HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
December 7th, 2012 at 10:35:06 PM permalink
Not to take away any interest towards Buzz's goal but I want to get down to 135 pounds in 4 months and I need some motivation. I totally believe I can do it on my own but an incentive could never hurt. I would consider any fair odds if anyone is interested.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
December 7th, 2012 at 11:26:09 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Not to take away any interest towards Buzz's goal but I want to get down to 135 pounds in 4 months and I need some motivation. I totally believe I can do it on my own but an incentive could never hurt. I would consider any fair odds if anyone is interested.

As the resident HotBlonde oddsmaker, I would need more information.... what is your weight now? pictures to verify?
I did some overtime last week so my HotBlonde betting bankroll has been replenished.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
December 7th, 2012 at 11:46:24 PM permalink
I've gained a little bit.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
December 8th, 2012 at 2:03:41 AM permalink

I've gained a little bit.

I can't make a betting line without an exact number. And you will also have to give me a time frame--- when would the challenge end?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 8th, 2012 at 3:20:54 AM permalink

How about doing it on the Wizards new site? Maybe it could top the Spanish word of the day over there.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
December 8th, 2012 at 6:36:39 AM permalink

Your timing sucks! Holiday food and parties, followed by everyone rushing to the gym for the New Year's Resolution (and they'll abandon ship by Valentines' Day) coupled with everyone broke from buying gifts. Try to find some fire inside you. Think how hard it was to to get from where you were to those awesome bikini shots and vow to never put yourself back to that starting line again.

Kate Moss always says "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." (Of course she's wrong because I was superskinny before I had kids and eggnog is much better than that! But it works for her, and she looks fabulous.)
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 8th, 2012 at 7:08:03 AM permalink
I started at 221 and now down to 204.4. Goal of under 200 by New Years. Saw heart doc Friday BP 110 over 60 pulseox 98
pulse 48. Green light to lift weights, preferabbly 5 or 10 lbs with reps rather than trying to bulk up.

Question, what goal should I set for May 16, my 73rd birthday. Lbs will be tougher to lose once I break 200 barrier, Was 180 when I
was collecting 1959-1962, Was 165 on April 14, 1966 discharge date from USAF.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

PS If HB thread won't bring EvenBob back, then may he RIP .
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
December 8th, 2012 at 7:16:41 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I started at 221 and now down to 204.4. Goal of under 200 by New Years. Saw heart doc Friday BP 110 over 60 pulseox 98
pulse 48. Green light to lift weights, preferabbly 5 or 10 lbs with reps rather than trying to bulk up.

Question, what goal should I set for May 16, my 73rd birthday. Lbs will be tougher to lose once I break 200 barrier, Was 180 when I
was collecting 1959-1962, Was 165 on April 14, 1966 discharge date from USAF.

Any suggestions ? ? ?

PS If HB thread won't bring EvenBob back, then may he RIP .

You're about 6'2", right? My husband's 6'1" and he was 185 when we met (he has a very large frame) but is now over 200 as well. I think 185 for both of you would be reasonable goals. But I'm planning on baking a bourbon/pecan cake for Christmas dinner along with all the other goodies we usually have, so I doubt he's starting any time before the New Year. He lasts about a week on any diet with his sweet tooth.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 8th, 2012 at 7:54:30 AM permalink
I am 6' even. at age 72 have not starting to shrink, yet.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1387
December 8th, 2012 at 8:09:59 AM permalink

Count me as interested! However, let's take this up over at the DT site. SOOPOO, would you care to do the honors and make a first post over there?
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

• Jump to: