HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
December 7th, 2012 at 10:35:06 PM permalink
Not to take away any interest towards Buzz's goal but I want to get down to 135 pounds in 4 months and I need some motivation. I totally believe I can do it on my own but an incentive could never hurt. I would consider any fair odds if anyone is interested.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
December 7th, 2012 at 11:26:09 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Not to take away any interest towards Buzz's goal but I want to get down to 135 pounds in 4 months and I need some motivation. I totally believe I can do it on my own but an incentive could never hurt. I would consider any fair odds if anyone is interested.

As the resident HotBlonde oddsmaker, I would need more information.... what is your weight now? pictures to verify?
I did some overtime last week so my HotBlonde betting bankroll has been replenished.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
December 7th, 2012 at 11:46:24 PM permalink
I've gained a little bit.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 8th, 2012 at 2:03:41 AM permalink

I've gained a little bit.

I can't make a betting line without an exact number. And you will also have to give me a time frame--- when would the challenge end?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 8th, 2012 at 3:20:54 AM permalink

How about doing it on the Wizards new site? Maybe it could top the Spanish word of the day over there.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
December 8th, 2012 at 6:36:39 AM permalink

Your timing sucks! Holiday food and parties, followed by everyone rushing to the gym for the New Year's Resolution (and they'll abandon ship by Valentines' Day) coupled with everyone broke from buying gifts. Try to find some fire inside you. Think how hard it was to to get from where you were to those awesome bikini shots and vow to never put yourself back to that starting line again.

Kate Moss always says "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." (Of course she's wrong because I was superskinny before I had kids and eggnog is much better than that! But it works for her, and she looks fabulous.)
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 8th, 2012 at 7:08:03 AM permalink
I started at 221 and now down to 204.4. Goal of under 200 by New Years. Saw heart doc Friday BP 110 over 60 pulseox 98
pulse 48. Green light to lift weights, preferabbly 5 or 10 lbs with reps rather than trying to bulk up.

Question, what goal should I set for May 16, my 73rd birthday. Lbs will be tougher to lose once I break 200 barrier, Was 180 when I
was collecting 1959-1962, Was 165 on April 14, 1966 discharge date from USAF.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

PS If HB thread won't bring EvenBob back, then may he RIP .
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
December 8th, 2012 at 7:16:41 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I started at 221 and now down to 204.4. Goal of under 200 by New Years. Saw heart doc Friday BP 110 over 60 pulseox 98
pulse 48. Green light to lift weights, preferabbly 5 or 10 lbs with reps rather than trying to bulk up.

Question, what goal should I set for May 16, my 73rd birthday. Lbs will be tougher to lose once I break 200 barrier, Was 180 when I
was collecting 1959-1962, Was 165 on April 14, 1966 discharge date from USAF.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

PS If HB thread won't bring EvenBob back, then may he RIP .

You're about 6'2", right? My husband's 6'1" and he was 185 when we met (he has a very large frame) but is now over 200 as well. I think 185 for both of you would be reasonable goals. But I'm planning on baking a bourbon/pecan cake for Christmas dinner along with all the other goodies we usually have, so I doubt he's starting any time before the New Year. He lasts about a week on any diet with his sweet tooth.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 8th, 2012 at 7:54:30 AM permalink
I am 6' even. at age 72 have not starting to shrink, yet.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 8th, 2012 at 8:09:59 AM permalink

Count me as interested! However, let's take this up over at the DT site. SOOPOO, would you care to do the honors and make a first post over there?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 8th, 2012 at 8:58:47 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Count me as interested! However, let's take this up over at the DT site. SOOPOO, would you care to do the honors and make a first post over there?

They are your forums, Mike, but to me the HB Challenge is the quintessential WoV thread, and not a DT thread. It is gambling and Vegas tied together like no other thread. I mean, it should be on WoV way more than the low budget Golden Balls thread.... THOUSANDS of real dollars changed hands, the endgame drama took place in Vegas, odds will be discussed, will it be a 'fair' bet, welshing was discussed, HB's table games interest was discussed.......and pictures of a beautiful bikini clad woman were posted......

WHAT COULD BE MORE VEGAS!!!!!
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 8th, 2012 at 9:07:59 AM permalink
AMEN !
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
December 8th, 2012 at 9:35:30 AM permalink
I'm planning on starting my program this coming Monday. The last time I weighed myself I was 175 pounds. I am guessing I weigh maybe 180 right now or somewhat close. I will need to crunch some numbers but I'm guessing I could get to my goal weight on about 16-18 weeks or so.

I will weigh myself and make a new chart like the one I originally made when determining how much I could lose in what period of time.

New things about this challenge:

* I'm dating now and have more temptations cuz I'm going out more often and am usually taken to restaurants with yummy food.
* Christmas, New Years and EuropeanHottie's birthday are all coming up (And Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day) (I'm friends with EuropeanHottie again)
* It's cold and I still don't have a car and will be having to ride my bike to the gym in the cold each time (well I guess that's not new cuz it was really cold when I started my challenge at the beginning of this year - but nevertheless it's still a challenge)
* I don't have full use of my left foot any more due to my dropped foot from my last month-long episode with my severe back pain
* It may be increasingly harder to lose the weight this time around since I weigh less and it may be harder to shed the smaller amount of weight I have to lose
* I may be getting a new job soon and the new schedule and office environment may pose as a challenge in itself

Let me weigh myself now even though I already drank a glass and a half of water just to get a semi-idea of where I'll be starting out at on Monday morning and let me plug the number in my chart and I'll post the info shortly.

In the mean time no one had any ideas of where to seet the odds? I'll only take bets if I feel the odds are fair.

P.S. Lucyjr. and texasplumr will not be allowed to participate, nor any other welchers
P.P.S. I also agree that this challenge belongs on this gambling site but also agree that it's Mike's site and it's up to him if he doesn't want it here or not. But it technically does qualify as a gambling thread.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 8th, 2012 at 9:39:38 AM permalink
t may be increasingly harder to lose the weight this time around since I weigh less and it may be harder to shed the smaller amount of weight I have to lose.

That's for damn sure.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 8th, 2012 at 10:07:10 AM permalink
Well, okay, we can keep HBC-II here. May I at least suggest we make a fresh thread for it?

Here is some initial analysis. In HBC-I HB lost 100 pounds (251 to 151) in 9 months, in round numbers. So, HB lost 11.1 pounds per month!

She is asking for wagers on losing 45 pounds (roughly 180 to 135) in 4 months, which is 11.25 pounds per month.

Working against her is she is starting from a lower weight than last time, and has slightly more to lose per month, not to mention all the factors she listed above. Working in her favor is that she has proven she is successful at losing weight from HBC-I.

So, the question is what line will atract wagers on both sides?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
December 8th, 2012 at 10:27:57 AM permalink
I weighed myself and I'm 181.2 this morning.

I'd like to have my starting weight whatever I weigh this coming Monday morning on December 10th, 2012 which will probably differ a little bit from the above number.
Also since I'll be weighing myself two days from now if anyone has any suggestions as how to "authenticate" my starting weight speak now. I usually weighed myself naked but I can put on a bathing suit and videotape my initial weigh-in and have the LA Times newspaper there that I can videotape as well.

Also, I am planning on losing an average of 1.7 pounds a week over the course of 26 and a half weeks which will bring me to Wednesday May 29th which is when I'm planning on being in Vegas for my dad and his girlfriend's trip out there and the
WoV Con ]I[ get-together.

I'm going to post my chart in a minute so you can see what my plan is.

P.S. I may invite EuropeanHottie over to film me.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
December 8th, 2012 at 10:34:20 AM permalink
Correction to the above post:

I am planning on losing an average of 1.9 pounds a week over the course of 24 and a half weeks. I had the wrong starting date in my chart. (I had Nov 24th which was a date that I had planned on starting not long ago... obviously I missed that boat!)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 8th, 2012 at 10:40:25 AM permalink

Well, okay, we can keep HBC-II here. May I at least suggest we make a fresh thread for it?

Here is some initial analysis. In HBC-I HB lost 100 pounds (251 to 151) in 9 months, in round numbers. So, HB lost 11.1 pounds per month!

She is asking for wagers on losing 45 pounds (roughly 180 to 135) in 4 months, which is 11.25 pounds per month.

Working against her is she is starting from a lower weight than last time, and has slightly more to lose per month, not to mention all the factors she listed above. Working in her favor is that she has proven she is successful at losing weight from HBC-I.

So, the question is what line will atract wagers on both sides?

HB agrees with you that a new thread should be started. I will be obstinate here.... I consider this potential new challenge a continuation of the original HB challenge, as many predicted HB's weight gain, and some said they would bet she'd be at some substantially higher weight in the future. Now HB is saying that she will be LOWER around a half year after the challenge's completion! I want people to be able to, in one glorious thread, be able to find the initial analysis, pre pictures, post pictures, the money that was wagered, the welchers, the drama, etc...

HB has told me she was planning on attending the WoV 'convention' in late May, and did her diet/exercise/weight loss analysis and feels to safely get to 135 she will need until May 29. So the challenge will be to get to 135 by May 29 in Las Vegas, and hopefully have the weigh in with forum members present. So it is really 5 1/2 months, not 4 months. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Vegas for a possible HB2 weigh in...

Now having seen HB succeed last time in a much more difficult, much lengthier challenge, i am setting the odds at even money. I will be betting against HB, but this time, if we round up enough money against her, I think she will succeed! I personally will be offerring HB 5 -1 against, putting up $250 to win $50. I think, though, to attract other members to bet against HB even money is the line. I do not think we will get enough money on the line to make the $ worthwhile to HB, but hopefully the $ and her regaining the 135 lb body will make this challenge a go.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 8th, 2012 at 10:51:08 AM permalink
HB, European Hottie, a camera. Damn, where's my nitro pills !
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
December 8th, 2012 at 10:52:14 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

HB agrees with you that a new thread should be started. I will be obstinate here.... I consider this potential new challenge a continuation of the original HB challenge, as many predicted HB's weight gain, and some said they would bet she'd be at some substantially higher weight in the future. Now HB is saying that she will be LOWER around a half year after the challenge's completion! I want people to be able to, in one glorious thread, be able to find the initial analysis, pre pictures, post pictures, the money that was wagered, the welchers, the drama, etc...

HB has told me she was planning on attending the WoV 'convention' in late May, and did her diet/exercise/weight loss analysis and feels to safely get to 135 she will need until May 29. So the challenge will be to get to 135 by May 29 in Las Vegas, and hopefully have the weigh in with forum members present. So it is really 5 1/2 months, not 4 months. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to Vegas for a possible HB2 weigh in...

Now having seen HB succeed last time in a much more difficult, much lengthier challenge, i am setting the odds at even money. I will be betting against HB, but this time, if we round up enough money against her, I think she will succeed! I personally will be offerring HB 5 -1 against, putting up $250 to win $50. I think, though, to attract other members to bet against HB even money is the line. I do not think we will get enough money on the line to make the $ worthwhile to HB, but hopefully the $ and her regaining the 135 lb body will make this challenge a go.

Well as I stated to SOOPOO the original Hot Blonde Challenge thread will remain posted in the top 5 threads for quite some time and people can reference that thread at any time they want. And I even suggested that when we start the new SuperHotBlonde Challenge thread that in the first post or so we can include the link to the original Hot Blonde Challenge. I just think it's a brand new challenge and it deserves it's own thread, not to mention the fact that there are already over 250 pages in this one and it's not fair for someone to have to read through all of those pages just to get to the starting point of the new challenge.

SOOPOO, if the Wizard is willing to, would you feel ok if he started the new thread? I'm totally ok with you starting the new one but I'm guessing you really will be as obstinate as you say you are and not start a new one. I just want to know if you're backing down from starting the new thread if you would be gracious enough to let the Wizard or someone else do it then. But I'll give you the right of first refusal if you change your mind and decide to start up the new one.

P.S. I really like SuperHotBlonde Challenge as the title of the new thread. That is my only request.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 8th, 2012 at 11:06:09 AM permalink
HB- YOU can start the thread, too! You can cut and paste anything I have written in this original HB thread. I gave my reasons for not wanting a new thread, but I certainly can't stop you from doing what you want! It's gonna be a LONG 5 months!!!!!!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
December 8th, 2012 at 11:40:40 AM permalink

So to make a correction again, I plan to lose an average of 1.8 pounds per week which comes out to approximately 8.27 pounds per month at 5.6 months. The numbers will be tweaked a bit if I weigh in at a different weight on Monday morning.

Yikes!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
December 8th, 2012 at 12:24:53 PM permalink
I'd like to make the goal date of my 135.0 pound goal that Saturday that way if we do end up having the WoV Con ]|[ that weekend I can so the weigh in then. I'm not planning on making it a big thing like last time, but at least we can have more witnesses this time if anyone is interested. Just a quick weigh in and then off to fun WoV Con ]|[ events.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 8th, 2012 at 12:59:08 PM permalink

I'd like to make the goal date of my 135.0 pound goal that Saturday (May 29).

So that is a lose of 46 pounds in about 170 days. That is a loss of 8.23 pounds per month.

Quote:

Also, I am planning on losing an average of 1.7 pounds a week over the course of 26 and a half weeks

That equates to 7.39 pounds per month.

These targets seem quite achievable, and I would expect to lose if I bet against you.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
December 8th, 2012 at 1:02:47 PM permalink

So that is a lose of 46 pounds in about 170 days. That is a loss of 8.23 pounds per month.

That equates to 7.39 pounds per month.

These targets seem quite achievable, and I would expect to lose if I bet against you.

I will be the scold and point out it should have only been 16 pounds in 170 days--a very realistic goal!

Bad girl. Now promise yourself you'll do better for yourself from now on!!!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 8th, 2012 at 2:11:14 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

I will be the scold and point out it should have only been 16 pounds in 170 days--a very realistic goal!

Bad girl. Now promise yourself you'll do better for yourself from now on!!!

FFV has hit the nail on the head! 'do better for yourself' is the key! I can't imagine that you were not happier at 150 than at 180. Although none should be needed, we'll see if the forum is willing to give you the financial motivation that you seem to need.....
1BB
1BB
December 8th, 2012 at 2:19:34 PM permalink

Great idea!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 8th, 2012 at 2:31:31 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Great idea!

Just humor me, 1BB.... why would you care to read a thread, then post that you want it moved? Why DID YOU read it? Are you somehow unable to not open a thread?
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
December 8th, 2012 at 3:06:33 PM permalink

... we'll see if the forum is willing to give you the financial motivation that you seem to need.....

Why does HB always seem to need "financial motivation" to do anything? Why isn't doing it for herself motivation enough?

I can't believe some of you are even considering doing this all over again. Why don't you each just send her 5 bucks a week for the rest of her life and be done with it; that's all she wants anyway.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 8th, 2012 at 3:08:39 PM permalink
I just split off threads regarding the Hot Blonde Challenge II (HBC-II) to this thread.

The even money that Scott has suggested seems reasonable to me. I'm willing to bet $500, pending the exact terms. The reason I'm betting less than last time is I think HB will win, and I consider it motivation money.

Quote: tsmith

I can't believe some of you are even considering doing this all over again. Why don't you each just send her 5 bucks a week for the rest of her life and be done with it; that's all she wants anyway.

Somebody was just complaining this site has become too boring since HBC-I. Somehow I think it is going to heat up again -- for better or worse.
1BB
1BB
December 8th, 2012 at 3:15:22 PM permalink

Just humor me, 1BB.... why would you care to read a thread, then post that you want it moved? Why DID YOU read it? Are you somehow unable to not open a thread?

Nowhere did I say that I wanted anything moved. It hasn't been started so there's nothing to move. The Wizard wanted to do it at the DT site and I told him it was a great idea. You've already taken over and told the Wizard what to do so you're getting your own way. Maybe they'll even let you attend this one.

Your last two condescending questions do not deserve a response. Best of luck with the new challenge.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 8th, 2012 at 3:19:42 PM permalink

Best of luck with the new challenge.

Unless the odds for the forum get better than 1:1, I'd set the line for people to join V2.0 at 3.5 and I'd take the under, even knowing there's already 2 ready to go right now.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
tsmith
tsmith
December 8th, 2012 at 3:21:01 PM permalink

Somebody was just complaining this site has become too boring since HBC-I.

This site became too boring when you severely limited the type of discussions allowed here; it simply went back to being civilized when HBC-I thankfully ended.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
December 8th, 2012 at 3:50:23 PM permalink

This site became too boring when you severely limited the type of discussions allowed here; it simply went back to being civilized when HBC-I thankfully ended.

Give or take an election...
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 8th, 2012 at 4:17:10 PM permalink

This site became too boring when you severely limited the type of discussions allowed here;

I only recommended that discussion about such things as religion and politics be moved to DT. It was never mandated.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
December 8th, 2012 at 6:27:34 PM permalink
If HBC II gets under way, can we start an over under for suspensions too? Would it be in this thread, or a separate one?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 8th, 2012 at 7:18:38 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

If HBC II gets under way, can we start an over under for suspensions too? Would it be in this thread, or a separate one?

You can set the line here.

Meanwhile, I set the line on the number of unique members to say "Losing weight is easy, keeping it off is the hard part." at 7 1/2.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
December 8th, 2012 at 7:29:25 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
December 8th, 2012 at 7:33:49 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 8th, 2012 at 7:36:16 PM permalink

Nowhere did I say that I wanted anything moved. It hasn't been started so there's nothing to move. The Wizard wanted to do it at the DT site and I told him it was a great idea. You've already taken over and told the Wizard what to do so you're getting your own way. Maybe they'll even let you attend this one.

Your last two condescending questions do not deserve a response. Best of luck with the new challenge.

Relax!!! I am getting 'my own way' because this thread is more gambling and Vegas than most threads. Simple. Sorry for the condescension.... It just rankles me when people complain about this thread.... I just don't understand why someone who would complain about it would take the time and effort to read it, that's all!

Anyway--- HB--- if you don't post a moderately revealing photo of you now it will be hard to generate interest.... there may be those who think you are still at 150, there may be those that think you are having your twin show up again...

So can I suggest--- moderately revealing photo on scale with newspaper that has a date.....
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 8th, 2012 at 7:39:42 PM permalink
Given the ease with which this person won the challenge last time, the odds should reverse from 9 to 1 to 1 to 9 for it to make even a lick of sense to participate.
"What, me worry?"
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 8th, 2012 at 8:34:25 PM permalink
What could possibly go wrong?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
December 8th, 2012 at 8:38:38 PM permalink
WOV has officially jumped the shark.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 8th, 2012 at 9:00:45 PM permalink
Someone please tell Dorothy Gale to block this thread. I missed her while she was on voluntary suspension.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
December 9th, 2012 at 3:32:40 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Given the ease with which this person won the challenge last time, the odds should reverse from 9 to 1 to 1 to 9 for it to make even a lick of sense to participate.

135 is quite a difference from 150 in a 5'10' woman. Also, in the dating world, it will be tough for HB to turn down a free porterhouse, and the bottles of wine that come with it. Not to mention the creme brulee. Also, the total amount of money to be won will be substantially lower than last time, decreasing HB's financial motivation. I like my 'even money' line.
1BB
1BB
December 9th, 2012 at 4:14:18 AM permalink

I weighed myself and I'm 181.2 this morning.

I'd like to have my starting weight whatever I weigh this coming Monday morning on December 10th, 2012 which will probably differ a little bit from the above number.
Also since I'll be weighing myself two days from now if anyone has any suggestions as how to "authenticate" my starting weight speak now. I usually weighed myself naked but I can put on a bathing suit and videotape my initial weigh-in and have the LA Times newspaper there that I can videotape as well.

Also, I am planning on losing an average of 1.7 pounds a week over the course of 26 and a half weeks which will bring me to Wednesday May 29th which is when I'm planning on being in Vegas for my dad and his girlfriend's trip out there and the
WoV Con ]I[ get-together.

I'm going to post my chart in a minute so you can see what my plan is.

P.S. I may invite EuropeanHottie over to film me.

You've gained 30.0 pounds in 52 days and I have to wonder if this was in anticipation of a new challenge. I hope it doesn't adversly affect your health.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
December 9th, 2012 at 6:17:35 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

What could possibly go wrong?

Perfect, Nareed!
A falling knife has no handle.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
December 9th, 2012 at 6:44:05 AM permalink
How about raising $ for a donation in HB's name to a charity like the Heart Association (sort of related to heath problems from being overweight). They would appreciate the $ more than the Las Vegas casinos.
tsmith
tsmith
December 9th, 2012 at 6:50:34 AM permalink

You've gained 30.0 pounds in 52 days and I have to wonder if this was in anticipation of a new challenge.

Exactly, 1BB. It takes a lot of work to put on 30 pounds in less than 3 months; most people can't gain that much in a year, even if they eat a yummy creme brulee every day.

I've never known anyone who is so proud of her lack of self-control, who uses her constant, wildly-fluctuating weight as a tool for potential financial gain, who puts so much planning into losing 40 pounds but not one minute of thought into not to gaining any of it back.

Nor have I ever known so many people willing to give so much slack to someone like this, making excuses for her and enabling her by offering to pay her hundreds of dollars to continue on this type of path.
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
December 9th, 2012 at 7:07:55 AM permalink

Nor have I ever known so many people willing to give so much slack to someone like this, making excuses for her and enabling her by offering to pay her hundreds of dollars to continue on this type of path.

Yep.
  • Jump to: