Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
May 27th, 2017 at 12:20:54 AM permalink
Quote:

WASHINGTON — Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, spoke in December with Russia’s ambassador to the United States about establishing a secret communications channel between the Trump transition team and Moscow to discuss strategy in Syria and other policy issues, according to three people with knowledge of the discussion

[...]

The Post reported that the direct line between the transition team and the Kremlin in concept would have been conducted through Russian diplomatic facilities to avoid being monitored in American communication systems. The Post also reported that Mr. Kushner had proposed the communications channel and that it took Mr. Kislyak by surprise. The New York Times could not immediately confirm these details.

There are plenty of complaints about the leaks, but if there is any truth to some of this stuff I can understand why people would be leaking it. They were going to hide their discussions from American intelligence while talking directly to the Russians?

There may be some very funny stuff going on in the White House, and I don't mean funny in a good way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/politics/kushner-talked-to-russian-envoy-about-creating-secret-channel-with-kremlin.html?_r=0
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 27th, 2017 at 2:52:21 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Quote: RS

Anywhere to bet the NO on a Trump impeachment?

On PaddyPower a person can bet yes for even money on a Trump impeachment. Funny that they do not offer the NO. I wonder WHY? I need to start a political betting site and offer impossible to win one sided bets. The Hillary supporters would throw their money at me in order to vent their frustrations.

That's strange and not very reputable. If Trump were impeached, they might not have the money, not good.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 27th, 2017 at 2:56:28 AM permalink
Trump even if impeached will not be our worst president, Bush will have that title forever in my eyes. Literally a retarded liar that ruined America.
I am a robot.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 27th, 2017 at 3:38:47 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

that ruined America.

Funny, I don't think America is ruined. Here in poor Buffalo I see waterfront development, urban revitalization, suburban wealth. I have access to amazing technology not available two decades ago (smartphones, safer cars, medical cures). Vegas is thriving. My sons got great educations and are on positive career paths. I have clean water I never have to think about. I can make fun of my President on an Internet forum without any worries. Abortion remains legal. Religious freedom exists. Our roads are amazing. Golf courses are cheap and available. I found I love espresso martinis. New York City is thriving. My local supermarket (Wegmans) has any edible I can imagine. Great sushi is available in my neighborhood. And my GF is hot! What more can I want from America.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
May 27th, 2017 at 6:36:42 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Trump even if impeached will not be our worst president, Bush will have that title forever in my eyes. Literally a retarded liar that ruined America.

You're entitled to your opinion but, I'm with Soopoo on this, nothing has been "ruined". I'm A-OK. Bush may not have been the best President but life has gone on and some have flourished. If you found difficult times during this period then maybe, just maybe, it wasn't Bush's fault?
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
steeldco
steeldco
May 27th, 2017 at 6:37:29 AM permalink
Why is the ugly head of Hillary appearing on TV again? She lost. Can she not take a hint and disappear?
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
steeldco
steeldco
May 27th, 2017 at 6:44:49 AM permalink
Just saw this quote....
"Many NATO countries have agreed to step up payments considerably, as they should. Money is beginning to pour in -NATO will be much stronger," Trump tweeted from Sicily where he is attending a Group of Seven meeting."

Yea. Sure. A day after his NATO visit, everybody is just throwing money at NATO. Who would believe this nonsense? Show me proof. Trump, long ago, lost his right to be believed.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
May 27th, 2017 at 8:10:20 AM permalink
Looking back, in retrospect, had 9/11 not happened Bush would have been a decent President. He was in over his head after 9/11, though, and I think he was manipulated by the true evil-doers in that administration: Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

But yeah, I agree that Bush didn't ruin our country. Not even close. Neither did Obama. Also not even close. Trump hasn't either...yet. (But I don't think he will.)
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
RS
May 27th, 2017 at 8:22:17 AM permalink
Blaming presidents for the faults of our country is like blaming the person at 3rd base when you lose at blackjack.
100% risk of ruin
rxwine
rxwine
May 27th, 2017 at 12:09:42 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Blaming presidents for the faults of our country is like blaming the person at 3rd base when you lose at blackjack.

"The buck stops here."

Quote:

The expression is said to have originated from poker, in which a marker or counter (such as a knife with a buckhorn handle during the American Frontier era) was used to indicate the person whose turn it was to deal. If the player did not wish to deal he could pass the responsibility by passing the "buck", as the counter came to be called, to the next player

[...]

"The buck stops here" is a phrase that was popularized by U.S. President Harry S. Truman, who kept a sign with that phrase on his desk in the Oval Office.[6] The phrase refers to the notion that the President has to make the decisions and accept the ultimate responsibility for those decisions. Truman received the sign as a gift from a prison warden who was also an avid poker player. It is also the motto of the U.S. Naval Aircraft Carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75).[7

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 27th, 2017 at 12:45:28 PM permalink

There is a lot of uncivilized behavior being ignored or copied since Trump won. The Montana jackass thinking he can bodyslam a reporter is just the latest. I directly blame him for this stuff.

I also blame him for being an ass to our allies since the day he took office, while sucking up to Russia and Saudi Arabia. I blame him for putting forth a budget that is cruel, selfish, and in direct opposition to his campaign promises. And so on.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
May 27th, 2017 at 4:16:50 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I fear you are correct, but I have to have something to cling to.

Meanwhile, was I the only person to think this of his recent speech. . .

Quote: trumpy

"no politician in history, and I say this with great [Oh shit, what's the word. . . I wish I'd thought ahead . . . 'Pride' : No, can't use that. . . 'Sadness': No, that doesn't work. . . Charity: Hmmm sounds good but not quite. . . 'Surety': Yes. that will do it.] SURETY, has been treated worse or more unfairly."

NM spent 27 years in chokey. I live in hope.

Wow, who put this here? Mandella wasn't a politician, he was a stinking communist terrorist who belonged in jail for 27 years.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 27th, 2017 at 4:23:22 PM permalink
Damn commies.
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 27th, 2017 at 4:52:41 PM permalink

Damn commies.

Seriously, the South African Communist Party and the African National Congress were responsible for terrorist acts that were no less awful than what ISIS does to its victims. And note that the usual victims were not white, they were other blacks. That's because the South African thing was not a black-white thing, it was a red thing. Mandella had been a communist all his adult life, and had run the ANC from prison, just as the most powerful gang members can still run the daily activities of gangs from the isolation of the SHU at Pelican Bay. The victims of the ANC included blacks from other tribes, blacks working for the government, black policemen, etc. You've probably heard of their "necklace", an awful, and slow way to die.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
rxwine
rxwine
May 27th, 2017 at 5:45:06 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Seriously, the South African Communist Party and the African National Congress were responsible for terrorist acts that were no less awful than what ISIS does to its victims. And note that the usual victims were not white, they were other blacks. That's because the South African thing was not a black-white thing, it was a red thing. Mandella had been a communist all his adult life, and had run the ANC from prison, just as the most powerful gang members can still run the daily activities of gangs from the isolation of the SHU at Pelican Bay. The victims of the ANC included blacks from other tribes, blacks working for the government, black policemen, etc. You've probably heard of their "necklace", an awful, and slow way to die.

Say what you will, I'm rather see Trump chumming around with Mandela, (if he weren't dead) than that ex-KGB chief in Moscow, or those other human rights disasters heads of state in Turkey and Philippines.
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 27th, 2017 at 6:52:26 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Say what you will, I'm rather see Trump chumming around with Mandela, (if he weren't dead) than that ex-KGB chief in Moscow, or those other human rights disasters heads of state in Turkey and Philippines.

I don't know why, one bloody murderer is no different from another bloody murderer. No one in the history of the world has more blood on their hands than the Chinese communists, and the country remains to today one of the most oppressive regimes ever. Their economy operates on massive prison labor, and they actually execute people for misdemeanor-type offenses. (I read that in the NY Times)

Here's a few things you may want to google:

1. "ANC necklace youtube"

2. "communists clenched fist"

3. "Trump clenched fist"
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
May 28th, 2017 at 5:39:46 AM permalink
wiki sez:

"Mandela was a controversial figure for much of his life. Although critics on the right denounced him as a communist terrorist and those on the radical left deemed him too eager to negotiate and reconcile with apartheid's supporters, he gained international acclaim for his activism. Widely regarded as an icon of democracy and social justice, he received more than 250 honours—including the Nobel Peace Prize —and became the subject of a cult of personality.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
bobbartop
bobbartop
May 28th, 2017 at 9:04:52 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

wiki sez:

"Mandela was a controversial figure for much of his life. Although critics on the right denounced him as a communist terrorist and those on the radical left deemed him too eager to negotiate and reconcile with apartheid's supporters, he gained international acclaim for his activism. Widely regarded as an icon of democracy and social justice, he received more than 250 honours—including the Nobel Peace Prize —and became the subject of a cult of personality.

There's Wiki, and then there's the truth. Mandela's internationally acclaimed "activism" went like this. If his ANC opposed you, they whipped the mob into a frenzy, dragged the victim out in the street, had his family members douse him with gasoline while a tire was put around his neck. Once the tire got burning, there was no way to put the fire out as it etched through the victim's flesh, while the mob continued to beat him and chop his feet off. A particularly slow and agonizing death, even ISIS kills victims quicker. Mandela and his ANC did this to THOUSANDS of BLACK people. Social Justice.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 28th, 2017 at 9:41:41 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

T

RogerKint
RogerKint
May 28th, 2017 at 10:19:23 AM permalink
When you get circumsized at 16 I could see why you'd be pissed off for a few, or more, decades. That's not exactly like getting your first tattoo now, is it.
100% risk of ruin
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
RogerKint
May 28th, 2017 at 10:47:05 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There is a lot of uncivilized behavior being ignored or copied since Trump won. The Montana jackass thinking he can bodyslam a reporter is just the latest. I directly blame him for this stuff.

I also blame him for being an ass to our allies since the day he took office, while sucking up to Russia and Saudi Arabia. I blame him for putting forth a budget that is cruel, selfish, and in direct opposition to his campaign promises. And so on.

Saudi are formally our allies, unfortunately. Every president holds hands with them (sometimes literally).

I don't understand the Russia thing from a "man on the street" POV. I basically get why politicans and media want to restart the cold war, again. Sell weapons, scare us, blah blah blah.

But they aren't a commie dictatorship anymore. Why wouldn't the average American want good relations with Russia?

I get that Trump's done some stupid stuff regarding Russia, and other things. That's irrelevant.
rxwine
rxwine
May 28th, 2017 at 10:53:54 AM permalink
Quote:

In 2001, the ANC launched an online weekly web-based newsletter, ANC Today – Online Voice of the African National Congress to offset the alleged bias of the press.

Sounds familiar.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
RogerKintMaxPen
May 28th, 2017 at 11:00:32 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

You're entitled to your opinion but, I'm with Soopoo on this, nothing has been "ruined". I'm A-OK. Bush may not have been the best President but life has gone on and some have flourished. If you found difficult times during this period then maybe, just maybe, it wasn't Bush's fault?

Ruined is a strong word. But it's hard for me to imagine you think the Iraq war was even remotely justified. Or that team Bush believed their argument for the war.

We are out several trillion dollars (exact amount, depends who you ask.) When the story of Americas decline is written, it seems plausible this will be an important fact. Instead of eliminating student loan debt, totally revamping our infrastructure and... whatever else, or just cutting spending and the debt, we donated half our GNP to TNCs.

Needless to say, hundreds of thousands to millions are dead, maimed, psychologically destroyed, impoverished or born with hideous defects.

This includes many thousands of our military, in which Bush and Dick were too cowardly to serve.

And, as Trump said, "I can't believe we didn't get the oil!" We weren't even stealing it on our behalf. We were stealing it for oil companies, many of which are based in other countries.

Oh, and PS, we destabilized the entire region and created ISIS.

Trump shoved a guy. He's got A LOT of work to do to catch up to bush.
rxwine
rxwine
May 28th, 2017 at 11:04:26 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

But they aren't a commie dictatorship anymore.

Maybe not, but you wouldn't want be too vocal opponent of Putin from what I've heard. He may or may not have someone kill you in broad daylight, or he might get you jailed on phony charges, or just ruin you financially, etc.,
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
Thanked by
MaxPen
May 28th, 2017 at 11:15:11 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Maybe not, but you wouldn't want be too vocal opponent of Putin from what I've heard. He may or may not have someone kill you in broad daylight, or he might get you jailed on phony charges, or just ruin you financially, etc.,

And because of that, you want a new cold war?

There are probably 100 countries where abuses are more severe. Our good friends, the Saudis, would chop off your head in the public square for criticizing them. Also, for being gay, criticizing Islam, etc etc.

Moreover, would reigniting the cold war lead to more authoritarianism in Russia, or less?
rxwine
rxwine
May 28th, 2017 at 11:50:52 AM permalink

And because of that, you want a new cold war?

I was responding to your comment regarding it no longer being a "commie dictatorship".

However on the broader question, nobody wants a cold war. But every time we get in bed with dirty partners people shouldn't wonder why people question USA democratic values. I include the Castro brothers. The Saudis. China and more

Trump being the exception, generally Republicans have at least paid more lip service to this, however, depending on the economic impact they're just as guilty. Big players, they start forgetting their values.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
OnceDear
May 28th, 2017 at 11:59:25 AM permalink

Ruined is a strong word. But it's hard for me to imagine you think the Iraq war was even remotely justified. Or that team Bush believed their argument for the war.

We are out several trillion dollars (exact amount, depends who you ask.) When the story of Americas decline is written, it seems plausible this will be an important fact. Instead of eliminating student loan debt, totally revamping our infrastructure and... whatever else, or just cutting spending and the debt, we donated half our GNP to TNCs.

Needless to say, hundreds of thousands to millions are dead, maimed, psychologically destroyed, impoverished or born with hideous defects.

This includes many thousands of our military, in which Bush and Dick were too cowardly to serve.

And, as Trump said, "I can't believe we didn't get the oil!" We weren't even stealing it on our behalf. We were stealing it for oil companies, many of which are based in other countries.

Oh, and PS, we destabilized the entire region and created ISIS.

Trump shoved a guy. He's got A LOT of work to do to catch up to bush.

No argument on Bush. That was ALL about the military industrial complex, and Bush was the patsy of those who saw opportunity in tragedy.

However,.were we to take the oil, it would be considered a war crime under international law. Which is why we didn't, under Obama, and shouldn't, under Trump.

As to the Saudis, not only are they a repressive and murderous regime, they are funding terrorism, possibly the single largest source of money by country in the world. They are a two-faced ally at best.

And the Russian leaders are thieves and thugs, more openly than those currently leading this country, but sharing the philosophical greed of many of our richest individuals and industries. So, no, I don't want us to align with them. Co-exist at best, hoping to undermine their thirst for reacquiring dominion over their former satellites.

In the mean time, the Trump white house has crapped on nearly every ally we're sworn to, from Australia week one, to the NATO alliance this past week. Why he should wish to create such animosity and uncertainty among our interdependent countries, undercutting the State Dept, is genuinely beyond me.

I think the closest explanation has to be personal ego run wild. Trump's Achilles heel seems to lie in his insatiable desire to be liked and even worshipped. He only knows how to demean others in order to inflate his opinion of his standing; has no respect for others ' leadership talents or popularity.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
May 29th, 2017 at 8:58:12 PM permalink
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jared-kushner-faces-new-vulnerability-in-white-house/

Well, what an interesting coincidence...

The New York Times reported about a week and a half ago that Kushner, one of the top aides who had pushed for FBI Director James Comey's firing, was also one of the voices "urging the president to counterattack" after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein named a special counsel to take over the government's Russia investigation. It was not advice that Mr. Trump took.

Soon after, came a Washington Post report that Kushner -- during a meeting with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak in December -- discussed setting up a "back channel" for communications between the Trump transition team and Russian officials. CBS News has confirmed that, according to a source familiar with the intelligence gathered at the time, Kushner discussed setting up the back channel.

As the Post first reported, communications were intercepted between Kislyak and Moscow describing Kislyak's conversation with Kushner.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
  • Threads: 31
May 30th, 2017 at 6:43:48 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Funny, I don't think America is ruined. Here in poor Buffalo I see waterfront development, urban revitalization, suburban wealth. I have access to amazing technology not available two decades ago (smartphones, safer cars, medical cures). Vegas is thriving. My sons got great educations and are on positive career paths. I have clean water I never have to think about. I can make fun of my President on an Internet forum without any worries. Abortion remains legal. Religious freedom exists. Our roads are amazing. Golf courses are cheap and available. I found I love espresso martinis. New York City is thriving. My local supermarket (Wegmans) has any edible I can imagine. Great sushi is available in my neighborhood. And my GF is hot! What more can I want from America.

Your reply to Onenickelmiracle with regarding to Bush 43’s lie that led to the unjust Iraq war is full of arrogant and selfishness. Is it possible that you were too intoxicated when you wrote your reply after the 10th espresso martinis, and was your hot GF by your side?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-war-anniversary-idUSBRE92D0PG20130314

(The link above dated 2013, so casualties and other monetary figures would be out of dated if inflations, interest rates, and the rising of terrorisms & ISIS are taken into consideration).

Iraq’s Baghdad, Basra, Kirkuk and other cities, too, are thriving and also have golf courses, supermarkets, smartphones, safe cars, medical cures, clean waters, schools &universities, mosques & churches, espresso martinis (perhaps in black market because alcohol is not legal), prostitution & hot girls, and all the things you mention in the poor Buffalo, New York City, and your current Vegas town. And no, there is nothing funny about that.

America was ruined during the Bush 43 era. His lies that subsequently led to the unjust Iraq war had resulted in unnecessary deaths of thousands of US service members and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilian and military personnel. Aside from body counts, his lies had added unnecessary trillion$ to the US national debt (not counting interest), and severely ruined the Iraqi nation and many of its towns were completely destroyed and many regions in Iraq are in state of anarchy, and also gave birth to ISIS and the rising of terrorisms and anti-American & anti-European sentiments.

The destruction and ruining of America under Bush 43 & Cheney regime was historic. The cost of the unjust Iraq war that began in 2003, couple with the financial crisis in 2007-2008 had ruined America. Thanks to the leadership of President Obama, the ruined America had been rescued and is now thriving again, but at a gigantic financial cost. The spendings on bailing out financial institutions and to save housing & auto industries, other stimulus spendings were absolutely necessary in order to prevent the economy from spiraling into the like of 1930s great depression era. Many had criticized Obama and the U.S. Congress for running up the deficits, and I think it was a reasonable criticism. But what should we have done differently to rescue our nation from the ruined America under Bush 43?

Ask yourself this question, what would have happened to your 401K, pension, saving, house equity, and other financial instruments that either directly or indirectly tied to the financial market without the GIGANTIC cash infusions from the government? Would there still be a vibrant US auto industry? Would anyone here still be able to drinking espresso martinis with a prostitute somewhere in Vegas or any other cities? Please don’t tell me that we’ll never know …

Untold of billions (perhaps trillions) were profited due to many gigantic infusions of cashes in efforts prevent the ruined America from spiraling into the like of 1930s great depression era. And now Trumpers, and the racist, sexist, rapist and scam artist Trump want ONLY the poor and the middle class to sacrifice, and then pass on the gigantic national debt to future generations so that corporate Americas and the wealthy can stuff more monies in their pockets.

Although the ruined America under Bush 43 was materialistically rescued under the Obama’s leadership; but the spiritual, intellectual, and cultural values of America are still ruined largely due to the selfish, the lack of compassion, the lack of civility, and the hypocritical behaviors of Trumpers, and the racist, sexist, rapist and scam artist Trump.

And No, I don’t want a selfish, lack of compassion, lack of civility, and hypocritical America embrace by Trumpers and Trump. It doesn’t matter if your GF is as hot as Heidi or anyone that you perceived, but without love, life is meaningless.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/23/9-truly-awful-things-that-were-said-between-ted-cruz-and-the-man-hell-now-support-donald-trump/?utm_term=.8b21547f2c70

What I want is America with full of love and compassion. Fortunately, non-Trumper Americans still have compassions and loves as expressed in the links below.

https://www.gofundme.com/tri-met-heroes?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=tri-met-heroes

https://www.launchgood.com/project/muslims_united_for_portland_heroes#/

https://www.gofundme.com/tri-met-hero-recovery

https://www.youcaring.com/survivorsofthemaxattack-833557
Last edited by: 777 on May 30, 2017
RogerKint
RogerKint
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 30th, 2017 at 8:36:28 AM permalink
Quote: 777

What I want is America with full of love and compassion. Fortunately, non-Trumper Americans still have compassions and loves as expressed in the links below.

Those are the two qualities that come through most in your posts, love and compassion.
100% risk of ruin
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 30th, 2017 at 8:40:43 AM permalink
Our President is a moron (but we all already knew that).

This morning he tweets:

Quote: @realDonaldTrump

The U.S. Senate should switch to 51 votes, immediately, and get Healthcare and TAX CUTS approved, fast and easy. Dems would do it, no doubt!

Both healthcare and tax reform are going through the Senate under reconciliation rules, which means they already only need 51 votes to pass, with no need for a rule change. HOW COULD HE NOT KNOW THIS?!?! lol
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
  • Threads: 31
May 30th, 2017 at 10:49:16 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

This morning he tweets:

Both healthcare and tax reform are going through the Senate under reconciliation rules, which means they already only need 51 votes to pass, with no need for a rule change. HOW COULD HE NOT KNOW THIS?!?! lol

Everyone of us, from the poorest to the wealthiest, greatly benefit from the extraordinary spendings under Obama to rescue our economy from collapsing and becoming an economic catastrophe to the like of 1930s depression era. Despite the colossal national debt, the economy is thriving because an economic catastrophe to the like of 1930s depression era was averted.

Instead of tackling the national debt, the racist, sexist, rapist and scam artist Trump wants huge tax cut for corporations, his family & hot GF, buddies, and other wealthy citizens, and at the same time demands the poor and the middle class to sacrifice. The humongous mountain of debt will then be left for future generations. What a moron! For the sake of humanity and the well being of America, someone please grapple espresso martinis drinks away from Trumpers, and the racist, sexist, rapist and scam artist Trump.
RS
RS
May 30th, 2017 at 1:07:55 PM permalink

Those are the two qualities that come through most in your posts, love and compassion.

LOL. You gotta show it's sarcasm somehow, or else it will think you're being serious.
rxwine
rxwine
May 30th, 2017 at 2:48:55 PM permalink
***Temporary Trump Break***

Ever notice the implications in this quote?

Quote:

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

1. You will wise up as you get older -- favorite of conservatives
2. As a liberal you're relatively brainless but a heart of gold.
3. If you're a conservative all your life, you're obviously a heartless SOB as well.
4. If you've been both you've got a heart and brain but only in the chronological order, not the opposite
5. Possibly distressing to some, if you've been proud to be neither liberal or conservative, than unfortunately you're an idiot SOB.
6. Possibly you're missing the actual organs.
ams288
ams288
May 30th, 2017 at 10:01:45 PM permalink
He tweeted this almost an hour ago:

Quote:

Despite the constant negative press covfefe

Maybe someone should check to see if he's okay? Lol
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 30th, 2017 at 10:20:30 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

I've been voting mostly Republican for all of my life. I have never voted a straight party ticket, but have always leaned Republican.
For lesser races, if in doubt about the candidates, I would always choose the Republican.
So what I am about to state is somewhat (not terribly, but somewhat) difficult. Every friggin' Republican who has not stood up and criticized Trump and his Lilliputians for what they have done, and are doing, needs to get voted out of office. They're a disgrace to this Great Country. As a matter of fact, dissolving the Republican party would be a breath of fresh air......followed by the dissolution of the Democratic party. They are all gutless wonders................

Again for an "intelligent " man if you really think this is an option you should really have invested in ZZBest carpet in the late 80's. Of course you are smarter than this as I and many others have made good money off your stock picks.

So if you think the Dems are a better option, I am assuming you cashed out and are sitting on Gold, Silver, Bitcoin or Wizcoin.

You, me or anyone else will never make a difference so why not profit from it? Unless you think the 2 party system is changing in our lifetimes. And no, you or me complaining about it won't change it. But you go ahead with your thoughts. In today's America they are welcome, and laughed at. So why not enjoy your life?
ams288
ams288
May 30th, 2017 at 10:36:52 PM permalink
He's finally done it. He's united the nation. #covfefe is trending coast to coast.

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 30th, 2017 at 10:39:11 PM permalink
I think OUR President is entering a very dark place.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 30th, 2017 at 10:41:53 PM permalink
Ask your Doctor if Covfefe is right for you.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
May 30th, 2017 at 11:07:23 PM permalink
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
May 30th, 2017 at 11:16:54 PM permalink
Either stroked out or got interrupted with the Afghanistan embassy bombing mid tweet.

Don't get to excited AMS. Most likely the latter.

Wonder how long it would take the Secret Service to break down the shitter door?
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
May 31st, 2017 at 1:44:01 AM permalink

He tweeted this almost an hour ago:

Maybe someone should check to see if he's okay? Lol

Possibilities:-
He dozed off in mid tweet.
He had a serious medical emergency in mid tweet.
Someone came in the room in mid tweet and he hurriedly hid his phone under his pillow, hitting 've' and enter as he did so.
Someone came in the room in mid tweet and tried to grab his phone off him, but hitting 've' and enter as the scuffle ended.
It was a correctly parsed tweet which speaks for itself.
Obama did it.
Clinton did it frequently.
It was fake news made up by the fake media. . . Oh that won't fly will it.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
May 31st, 2017 at 2:53:18 AM permalink
LMAO.
Donny's broken Twitter
It took over 6 hours for him or his minions to delete that tweet. Just before it was deleted, I got this

Loading seems to be taking a while.
Twitter may be over capacity or experiencing a momentary hiccup. Try again or visit Twitter Status for more information.

Does he not know that his tweets are widely followed and pored over by his 'admirers'. Some function of his life that is so mission critical would naturally be monitored and supervised 24/7 by an army of assistants.

I reckon the 'snatched from his hand' option was favourite. I cannot think of ANY way that tweet happened and persisted that is not totally farcical.

By coincidence 6 hours was how long I had to wait last time I was admitted to hospital.
I live in hope.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
RS
RS
May 31st, 2017 at 4:10:19 AM permalink
Quote: twitter/realDonaldTrump

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Who can figure out the true meaning of "covfefe" ??? Enjoy!
3:09 AM · May 31, 2017

At least he's got a sense of humor about it.
OnceDear
OnceDear
May 31st, 2017 at 4:46:03 AM permalink

Quote: twitter/realDonaldTrump

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Who can figure out the true meaning of "covfefe" ??? Enjoy!
3:09 AM · May 31, 2017

At least he's got a sense of humor about it.

No. His damage limitation team just gave it their best shot.
You can be sure that he's extremely pissed with himself for stumbling so thoroughly and now with all the mutual back slapping of his inner circle, he and they are celebrating another 'win'

You always struck me as an intelligent guy, RS, but for fcuk's sake even you must see that this was a prattfall in glorious technicolor.
Most if not all world leaders take a prattfall or two during their career, and this one was not so abnormal. But don't be a dick and try to say how clever it was and how professionally it was followed up. That's for Donny and Spicey to do.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 31st, 2017 at 4:57:04 AM permalink

This morning he tweets:

Come on ams, you know better! Under reconciliation rules there are many things that cannot be put in the bills. It hamstrings the bill writer severely. Trumps main problem is that he can't get 50 Repub Senators to agree on pretty much anything. Can you imagine how little would be being done if HRC was President with the present Republican makeup of the House and Senate? The Repubs can't even agree on a bill that DJT would sign. What chance would there be of finding a consensus on a bill HRC would sign????!!!!!
ams288
ams288
May 31st, 2017 at 5:36:10 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Come on ams, you know better! Under reconciliation rules there are many things that cannot be put in the bills. It hamstrings the bill writer severely. Trumps main problem is that he can't get 50 Repub Senators to agree on pretty much anything. Can you imagine how little would be being done if HRC was President with the present Republican makeup of the House and Senate? The Repubs can't even agree on a bill that DJT would sign. What chance would there be of finding a consensus on a bill HRC would sign????!!!!!

The tax bill and healthcare bill were already going to be done under reconciliation, this is a fact. Yes, it hamstrings what they are able to put in the bills, but the Republicans already knew this and will draft bills that adhere to the strict reconciliation rules.

There is no need for a legislative "nuclear option" to get them through. Donald thinks there is, for some reason. He is a moron.

You are correct that absolutely nothing would have gotten done under HRC. And the 2018 midterms would have been a bloodbath for Dems... but thanks to Trump, Dems will do much better than they would have in 2018 under Hillary. It's the silver lining in this mess, for me at least.
ams288
ams288
May 31st, 2017 at 5:37:01 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Either stroked out or got interrupted with the Afghanistan embassy bombing mid tweet.

Don't get to excited AMS. Most likely the latter.

It was option three: he fell asleep mid-tweet.
RS
RS
May 31st, 2017 at 5:38:38 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

No. His damage limitation team just gave it their best shot.
You can be sure that he's extremely pissed with himself for stumbling so thoroughly and now with all the mutual back slapping of his inner circle, he and they are celebrating another 'win'

You always struck me as an intelligent guy, RS, but for fcuk's sake even you must see that this was a prattfall in glorious technicolor.
Most if not all world leaders take a prattfall or two during their career, and this one was not so abnormal. But don't be a dick and try to say how clever it was and how professionally it was followed up. That's for Donny and Spicey to do.

I just thought both tweets were funny. How's that make me a dick?
OnceDear
OnceDear
May 31st, 2017 at 6:28:25 AM permalink

I just thought both tweets were funny. How's that make me a dick?

Thinking that the second tweet was genuine humility or genuine anything might make one lose some respect (Or be a dick :o).
The first post has almost the entire world population laughing at Donnies pratt-fall. Not exactly good for America and not brilliant for his cause ( I acknowledge that all of us make occasional pratt-falls and this alone doesn't diminish Donnie much)
The second tweet was less funny and is clear damage limitation, done rather amateurishly. I doubt that Donnie had the nous to pen that one.
The way some, such as Fox applauded trump for the second and derided those of us laughing at the first, makes Fox look like a complete bunch of dicks.
  • Jump to: