Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 29th, 2020 at 12:54:24 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Fewer things driving are more annoying today than some old fogie driving a 60 year old car on the freeway 15 miles below the speed limit and thinking it’s the coolest thing ever. Or smelling their exhaust while walking in town, and them thinking it’s the coolest thing ever.

Get that junk off the road, no one thinks using a 30 year old computer is cool, it’s pretty much the same thing.

When I was a teenager, one of my neighbors was a tiny old lady driving a big old car where her eyes looked through the steering rather than over it. She painted the thing herself with a paint brush, bird's egg blue. A friend working at the gas station where they still did lots of mechanical work joked that when she brought her car in they had to make new parts for it rather than buy them.

Fortunately, I don't think she drove it on the freeway. At least not in the last 20 years. I do remember hearing she eventually drove it straight into a big ditch at the end of the road and finished it off.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
October 29th, 2020 at 2:21:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

In 1967 $300 was a lot of money.
I was taking home $55 a week in my
job, so $300 was almost a month and
a half's wages. It's really cute that
you had a rich daddy who spoiled
your ass so you had no concept
of living in the real world.

My dad took out a loan of $50
for Xmas presents in 1963. Took
him 6 months to pay it back.
Cute, huh.

I remember in 1970 one night when I bar-hopping with my high-school buddies (drinking age was 18 then, remember?). We were driving around and ran low on gas. We pooled the loose change in our pockets and were good for 3 or 4 gallons. I think the going price back then was ~ $0.30 per gallon. Don't recall what we were paying for beers.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 29th, 2020 at 3:04:55 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If someone spent $2400 on a car today, no one would say it is a lot of money.

If you think $300 was a small
amount of money in 1967,
you weren't around then.

In 67 you could buy 3 pounds
of hamburger for $1. I could
buy a used book for .25 cents.
Gas was 19 cents a gallon.
Bread was 25 cents, McD
burger was 15 cents, a Snickers
was a nickel, a full ounce of
weed was $10.

$2400 is only a small amount when
you talk about car prices. Ask
somebody to loan you $2400
and see what you have to go
thru to get it.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 29th, 2020 at 3:20:41 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

When I was a teenager, one of my neighbors was a tiny old lady driving a big old car where her eyes looked through the steering rather than over it. She painted the thing herself with a paint brush, bird's egg blue. A friend working at the gas station where they still did lots of mechanical work joked that when she brought her car in they had to make new parts for it rather than buy them.

Fortunately, I don't think she drove it on the freeway. At least not in the last 20 years. I do remember hearing she eventually drove it straight into a big ditch at the end of the road and finished it off.

I learned just a few years back about how my dad's grandmother drove. Had some big 1940s car for years. Drove it to see her sister. Standard shift. Never took it out of first. Trip was just a few blocks.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
October 29th, 2020 at 3:22:47 PM permalink

If you think $300 was a small
amount of money in 1967,
you weren't around then.

In 67 you could buy 3 pounds
of hamburger for $1. I could
buy a used book for .25 cents.
Gas was 19 cents a gallon.
Bread was 25 cents, McD
burger was 15 cents, a Snickers
was a nickel, a full ounce of
weed was $10.

$2400 is only a small amount when
you talk about car prices. Ask
somebody to loan you $2400
and see what you have to go
thru to get it.

Axelwolf once handed me $2,000 worth of gift cards and completely forgot about it. A former poster here once forgot I was holding about $1600 for him. We clearly have different ideas of what a lot of money is.
When someone tells me they spent 2400 on a car, which you say was the same as $300 was in 1967, my first reaction isn't that was a lot of money.
It's not a big deal. I think I paid $300 for my second car, a 1968 Buick Skylark. One of the ugliest cars Americans ever designed. It was as if they took a Cutlass and decided how badly they could move its lines.
In 1971/72 I got my first job. It paid $13 a week for three weeks and $19 on the fourth week. My Dad celebrated my getting a job by cutting my allowance from $4 a week to $2.I told them I was going to save $500 in a year and my Uncle said if I did that he'd match it.
To his surprise, he had to match it.
I've no idea why you chose to take shots at my parents or my upbringing, but if you ever wonder why I ignore your PMs, maybe this will give you a clue.
Last edited by: billryan on Oct 29, 2020
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
October 29th, 2020 at 4:21:17 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Axelwolf once handed me $2,000 worth of gift cards and completely forgot about it. A former poster here once forgot I was holding about $1600 for him. We clearly have different ideas of what a lot of money is.
When someone tells me they spent 2400 on a car, which you say was the same as $300 was in 1967, my first reaction isn't that was a lot of money.

I agree, $2400 for a seven year old car sounds like a great deal to me.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
October 29th, 2020 at 4:52:52 PM permalink
In 1982, I paid $1600 for 1969 Oldsmobile 442, a fair amount for a high-school kid then. Only two stations in Austin then carried the old Ethyl gas it required. Only unleaded gas available everywhere else.

How does anyone even find gasoline for old muscle cars these days?
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
DRich
DRich
October 29th, 2020 at 5:18:21 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

In 1982, I paid $1600 for 1969 Oldsmobile 442, a fair amount for a high-school kid then. Only two stations in Austin then carried the old Ethyl gas it required. Only unleaded gas available everywhere else.

Many people convert them for unleaded gas or add a fuel additive to each tank.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 30th, 2020 at 1:10:44 AM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Ethyl = High Test? Regular leaded was available almost everywhere until about 1988 around me. I remember Amoco was the first to go all lead free.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
unJon
October 30th, 2020 at 9:18:24 AM permalink
Here's a fascinating BBC article about tetraethyllead in gasoline that I just found: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-40593353#:~:text=Its%20inventor%20was%20sure%20of,washed%20his%20hands%20in%20it.

The article also points out that the inventor Thomas Midgely also worked with chlorofluorocarbon.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
October 31st, 2020 at 6:18:59 AM permalink
𝙫𝙖𝙘𝙪𝙪𝙢 𝙩𝙪𝙗𝙚𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙤𝙨 - this is how all radios worked until about 1957

"A vacuum tube, also called a valve in British English, is an electronic device used in many older model radios, television sets, and amplifiers."

the pocket size transistor radio released in 1957 by Sony changed everything - the Sony TR 63

believe it or not in the early 80s I had a job selling goods to stores and 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐈 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐮𝐮𝐦 𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐞𝐬

they actually hung around that long

when a tube burned out instead of buying a new radio or tv some people bought a new vacuum tube

to a lot of people when a TV repairman came to their home to fix the TV he was a many of mystery
virtually nobody knew how a TV worked or how to repair it
many times 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐓𝐕 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐮𝐮𝐦 𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐞 which anybody with a 7th grade education could easily be trained to do...................(-:\

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Oct 31, 2020
Please don't feed the trolls
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 31st, 2020 at 8:37:03 AM permalink
or the caltech whiz that reversedallthe tubes to fix an old radio set.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
October 31st, 2020 at 11:03:55 AM permalink
there were 𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐮𝐮𝐦 𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 in many drugstores for those in the know
you could test all your tubes if you couldn't see which one was burned out
IIRC you could also test the ones you were about to buy to make sure they were good

billryan
billryan
October 31st, 2020 at 2:18:42 PM permalink
I was an auction last year that had a similar tube testing kit with what looked like hundreds of tubes in inventory. i put in a bid thinking it would make a nice curiosity but two guys bid it up through the roof. It ended up selling for over a thousand dollars if I remember correctly.
My first reel to reel player was 12 transistors and my sister had a 15 transistor radio. That year, I got a cassette recorder that was solid state. The technology was advancing like crazy in the mid 1960s.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
October 31st, 2020 at 3:49:52 PM permalink
Remember when Walkmans were the bees knees, and people said bees knees?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
October 31st, 2020 at 4:05:27 PM permalink
I just recharged my bluetooth headphones. I think I'll upgrade my cell phone to a 5G with no headphone jack and buy a USB 3 to headphone jack adapter for the car since my car predates bluetooth.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 87
October 31st, 2020 at 4:05:45 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

there were 𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐮𝐮𝐦 𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 in many drugstores for those in the know
you could test all your tubes if you couldn't see which one was burned out
IIRC you could also test the ones you were about to buy to make sure they were good

I remember when I was about 5 going with my dad to a specific grocery store that was like a 15-minute drive away to test TV tubes!

The panel was advanced, incomprehensible science to me! Like real Star Trek technology.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 111
October 31st, 2020 at 4:09:34 PM permalink
My phone has an audio effect called tube amplifier. I thought solid state was meant to get rid of these harmonics.

I went to transistor school, not tube school.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
October 31st, 2020 at 4:40:03 PM permalink
the greatest James Bond of all of them (imho) just passed..................R.I.P.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/sean-connery-dies-daniel-craig-james-bond-1234820547/
TeachAP4you
TeachAP4you
  • Threads: 0
October 31st, 2020 at 11:03:43 PM permalink
I remember when life was simple. I will have an important announcement coming to the AP community soon. Stay tuned in.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 31st, 2020 at 11:38:09 PM permalink
Quote: TeachAP4you

I remember when life was simple. I will have an important announcement coming to the AP community soon. Stay tuned in.

with bated breath or baited breath, whichever is correct
DRich
DRich
November 1st, 2020 at 5:45:57 AM permalink
Quote: TeachAP4you

I am very excited to see what you are going to try to sell us. I sure hope it is another baccarat or roulette system.
billryan
billryan
November 1st, 2020 at 9:18:26 AM permalink
Have you come only to preach to the AP community? Have you no compassion for the non-APs amongst us?
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 12th, 2020 at 10:05:21 PM permalink
Was watching the Blue Bloods ep
about the Bullitt Mustang and
remembered my sisters husband
briefly had a 1968 Shelby GT 428
Mustang in 1968. I say briefly
because it was a race car, you
were always doing 80 without
trying. It could get rubber in all
4 gears. It's the only car I was really
scared of, to drive or ride in. My
bro in law got 9 points on his
license in 6 months. You couldn't
drive it in the winter, it had too
much rear wheel torque. Always
sliding off the road. They're worth
$150,000 today.

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 13th, 2020 at 12:49:41 AM permalink
I fondly remember growing up on a quiet suburban street -
we knew all or most of our neighbors - most were friendly if not friends - it was nice to pass people by and say a few words - lots of good vibes
there were a few strange people too, who lived in houses on the street but nobody knew anything about them and you rarely saw them and their houses were always dark
as kids we thought one woman who lived alone in a house was a witch - she had that look
now, I live in a condo - only a very few in the building make eye contact or say hello - most, I don't even know their names

DRich
DRich
December 13th, 2020 at 7:46:22 AM permalink

we knew all or most of our neighbors - most were friendly if not friends - it was nice to pass people by and say a few words - lots of good vibes
there were a few strange people too, who lived in houses on the street but nobody knew anything about them and you rarely saw them and their houses were always dark
as kids we thought one woman who lived alone in a house was a witch - she had that look
now, I live in a condo - only a very few in the building make eye contact or say hello - most, I don't even know their names

I grew up in the midwest and you had at least a casual relationship with most of your neighbors. I have been in Vegas now for 30 years and don't have a relationship with a single neighbor. We will all wave at each other when pulling out of the driveway but I have never had more than a one minute discussion with any of them.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 13th, 2020 at 10:04:21 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I grew up in the midwest and you had at least a casual relationship with most of your neighbors. I have been in Vegas now for 30 years and don't have a relationship with a single neighbor. We will all wave at each other when pulling out of the driveway but I have never had more than a one minute discussion with any of them.

Frank Culotta said that is what let them successfully rob so many places. Phoenix was much the same. Cinder block fences between places. You don't know your neighbor, you don't want to know your neighbor.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
December 13th, 2020 at 10:25:07 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Frank Culotta said that is what let them successfully rob so many places. Phoenix was much the same. Cinder block fences between places. You don't know your neighbor, you don't want to know your neighbor.

I just decided to google Frank Cullotta to see if he was still with us. He passed away on August 20.
DRich
DRich
December 13th, 2020 at 10:28:57 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I just decided to google Frank Culotta to see if he was still with us. He passed away on August 20.

Yes, up until last year he was still working with a group that did old Vegas tours and Mafia tours in Las Vegas. One of the regular stops on the tour was a tavern that I used to hang out at. I would probably seehim once a month. My wife spent some interviewing him for a book and described him as a very polite and respectful man.
DRich
DRich
December 13th, 2020 at 10:30:47 AM permalink

I have never been a muscle car fan but I do like the looks of that car.
billryan
billryan
December 13th, 2020 at 10:32:51 AM permalink

When I lived in Queens and then Henderson, the only neighbors I knew were fellow dog owners I'd meet walking my dog.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 13th, 2020 at 10:33:38 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

I just decided to google Frank Cullotta to see if he was still with us. He passed away on August 20.

His YT channel was Coffee With Culotta. From what I have read about him he seems to be fairly intelligent but ended up in a life of crime. He would change his MO at regular intervals. Really if it was not for Spilotro he might not have pulled the Bertha's heist and got caught.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 14th, 2020 at 12:38:09 AM permalink

we knew all or most of our neighbors - *

I was in a city neighborhood till
I was 11 in the 50's. We knew who
lived in every house on our street
for blocks. Not because we wanted
to, we were forced to. We played
with their kids, saw them working
in their yards, saw them walking
to the store. We were friendly but
not friends.

Things gradually changed in the US,
Canada, Briton, Germany. More cars,
more home entertainment, more
supervising who our kids played
with. I've read that keeping good
relationships with neighbors is
hard work, lots of patience and
give and take involved. More and
more we're opting out of it.

We enjoy the solitary lifestyles.
I read that we developed such
huge brains not to survive, but
to get along with other humans.
It's like playing a never ending
chess game, dealing with all
the people around you.

I have experienced both worlds,
knew all the neighbors on a first
name basis, to now where I have
no idea who my neighbors are.
Do I miss the old days, hell no.
Other people are usually not
a boon to your life, they're a
pain in the ass. Not knowing
my neighbors and all their problems
is one less thing to deal with.
Jean-Paul Sartre said "Hell is
other people because of how
we are unable to escape the
watchful gaze of everyone
around us." Think Gladys
Kravitz from Bewitched..
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 14th, 2020 at 2:35:21 AM permalink

............................Other people are usually not a boon to your life, they're a pain in the ass.

there's some truth to what you write, but still
to me, face to face human contact - if friendly and courteous - beats the hell out of posting on boards like this, or being glued to whatever screen
yes, you can distract yourself with all this wondrous tech stuff - but it's just not the same as having a beer or a cup of coffee with someone and chatting
spending hours and hours on various screens to me is a way of fooling yourself into believing that human companionship is not valuable

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 14th, 2020 at 3:08:12 AM permalink

I was in a city neighborhood till
I was 11 in the 50's. We knew who
lived in every house on our street
for blocks. Not because we wanted
to, we were forced to. We played
with their kids, saw them working
in their yards, saw them walking
to the store. We were friendly but
not friends.

Things gradually changed in the US,
Canada, Briton, Germany. More cars,
more home entertainment, more
supervising who our kids played
with. I've read that keeping good
relationships with neighbors is
hard work, lots of patience and
give and take involved. More and
more we're opting out of it.

We enjoy the solitary lifestyles.
I read that we developed such
huge brains not to survive, but
to get along with other humans.
It's like playing a never ending
chess game, dealing with all
the people around you.

I have experienced both worlds,
knew all the neighbors on a first
name basis, to now where I have
no idea who my neighbors are.
Do I miss the old days, hell no.
Other people are usually not
a boon to your life, they're a
pain in the ass. Not knowing
my neighbors and all their problems
is one less thing to deal with.
Jean-Paul Sartre said "Hell is
other people because of how
we are unable to escape the
watchful gaze of everyone
around us." Think Gladys
Kravitz from Bewitched..

The main advantage of the old way was security, If someone out of place hit a neighborhood there were eyes on them instantly. That deterred crime. It was neighborhood watch before there was neighborhood watch. Depending on the circumstances one of the men of the neighborhood might say, "can I help you?" to show that the person was out of place and being watched.
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 10
December 14th, 2020 at 8:53:19 AM permalink
I once read that the reason people didn't know their neighbors was because new homes were being built without front porches.

Instead of sitting on the front porch and getting to know your neighbors, people were now retreating to their backyards.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 14th, 2020 at 12:09:51 PM permalink

there's some truth to what you write, but still
to me, face to face human contact - if friendly and courteous - beats the hell out of posting on boards like this

Not for me, at all. Most people
bore me to tears, I want to be
away from them almost
immediately. Most are so into
their own lives they want to
fill you in on all the tedious
details. I'm the opposite, I never
talk about myself or my life
in person. It's why I know almost
everything about people I know
and they know nothing about me.
I never talk about it and they
never ask. People tend to be very
into their own melodrama.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 14th, 2020 at 3:03:02 PM permalink

Not for me, at all. Most people
bore me to tears, I want to be
away from them almost
immediately.

to me, except for having a paramour, the greatest thing in the world is having a really good friend
my 2 best friends have passed - wow - do I miss them

EvenBob
EvenBob
December 15th, 2020 at 12:31:17 PM permalink

to me, except for having a paramour, the greatest thing in the world is having a really good friend

A good friend is not 'most people'.
Most people bore me to tears.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 17th, 2020 at 4:21:18 AM permalink
Remember when during sweeps there would be a Made For TV Movie that EVERYONE was talking about the next day? It was a 70s and 80s thing but some of them I still remember. The better ones were based on some kind of true story.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
December 17th, 2020 at 8:03:25 AM permalink
Remember when this site changed and everyone hated the new format.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 17th, 2020 at 9:36:57 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Remember when during sweeps there would be a Made For TV Movie that EVERYONE was talking about the next day? It was a 70s and 80s thing but some of them I still remember. The better ones were based on some kind of true story.

That was when 35 million people
all watched the same show. Now
it's considered decent ratings
if 4 million watch.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 87
December 17th, 2020 at 1:58:57 PM permalink

That was when 35 million people
all watched the same show. Now
it's considered decent ratings
if 4 million watch.

I remember watching "The Day After" in junior high and thinking "OMG (unabbreviated) we could all die immediately in a nuclear war."

According to the interwebs: More than 100 million people, in nearly 39 million households, watched the program during its initial broadcast.

But by 1984, when The Terminator came out, we were all like "pfft, that'll never happen."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 17th, 2020 at 2:04:39 PM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I remember watching "The Day After" in junior high and thinking "OMG (unabbreviated) we could all die immediately in a nuclear war."

According to the interwebs: More than 100 million people, in nearly 39 million households, watched the program during its initial broadcast.

But by 1984, when The Terminator came out, we were all like "pfft, that'll never happen."

As cheesy as that movie looks today you cannot explain the feeling then to someone not alive at the time. If you want to see how close we came watch "Able Archer." One Russian stopped their side from launching!
rxwine
rxwine
December 17th, 2020 at 3:27:30 PM permalink
Fail Safe (1964 film)
Quote:

During a VIP visit to the headquarters of the Strategic Air Command (SAC), at Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska, the Air Force's early warning radar indicates that an unidentified aircraft has intruded into American airspace. Shortly after, the "intruder" is identified as an off-course civilian airliner and the alert is cancelled, but a computer error causes one American bomber group to receive apparently valid orders for a nuclear attack on Moscow. Attempts to rescind this order fail because a new Soviet countermeasure jams American radio communications. Unable to obtain confirmation or denial of the order, Colonel Jack Grady (Edward Binns), the US bomber group's commander, follows the order and commands his group to continue to their target.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
December 17th, 2020 at 3:29:55 PM permalink
Actually the most interesting thing about that is the idea that an unknown countermeasure could disable a safety system to prevent a mistake. Wouldn't have to be a nuclear mistake, just a mistake bad enough to start a war.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 17th, 2020 at 4:05:46 PM permalink

Actually the most interesting thing about that is the idea that an unknown countermeasure could disable a safety system to prevent a mistake. Wouldn't have to be a nuclear mistake, just a mistake bad enough to start a war.

In Able Archer it was some kind of cloud cover. The USA was on an annual wargame exercise. The Russian on duty thought it made no sense that the USA would only launch 5-10 ICBMs.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 19th, 2020 at 1:15:36 AM permalink
back in the day the Bookmobile came to our neighborhood once a week - it was a great thing - very popular - of course the selection was quite limited
I believe they've made a comeback and are still around in some places

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 19, 2020
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 19th, 2020 at 8:09:19 AM permalink

back in the day the Bookmobile came to our neighborhood once a week - it was a great thing - very popular - of course the selection was quite limited
I believe they've made a comeback and are still around in some places

Thank you! I would bet without this thread I never would have thought about "Bookmobile" again!
billryan
billryan
December 19th, 2020 at 8:22:56 AM permalink

Like claiming naval forces from a certain nation attacked a US ship in international waters, say in the Gulf of Tonkin?
Or how WW1 started ? Or even WW2? Many, if not most wars are started by accident.
  • Jump to: