Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
May 22nd, 2017 at 5:07:07 AM permalink
Quote: steeldco

Gotta give Trump credit for being correct in this statement....
""I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here."

If he actually did shoot someone on 5th Avenue, the GOP Congress wouldn't impeach him.

I can see it now:

Paul Ryan: "He was just fulfilling a campaign promise!"
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:15:19 AM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

JohnnyQ's fact-checking service: MOSTLY FALSE, at BEST VERY MIS-LEADING.

source:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/21/529417148/saudis-and-the-uae-will-donate-100-million-to-a-fund-inspired-by-ivanka-trump

excerpt:

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates will donate a combined $100 million to a World Bank fund for women entrepreneurs that was the brainchild of Ivanka Trump.

The World Bank fund, which provides technical help and investment funding for women business owners, differs from the Clinton Foundation in some significant ways. While Ivanka Trump proposed the idea along with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, she is not involved with its operation

Hillary wasn't involved in the operation of the CF while in office or while running. Same difference.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 272
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:19:42 AM permalink
Michsel flynn refusing to honor congress subpeona. Invoking the fifth
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ams288
ams288
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:40:34 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Michsel flynn refusing to honor congress subpeona. Invoking the fifth

Donald in September 2016: "The mob takes the Fifth Amendment. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 116
May 22nd, 2017 at 7:52:38 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Donald in September 2016: "The mob takes the Fifth Amendment. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

I hate the 5th Amendment. All of us not in the know citizens just jump to the conclusion that anyone 'Taking the 5th" is guilty, or why would they need to take the 5th? What recourse does the government have if it believes someone is taking the 5th not because they are afraid of being incriminated, but rather because they just don't want to testify (likely to protect someone else, or protect their own reputation?) An example might be that a man has 3 witnesses that prove he wasn't at the scene of a crime, but doesn't want his wife to know the name of the 3 college coeds he was involved with that day....
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:11:25 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Since the election, illegal border crossings are down to a trickle, deportations of criminal illegals is speeding up, Mexico and Canada have agreed to renegotiate NAFTA, Toyota announced it will invest $10 billion in the US, Jack Ma has pledged to create 1 million US jobs by allowing small and medium US business to sell to China through Ali Baba's platforms, Japan's SoftBank has pledged $50 billion in US investment, Australian billionaire Anthony Pratt has pledged to invest $2 billion in the US 'due to confidence in Trump', the Saudis just committed to a $350 deal with the US, China has agreed to help US cattle farmers and purchase $2.5 billion in beef. For the first time ever, China has agreed to purchase tons of LNG from the US, the stock market has gained $2 trillion in wealth, for the first time ever, the 10,000 member MS-13 gang is being decimated, and for the first time since Truman, as US President has put North Korea on notice and not backed down.

After meeting with Trump, Chinese President Xi Jinping referring to Trump warned Kim Jong-un, "He's not bluffing". Do you think he would have said that about Obama or Clinton?

Then he proceeded to back it up by suspending coal shipments from North Korea, and for the first time ever, China abstained from voting against a US position, by abstaining in the UN vote to condemn the US raids on the Syrian airfield after Assad attacked his own people with sarin gas.

Do you think Hillary could have achieved any of that?

A very good start.

This is one of the biggest problems... Miss-information. Just like when trump "saved" jobs from leaving to mexico and they paraded it around the news (for 3-4 days while we did fact checking) and everyone was yelling look what good he's doing... until they found out they were still moving 90% of the plant, and that trump offered them tax breaks/etc where they'd essentially MAKE MONEY off the gov to keep the other 10% of the jobs in the US. Thus, we LOST money AND jobs on that deal, but gullibles who WANT to think trump is doing some good would tout this as some triumph.

Someone already tore in to your paragraph point by point, but I seriously encourage you to go do a bit more research of each individual point and see just how, well, pointless your whole post is.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 272
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:39:55 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I hate the 5th Amendment. All of us not in the know citizens just jump to the conclusion that anyone 'Taking the 5th" is guilty, or why would they need to take the 5th? What recourse does the government have if it believes someone is taking the 5th not because they are afraid of being incriminated, but rather because they just don't want to testify (likely to protect someone else, or protect their own reputation?) An example might be that a man has 3 witnesses that prove he wasn't at the scene of a crime, but doesn't want his wife to know the name of the 3 college coeds he was involved with that day....

I agree in general with what you are saying but Flynn has requested immunity from prosecution in return for testimony as to what he knows. Until he gets that hes pleading thw fifth

Certainly you dont think if he is finally granted immunity his testimony will be "I did nothing and know nothing. I just didnt want to incriminate myself. Thanks for nothing"
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
ams288
ams288
May 22nd, 2017 at 8:43:26 AM permalink
I was thinking about creating a new thread with a poll asking who would be the first member of Trump's inner circle that he pardons, but at this point it seems all too clear that it will be Flynn...

Kushner a distant 2nd.
ams288
ams288
May 22nd, 2017 at 10:06:12 AM permalink
I think the only person who hates Donald more than me is.... Melania.

steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
May 22nd, 2017 at 11:10:22 AM permalink
Here's a quote out of something called "The Daily Beast":
"The U.S. oil industry is enjoying asurge in production, which has shot up 86 percent since 2008. Unshackled by Congress and enabled by the most oil-friendly president in decades, the industry aims to transform the American landscape with tens of billions of dollars in new pipelines, storage depots, and export terminals.
That includes the Dakota Access pipeline, scene of the yearlong protests at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation, which was slated to begin transporting oil on Sunday."

My initial thought after reading this is that Trump and the Lilliputians will look to slow down production for his new Saudi friends. You know, since they gave him a bright new shinny thing......

On a separate note, McMaster has lost some respect. Such a shame that he is dragged down into the muck.

Lastly, Biden thinking about running in 2020? I kinda like the guy, but the last thing we need is another old man who is going to be subject to losing his mind.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.

• Jump to: