Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 130
June 16th, 2014 at 8:57:10 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Five reported dead in northeast Las Vegas police ambush from the Las Vegas Review Journal.

I'm surprised nobody posted about this yet, so I'll be the first.

The question for the poll is why do you think there are so many random mass shootings in the the US?

The reason I think there is so much violence in our society is because of the decline of morality, common sense and not knowing right from wrong.

An idle mind is the devil's playground. Kids today don't have chores. They should. If you work hard and suffer a little, like our ancestors did, then at the end of the day, they would appreciate an evening meal (if they were lucky) and the simple pleasures of life.

Kids today are fed as much as they want, are surly to their parents, live in climate controlled environments. Their phones are the center of the universe. The internet is filled with garbage.

And there is no right and wrong anymore. I saw a girl leaving high school the other day. She wore tight fitting short shorts, bare legs, tennis shoes with no socks, a bare midriff and a t-shirt. This was apparel fit for the beach, not for school. That her parents or the school didn't recognize the impropriety, or didn't speak up about it, is the source of our moral decline.

On this very site, under Adult Discussions there's a post: "Where To Get More Than A Hand Job". I admit, I've read through part of it. Some of it is pretty funny. But we've become jaded. Fifty years ago you would never, ever, ever see this kind of writing or conversation in mainstream arenas. Did you know that in the 1920s, among respectable people, if you had a French kiss with a girl a marriage proposal was expected?

Maury Povich, Jerry Springer, Howard Stern, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj. That these individuals flourish in our society--no wonder the Taliban hates us.

In schools in California a child can declare whether they are a boy or a girl. To allow this shows incredibly poor judgement. Children should not have this insidious option. Now children struggling to fit in, to assert themselves, to understand their feelings, can blame all their problems on being the wrong gender. I wonder how many kids will make this decision as an easy way out, for attention or to escape from dealing with their problems, to shock their parents. What a stain on one's soul it would be to make such a decision frivolously. Why not give children an additional option--that they are an alien being from another galaxy. Kids often can't even figure out if their parents are the source of all their problems or not. To give the question of their sexual identity to them at such a young age is like giving a grade school hall monitor a police badge. These decisions should never be left to children.

If you are born as a man you are a man. If you feel like a women, then you feel like a women, but you are a man. Come on, if you can't appreciate this then you need to rescrew your head on. Package--man. No package-- woman. Got rid of package--you need a shrink. Because anyone who feels they need surgery to make them feel better about themselves is not mentally sound. And the reality that our society is being coerced to feel that "picking the gender you want" is okay, is just screwey. Sorry Christine Jorgensen, feel whatever you want, but your body is sacred, and shouldn't be subjected to mutilation.

There was a program on cable last year, where a lady wanted to render herself a paraplegic through an operation. That's right, she could walk and function normally. But she wanted an operation to sever her spinal cord. This also is a sickness. That the show was produced is a sickness. That she be allowed to do this to herself shows how sick our society has become. I believe that people wanting to have "sexual reassignment" surgery is a sickness. A person should cherish the body God gave them. If you feel like a man or a woman so be it, but to have to surgically alter your genitals to feel good about yourself is not mentally sound.

Does it seem like I'm drifting from the question of why there are random shootings in the USA? Not at all. The decline in morality and common sense is at the heart of the issue. And gay issues are at the heart of morality.

Don't ask don't tell, yes. Project your gay morality upon the vast majority, take a hike. Where are we going with all this gay marriage and such? People that say they don't care what others do behind closed doors sound so tolerant and open minded, but they are naive. It starts behind closed doors, then our schools have to recognize and point out gay achievement, more gays on TV. Gays French kissing on TV. Gay commercials on TV and in print advertising. Quotas for gay ads, shows, theater plays. Companies being sued for not promoting their products to gays, boys nominated to become home coming queen. View the movie "City Slickers II: The Legend Of Curly's Gold" if you want to see how homosexual undertones have influenced our culture. And on and on and on and on.

For thousands of years marriage was defined as between a man and a woman. This definition should be sacrosanct. Let's just say that, specifically, marriage is between a man and a woman, and that no other kind of union except this kind of union can be called marriage. Then a union between anything other than a man and a woman is not marriage. A man cannot marry a man because, by definition, it is between a man and a woman. That the courts have ruled differently, I believe, is a legal error, a mistake in interpretation, a mistake in judgement. If two people want to have a civil ceremony, will their property to each other, have access to each other in the hospital, these things can already be arranged.

There is a clear advantage to defining marriage as between a man and a woman. That way, when the term is mentioned, we know precisely that we're talking about a union between a man and a woman. A union between two people of the same sex is not the same thing.

Why are people gay? Are they born that way? I don't think it can be proven. I believe that we are born with sexuality and a predilection to heterosexuality, nothing more. If we are raised to believe that gay interaction is acceptable and encouraged then the taboo is lifted. A child's first forays into sex aren't motivated by sexual desire, but by curiosity. Gays should never be allowed to adopt and raise children because they would be open to their charges experimenting in gay sex. And even if they weren't their lives are a testament to condoning it, in fact celebrating it. I believe there is a great likelihood that children raised by a gay couple would be much more likely to have an aberrant, weak or androgynous sexual identity.

Sexual identity is a very delicate thing. In childhood and adolescence, as the first stirrings of sexual desire emerge, inputs of fear, hate, discomfort, gay advances, etc., can stimulate aberrant sexual expression. In other words, aberrant stimulation during early sexual awakening can encourage aberrant sexual feelings. Once your wires are crossed, it's done. Once the delicate crystal has been allowed to fall and break, one's defined.

I have three male friends that are gay. One was dressed as a girl as a child by his mother. His blonde curly hair was allowed to grow long. He was bullied. There was an older boy that defended and befriended him. One day this young boy was guided into performing oral sex upon his defender. My friend said it felt like the most natural thing in the world. My other two friends were seduced, as children, into sexual acts by adult men. I realize that this is a small sample but it supports the idea that gay sexual advances can stimulate gay behavior.

You know, if we turned off the lights and let someone caress us, we wouldn't know if it was a man or a woman. I'm glad that I never fell victim to my neediness to allow myself to seek comfort from gay sex. There was a moment, many years ago, when I may have surrendered to opportunity. I was sad and lonely. I was in the company of my friend that as a child dressed as a girl and was allowed to grow his blonde curly hair long. The moment occurred when we were together one day. My thought at the time was that if he were to touch me that I might allow it. Whether I would have felt comfortable or not I do not know because he didn't make an advance. Many years later I spoke to him about the occasion. He was unaware that the opportunity had occurred, and he told me that he never would have done anything that would have jeopardized our friendship. You know what morality is? It is not seeking a gratification because you know it is not right. I will remain gratefully to my dying day that I was saved from participating in gay sex. You should never let your sadness or your neediness override your morality. I have often prayed to God to catch me if I should fall. It is a heartfelt prayer, and I know that I must first try with all my strength and will not to fall. I thank God to my dying breath.

I've thought in great detail about these issues long before posting my thoughts here. I wish harm to no one. I know there is a lot of pain regarding these issues. But I feel that there are some moral issues that are on the border of our comprehension, but are still immutable. Mankind would die out if homosexuality proliferated. How can a union be justified that does not procreate? That sex and procreation are inextricably linked upholds that this is the natural way.

I hope there is a moral uprising. A return to the moral respect that was evident during the turn of the 20th century.

I can just see someone responding to this post by saying: "So let me get this straight. You think that because gays are allowed to marry that that is the reason for mass shootings in the U.S.?" My response is that gay marriage has toppled one of the pillars of morality. And the decline in morality, common sense and a healthy society has fostered a sense of anger and hopelessness in some people.

Sally Ride lived with her experience as a private individual. God bless her. That she didn't allow her dignity to be questioned by moronic reporters is a blessing. That she lived her life privately and with dignity should be emulated. That her choices were grand, thank you, Sally.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 16th, 2014 at 10:02:32 AM permalink
On top of all that I blame the gays for Godzilla, global warming, Eric Cantor losing the election, and getting snapped off on slot progressives.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 71
June 16th, 2014 at 10:16:57 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Sally Ride lived with her experience as a private individual.

Lou Reed probably wouldn't agree that she was a lesbian. I assume the song was from a very personal experience. "Ride Sally Ride".
Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
June 17th, 2014 at 5:45:48 AM permalink

I hope there is a moral uprising. A return to the moral respect that was evident during the turn of the 20th century.

So women should not be allowed to vote? That high moral ground?
African-Americans denied basic freedoms? That high moral ground?
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
June 17th, 2014 at 2:52:48 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

So women should not be allowed to vote? That high moral ground?
African-Americans denied basic freedoms? That high moral ground?

In the early years of the 20th century sex outside of marriage was frowned upon, marriage being between a man and a woman was immutable, women were modest, lust was not paraded in song and conversation, gays lived their lives privately. These things weren’t always observed, but at least they were ideals. But as you say, not all things about that era were morally right. But we evolved. My writing wasn’t about the subjects you mention. I do not wish to return to the morality of the early 20th century in every way.

I myself am not a paragon of morality, but I appreciate a culture that cherishes it.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 17th, 2014 at 4:04:04 PM permalink
So your argument is that a particular form of morality is the 'right' one that will stop gun violence. One that has probably never actually existed on it's own without things you say we have evolved. But only some of those evolutions do you view as morally correct and cherishable, while others corrupt.

I would also suggest those things you -think- were part of the early 20th century morality and mores are not so much actuality, but a wishful nostalgia.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
June 17th, 2014 at 8:37:54 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

So your argument is that a particular form of morality is the 'right' one that will stop gun violence. One that has probably never actually existed on it's own without things you say we have evolved. But only some of those evolutions do you view as morally correct and cherishable, while others corrupt.

I would also suggest those things you -think- were part of the early 20th century morality and mores are not so much actuality, but a wishful nostalgia.

I never said that a particular form of morality will "stop" gun violence. Why do you feel the need to exaggerate? I said that a decline in morality, common sense and a healthy society has fostered a sense of anger and hostility in some people.

If the world were a better place fewer people would lash out against it. I wish the world were a more moral place, but I think we are moving farther away from it than closer to it.

One thing I hope we can agree on is that we both want a better world.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
June 18th, 2014 at 5:47:52 PM permalink

I never said that a particular form of morality will "stop" gun violence. Why do you feel the need to exaggerate? I said that a decline in morality, common sense and a healthy society has fostered a sense of anger and hostility in some people.

If the world were a better place fewer people would lash out against it. I wish the world were a more moral place, but I think we are moving farther away from it than closer to it.

One thing I hope we can agree on is that we both want a better world.

Agree 100%. I do attribute much of the degenerating society problem we're having to pernicious advertising and violent entertainment. Not as an easy answer, or as a scapegoat, but as weeds planted in fertile minds over years and decades, with full color and 6 speaker stereo overwhelming the senses, pushing violent solutions, personal inadequacy only solved by purchasing xxxxx, and formulaic problem resolution in an hour or two. Almost to a man, the most creative, productive, and forward-thinking people I know are those who don't surround themselves with popular images, "news" programs, gossip shows, or the rest of mainstream culture. They're aware of it, but not subsumed by it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
June 18th, 2014 at 6:26:47 PM permalink
"Almost to a man, the most creative, productive, and forward-thinking people I know are those who don't surround themselves with popular images, "news" programs, gossip shows, or the rest of mainstream culture. They're aware of it, but not subsumed by it."

Hear Hear !!

Its always the very shallow people who read the tabloids or know all the "latest fads" or focus on the Academy Awards. Different Drummers have so much more fun by remaining blissfully unaware of fads. Turning off the TV and reading a book instead can be so liberating. Paddle a kayak, take up target shooting, compare styles of warfare, trace trade patterns, do anything but read People Magazine and its endless trash about Kardashian Botox Adventures.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
June 18th, 2014 at 6:46:05 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Hear Hear !!
Its always the very shallow people who read the tabloids or know all the "latest fads" or focus on the Academy Awards. Different Drummers have so much more fun by remaining blissfully unaware of fads. Turning off the TV and reading a book instead can be so liberating. Paddle a kayak, take up target shooting, compare styles of warfare, trace trade patterns, do anything but read People Magazine and its endless trash about Kardashian Botox Adventures.

Hear Hear Hear! Why are the Kardashian's famous???? No talent, simply the wives of 2 celebrities, Kanye and Bruce Jenner. I don't get it. Most celebrity wives are not famous. weird.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

• Jump to: