Thread Rating:

TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
July 21st, 2016 at 12:45:07 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

When the robber took my $10, he benefited. Who benefited when I was robbed of $10 by inflation?

I like this analogy. Except the cost of pies have not gone up $10. The single serving ones (with like 500 Calories) are still 50-cents at WalMart. Which means you can still buy almost as much pie and soda now for $1 as you could years ago. Except your also making more money today than you were years ago. Where did that more money come from? Your boss, most likely. Where did she get her money? From customers probably. And where did they get their money? From their bosses, who got their money from you who got your money from your boss and the whole thing becomes completely circular and we must conclude the reason we can buy so much more pie and soda today than years ago is because of how great our presidents have been at handling the inflation rate correctly.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
July 21st, 2016 at 12:55:41 PM permalink

Quote: MathExtremist

The absolute dollar amount doesn't matter. The dollar amount relative to what you can buy with it matters. How many working adults did you know growing up that made $40,000/year? How many working adults do you know today that don't?

If someone walks up to me with a gun and takes the $10 I have in my pocket, I KNOW I've been robbed. If I can buy so many Hostess Pies with $90, yet a year from now I have to pay $100 for the same amount of pies, how come you don't know that I've been robbed? Where did the $10 go? I worked my butt off to earn that $10. Where did the $10 go?

When the robber took my $10, he benefited. Who benefited when I was robbed of $10 by inflation?

Hostess, because they raised their prices. That's not inflation, that's a price change. Are you saying that your salary doesn't increase even though the cost of your pies did? That's a shame for you, but that's certainly not the experience of many people. There is a lot of literature out there on the history of salaries, productivity, CPI, GDP and cost-of-living indices over the past 50 years. You should read it.

Ultimately, money is just an abstraction. $5 doesn't mean anything, like "this is how much a meal costs." Purchasing power is about what you can buy with what you earn. If you can buy a pie and Coke for 0.01% of your annual income, why does it matter what year it is or whether the price is $5 or $500? It's still 0.01% of your income. The only truly limited resource is your time, and if you're spending 12 minutes working in order to earn enough money to buy the pie and Coke, it doesn't matter whether you did that in the 1950s or yesterday. Time is money. Many people's efforts are yielding somewhat lower returns than they used to, and a few people's efforts are yielding far greater returns. That's the crux of the wealth gap and why so many middle-class voters are angry.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
July 21st, 2016 at 1:30:34 PM permalink

In the early 1950s, which is where I'd guess Mr. Bartop begins his life experience, the average annual salary was roughly $3500. Today it's over 10x that. That's not a matter of opinion or politics, it's a fact. It's not like he's crying over the days when he could get cavities for 50c but his dad was making $50,000. If both income and costs have increased by 10x, you haven't lost any purchasing power, all you've done is add zeroes to everything.

I'll tellya what, don't start in the 50s, start in 1965. That's the difference. It's not that the value of things has risen, it's that the value of the dollar has gone down. Why? Because by definition "dollar" used to mean ONE OUNCE of silver. Now "dollar" means, dollar. I do not expect you to be able to wrap your head around that concept because the Keynesians already got ahold of you and warped your brain in college. You need to sue for your tuition back. And then let's go to the track, I got a hot one running today.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 21st, 2016 at 1:38:17 PM permalink

Hostess, because they raised their prices. That's not inflation, that's a price change.

Oh my God, those professors really did a number on you. HELLO! It's the MONEY SUPPLY!

And check this out. I never even went to high school. lol I know more about this crap than you do. Thank goodness I didn't go to school, I wouldn't want to be so messed up.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 21st, 2016 at 2:07:28 PM permalink

Oh my God, those professors really did a number on you. HELLO! It's the MONEY SUPPLY!

And check this out. I never even went to high school. lol I know more about this crap than you do. Thank goodness I didn't go to school, I wouldn't want to be so messed up.

So if a Hostess pie costs $0.90 one year and $1.00 the next year, it's not because Hostess raised their prices by $0.10/pie, it's the MONEY SUPPLY. Got it, thanks for the lesson.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 21st, 2016 at 2:30:47 PM permalink

So if a Hostess pie costs $0.90 one year and $1.00 the next year, it's not because Hostess raised their prices by $0.10/pie, it's the MONEY SUPPLY. Got it, thanks for the lesson.

Yes, it's the money supply. In 1964, you could buy one pie with a dime. That dime, was a 1/10th of an ounce of silver. If you had put that dime in your pocket and never washed your pants until yesterday, you could take that same dime today and buy ONE pie.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 21st, 2016 at 2:56:10 PM permalink

More money supply means more money chasing the same number of goods barring a major rise in productivity and supply. There has to be some increase to account for the increase in population. But when money supply increases beyond that then inflation happens. When it gets really bad you get hyperinflation, Venezuela is a current example. Printing presses run, money handed out, prices skyrocket.

If the money supply were constant then inflation would be impossible since the same amount of money would always be available. Maybe people would switch from Coke to Pepsi causing the price of the later to rise, but Coke would not be able to raise prices without demand there.

Why do you think stocks are up so much? QE collapsed interest rates forcing hot money into stocks to get acceptable returns.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 21st, 2016 at 2:57:41 PM permalink

Yes, it's the money supply. In 1964, you could buy one pie with a dime. That dime, was a 1/10th of an ounce of silver. If you had put that dime in your pocket and never washed your pants until yesterday, you could take that same dime today and buy ONE pie.

Dead wrong. The spot price today of 1/10th ounce of silver is about $2. Inflation since 1964 was 677% so you're looking at a pie costing $0.78 from the original $0.10. Therefore, you can buy two and a half pies for the same amount of silver now as you could in 1964.
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 21st, 2016 at 3:30:17 PM permalink

Dead wrong. The spot price today of 1/10th ounce of silver is about $2.

That's right, a pie costs $2 today. I don't know what the friggin pie cost in 1964 but I was just making an example. I said it cost a dime as an example. If a pie cost a dime back then, you could take that same dime today and buy ONE pie. It's not the value of the pie that has changed, it's the value of the dollar that's changed. Rising prices is not inflation. Rising prices is an EFFECT of inflation. Inflation is an INCREASE IN THE MONEY SUPPLY.

My horse just finished last. Don't talk to me.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 21st, 2016 at 3:32:10 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

If the money supply were constant then inflation would be impossible since the same amount of money would always be available. Maybe people would switch from Coke to Pepsi causing the price of the later to rise, but Coke would not be able to raise prices without demand there.

How do you propose to constrain the money supply without prohibiting fractional-reserve lending and, um, destroying the banking industry?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 21st, 2016 at 3:44:06 PM permalink

That's right, a pie costs $2 today. I don't know what the friggin pie cost in 1964 but I was just making an example. I said it cost a dime as an example. If a pie cost a dime back then, you could take that same dime today and buy ONE pie. It's not the value of the pie that has changed, it's the value of the dollar that's changed. Rising prices is not inflation. Rising prices is an EFFECT of inflation. Inflation is an INCREASE IN THE MONEY SUPPLY.

My horse just finished last. Don't talk to me.

Sorry about your horse but I don't think you really understand inflation or purchasing power.

Inflation is not always a bad thing. In fact, low and slow inflation is a completely necessary thing in a growing economy and population.
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 21st, 2016 at 4:18:31 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Sorry about your horse but I don't think you really understand inflation or purchasing power.

Inflation is not always a bad thing. In fact, low and slow inflation is a completely necessary thing in a growing economy and population.

Thanks for the kind words on my loss.

As for inflation, if it ain't such a bad thing, then why can't I do it? If I do it, they'll throw me in jail for counterfeiting. They can do it, why can't I do it? I'm not joking.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 21st, 2016 at 4:48:04 PM permalink

How do you propose to constrain the money supply without prohibiting fractional-reserve lending and, um, destroying the banking industry?

That has always been the trick. The whole system is designed to steal 1-2% a year from savers in the form of inflation. At that rate you lose half the value of your money every generation (30 years.) Pre-1970 this was the case. 1970-1980 a dollar lost half its value, it ten stinking years! 1960-1965 it lost 6%. Lost 21% 196-1970.

What were the differences pre and post 1965? The LBJ tiwn wars and in 1965 silver was removed from coinage.

$1 in 1914 cost $3.09 in 1964
$1 in 1965 cost $7.58 in 2016

Which 50 years had the more inflation?

The banking industry really has become based on fees. 4/6/4 is a thing of the past.

Going to end up in serious inflation when all the cheap money tries to find a home or a huge crash when the meth of low interest rates is taken away. Either way those born since 1980 will feel pain like never before in their lives. Might even be worse than the 1970s.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 21st, 2016 at 5:13:28 PM permalink

That has always been the trick. The whole system is designed to steal 1-2% a year from savers in the form of inflation.

Sticking your money in the mattress is not saving, it's letting your assets rot. It's no different than buying a gallon of milk, letting it sit on your porch for a year, and then trying to sell it to someone else for the same price. Cash, like milk, loses value over time. That's the way it's *supposed* to work.

Any intentional policy to constrain inflation to zero must also constrain growth to zero. Are you willing to enact a stasis policy for the entire country? No population growth so we have birth licenses and a China-style one child policy? No new research or product development -- everything has to stay exactly the same so you can guarantee that the cost of a pie will always be 10 cents? No securities trading, because why bother if the prices are always static? Will you forbid all companies from growing their profits?

The economy is a dynamic system and its natural trajectory is growth due to for-profit enterprises being successful. I can't believe I'm explaining this to a conservative.

Trying to prevent the economy from growing is like trying to prevent your fingernails from growing. The only way to do it is to hurt yourself.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 21st, 2016 at 5:28:19 PM permalink

Sticking your money in the mattress is not saving, it's letting your assets rot. It's no different than buying a gallon of milk, letting it sit on your porch for a year, and then trying to sell it to someone else for the same price. Cash, like milk, loses value over time. That's the way it's *supposed* to work.

It is a bit different because one is a natural decay the other is theft by the hand of the central bank.

Quote:

Any intentional policy to constrain inflation to zero must also constrain growth to zero.

Ah, no. Because inflation is not growth. Inflation is too much money chasing too little supply of goods. Technology will grow industries without inflation. Look at computers as an example there. Or look at food production. Or most commodity production.

You are confusing fractional banking with increasing money supply. I wrote several long posts explaining this here several years ago. A bank could hold physical gold and issue certificates for it, then take deposits as well as loan it out. New money is not really created as in the end all the debits and credits balance. Physical new gold would enter the system when mined, allowing expansion but expansion when something was created.

The inflation happening in the money supply is because the Fed has been on a tear just printing money to buy assets, mainly bonds. It is what would happen in a closed poker game with no rake and nobody could leave, but one bad player could just add cheques at will. As time went on, bets would keep getting bigger because more money was in the game. That is QE.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 21st, 2016 at 6:52:51 PM permalink
More evidence that the Trump campaign is not ready for prime time: someone leaked Trump's entire speech to a Hillary Super Pac. D'oh!

Quote: Donald Trump, reading awfully from a TelePrompTer

Friends, delegates and fellow Americans: I humbly and gratefully accept your nomination for the presidency of the United States.

Together, we will lead our party back to the White House, and we will lead our country back to safety, prosperity, and peace. We will be a country of generosity and warmth. But we will also be a country of law and order.

Our Convention occurs at a moment of crisis for our nation. The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life. Any politician who does not grasp this danger is not fit to lead our country.

Americans watching this address tonight have seen the recent images of violence in our streets and the chaos in our communities. Many have witnessed this violence personally, some have even been its victims.

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored.

The most basic duty of government is to defend the lives of its own citizens. Any government that fails to do so is a government unworthy to lead.

It is finally time for a straightforward assessment of the state of our nation.

I will present the facts plainly and honestly. We cannot afford to be so politically correct anymore.

So if you want to hear the corporate spin, the carefully-crafted lies, and the media myths the Democrats are holding their convention next week.

But here, at our convention, there will be no lies. We will honor the American people with the truth, and nothing else.

These are the facts:

Decades of progress made in bringing down crime are now being reversed by this Administration’s rollback of criminal enforcement.

Homicides last year increased by 17% in America’s fifty largest cities. That’s the largest increase in 25 years. In our nation’s capital, killings have risen by 50 percent. They are up nearly 60% in nearby Baltimore.

In the President’s hometown of Chicago, more than 2,000 have been the victims of shootings this year alone. And more than 3,600 have been killed in the Chicago area since he took office.

The number of police officers killed in the line of duty has risen by almost 50% compared to this point last year. Nearly 180,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records, ordered deported from our country, are tonight roaming free to threaten peaceful citizens.

The number of new illegal immigrant families who have crossed the border so far this year already exceeds the entire total from 2015. They are being released by the tens of thousands into our communities with no regard for the impact on public safety or resources.

One such border-crosser was released and made his way to Nebraska. There, he ended the life of an innocent young girl named Sarah Root. She was 21 years-old, and was killed the day after graduating from college with a 4.0 Grade Point Average. Her killer was then released a second time, and he is now a fugitive from the law.

I’ve met Sarah’s beautiful family. But to this Administration, their amazing daughter was just one more American life that wasn’t worth protecting. One more child to sacrifice on the altar of open borders. What about our economy?

Again, I will tell you the plain facts that have been edited out of your nightly news and your morning newspaper: Nearly Four in 10 African-American children are living in poverty, while 58% of African American youth are not employed. 2 million more Latinos are in poverty today than when the President took his oath of office less than eight years ago. Another 14 million people have left the workforce entirely.

Household incomes are down more than $4,000 since the year 2000. Our manufacturing trade deficit has reached an all-time high – nearly $800 billion in a single year. The budget is no better.

President Obama has doubled our national debt to more than $19 trillion, and growing. Yet, what do we have to show for it? Our roads and bridges are falling apart, our airports are in Third World condition, and forty-three million Americans are on food stamps.

Now let us consider the state of affairs abroad.

Not only have our citizens endured domestic disaster, but they have lived through one international humiliation after another. We all remember the images of our sailors being forced to their knees by their Iranian captors at gunpoint.

This was just prior to the signing of the Iran deal, which gave back to Iran $150 billion and gave us nothing – it will go down in history as one of the worst deals ever made. Another humiliation came when president Obama drew a red line in Syria – and the whole world knew it meant nothing.

In Libya, our consulate – the symbol of American prestige around the globe – was brought down in flames. America is far less safe – and the world is far less stable – than when Obama made the decision to put Hillary Clinton in charge of America’s foreign policy.

I am certain it is a decision he truly regrets. Her bad instincts and her bad judgment – something pointed out by Bernie Sanders – are what caused the disasters unfolding today. Let’s review the record. In 2009, pre-Hillary, ISIS was not even on the map.

Libya was cooperating. Egypt was peaceful. Iraq was seeing a reduction in violence. Iran was being choked by sanctions. Syria was under control. After four years of Hillary Clinton, what do we have? ISIS has spread across the region, and the world. Libya is in ruins, and our Ambassador and his staff were left helpless to die at the hands of savage killers. Egypt was turned over to the radical Muslim brotherhood, forcing the military to retake control. Iraq is in chaos.

Iran is on the path to nuclear weapons. Syria is engulfed in a civil war and a refugee crisis that now threatens the West. After fifteen years of wars in the Middle East, after trillions of dollars spent and thousands of lives lost, the situation is worse than it has ever been before.

This is the legacy of Hillary Clinton: death, destruction and weakness.

But Hillary Clinton’s legacy does not have to be America’s legacy. The problems we face now – poverty and violence at home, war and destruction abroad – will last only as long as we continue relying on the same politicians who created them. A change in leadership is required to change these outcomes. Tonight, I will share with you my plan of action for America.

The most important difference between our plan and that of our opponents, is that our plan will put America First. Americanism, not globalism, will be our credo. As long as we are led by politicians who will not put America First, then we can be assured that other nations will not treat America with respect. This will all change in 2017.

The American People will come first once again. My plan will begin with safety at home – which means safe neighborhoods, secure borders, and protection from terrorism. There can be no prosperity without law and order. On the economy, I will outline reforms to add millions of new jobs and trillions in new wealth that can be used to rebuild America.

A number of these reforms that I will outline tonight will be opposed by some of our nation’s most powerful special interests. That is because these interests have rigged our political and economic system for their exclusive benefit.

Big business, elite media and major donors are lining up behind the campaign of my opponent because they know she will keep our rigged system in place. They are throwing money at her because they have total control over everything she does. She is their puppet, and they pull the strings.

That is why Hillary Clinton’s message is that things will never change. My message is that things have to change – and they have to change right now. Every day I wake up determined to deliver for the people I have met all across this nation that have been neglected, ignored, and abandoned.

I have visited the laid-off factory workers, and the communities crushed by our horrible and unfair trade deals. These are the forgotten men and women of our country. People who work hard but no longer have a voice.

I AM YOUR VOICE.

I have embraced crying mothers who have lost their children because our politicians put their personal agendas before the national good. I have no patience for injustice, no tolerance for government incompetence, no sympathy for leaders who fail their citizens.

When innocent people suffer, because our political system lacks the will, or the courage, or the basic decency to enforce our laws – or worse still, has sold out to some corporate lobbyist for cash – I am not able to look the other way.

And when a Secretary of State illegally stores her emails on a private server, deletes 33,000 of them so the authorities can’t see her crime, puts our country at risk, lies about it in every different form and faces no consequence – I know that corruption has reached a level like never before.

When the FBI Director says that the Secretary of State was “extremely careless” and “negligent,” in handling our classified secrets, I also know that these terms are minor compared to what she actually did. They were just used to save her from facing justice for her terrible crimes.

In fact, her single greatest accomplishment may be committing such an egregious crime and getting away with it – especially when others have paid so dearly. When that same Secretary of State rakes in millions of dollars trading access and favors to special interests and foreign powers I know the time for action has come.

I have joined the political arena so that the powerful can no longer beat up on people that cannot defend themselves. Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it. I have seen firsthand how the system is rigged against our citizens, just like it was rigged against Bernie Sanders – he never had a chance.

But his supporters will join our movement, because we will fix his biggest issue: trade. Millions of Democrats will join our movement because we are going to fix the system so it works for all Americans. In this cause, I am proud to have at my side the next Vice President of the United States: Governor Mike Pence of Indiana.

We will bring the same economic success to America that Mike brought to Indiana. He is a man of character and accomplishment. He is the right man for the job. The first task for our new Administration will be to liberate our citizens from the crime and terrorism and lawlessness that threatens their communities.

America was shocked to its core when our police officers in Dallas were brutally executed. In the days after Dallas, we have seen continued threats and violence against our law enforcement officials. Law officers have been shot or killed in recent days in Georgia, Missouri, Wisconsin, Kansas, Michigan and Tennessee.

On Sunday, more police were gunned down in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Three were killed, and four were badly injured. An attack on law enforcement is an attack on all Americans. I have a message to every last person threatening the peace on our streets and the safety of our police: when I take the oath of office next year, I will restore law and order our country.

I will work with, and appoint, the best prosecutors and law enforcement officials in the country to get the job done. In this race for the White House, I am the Law And Order candidate. The irresponsible rhetoric of our President, who has used the pulpit of the presidency to divide us by race and color, has made America a more dangerous environment for everyone.

This Administration has failed America’s inner cities. It’s failed them on education. It’s failed them on jobs. It’s failed them on crime. It’s failed them at every level.

When I am President, I will work to ensure that all of our kids are treated equally, and protected equally.

Every action I take, I will ask myself: does this make life better for young Americans in Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Ferguson who have as much of a right to live out their dreams as any other child America?

To make life safe in America, we must also address the growing threats we face from outside America: we are going to defeat the barbarians of ISIS. Once again, France is the victim of brutal Islamic terrorism.

Men, women and children viciously mowed down. Lives ruined. Families ripped apart. A nation in mourning.

The damage and devastation that can be inflicted by Islamic radicals has been over and over – at the World Trade Center, at an office party in San Bernardino, at the Boston Marathon, and a military recruiting center in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Only weeks ago, in Orlando, Florida, 49 wonderful Americans were savagely murdered by an Islamic terrorist. This time, the terrorist targeted our LGBT community. As your President, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBT citizens from the violence and oppression of a hateful foreign ideology. To protect us from terrorism, we need to focus on three things.

We must have the best intelligence gathering operation in the world. We must abandon the failed policy of nation building and regime change that Hillary Clinton pushed in Iraq, Libya, Egypt and Syria. Instead, we must work with all of our allies who share our goal of destroying ISIS and stamping out Islamic terror.

This includes working with our greatest ally in the region, the State of Israel. Lastly, we must immediately suspend immigration from any nation that has been compromised by terrorism until such time as proven vetting mechanisms have been put in place.

My opponent has called for a radical 550% increase in Syrian refugees on top of existing massive refugee flows coming into our country under President Obama. She proposes this despite the fact that there’s no way to screen these refugees in order to find out who they are or where they come from. I only want to admit individuals into our country who will support our values and love our people.

Anyone who endorses violence, hatred or oppression is not welcome in our country and never will be.

Decades of record immigration have produced lower wages and higher unemployment for our citizens, especially for African-American and Latino workers. We are going to have an immigration system that works, but one that works for the American people.

On Monday, we heard from three parents whose children were killed by illegal immigrants Mary Ann Mendoza, Sabine Durden, and Jamiel Shaw. They are just three brave representatives of many thousands. Of all my travels in this country, nothing has affected me more deeply than the time I have spent with the mothers and fathers who have lost their children to violence spilling across our border.

These families have no special interests to represent them. There are no demonstrators to protest on their behalf. My opponent will never meet with them, or share in their pain. Instead, my opponent wants Sanctuary Cities. But where was sanctuary for Kate Steinle? Where was Sanctuary for the children of Mary Ann, Sabine and Jamiel? Where was sanctuary for all the other Americans who have been so brutally murdered, and who have suffered so horribly?

These wounded American families have been alone. But they are alone no longer. Tonight, this candidate and this whole nation stand in their corner to support them, to send them our love, and to pledge in their honor that we will save countless more families from suffering the same awful fate.

We are going to build a great border wall to stop illegal immigration, to stop the gangs and the violence, and to stop the drugs from pouring into our communities. I have been honored to receive the endorsement of America’s Border Patrol Agents, and will work directly with them to protect the integrity of our lawful immigration system.

By ending catch-and-release on the border, we will stop the cycle of human smuggling and violence. Illegal border crossings will go down. Peace will be restored. By enforcing the rules for the millions who overstay their visas, our laws will finally receive the respect they deserve.

Tonight, I want every American whose demands for immigration security have been denied – and every politician who has denied them – to listen very closely to the words I am about to say.

On January 21st of 2017, the day after I take the oath of office, Americans will finally wake up in a country where the laws of the United States are enforced. We are going to be considerate and compassionate to everyone.

But my greatest compassion will be for our own struggling citizens. My plan is the exact opposite of the radical and dangerous immigration policy of Hillary Clinton. Americans want relief from uncontrolled immigration. Communities want relief.

Yet Hillary Clinton is proposing mass amnesty, mass immigration, and mass lawlessness. Her plan will overwhelm your schools and hospitals, further reduce your jobs and wages, and make it harder for recent immigrants to escape from poverty.

I have a different vision for our workers. It begins with a new, fair trade policy that protects our jobs and stands up to countries that cheat. It’s been a signature message of my campaign from day one, and it will be a signature feature of my presidency from the moment I take the oath of office.

I have made billions of dollars in business making deals – now I’m going to make our country rich again. I am going to turn our bad trade agreements into great ones. America has lost nearly-one third of its manufacturing jobs since 1997, following the enactment of disastrous trade deals supported by Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Remember, it was Bill Clinton who signed NAFTA, one of the worst economic deals ever made by our country.

Never again.

I am going to bring our jobs back to Ohio and to America – and I am not going to let companies move to other countries, firing their employees along the way, without consequences.

My opponent, on the other hand, has supported virtually every trade agreement that has been destroying our middle class. She supported NAFTA, and she supported China’s entrance into the World Trade Organization – another one of her husband’s colossal mistakes.

She supported the job killing trade deal with South Korea. She has supported the Trans-Pacific Partnership. The TPP will not only destroy our manufacturing, but it will make America subject to the rulings of foreign governments. I pledge to never sign any trade agreement that hurts our workers, or that diminishes our freedom and independence. Instead, I will make individual deals with individual countries.

No longer will we enter into these massive deals, with many countries, that are thousands of pages long – and which no one from our country even reads or understands. We are going to enforce all trade violations, including through the use of taxes and tariffs, against any country that cheats.

This includes stopping China’s outrageous theft of intellectual property, along with their illegal product dumping, and their devastating currency manipulation. Our horrible trade agreements with China and many others, will be totally renegotiated. That includes renegotiating NAFTA to get a much better deal for America – and we’ll walk away if we don’t get the deal that we want. We are going to start building and making things again.

Next comes the reform of our tax laws, regulations and energy rules. While Hillary Clinton plans a massive tax increase, I have proposed the largest tax reduction of any candidate who has declared for the presidential race this year – Democrat or Republican. Middle-income Americans will experience profound relief, and taxes will be simplified for everyone.

America is one of the highest-taxed nations in the world. Reducing taxes will cause new companies and new jobs to come roaring back into our country. Then we are going to deal with the issue of regulation, one of the greatest job-killers of them all. Excessive regulation is costing our country as much as $2 trillion a year, and we will end it. We are going to lift the restrictions on the production of American energy. This will produce more than $20 trillion in job creating economic activity over the next four decades.

My opponent, on the other hand, wants to put the great miners and steel workers of our country out of work – that will never happen when I am President. With these new economic policies, trillions of dollars will start flowing into our country.

This new wealth will improve the quality of life for all Americans – We will build the roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, and the railways of tomorrow. This, in turn, will create millions more jobs. We will rescue kids from failing schools by helping their parents send them to a safe school of their choice.

My opponent would rather protect education bureaucrats than serve American children. We will repeal and replace disastrous Obamacare. You will be able to choose your own doctor again. And we will fix TSA at the airports! We will completely rebuild our depleted military, and the countries that we protect, at a massive loss, will be asked to pay their fair share.

We will take care of our great Veterans like they have never been taken care of before. My opponent dismissed the VA scandal as being not widespread – one more sign of how out of touch she really is. We are going to ask every Department Head in government to provide a list of wasteful spending projects that we can eliminate in my first 100 days. The politicians have talked about it, I’m going to do it. We are also going to appoint justices to the United States Supreme Court who will uphold our laws and our Constitution.

The replacement for Justice Scalia will be a person of similar views and principles. This will be one of the most important issues decided by this election. My opponent wants to essentially abolish the 2nd amendment. I, on the other hand, received the early and strong endorsement of the National Rifle Association and will protect the right of all Americans to keep their families safe.

At this moment, I would like to thank the evangelical community who have been so good to me and so supportive. You have so much to contribute to our politics, yet our laws prevent you from speaking your minds from your own pulpits.

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans. We can accomplish these great things, and so much else – all we need to do is start believing in ourselves and in our country again. It is time to show the whole world that America Is Back – bigger, and better and stronger than ever before.

In this journey, I’m so lucky to have at my side my wife Melania and my wonderful children, Don, Ivanka, Eric, Tiffany, and Barron: you will always be my greatest source of pride and joy. My Dad, Fred Trump, was the smartest and hardest working man I ever knew. I wonder sometimes what he’d say if he were here to see this tonight.

It’s because of him that I learned, from my youngest age, to respect the dignity of work and the dignity of working people. He was a guy most comfortable in the company of bricklayers, carpenters, and electricians and I have a lot of that in me also. Then there’s my mother, Mary. She was strong, but also warm and fair-minded. She was a truly great mother. She was also one of the most honest and charitable people I have ever known, and a great judge of character.

To my sisters Mary Anne and Elizabeth, my brother Robert and my late brother Fred, I will always give you my love you are most special to me. I have loved my life in business.

But now, my sole and exclusive mission is to go to work for our country – to go to work for all of you. It’s time to deliver a victory for the American people. But to do that, we must break free from the petty politics of the past.

America is a nation of believers, dreamers, and strivers that is being led by a group of censors, critics, and cynics.

Remember: all of the people telling you that you can’t have the country you want, are the same people telling you that I wouldn’t be standing here tonight. No longer can we rely on those elites in media, and politics, who will say anything to keep a rigged system in place.

Instead, we must choose to Believe In America. History is watching us now.

It’s waiting to see if we will rise to the occasion, and if we will show the whole world that America is still free and independent and strong.

My opponent asks her supporters to recite a three-word loyalty pledge. It reads: “I’m With Her”. I choose to recite a different pledge.

My pledge reads: “I’M WITH YOU – THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.”

I am your voice.

So to every parent who dreams for their child, and every child who dreams for their future, I say these words to you tonight: I’m With You, and I will fight for you, and I will win for you.

To all Americans tonight, in all our cities and towns, I make this promise: We Will Make America Strong Again.

We Will Make America Proud Again.

We Will Make America Safe Again.

And We Will Make America Great Again.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 21st, 2016 at 7:18:59 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

More evidence that the Trump campaign is not ready for prime time: someone leaked Trump's entire speech to a Hillary Super Pac. D'oh!

Are you comparing him to Hillary who let her server be hacked by everyone then?
ams288
ams288
July 21st, 2016 at 7:21:06 PM permalink

Are you comparing him to Hillary who let her server be hacked by everyone then?

Prove it. :)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 21st, 2016 at 7:23:53 PM permalink

Prove it. :)

Been proven over and over.
ams288
ams288
July 21st, 2016 at 7:31:20 PM permalink

Been proven over and over.

Hasn't been proven once. According to the FBI director, at least. It in your head, I'm sure you know more about it than him though...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 21st, 2016 at 7:33:39 PM permalink

Hasn't been proven once. According to the FBI director, at least. It in your head, I'm sure you know more about it than him though...

Maybe you need to live in reality. An unprotected server under the bathroom sink? Putin probably got her emails before she did.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 21st, 2016 at 10:16:58 PM permalink

You are confusing fractional banking with increasing money supply. I wrote several long posts explaining this here several years ago. A bank could hold physical gold and issue certificates for it, then take deposits as well as loan it out. New money is not really created as in the end all the debits and credits balance. Physical new gold would enter the system when mined, allowing expansion but expansion when something was created.

Mining isn't creating, it's extracting. You're not making gold when you mine, you're simply moving it from one place to another, more accessible place. In your gold economy, do you take into account only terrestrial gold, or do you also use the gold on other planets? How do you expect such an economy from collapsing under hyperinflation when James Cameron's asteroid mining project succeeds?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/asteroid-mining-venture-backed-by-james-cameron-google-ceo-larry-page/
There are quadrillions of dollars in mineral resources in this solar system alone, more than the entire economic output of the human species throughout our entire history. Of course, bringing those mineral resources to Earth would destroy your proposed mineral-based economy, so how do you regulate mining?

No reputable economists think a gold standard is a good idea. You can't control the commodity supply and therefore you can't control the economy -- look no further than Bitcoin for the most recent example. If the US dollar had behaved the way Bitcoin did, the US economy would have entirely imploded. Bobbartop thinks it's a travesty that a pie and Coke that used to cost 50c now costs $5. In 2013, Bitcoin started out near $15, ended the year around $800 after spiking above $1100, and by 2015 had dropped to $200. You can't base an economy on something you can't control.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 21st, 2016 at 11:41:44 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

What I remember learning about hyperinflation in public schools was that more than half of all examples in human history were caused by world wars and the breakup of the Soviet Union. (If my memory if faulty or if Professor Konig's lectures were wrong, someone please correct me).

This is great, finally. We can get back to learning at Wov.

My understanding is that inflation is always "financial policy" and hyperinflation [every single time] has been the loss in faith of a currency?

Quote:

Getting us out of two wars was the best thing Obama could have possibly done to protect against hyperinflation

So I can get on the same page with you, which wars did Obama get us out of? Is that by the nuke negotiations with Iran?
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 21st, 2016 at 11:44:13 PM permalink

An unprotected server under the bathroom sink?

When I heard about an unprotected server under the sink, I thought they were talking about the kitchen help?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 22nd, 2016 at 3:11:56 AM permalink

Mining isn't creating, it's extracting. You're not making gold when you mine, you're simply moving it from one place to another, more accessible place. In your gold economy, do you take into account only terrestrial gold, or do you also use the gold on other planets? How do you expect such an economy from collapsing under hyperinflation when James Cameron's asteroid mining project succeeds?

Really, you want to sit here and play word games? After you extract the gold you have to refine it a great deal, perhaps a ton of rock contains a few ounces of gold.

Quote:

There are quadrillions of dollars in mineral resources in this solar system alone, more than the entire economic output of the human species throughout our entire history. Of course, bringing those mineral resources to Earth would destroy your proposed mineral-based economy, so how do you regulate mining?

We can worry about that when we figure it out, will be a few hundred years at the least. Given mankind will probably collapse itself within 1,000 anyways there is not much to worry about.

Quote:

You can't control the commodity supply and therefore you can't control the economy -- look no further than Bitcoin for the most recent example. If the US dollar had behaved the way Bitcoin did, the US economy would have entirely imploded. Bobbartop thinks it's a travesty that a pie and Coke that used to cost 50c now costs $5. In 2013, Bitcoin started out near $15, ended the year around $800 after spiking above $1100, and by 2015 had dropped to $200. You can't base an economy on something you can't control.

But you are comparing Bitcoin to just USD. If we were using just Bitcoin then there would be a more stable value. One bitcoin would likely buy a similar value of goods at the end of the year as at the beginning.

Your word of "control" is where it is at. Right now the Fed can destroy your life with their control, they steal 1-2% of your wealth every year in this system. The average person doesn't understand that. Of what is left, half don't care, consider it a cost of doing business, or benefit from it. The remainder are the ones who look for better stores of value.
JoelDeze
JoelDeze
  • Threads: 49
July 22nd, 2016 at 3:49:02 AM permalink
Subprime Mortgage Crisis. You can thank the Democrats for that.

I'm a die hard Republican and anyone that votes for Hillary is ignorant or young.
“It’s a dog eat dog world out there and I’m wearing milkbone underwear .” – Norm Peterson
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
July 22nd, 2016 at 8:59:11 AM permalink
First of all I'm about ten pages behind on this thread so I don't know if you've addressed this stuff already.

Nonsense. His history shows otherwise. Don't get between him and the mic after a shooting. He has never seen a gun ban he did not like.

When did Obama ever propose to ban ALL guns?

Quote:

Record low labor force participation, record low job growth, plan to let refugees from a societies that despise the USA just to name a few.

I actually agree with you about the refugee situation, but:

1) How is job participation and job growth singlehandedly Obama's fault?

2) We aren't at "record low" labor force participation right now. Not by a long shot.

3) Let's just take a look at the unemployment rate. And I mean the REAL unemployment rate, i.e., people out of work, people who have stopped looking for work, people who are underemployed, people who think they deserve better jobs based on their skill... pretty much as broad as you can get. Under the Bush administration, this rate was at a high of about 10.4%, and a low of about 8.8%, and more or less slowly declined his entire time in office. Then 2008 happened, and the rate shot up to a high of about 17%, the highest it's been in decades. Then guess what? That number has been dropping the whole time under Obama. Now we're at about 9.6%, almost back down to pre-2008 levels.

Here's where I got those numbers: http://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate

Quote:

I have known people who built successful businesses. And they had the same roads, bridges, internet, and teachers as the lumps who never make anything of themselves. So how did they "not build that?"

I posted his exact speech, it's right there in black and white, and you still are not understanding what he is saying. The roads, bridges, internet, and teachers are what he's talking about!! He's talking about infrastructure, not the actual business. Your friends built the business based on what society had collectively built around them, and they in turn are helping to construct the infrastructure that will help others build their businesses. He's talking about teamwork and how we are all working together as a society. Your friends didn't build their business in a vacuum. You can't just take one little quote out of context, which is what the right wing media has been doing to that speech for years.

You told me to just "look around" and see the damage... Okay, I see gas prices that have plummeted and holding steady at fairly low rates, the stock market at an all time high, the housing market has somewhat recovered, crime rates across the board have been steadily falling year after year under Obama (and Bush, too, I might add), I see "help wanted" signs everywhere... I'm just not seeing this "damage" you're talking about. And I'm not even an Obama fan; I just don't buy into the fearmongering news media.
billryan
billryan
July 22nd, 2016 at 11:32:56 AM permalink
I am so glad I don't live in the America the dumpster was describing last night. What a sad and fright filled place.
Did he not realize people could fact check him or does he simply believe that are enough of his beloved poorly educated voters out there that facts don't matter?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
July 22nd, 2016 at 11:37:04 AM permalink
Hahaha... Ratings for Trump's speech last night were down from Mitt Romney's in 2012.

I do believe Donald predicted it was going to be the highest rated political speech of all time.

Maybe people are getting tired of his doom and gloom B.S.??
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
July 22nd, 2016 at 11:45:01 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I am so glad I don't live in the America the dumpster was describing last night. What a sad and fright filled place.
Did he not realize people could fact check him or does he simply believe that are enough of his beloved poorly educated voters out there that facts don't matter?

As I listened to his speech and Newt's bizarre speech I kept thinking of The Gipper:
"Whatever else history may say about me when I’m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts." - Ronald Reagan
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 22nd, 2016 at 11:59:34 AM permalink
Big mistake lowering the voting age to 18. They should have raised it, to 40.

You should also have to be qualified to vote. You should have to own property.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 22nd, 2016 at 12:06:52 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

When did Obama ever propose to ban ALL guns?

Once upon a time there was a small percentage a folks who were not allowed to get married. No one proposed to ban ALL marriages, just a scant few of a very certain kind. Does the fact that it was but a few percent of them make it OK? Or does wanting to ban something, as opposed to just not choosing to engage in it yourself, make one a (expletive deleted)?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
ams288
ams288
July 22nd, 2016 at 12:07:38 PM permalink

.....no.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 22nd, 2016 at 12:21:38 PM permalink

Any property? I own a cell phone, I can vote?

Or do you mean real estate? In that case, I will gladly buy up a few blocks in Detroit, subdivide them into 250 million fractional shares, and sell them to everyone at my cost. Drat, foiled again by those meddling kids!

Hey, if you want to restrict voting to only the landed, why not further restrict it to the landed gentry and other independently wealthy people? Need a job to pay the mortgage? Disenfranchised! Let the rich do the deciding for you, after all, you haven't made good enough life choices to be rich, why are you good enough to decide anything else?

Keep going and you'll get to the fascist dictatorship you desire (and deserve).
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
July 22nd, 2016 at 12:30:34 PM permalink

and what's with letting women vote. When did that happen?
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 22nd, 2016 at 12:58:27 PM permalink

If you think about this, you'll remember why it won't be done.

We send people to fight and die at 18.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 22nd, 2016 at 12:59:26 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Once upon a time there was a small percentage a folks who were not allowed to get married. No one proposed to ban ALL marriages, just a scant few of a very certain kind. Does the fact that it was but a few percent of them make it OK?

Nope. But that's not what I'm saying. All I'm saying is that Obama does not want to ban ALL guns. He has said repeatedly that he is pro-2nd amendment.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 22nd, 2016 at 1:03:39 PM permalink
I would suggest a law passed that when we start a new war, 10% of Congress have to go to the front lines for a couple months. (within reach of opposition rockets, bullets, or stones)

They can draw straws to see who goes.

Just kidding. Or not.
Last edited by: rxwine on Jul 22, 2016
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
July 22nd, 2016 at 1:33:23 PM permalink
Quote: JoelDeze

Subprime Mortgage Crisis. You can thank the Democrats for that.

I'm a die hard Republican and anyone that votes for Hillary is ignorant or young.

I'm a die hard Republican for more than 3 decades. I'm neither ignorant nor young. And I'm voting for Hillary. She represents traditional Republican values better than Trump does, whether you're talking personal ethics, professional experience, or future goals and plans.

If people were able to look past more than 25 years of hate and vitriol, and read the policy proposals and plans, kind of like a blind audition for an orchestra, I think there would be little question who's better suited.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 22nd, 2016 at 1:59:26 PM permalink

Any property? I own a cell phone, I can vote?

Or do you mean real estate? In that case, I will gladly buy up a few blocks in Detroit, subdivide them into 250 million fractional shares, and sell them to everyone at my cost. Drat, foiled again by those meddling kids!

Hey, if you want to restrict voting to only the landed, why not further restrict it to the landed gentry and other independently wealthy people? Need a job to pay the mortgage? Disenfranchised! Let the rich do the deciding for you, after all, you haven't made good enough life choices to be rich, why are you good enough to decide anything else?

Keep going and you'll get to the fascist dictatorship you desire (and deserve).

Well, you brought up rich people, I didn't. But as long as you brought them up, allow me to say, thank God for rich people.

But yes, I think, I KNOW, we would be better off if you had to own some property to qualify to vote. Just a house is fine. Plenty of poor people own homes, btw.

Voting is not a God-given right. And this is a republic, for now, not a democracy. And thank God for that.
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 22nd, 2016 at 2:04:58 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If you think about this, you'll remember why it won't be done.

We send people to fight and die at 18.

I'm barely old enough to remember that that was a big part of the argument in favor of lowering the voting age. Of course, that was just an appeal to people's emotions, not logic. Anyway, it worked, and they lowered the age. But clearly young people are not ready to make these decisions, even though they may be physically fit and strong. My God, when I was 18, I was a total idiot.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 22nd, 2016 at 2:15:23 PM permalink

But clearly young people are not ready to make these decisions, even though they may be physically fit and strong. .

I agree with this. I mean, just thinking back about some of the 18-20 year olds I went to basic training with, and served with... Some of them could barely lace up their boots, let alone make a rational choice about who should be running the country.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 22nd, 2016 at 2:53:01 PM permalink

I'm barely old enough to remember that that was a big part of the argument in favor of lowering the voting age. Of course, that was just an appeal to people's emotions, not logic. Anyway, it worked, and they lowered the age. But clearly young people are not ready to make these decisions, even though they may be physically fit and strong. My God, when I was 18, I was a total idiot.

You were an idiot at 18 so you infer that everyone other 18 year old was an idiot too? Are you a genius now that you're in your 50s? Is everyone else your age also a genius?

If precluding idiots from voting is the real goal, why don't you advocate for an intelligence test rather than an age test?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 22nd, 2016 at 3:16:46 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I'm a die hard Republican for more than 3 decades.

So you are saying you voted for Reagan, Bush41 twice, Dole, Bush43 twice, McCain, and Romney? Oh yeah, you supported Newt and the Contract with America I assume?

Please do tell a few "traditional Republican values" does Hillary uphold? Are your talking about the same Hillary that has been against the same GOP for 25 years? You know, 25 of the 30 years you die-hard supported the GOP.

Please, compare a few values of the GOP that Hillary has praised over the years.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 22nd, 2016 at 3:22:44 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

2) We aren't at "record low" labor force participation right now. Not by a long shot.

Last time it was this low was 30 years ago, before so many women worked.

bobbartop
bobbartop
July 22nd, 2016 at 3:28:39 PM permalink

You were an idiot at 18 so you infer that everyone other 18 year old was an idiot too?

For a guy big on "critical thinking", you seem to be having a tough time reading for comprehension.

You do realize, don't you, that there were qualifications for voting when the country was founded and one of them was that most states required men to own property to be able to vote. Those early Americans gave the world the greatest country on the face of the Earth where the most people have enjoyed the most freedom and prosperity since.

You brought up "fascism" in an earlier post. Assuming that you understand fascism was a form of rule by elite, or oligarchy, I don't know if you can wrap your head around this but it would be MUCH easier to usher in a fascist state by having MORE people vote, rather than less people vote. Perhaps they could make voting mandatory for every living being in this country regardless of any qualification, in that case ushering in an oligarchy would be a snap.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 22nd, 2016 at 3:32:29 PM permalink

Last time it was this low was 30 years ago, before so many women worked.

I'm not saying it ISN'T low now, but it is not a RECORD low. Check out this page, and change the output parameters to go back to 1948. We're still higher now than in all the years prior to 1978. Besides, the rate stagnated in the 90's under Clinton, and started falling under Bush, so if we're going to blame Obama for low labor force participation rates now, we'd also have to blame Clinton and Bush, too.

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
July 22nd, 2016 at 5:19:08 PM permalink

For a guy big on "critical thinking", you seem to be having a tough time reading for comprehension.

You do realize, don't you, that there were qualifications for voting when the country was founded and one of them was that most states required men to own property to be able to vote. Those early Americans gave the world the greatest country on the face of the Earth where the most people have enjoyed the most freedom and prosperity since.

Those qualifications also required men to not be black and not be women. Want to repeal the 15th and 19th Amendments, do you?

Quote:

You brought up "fascism" in an earlier post. Assuming that you understand fascism was a form of rule by elite, or oligarchy, I don't know if you can wrap your head around this but it would be MUCH easier to usher in a fascist state by having MORE people vote.

We can't have a conversation if there's no agreement on what words mean.
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 22nd, 2016 at 5:47:13 PM permalink

Those qualifications also required men to not be black and not be women. Want to repeal the 15th and 19th Amendments, do you?

Certainly not. First of all, I am black. And Bob was my pre-op name, I'm now Barbara Bartop.

fo shizzle
bobbartop
bobbartop
July 23rd, 2016 at 11:07:03 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Nobody else answered this, so I will. Inflation is ALWAYS a bad thing, because it amounts to theft. If I print my own money, I am stealing from YOU, because it will take value from you. If I take your value, you know you got robbed, but somehow the government takes value from you and nobody understands that they got robbed.

To grow an economy you need PRODUCTION. Printing worthless fiat money that devalues everyone else's money is not growing the economy. If a farmer puts water on the ground and grows food, he is PRODUCING. He is creating something, from nothing. If you plant a tree and then eventually build a house with it, you are PRODUCING. Printing worthless money is not growing the economy. It is morally wrong because it is stealing your wealth that you already worked for, and somehow you don't even know you are being stolen from.

This is interesting that I didn't even go to school and I understand what apparently no one else in this thread understands. That is the problem, the rest of you went to school, and that's why you're confused on this simple concept. They indoctrinated you.
  • Jump to: