kp
kp
  • Threads: 7
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:09:09 AM permalink
Quote: Virgi

we're told this tale by one of the most prolific thin-skinned liars in modern political history.

Oh, come on, Fox News is not that bad, even if they did report last night that Obama was dead.
dlevinelaw
dlevinelaw
  • Threads: 15
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:14:54 AM permalink
Trying to look at it logically:

The burial at sea thing seems to be holding up a lot of people's belief in how genuine the take-down was.

My instincts tell me though that by stating he was buried at sea, the U.S. government can essentially do whatever they want to with the body: bury it at sea, traditional burial, keep it, autopsy it, etc. By stating there is no body left, they may (at least in theory) free themselves from the scrutiny of not promptly burying it or having to account for where the body is.

By doing it this way, they can theoretically do whatever they want, so I think it makes sense.
Virgi
Virgi
  • Threads: 0
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:23:21 AM permalink
Quote: dlevinelaw

By doing it this way, they can theoretically do whatever they want, so I think it makes sense.

The key, of course, being "whatever they want". As in from the get-go.

It wouldn't surprise probably a majority of people in this country if Obama lied about this just as he's lied about all those charasmatic things he'd do as president during his "campaign of lies". He's really a pathological liar, and it shows in the way he says one thing into the camera via his precious teleprompters, then piles on the bullshit off them.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:25:54 AM permalink
Quote: dlevinelaw

Trying to look at it logically:

The burial at sea thing seems to be holding up a lot of people's belief in how genuine the take-down was.

Sure. The logical thing would have been to chop up the body and feed it to a bunch of pigs. but that might constitute animal abuse, and so...

What else are you going to do? Give the body to the family and they'll bury it somewhere. That creates a shrine where his deranged followers can rally, if they don't outright loot the grave and scatter "relics" of bin laden all over the world. So you dispose of the body somehow. Throwing it to the sea is one way. They might have also cremated the body and thrown the ashes into the sea. But then you'd find enterprising lunatics selling any kind of ash as bin Laden "relics," too.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 160
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:34:46 AM permalink
bin Laden could have made lots of videos in preparation for such a time. You know, where he talks about things in the future as if he's still alive, but vaguely enough that you can't pin him down (somewhat like fortune tellers). I'd give him credit for possibly being sly enough to think of that. But we'll see.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:36:41 AM permalink
I think the burial at sea is supposed to be a compromise between mutilation and familial return. We want to cut OBL's face into pieces, but that offends the religion of his (relatively innocent) family. They want the body back, but that is unacceptable to the U.S. Government. So the solution is to dispose of the body, intact, in a neutral location.

I have to think that the story being reported is at least mostly true. This is not the opportune time for The Big O to get the bump this'll bring, and if OBL is still alive and able to embarrass our government he now has the mother of all openings to do so.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1274
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:39:28 AM permalink
Quote: kp

I think Bin Laden was seen sneaking around outside the gates at Graceland last night. I have no proof.

I thought I saw him at my meeting of the Flat Earth Society yesterday. I'm a member because I don't trust anything the government says.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 160
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:45:31 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I thought I saw him at my meeting of the Flat Earth Society yesterday. I'm a member because I don't trust anything the government says.

I hear he's already scheduled to do the next season of Dancing with the Stars.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:56:53 AM permalink
Quote: kp

I think Bin Laden was seen sneaking around outside the gates at Graceland last night. I have no proof.

This was just confirmed on CNN by quest reporter Marilyn Monroe !
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
May 2nd, 2011 at 10:58:34 AM permalink
This has gotten completely out of hand. Anyone who has read any of my posts from before today would never think me to have fringe political views. And I still don't. And I have never stated I believe nothing the government claims. However, in this age of immediate media coverage, I find it hard to believe they haven't released any proof. I seem to recall hearing that 2 H-53 choppers went to the compound, but the Pakistanis didn't pick them up. It all just seems a bit to convienent to me. And the timing seems a bit odd. I am just asking for proof from my government, not too much to ask on an issue so big in the psyche of the population. If you guys want to ostrisize(sp?) me for that, so be it, that is your choice. But let me restate: I am as happy as anyone else that he is dead.

And Mike, the flat earth comment was way beneath you, I would have expected better from a man like you.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson

• Jump to: