avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
May 2nd, 2011 at 8:27:41 AM permalink
I am conspiritist either, nor am I a Rob Singer fan, but we did debate here for weeks about his claims. I would think that most of the minds on this forum would want a little proof.

Hell, just last week half of the US thought Obama was from someplace other, now we will all believe what he says. Perhaps we all want the news so bad we will take it at face value.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
avargov
avargov
May 2nd, 2011 at 8:48:51 AM permalink
Wiz, and others, I hear what you are saying. But we had the body, we threw it overboard, and we couldn't take a couple of snapshots? When Saddam. was dragged out of his hole, he was paraded around like a jumbo prize won at the carnival. It just all seems too tidy for me. If we got him, thank God, or whoever, but if we didn't... At least now we can leave Afghanistan with a victory unlike the Soviets. And of course Leon will have no problem becoming SoD now.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1299
May 2nd, 2011 at 8:57:48 AM permalink
Quote: avargov

But we had the body, we threw it overboard, and we couldn't take a couple of snapshots?

I shouldn't even bother responding, but we probably did take lots of pictures. However, it wouldn't be dignified to release them to the public. It would come off as grotesque, perverse, and undignified. Go ahead and believe the whole thing was a conspiracy to boost morale; I don't really care. I do think that such fringe opinions belong in the Free Speech Zone, and ask that you continue with this topic there.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
avargov
avargov
May 2nd, 2011 at 9:12:39 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I shouldn't even bother responding, but we probably did take lots of pictures. However, it wouldn't be dignified to release them to the public. It would come off as grotesque, perverse, and undignified. Go ahead and believe the whole thing was a conspiracy to boost morale; I don't really care.

That isn't really what I am saying. You, and many others here, require proof on most claims. And yet, on this particular issue, we aren't requiring any at all. We are just taking what they say at face value.

And about the DNA, when did we ever have Bin Laden in custody to get a sample to compare this one to?

And just to answer any further questions, I do not generally take our government at it's word. I worked for them too, with a secret clearence.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 2nd, 2011 at 9:22:39 AM permalink

That isn't really what I am saying. You, and many others here, require proof on most claims. And yet, on this particular issue, we aren't requiring any at all. We are just taking what they say at face value.

There is such a thing as trust.

But if Obama were to publish a book on his system to kill bin Laden, I wouldn't buy it without evidence. Happy?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1299
May 2nd, 2011 at 9:23:41 AM permalink
In case anyone is wondering, this is a split-off from the thread Reports Coming In Saying Bin Laden Is Dead....

All fringe political opinions should be put in the Free Speech Zone to begin with.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 2nd, 2011 at 9:49:15 AM permalink

And about the DNA, when did we ever have Bin Laden in custody to get a sample to compare this one to?

And just to answer any further questions, I do not generally take our government at it's word. I worked for them too, with a secret clearence.

About the DNA: I think they did a familial test. The body is a sibling match to OBL's sister, and his other siblings are all accounted for, so the body is OBL.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Virgi
Virgi
  • Threads: 0
May 2nd, 2011 at 9:55:24 AM permalink
In this time of all the political crap in this country, who really knows if Obama didn't just concoct all this to take all the economic heat off his administration and hope his approval rating would skyrocket? It fits Chicago thug politics to a tee, willing to risk everything for the end goal. Nothing can be proven, they've certainly made sure of that with their hasty "burial at sea" that Obama says was only done because of "Muslim requirements".

How long before some friend of Bin Laden comes out and says he's still alive or posts a video of him holding today's newspaper? Anything can be faked. It's left up to us what to believe. Right now we all overwhelmingly want to believe the coward is dead.
Virgi
Virgi
  • Threads: 0
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:00:25 AM permalink

This is a very good point. Somewhere in here there's a thread that has atheists saying up and down that they will not believe in there being a God unless they were shown actual proof. Now all of a sudden the Devil-on-Earth is said to have been killed and drowned into the sea, and it is somehow accepted as fact without any proof, in fact, we're told this tale by one of the most prolific thin-skinned liars in modern political history.

Support please.
kp
kp
  • Threads: 7
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:07:32 AM permalink
I think Bin Laden was seen sneaking around outside the gates at Graceland last night. I have no proof.

• Jump to: