RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 12th, 2016 at 8:15:57 PM permalink
Seems like Obama's done a bit to increase the racial divide, particularly "white police vs blacks".
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay 
  • Threads: 29
February 12th, 2016 at 10:04:11 PM permalink
Sure, Solyndra was one of Obama's failures. It certainly wasn't the only one. But a *reasoned* analysis considers *both* sides of the ledger, not just some actual negatives, a whole bunch of imaginary negatives, and none of the successes.

Historians and presidential scholars consider both hits and misses, and they periodically rank presidents from best to worst. Obama ranks 17th out of the 44 presidents, not in the top third, but certainly nowhere close to "the worst modern president" and certainly not "the worst president in history". Bush ranks near the bottom, 34. And before you say that the surveys are tainted by liberal bias (predictable, aren't we?), note that Ronald Reagan ranks higher than Obama (#15), and Jimmy Carter fared poorly (#27). After all, historians and presidential scholars are both liberal and conservative themselves.

Opinion by experts on the topic at hand trumps opinion by blowhards with no actual evidence, any day.

In your rebuttal, be sure to tell us how your analysis is superior to that of people who actually know what they're talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States#Scholar_survey_results
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 18
February 13th, 2016 at 7:34:25 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Real unemployment at 20-25%

Nope.

Care to provide a source?
Lock him up!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
February 13th, 2016 at 8:25:07 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Care to provide a source?

More help for the search-engine-impaired (not including definition of terms like "FTE"):

"During the six-and-a-half-plus years of President Obama's economic recovery, Americans have been playing Wile E. Coyote, with prosperity playing the Road Runner. Workers have been running hard, but they have not been catching up.

"Since the most recent jobs peak (November 2007), America's working age population has gone up by 19.2 million. However, during this time, the labor force has risen by only 4.4 million, and FTE jobs have increased by only 3.2 million. So, on the margin, we have created jobs for only 16.67% of potential new workers since the last employment peak. This has left America 8.3 million FTE jobs farther away from full employment than we were more than eight years ago.

"While labor force participation has now increased for four straight months, this streak has only brought us back to the level of December 2014 (which was also the level of February 1978).

"The "headline" (U-3) unemployment rate has fallen by almost half (from 9.5% to 4.9%) since the end of the last recession. However, almost all (92.2%) of the reported improvement has been the result of workers withdrawing from the labor force. Only 7.8% of the gain was produced by actual job creation."

Furthermore:

"Nobody was complaining about inequality during Bill Clinton's presidency, when RGDP growth averaged 3.87%. However, with growth averaging only 1.40% during the first 7 Obama years, progressives are desperate to change the subject from growth (which they have no idea how to produce) to inequality (which they would like you to believe that more government taxing and spending will fix).

"During the first 7 Clinton years, RGDP grew by 30.2% and the number of FTE jobs went up by 13.6%. The corresponding numbers for the comparable period under Obama are 10.2% and 2.2%, respectively.

"So, why has our economic performance been so much worse during Obama's presidency than it was under Clinton? Because we have been accumulating productive capital more slowly, and we have been getting less GDP out of each dollar of assets. The deterioration in both factors has been the result of changes in government policies." Both excerpts
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay 
February 13th, 2016 at 8:33:47 AM permalink
I missed the part where you showed that unemployment is really 20-25%.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
February 13th, 2016 at 8:39:01 AM permalink
Yep. You liberals have me figured out. If Obama was white I'd be pro global warming, begging to pay higher taxes, I'd want guns banned, and I'd cheer government spending and national debt. But since Obama is black, I'm against these things. The fact he is black is the ONLY reason I disagree with his ideology.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
February 13th, 2016 at 9:02:23 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

"Since the most recent jobs peak (November 2007), America's working age population has gone up by 19.2 million. However, during this time, the labor force has risen by only 4.4 million, and FTE jobs have increased by only 3.2 million. So, on the margin, we have created jobs for only 16.67% of potential new workers since the last employment peak. This has left America 8.3 million FTE jobs farther away from full employment than we were more than eight years ago."
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 18
February 13th, 2016 at 10:17:27 AM permalink

That's SanchoPanzo's modus operandi. Post a whole lot of B.S. and hope no one realizes the facts don't actually back up his beliefs.
Lock him up!
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay 
February 13th, 2016 at 10:36:52 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

"Since the most recent jobs peak (November 2007), America's working age population has gone up by 19.2 million. However, during this time, the labor force has risen by only 4.4 million, and FTE jobs have increased by only 3.2 million. So, on the margin, we have created jobs for only 16.67% of potential new workers since the last employment peak. This has left America 8.3 million FTE jobs farther away from full employment than we were more than eight years ago."

Again, where's the part where you showed that unemployment is really 20-25%. You honestly think the excerpt you quoted in any way backs up that claim?
HeySlick
HeySlick
  • Threads: 3
February 13th, 2016 at 11:49:35 AM permalink

Again, where's the part where you showed that unemployment is really 20-25%. You honestly think the excerpt you quoted in any way backs up that claim?

Here's another angle that Obama uses and so many REFUSE to understand/i.e., you in particular --- President Obama has techniques that aren't conventional -- if you deny this isn't possible, then it's on you. check-out the link below --- Obama is a master at deception and deceit - and his skin color has provided lots of protection from any serious scrutiny.

http://www.whale.to/c/an_examination_of_obama.html

• Jump to: