Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 19th, 2017 at 11:52:24 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

He also heavily criticized Obama for taking vacations, and promised he'd have no time to do so himself with all the winning he'd be doing.

All the lies he has told and this is the one you choose to complain about?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 20th, 2017 at 10:01:46 AM permalink
Surely right-wing media will devote days of outraged coverage to this, right?

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
May 20th, 2017 at 10:05:30 AM permalink
The scary thing is that Trump looks a lot like my father.

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
"What, me worry?"
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
May 20th, 2017 at 10:25:28 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Sorry to hear that, did you at least get some of your mother's genes ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
May 20th, 2017 at 10:39:51 AM permalink

And do you look like your avatar

If you do that must make you really MAD!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 20th, 2017 at 11:16:50 AM permalink
Quote: 777

What’s the Matter With Republicans?
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/opinion/whats-the-matter-with-republicans.html?ribbon-ad-idx=5&rref=opinion&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Opinion&pgtype=article

Below is Paul Krugman's quick comparison between the two political parties:

The Democratic Party is a coalition of interest groups, with some shared views but also a lot of conflicts, and politicians get ahead through their success in striking compromises and finding acceptable solutions.

The G.O.P., by contrast, is one branch of a monolithic structure, movement conservatism, with a rigid ideology — tax cuts for the rich above all else. Other branches of the structure include a captive media that parrots the party line every step of the way. Compare the coverage of recent political developments on Fox News with almost everywhere else; we’re talking North Korea levels of alternative reality.

And this monolithic structure — lavishly supported by a small number of very, very wealthy families — rewards, indeed insists on, absolute fealty. Furthermore, the structure has been in place for a long time: It has been 36 years since Reagan was elected, 22 years since the Gingrich takeover of Congress. What this means is that nearly all Republicans in today’s Congress are apparatchiks, political creatures with no higher principle beyond party loyalty.

From their perspective, there's nothing wrong with Republicans. They destroy the Dems at every level again and again, experiencing only the occasional, temporary push back when they go to far.

The question should be, if Republicans are so bad (which they are), what is so wrong with Dems that they keep losing to them?

Much of the answer can be found in Krugman. This article is a good example. We all fail. Winners look in the mirror. Losers point fingers, like Krugman is here. The Democratic argument has consisted almost entirely of finger pointing for years. They offer voters absolutely nothing, except, "we might, arguably, screw you slightly less," and outlawing large sodas. As a result, they are perceived as weak, amoral whiners.

And they can't even finger point about the worst stuff Republicans do, because they are on board with it. So they wind up with this, weird nonsense that nobody outside of the alternative reality of beltway wonk-tards gives a crap about.

Wow, Trump doesn't want to restart the cold war for no reason, as Dems seem to, That will really speak to voters.

Yes, Trump may have screwed himself here, because he is a clown. But, Dems won't capitalize on it long term, because they refuse to ask, "what's the matter with US?"

I guess it's working out fine for them too. Plenty of speaking fees. Retreats to Aspen. Jobs on Wall Street for their unqualified kids. etc. Why give that up just to win a few elections?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 20th, 2017 at 11:25:09 AM permalink

Could be worse, you could look like your "brother" that you have been accused of being a mouthpiece for.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
May 20th, 2017 at 9:14:44 PM permalink

Said the guy who literally just signed the biggest arms deal in history with Saudi Arabia.

Pointing out this insane level of hypocrisy isn't even a story anymore. How half you people ever believed a word that came out of this man's mouth is astounding. Ya'll got absolutely conned and made the other half pay for your stupidity.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 20th, 2017 at 9:49:57 PM permalink
He's a decrepit, senile old man. Seriously, he can't even see that his wife is a man!! What do you expect?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
May 20th, 2017 at 10:29:42 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

He's a decrepit, senile old man. Seriously, he can't even see that his wife is a man!! What do you expect?

Hah, neither did Obama! Neither Michelle or Melania wore the customary head scarf when they traveled to Saudi Arabia, despite Trump's criticism of Michele for that decision. Clearly they both must be men.

Yet....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/20/melania-trump-forgoes-wearing-headscarf-in-saudi-arabia-trip.html

"enuf" ..... good lord we are f'd
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 21st, 2017 at 12:00:20 AM permalink

Said the guy who literally just signed the biggest arms deal in history with Saudi Arabia.

Pointing out this insane level of hypocrisy isn't even a story anymore. How half you people ever believed a word that came out of this man's mouth is astounding. Ya'll got absolutely conned and made the other half pay for your stupidity.

You're right. President Trump is the first president (or politician, for that matter) to ever do or say anything hypocritical and Hillary Clinton is just a sweet innocent angel.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 21st, 2017 at 1:16:27 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Look guys. I'm sick of trump. May he rot in hell.

His first 100 days are history, so I assert that it is counter productive to add comments to a thread about his first 100 days.

In an uncharacteristically optimistic mood, I invite discussion of his Final 100 days, which has hopefully now begun.

My champagne is in the fridge awaiting his resignation, impeachment, or untimely demise. I may crack the bottle open early if nukes start flying, but sure as hell will have another one ready if I survive the first volley of trump induced missile launches and I hear of one splitting its warheads twixt the Whitehouse and Mar a Lago.

I may offer side bets on whether I started the countdown too soon. In truth, I think that the wheels of justice will plod along at glacial pace, but that they will be as unstoppable as global warming.

Let this thread celebrate every step back towards sanity and democracy even if we are forced to accept that we will pass through a pretty dreadful Pence term on that route.*

*Who apart from Trump would want that w@nk3r Pence as VP or Potus? Surely not even the most conservative Republican. But, What the heck. Nothing trumps trump.

Oh. And as a side topic: Would it be preferable to have an ousted trump claiming some glory if that was the price to pay for having him out of power? Even Adolf still has a fan club.

Why can't we just get Trump rehab, therapy and an education, before giving up. He was onto some good ideas, just needs to focus and start screwing over people that screw the American people, making the world a better place. I'm afraid he's getting royalties on every screwing.
I am a robot.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
May 21st, 2017 at 1:30:52 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Much of the answer can be found in Krugman.

Has Krugman ever been right about anything? He’s terrible, yet he’s the economist of choice for main stream media and their news for dummies.

Rejected By His Peers - Forbes

Here he is describing only five big things he got wrong. Business Insider

He’s been wrong about the European Union, the demise of the Euro, economic growth after the recession, effect of the stimulus on unemployment, and more.

Apocalypse Fairly Soon- NYT 2012

9/11 attacks could be good for the economy -NYT 2001.

He predicted global economic recession ‘with no end in sight’ if Trump was elected. Then the Dow gained 2,000 points, and the global economy remains strong.

The Economic Fallout - NYT 2016

What things has Krugman been very wrong About - Quora

Krugman Gets it Wrong Again - Forbes
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
May 21st, 2017 at 6:51:14 AM permalink
Quote: RS

You're right. President Trump is the first president (or politician, for that matter) to ever do or say anything hypocritical and Hillary Clinton is just a sweet innocent angel.

What I keep pointing out is not that other politicians are not hypocrites, or don't lie, or don't break promises, or can't be trusted, but rather that Trump is taking it all to a whole new level. Trump wants to be #1 - I think he's making a run at it in those categories.
Tanko
Tanko
May 21st, 2017 at 7:54:55 AM permalink
Trump Derangement Syndrome: Hatred of Trump so strong it impairs judgement.

Where it comes from.

Fareed Zakaria warns liberals to avoid DTS

A Few Examples: Play all three together.

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 21st, 2017 at 8:11:14 AM permalink
I think it's perfectly valid to hate Trump for many reasons. I've listed mine before, though he does keep adding to them, so i won't bore the forum with repetition.

But it's also important to know why, if you're taking that stance, you do. Can't be a mindless hater, just like you can't be a mindless supporter, with any credibility. I haven't seen him do one damned thing that I can honestly say, "good move" or "that needed to happen", and I've been watching.

Maybe some of you have seen things you think are better for the COUNTRY. So be it. But I would think a good many Trump supporters would be disappointed in what's actually been done so far and how much it's hurt those who are not rich or corporations. And if he has hurt your pocketbook or life, I hope you hold him accountable, because he's not governing for the rest of us, he's trying to hold his base voters together.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
May 21st, 2017 at 8:11:59 AM permalink

How half you people ever believed a word that came out of this man's mouth is astounding.

Popular vote:

48.2 % Hillary
46.1 % trumpster

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-popular-vote-final-count/
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
RS
RS
May 21st, 2017 at 8:59:38 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

I think they're just auditioning to be the lead vocalists of a new screamo band.

LOL @ the last few seconds of the third one. Someone on video saying, "I do not consent..."
Tanko
Tanko
Thanked by
SOOPOOAxelWolfMoosetonBozMaxPen
May 21st, 2017 at 9:16:37 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I think it's perfectly valid to hate Trump for many reasons. I've listed mine before, though he does keep adding to them, so i won't bore the forum with repetition.

But it's also important to know why, if you're taking that stance, you do.

Since the election, illegal border crossings are down to a trickle, deportations of criminal illegals is speeding up, Mexico and Canada have agreed to renegotiate NAFTA, Toyota announced it will invest $10 billion in the US, Jack Ma has pledged to create 1 million US jobs by allowing small and medium US business to sell to China through Ali Baba's platforms, Japan's SoftBank has pledged $50 billion in US investment, Australian billionaire Anthony Pratt has pledged to invest $2 billion in the US 'due to confidence in Trump', the Saudis just committed to a $350 deal with the US, China has agreed to help US cattle farmers and purchase $2.5 billion in beef. For the first time ever, China has agreed to purchase tons of LNG from the US, the stock market has gained $2 trillion in wealth, for the first time ever, the 10,000 member MS-13 gang is being decimated, and for the first time since Truman, as US President has put North Korea on notice and not backed down.

After meeting with Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping referring to Trump warned Kim Jong-un, "He's not bluffing". Do you think he would have said that about Obama or Clinton?

Then he proceeded to back it up by suspending coal shipments from North Korea, and for the first time ever, China abstained from voting against a US position, by abstaining in the UN vote to condemn the US raids on the Syrian airfield after Assad attacked his own people with sarin gas.

Do you think Hillary could have achieved any of that?

A very good start.
rxwine
rxwine
May 21st, 2017 at 11:27:15 AM permalink

A very good start.

I think Trump is willing to negotiate big business deals with any and all problematic geopolitical actors.. Saudis, China. Turkey's new President, Russia would certainly be in there already.

Think this won't be a bigger problem down the road? Think he'll get any real concessions while doing this from all these anti-democratic areas except empty promises? He's definitely going to be worse than Obama in that respect.

BTW, the big roundup of MS-13 was two years in the making. But then Trump claiming credit for stuff already initiated in advance is a given.

N. Korea hasn't stopped missile tests. How is that different?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
Thanked by
Romes
May 21st, 2017 at 12:17:39 PM permalink

Since the election, illegal border crossings are down to a trickle, deportations of criminal illegals is speeding up

I can give you that and tell you that you will eventually find out is wasn't a good idea.

Mexico and Canada have agreed to renegotiate NAFTA

Just renegotiating doesn't mean much. We can discuss once it is redone. I am going to bet it ends up a worse deal, but we'll see.

Toyota announced it will invest $10 billion in the US

From Reuter's "Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) will invest $10 billion in the United States over the next five years, the same as in the previous five years, North America Chief Executive Jim Lentz said on Monday, to meet demand and upgrade plants to build more fuel-efficient models."
Same as previous 5 years. Nothing to see here.

Jack Ma has pledged to create 1 million US jobs by allowing small and medium US business to sell to China through Ali Baba's platforms

This is nothing new also. Ali Baba has been expanding this platform since 2014. Last year the US was the no. 2 branded product on that platform. From Forbes "In its just-released annual report, Tmall Global, the cross-border arm of Alibaba’s giant B2C site Tmall, disclosed that the number of international brands selling to Chinese consumers through its platform soared 169 percent last year to 14,500, up from 5,400 at the end of 2015. More than 80% of those international brands, which include well-known names such as Macy’s and Target, did not have any presence in China prior to their launch on Tmall Global."

Japan's SoftBank has pledged $50 billion in US investment

This coming out of the Softbank Vision fund that announced $100 billion in investments........a month prior to the US elections and at a time when Trump was expected to lose. Nothing special here.

Australian billionaire Anthony Pratt has pledged to invest $2 billion in the US 'due to confidence in Trump

From Pratt Industries website..."“We currently operate 68 factories and employ 7000 people and we want to continue to grow those numbers,” said Anthony. “Just here in the Midwest alone we’ve invested almost $500 million dollars since the beginning of 2015.”
Again, nothing new here. Pratt has been making this type of investment here in the US for the past 20 years.

the Saudis just committed to a $350 deal with the US

Unclear as to how much of an increase, if any, this represents but we'll give it to you.

China has agreed to help US cattle farmers and purchase $2.5 billion in beef

This is a win, however it is more than offset by a $5 billion sales loss of beef from pulling out of the TPP. Net loss here.

For the first time ever, China has agreed to purchase tons of LNG from the US

This is a win.

the stock market has gained $2 trillion in wealth

True for now. Make sure that you come back and lay claim to the losses when they come. It shouldn't be much longer.

for the first time ever, the 10,000 member MS-13 gang is being decimated

I would need evidence on this. MS-13 is a very small part of the gang problem in the US and other than the recent raids, there is really no proof that they are anywhere near "decimated".

and for the first time since Truman, as US President has put North Korea on notice and not backed down.
After meeting with Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping referring to Trump warned Kim Jong-un, "He's not bluffing". Do you think he would have said that about Obama or Clinton?

Then he proceeded to back it up by suspending coal shipments from North Korea, and for the first time ever, China abstained from voting against a US position, by abstaining in the UN vote to condemn the US raids on the Syrian airfield after Assad attacked his own people with sarin gas.

LOL....and the missiles keep flying.

Nobody gives a shit about Hillary.

A very good start.

LOL..................Only to a Gullible.

Oh yea. You forgot to mention the Gorsich win.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
May 21st, 2017 at 12:28:31 PM permalink

I hated Hillary too. But she is not president. Nothing about her excuses Trump's behavior and actions.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
May 21st, 2017 at 1:16:15 PM permalink
In Trumps first 100 days, he was personally responsible for 84 months of diminishing unemployment and an equally long stock market rise.
I'm impressed.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
May 21st, 2017 at 1:20:58 PM permalink
As far as MS 13 goes, the more violent gang members we deport to El Salvador, the more non-violent, innocent people that will flee it.
MS13 was born and bred in California and it was our deporting them to El Salvador that broke the criminal justice system there in the first place.
ams288
ams288
May 21st, 2017 at 2:27:26 PM permalink
There truly is an old hypocritical Trump tweet for every occasion!

Before any righties shout FAKE NEWS at me, it's just a joke.
billryan
billryan
May 21st, 2017 at 2:38:00 PM permalink
Fake Tweets.

" He puts the past onto Sony, and rearranges it endlessly."
steeldco
steeldco
May 21st, 2017 at 2:55:32 PM permalink
Looking like our buddy Trump and his Lilliputians is going to make sure that he lay claim to making a correct statement regarding Obamacare's collapse. The Despicables and the Gullibles. A great group.

"The Trump administration has continued making the payments, but the president has said he sees CSR funding up for negotiation. At this point, the administration has offered no commitment to continue the payments beyond this month, leaving insurers and enrollees unsure about what comes next."
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
May 21st, 2017 at 3:08:45 PM permalink
Well, let's at least give credit where credit is due. Trump has single-handedly been responsible for destroying America's reputation around the world. Well done, sir, well done.
steeldco
steeldco
May 21st, 2017 at 4:05:52 PM permalink
Just read this.....
"If it is revealed that he did try to stop the FBI investigation, most Americans see that as a disqualification from office (58 percent) but unsurprisingly, those views are strongly tied to current support. In all, 79 percent of his backers, and 86 percent of his strongest supporters, say that wouldn't be serious enough to disqualify him."

79% of his backers think it's OK for him to stop the FBI investigation. Not serious? Really? Holy Crap!
Don't fear the liars..........but really, really fear the Gullibles. I want an IQ test administered to each and every one of them!
steeldco
steeldco
May 21st, 2017 at 4:14:33 PM permalink
Gotta give Trump credit for being correct in this statement....
""I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here."

Like I said.......Fear the Gullibles.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 21st, 2017 at 4:22:17 PM permalink
He's another Kwame Kilpatrick and Comey is playing the part of Gary Brown.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
steeldco
steeldco
May 21st, 2017 at 4:28:22 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

""I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here."

Like I said.......Fear the Gullibles.

Now that I think about this, isn't Trump, by virtue of that statement, effectively calling his supporters gullible? He's openly and outwardly laughing at them..............amazing.
RS
RS
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 21st, 2017 at 4:43:07 PM permalink

Just read this.....
"If it is revealed that he did try to stop the FBI investigation, most Americans see that as a disqualification from office (58 percent) but unsurprisingly, those views are strongly tied to current support. In all, 79 percent of his backers, and 86 percent of his strongest supporters, say that wouldn't be serious enough to disqualify him."

79% of his backers think it's OK for him to stop the FBI investigation. Not serious? Really? Holy Crap!
Don't fear the liars..........but really, really fear the Gullibles. I want an IQ test administered to each and every one of them!

And 100%* of the actual gullibles (lefties) view Hillary's "email situation" as perfectly acceptable, even for someone running for president.

"Hey, there's this person who doesn't know what classified means or has a clue about keeping information secure, and she's over-qualified for president!"

I've yet to see a lefty liberal who doesn't think there's a problem with the whole email thing.

Both sides are hypocritical, which is why I bring it up.

It's also funny people (ams288 and probably 777) saying stuff about it should be country before party......yet they thrive and wish for a Trump failure.

I remember when Obama was elected (both times), people on the right thought he was going to be a failure (and in many aspects, was)....but I don't remember hatred toward him and wanting him to fail. Although I'm sure there were people wanting him to fail, it wasn't anywhere near how bad it is now.

Seems like liberals' new hot word is gullible. So now instead of just calling us racist, they call us gullible, in an attempt to end a discussion.....and coincidentally, seen as childish.
steeldco
steeldco
May 21st, 2017 at 4:52:02 PM permalink
Some people just don't get it, I guess. Although some may be concerned, I don't give a shit about either Hillary or Obama. I know enough about Hillary to want to say that she and Trump should be locked up in the same cell and the key thrown away. Obama will go down as pretty much being mediocre, except unless his health bill survives.

Been doing a little reading on gullibility and related lack of self-esteem. Interesting and I do believe is part of the Gullibles' profile.
Sheep is all they are.

You may think that some are wishing for a Trump failure, but the fact is that they view the probability of a Trump failure as high and would wish to avoid it.
rxwine
rxwine
May 21st, 2017 at 6:22:13 PM permalink

I remember when Obama was elected (both times), people on the right thought he was going to be a failure (and in many aspects, was)....but I don't remember hatred toward him and wanting him to fail. Although I'm sure there were people wanting him to fail, it wasn't anywhere near how bad it is now.

Mitch McConnell the Senate minority leader at the time said in 2010, the number one priority was making Obama a one term President.

How's that for a opposition party leader setting the tone?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
May 21st, 2017 at 7:18:19 PM permalink

It's also funny people (ams288 and probably 777) saying stuff about it should be country before party......yet they thrive and wish for a Trump failure.

Saying we "thrive on" Trump failure seems like an admission that he is failing, HARD. Cause I sure am thriving!

There's no need for me to wish for him to fail, he'll accomplish that on his own. He is an awful human being. I want him to suffer and be unhappy. And 120ish days in, seems like my wishes are coming true.
billryan
billryan
May 22nd, 2017 at 1:54:21 AM permalink

Saudis just gave 100 million to the Ivanka Trump Foundation.
Tanko
Tanko
May 22nd, 2017 at 2:46:15 AM permalink

I can give you that and tell you that you will eventually find out is wasn't a good idea.

Yes. of course. Reducing illegal border crossings and deporting criminal illegals is never a good idea.

This coming out of the Softbank Vision fund that announced $100 billion in investments........a month prior to the US elections and at a time when Trump was expected to lose. Nothing special here.

The $100 billion is a global fund. How much of it would have been invested here anyway is unknown. Here is the SoftBank CEO discussing why he is investing $50 billion in the US.

"Because he is a lot of deregulation. This is great. The US will be great again."

From Pratt Industries website..."“We currently operate 68 factories and employ 7000 people and we want to continue to grow those numbers,” said Anthony. “Just here in the Midwest alone we’ve invested almost $500 million dollars since the beginning of 2015.”
Again, nothing new here. Pratt has been making this type of investment here in the US for the past 20 years.

Anthony Pratt on why he "Doubling Down" on the US. 'Confidence in Trump'

This is a win, however it is more than offset by a $5 billion sales loss of beef from pulling out of the TPP. Net loss here.

The new administration favors bilateral rather than multi-national contracts. Expect more bilateral agreements in the region.

I would need evidence on this. MS-13 is a very small part of the gang problem in the US and other than the recent raids, there is really no proof that they are anywhere near "decimated".

MS-13 is only one of many gangs that have been allowed to flourish by the past four administrations.

Trump began his crackdown following the brutal murders on Long Island.

Not decimated yet, but within the first six weeks of Trump's announcement, ICE arrested 1,400 gang members across the nation. Thousands more are still out there.

ICE Arrests

LOL....and the missiles keep flying.

Secretary Tillerson stated yesterday "This is in it's early stages".

This is still developing.

Should we first try squeezing him together with the Chinese, or should we start a war that will kill 25 million people?

A second carrier is on it's way to the Korean peninsula.

So, let the crazy fat kid keep firing his missiles.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Thanked by
SOOPOO
May 22nd, 2017 at 3:23:42 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Saudis just gave 100 million to the Ivanka Trump Foundation.

JohnnyQ's fact-checking service: MOSTLY FALSE, at BEST VERY MIS-LEADING.

source:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/21/529417148/saudis-and-the-uae-will-donate-100-million-to-a-fund-inspired-by-ivanka-trump

excerpt:

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates will donate a combined $100 million to a World Bank fund for women entrepreneurs that was the brainchild of Ivanka Trump.

The World Bank fund, which provides technical help and investment funding for women business owners, differs from the Clinton Foundation in some significant ways. While Ivanka Trump proposed the idea along with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, she is not involved with its operation
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
May 22nd, 2017 at 3:32:39 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

He is an awful human being.

AGREED.

Now having said that, I am impressed that he hasn't embarrassed himself or the country he represents in the first 36 hours on his first international trip. The over/under on that had to be pretty low.
ams288
ams288
May 22nd, 2017 at 5:07:07 AM permalink

If he actually did shoot someone on 5th Avenue, the GOP Congress wouldn't impeach him.

I can see it now:

Paul Ryan: "He was just fulfilling a campaign promise!"
billryan
billryan
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:15:19 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

JohnnyQ's fact-checking service: MOSTLY FALSE, at BEST VERY MIS-LEADING.

source:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/21/529417148/saudis-and-the-uae-will-donate-100-million-to-a-fund-inspired-by-ivanka-trump

excerpt:

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates will donate a combined $100 million to a World Bank fund for women entrepreneurs that was the brainchild of Ivanka Trump.

The World Bank fund, which provides technical help and investment funding for women business owners, differs from the Clinton Foundation in some significant ways. While Ivanka Trump proposed the idea along with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, she is not involved with its operation

Hillary wasn't involved in the operation of the CF while in office or while running. Same difference.
darkoz
darkoz
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:19:42 AM permalink
Michsel flynn refusing to honor congress subpeona. Invoking the fifth
ams288
ams288
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:40:34 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Michsel flynn refusing to honor congress subpeona. Invoking the fifth

Donald in September 2016: "The mob takes the Fifth Amendment. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:52:38 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Donald in September 2016: "The mob takes the Fifth Amendment. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

I hate the 5th Amendment. All of us not in the know citizens just jump to the conclusion that anyone 'Taking the 5th" is guilty, or why would they need to take the 5th? What recourse does the government have if it believes someone is taking the 5th not because they are afraid of being incriminated, but rather because they just don't want to testify (likely to protect someone else, or protect their own reputation?) An example might be that a man has 3 witnesses that prove he wasn't at the scene of a crime, but doesn't want his wife to know the name of the 3 college coeds he was involved with that day....
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:11:25 AM permalink

Since the election, illegal border crossings are down to a trickle, deportations of criminal illegals is speeding up, Mexico and Canada have agreed to renegotiate NAFTA, Toyota announced it will invest $10 billion in the US, Jack Ma has pledged to create 1 million US jobs by allowing small and medium US business to sell to China through Ali Baba's platforms, Japan's SoftBank has pledged $50 billion in US investment, Australian billionaire Anthony Pratt has pledged to invest $2 billion in the US 'due to confidence in Trump', the Saudis just committed to a $350 deal with the US, China has agreed to help US cattle farmers and purchase $2.5 billion in beef. For the first time ever, China has agreed to purchase tons of LNG from the US, the stock market has gained $2 trillion in wealth, for the first time ever, the 10,000 member MS-13 gang is being decimated, and for the first time since Truman, as US President has put North Korea on notice and not backed down.

A very good start.

This is one of the biggest problems... Miss-information. Just like when trump "saved" jobs from leaving to mexico and they paraded it around the news (for 3-4 days while we did fact checking) and everyone was yelling look what good he's doing... until they found out they were still moving 90% of the plant, and that trump offered them tax breaks/etc where they'd essentially MAKE MONEY off the gov to keep the other 10% of the jobs in the US. Thus, we LOST money AND jobs on that deal, but gullibles who WANT to think trump is doing some good would tout this as some triumph.

Someone already tore in to your paragraph point by point, but I seriously encourage you to go do a bit more research of each individual point and see just how, well, pointless your whole post is.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
darkoz
darkoz
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:39:55 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I hate the 5th Amendment. All of us not in the know citizens just jump to the conclusion that anyone 'Taking the 5th" is guilty, or why would they need to take the 5th? What recourse does the government have if it believes someone is taking the 5th not because they are afraid of being incriminated, but rather because they just don't want to testify (likely to protect someone else, or protect their own reputation?) An example might be that a man has 3 witnesses that prove he wasn't at the scene of a crime, but doesn't want his wife to know the name of the 3 college coeds he was involved with that day....

I agree in general with what you are saying but Flynn has requested immunity from prosecution in return for testimony as to what he knows. Until he gets that hes pleading thw fifth

Certainly you dont think if he is finally granted immunity his testimony will be "I did nothing and know nothing. I just didnt want to incriminate myself. Thanks for nothing"
ams288
ams288
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:43:26 AM permalink
I was thinking about creating a new thread with a poll asking who would be the first member of Trump's inner circle that he pardons, but at this point it seems all too clear that it will be Flynn...

Kushner a distant 2nd.
ams288
ams288
May 22nd, 2017 at 10:06:12 AM permalink
I think the only person who hates Donald more than me is.... Melania.

steeldco
steeldco
May 22nd, 2017 at 11:10:22 AM permalink
Here's a quote out of something called "The Daily Beast":
"The U.S. oil industry is enjoying asurge in production, which has shot up 86 percent since 2008. Unshackled by Congress and enabled by the most oil-friendly president in decades, the industry aims to transform the American landscape with tens of billions of dollars in new pipelines, storage depots, and export terminals.
That includes the Dakota Access pipeline, scene of the yearlong protests at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation, which was slated to begin transporting oil on Sunday."

My initial thought after reading this is that Trump and the Lilliputians will look to slow down production for his new Saudi friends. You know, since they gave him a bright new shinny thing......

On a separate note, McMaster has lost some respect. Such a shame that he is dragged down into the muck.

Lastly, Biden thinking about running in 2020? I kinda like the guy, but the last thing we need is another old man who is going to be subject to losing his mind.
  • Jump to: