every investigator showed a "friend" their notes--what chaos would ensue??? i don't know if that is officially a "leak' or just plain old "plain judgement"...whatever it is, it is anything but the right thing to do...
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
Steverinos
August 17th, 2018 at 10:03:41 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I am anti Trump
But

Make it very small, then. He made a veiled insult blaming the DC local authorities for running up the cost (almost entirely black, including the mayor), as opposed to his administration putting out bad information previously about the cost.

And, insult to injury, the WH or himself reportedly said he would schedule a trip to Paris for that day instead.

"That day" is November 11, 1918. 100 years to the day the Armistice was signed ending WWI, and a Federal Holiday that honors all US Veterans.

How tone deaf and disrespectful to our servicemen do you have to be to leave the country on that day? It's laughable that he claims NFL kneeling is disrespectful of servicemen and the flag, and then that's his backup plan.

So whatever points he gained by resentfully postponing (not cancelling, yet, that they're reporting) his Dear Leader glorification parade, he loses. Our President should be leading the country in remembrance and thanks, not running off to party elsewhere.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
MaxPen
August 17th, 2018 at 10:15:57 AM permalink
Five Thirty Eight has released their House control projection.

75% chance Dems take control? Wow, that’s just about the exact same odds they gave Hillary of winning on Election Day!

I’ve learned my lesson from 2016. I’ll be taking this stuff with a giant grain of salt....
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
RSMooseton
August 17th, 2018 at 10:39:04 AM permalink

Make it very small, then. He made a veiled insult blaming the DC local authorities for running up the cost (almost entirely black, including the mayor), as opposed to his administration putting out bad information previously about the cost.

Way to try and make everything racist. What a pile of crap you are spewing with that one...DC had a crappy government when I lived in the area; being crappy is not limited to one race or the other. We see that every day with politicians from both sides...

I found an actual source for what you say was "reportedly said"...you make it sound a lot different than it sounds in the tweet:

"...attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/17/politics/trump-cancels-military-parade/index.html

Armistice Day is not "just" a US Holiday...perhaps going to a parade in the country where the armistice was signed is not disrespectful at all...

"Armistice Day is commemorated every year on 11 November to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. The date is a national holiday in France, and was declared a national holiday in many Allied nations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_Day
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 17th, 2018 at 10:53:05 AM permalink
It's amazing how far republicans have debased themselves to support this conman.

Trump can take his ball and go to Paris on Veterans Day. See ya!
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 17th, 2018 at 11:12:35 AM permalink
I'm not offended at all by Trump going to Paris on November 11th. If it was any other year, MAYBE... but the 100th anniversary is a pretty big deal.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 17th, 2018 at 11:15:04 AM permalink

I'm not offended at all by Trump going to Paris on November 11th. If it was any other year, MAYBE... but the 100th anniversary is a pretty big deal.

The only thing I'm offended by is that if this was Obama doing this, republicans would cry foul and say he is disrespecting our military and veterans. Because...well...they are hypocrites.
billryan
billryan
August 17th, 2018 at 11:50:28 AM permalink
I'm not offended he is going to Paris for the 100th Anniversary of the end of the Great War For Civilization as it was then called.
I hope the world gathers there.
I am offended that eighteen months in he hasn't visited troops in the field. George Bush went to Iraq for Thanksgiving at great personal risk. I'm still surprised the Secret Service signed off on it. Trump visited the Coast Guard base down the road from his country club.
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
Mooseton
August 17th, 2018 at 12:14:03 PM permalink

The only thing I'm offended by is that if this was Obama doing this, republicans would cry foul and say he is disrespecting our military and veterans. Because...well...they are hypocrites.

What am I offended by is a bunch of people who think they know what everyone else will be offended by....

Obama or Trump, it is the 100th Anniversary of the end of a World War...celebrating with the other countries is appropriate in this case.

I don't see it as disrespectful at all.

Again, why do lefties have to be offended at EVERYTHING; there is enough to be offended by without finding offense in something like this...

...and if you are right and the right would have been offended by Obama going (I know I would not have been, if he was President), all you have really proven is that you are not any better, as a group, than the other group.
billryan
billryan
August 17th, 2018 at 12:32:46 PM permalink
I am an individual, not a group. I don't give a fig about being better than another group.
What I care about and strive for is to be better today than I was yesterday.
As far as the parade goes, it was just another stupid idea from a person with no filter.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 17th, 2018 at 12:33:51 PM permalink

Obama or Trump, it is the 100th Anniversary of the end of a World War...celebrating with the other countries is appropriate in this case.

I would completely agree with you if that was his plan all along. You could argue that it SHOULD'VE been the plan all along. But it wasn't. And now that it is, it smells of, "I can't have my parade? I'll show you. I'm going to Paris instead. And by the way, Omaraso, who I fired 3 times before offering her a job in the white house, and who I have praised over and over again in years past, is actually a low-life dog. Did I mention I only hire the best and brightest people? And I move on married women like b**ches?"

If you're not offended by this POS, check your compass.
RonC
RonC
August 17th, 2018 at 12:46:04 PM permalink

I would completely agree with you if that was his plan all along. You could argue that it SHOULD'VE been the plan all along. But it wasn't. And now that it is, it smells of, "I can't have my parade? I'll show you. I'm going to Paris instead. And by the way, Omaraso, who I fired 3 times before offering her a job in the white house, and who I have praised over and over again in years past, is actually a low-life dog."

His parade was never a great idea. There is a parade with the military fairly well represented every four years. We can wait.

Going to Paris is a better idea and is appropriate.

Deciding to go there is a better decision, even if it was not made in the way most of us would make a decision.
Steverinos
Steverinos
August 17th, 2018 at 12:47:22 PM permalink

His parade was never a great idea. There is a parade with the military fairly well represented every four years. We can wait.

Going to Paris is a better idea and is appropriate.

Agreed.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 17th, 2018 at 1:04:59 PM permalink

What am I offended by is a bunch of people who think they know what everyone else will be offended by....

I don't see it as disrespectful at all.

Again, why do lefties have to be offended at EVERYTHING; there is enough to be offended by without finding offense in something like this...

...and if you are right and the right would have been offended by Obama going (I know I would not have been, if he was President), all you have really proven is that you are not any better, as a group, than the other group.

If everybody is going to post what offends them about Trump going to Paris to give a speech, I'll chime in.

It offended me when Bill flew to Europe to give a Veterans day speech, and knowing that he wouldn't be popular with the military, because he to did not serve, the Clinton admin flew over with WJC's entourage 900 paid clappers to intermingle in the crowd. Nine hundred paid clappers.

If offends me just a bit about WW1, that it was supposed to be the war to end all wars, yet here we are listening to the same old diatribe about protecting us from enemy's most can't find on a map, whose entire gdp is much less than our overt military budget. Paying for 'iron domes' for our frenemy's around the globe.

We have national movements to disparage a school shooter to the point of removing our constitutional rights to bare arms, while being the largest supplier of weapons on the planet. We look forward to being lied to, by the very politicos we elect. We saddle our great grandchildren with debt, to wage war on enemy's only imagined.

Ain't nothing ever changed in a thousand years.

At least consider presidents that haven't been in the military, would actually be showing respect to our active duty troops, if they didn't give 'the' speech on military remembrance days, instead of standing up there at a podium reading off the page about virtue in waging death around the world for the moneychangers. my .02
Last edited by: petroglyph on Aug 17, 2018
billryan
billryan
August 17th, 2018 at 2:05:14 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

If everybody is going to post what offends them about Trump going to Paris to give a speech, I'll chime in.

It offended me when Bill flew to Europe to give a Veterans day speech, and knowing that he wouldn't be popular with the military, because he to did not serve, the Clinton admin flew over with WJC's entourage 900 paid clappers to intermingle in the crowd. Nine hundred paid clappers.
. my .02

I'm having a hard time finding anything about this on the internet. Strange when he was only President for eight such days.
Please provide some more information on this travesty. 900 people is three jumbo jets full. How does one get work like this?
TigerWu
TigerWu
August 17th, 2018 at 2:39:00 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I'm assuming Clinton gave dozens of speeches specifically to and about members of the military during his time in office for one reason or another. Did he hire paid clappers for each one of these speeches if he was supposedly so unpopular with the military?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
August 17th, 2018 at 4:22:40 PM permalink

Way to try and make everything racist. What a pile of crap you are spewing with that one...DC had a crappy government when I lived in the area; being crappy is not limited to one race or the other. We see that every day with politicians from both sides...

I found an actual source for what you say was "reportedly said"...you make it sound a lot different than it sounds in the tweet:

"...attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/17/politics/trump-cancels-military-parade/index.html

Armistice Day is not "just" a US Holiday...perhaps going to a parade in the country where the armistice was signed is not disrespectful at all...

"Armistice Day is commemorated every year on 11 November to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. The date is a national holiday in France, and was declared a national holiday in many Allied nations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_Day

I didn't make it racist. It was reported that something was said (verbally) that made it racist. I don't have the quote.
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 17th, 2018 at 5:14:59 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Please provide some more information on this travesty.

I will look around a bit? IIRC it was in his second term. He didn't leave the country for all 8 memorials, which would knock it down some.

Quote:

900 people is three jumbo jets full. How does one get work like this?

IDK? I think there are probably plenty of paiges, or volunteers that would gladly do it, just for a free ride to Europe?

A friends brother was something like a lobbyist in training for awhile, he didn't care which party it was, it was just his job following politico's around trying to get their attention.

I just remember reading it, I googled it but there is just so many pages, I don't really want to keep searching.

But I did find this, they probably all do it? I was aghast at that number myself, 900, geez.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/01/donald-trump-campaign-announcement-actors-fec
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
August 17th, 2018 at 6:06:40 PM permalink
When did President Trump become a racist?
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
Thanked by
petroglyph
August 17th, 2018 at 6:17:56 PM permalink

Ridiculous.

An Open Letter to Admiral William McRaven

http://usdefensewatch.com/2018/08/an-open-letter-to-admiral-william-mcraven/

not everybody sees it the same
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 17th, 2018 at 6:57:18 PM permalink
Senator Rand Paul says Brennan's security clearance should have been "removed for cause", after he told the world media about active US spy's in Yemen, while they were still on duty. Start at 1;20
]
billryan
billryan
August 17th, 2018 at 9:29:40 PM permalink

Ridiculous.

An Open Letter to Admiral William McRaven

http://usdefensewatch.com/2018/08/an-open-letter-to-admiral-william-mcraven/

not everybody sees it the same

You do realize that more people read that here than starmans usual crowd. An off the wall blogger vs 90 of the top former Intel chiefs and agents. Tough choice.
RonC
RonC
August 18th, 2018 at 5:34:51 AM permalink

I didn't make it racist. It was reported that something was said (verbally) that made it racist. I don't have the quote.

No, sorry, but you are wrong.

Saying that a government is incompetent is not "racist"--incompetence does not fall into the description of any race.

The color of the skin or ethnicity don't decide incompetence.

Firing someone you never should have hired does not make you a racist, though it may make one question your judgement.

Calling something "racist" does not make it "racist"...it is now just one of those words tossed around by lefties against Trump and those who support him.

The left has no longer talks about ideas, just about Trump, and they are abandoning the ones the did have--like border security--just to oppose Trump. See the myriad have speeches given supporting border security by Schumer and the gang before Trump was President and what they are saying now. It is fine to oppose Trump's wall, but why would you fight against the idea of border security by complaining about the wall and adding no substance to the argument?
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 18th, 2018 at 11:04:56 AM permalink

Being offended by someone predicting you will be offended. That's probably the most American thing anyone could ever do
RonC
RonC
August 18th, 2018 at 11:10:38 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

Being offended by someone predicting you will be offended. That's probably the most American thing anyone could ever do

I am also offended by all the people who are offended by every little thing...

Though I am not really offended very often at all...while some people have turned it into a cottage industry...
RonC
RonC
August 19th, 2018 at 5:20:42 AM permalink
You would think that NBC News might be a little more concerned about their own reporters being attacked by Antifa.

That is a real, physical attack on a news reporter and crew. "Heckled" is something non-physical.
  • Jump to: