Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
December 15th, 2015 at 12:00:33 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

We are truly making arduous efforts towards transforming the industry towards unlimited bet denom AP.

As I have said before, this country is built on new ideas and hard work. Neither of which you seem to be lacking in. That said, wouldn't it be nice to get a machine or 2 placed before "Transforming" an industry that seems to be doing OK in most places. Going for the Home Run is nice, but I think you will get your foot in the door faster as a nice Singles Hitter looking to add something to a already winning team.
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 37
December 15th, 2015 at 12:22:56 PM permalink
Quote: wellwellwell

"Hope and Change" and we all see how that has worked out the last 7 years.

Yes, it has been spectacular. Inflation under 2%, unemployment down from 10% to 5%, stock market doubled, gays allowed in military, marriage equality, nationalized health care, relations with Cuba and Iran almost normalized, Climate deal just concluded, Gas under $2, housing market rebounded, etc... sadly nothing done to reign in the NRA nor has Guantanamo been closed. Those are two failures, but not for lack of trying.
Boz
Boz
December 15th, 2015 at 1:01:21 PM permalink
Quote: teliot

Yes, it has been spectacular. Inflation under 2%, unemployment down from 10% to 5%, stock market doubled, gays allowed in military, marriage equality, nationalized health care, relations with Cuba and Iran almost normalized, Climate deal just concluded, Gas under $2, housing market rebounded, etc... sadly nothing done to reign in the NRA nor has Guantanamo been closed. Those are two failures, but not for lack of trying.

All of those can be countered but I'll save that for another post, this is about the stock.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
December 15th, 2015 at 4:15:57 PM permalink

Your boy Obama also uses a selfie stick. You forgot to mention that.

You must be proud.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 15th, 2015 at 5:24:31 PM permalink

Well said. In about 20 years, maybe there'll be enough perspective to see both the good and the bad without the hate filter skewing everything. That's worth a hope, anyway.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
December 15th, 2015 at 5:48:10 PM permalink

Real unemployment at 20-25%, stock market hugely over
valued, Obamacare failing everywhere, Climate deal
a joke, unenforcable, Iran deal also a joke, the average
person taking home less money than the last year Bush
was in office. Every poll shows the dissatisfaction of
where we are is at all time lows. Obama's 'leadership'
is the joke of the world.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Boz
Boz
December 15th, 2015 at 6:01:06 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Well said. In about 20 years, maybe there'll be enough perspective to see both the good and the bad without the hate filter skewing everything. That's worth a hope, anyway.

Disappointed you see it as hate. I agree some will hate him no matter what, but most with conservative beliefs see him as just another liberal living in a fantasy world with his beliefs and policies.

I find it hard to believe anyone doesn't see him as a person who didn't like how America operated for over 200 years and that most of his policies have shown that.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 15th, 2015 at 6:12:28 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Disappointed you see it as hate. I agree some will hate him no matter what, but most with conservative beliefs see him as just another liberal living in a fantasy world with his beliefs and policies.

I find it hard to believe anyone doesn't see him as a person who didn't like how America operated for over 200 years and that most of his policies have shown that.

Not saying there isn't legitimate criticism. And not dismissing criticism as blind hatred. But nothing gets done in a world of name-calling and mudslinging. If President Obama was weak, and the Republicans were effective, they'd simply work around him and still get things done. If what they were trying to do was sensible or could be sold, and a vote needed Democrats, there have been plenty of Dems who have differed and even repudiated the President's stance on something. Instead, the Republicans have accomplished NOTHING. All political posturing and blame. No responsible governance. That's not on President Obama by a long shot, but the mountain of blame aimed his way has become a quick and easy substitute for real and worthwhile movement on issues of substance.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 15th, 2015 at 11:03:35 PM permalink
He killed Bin Laden and my gas prices are lower so if I could vote for him again I would
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Boz
Boz
December 16th, 2015 at 5:54:37 AM permalink
How did I get credit for starting this thread when my post is about Stock?

Teliot should get the credit.

The only thing most can agree on is he has divided the country more than any President in my lifetime, though I was young at the end of the Nixon years. Why he has divided us is the argument. I still see it as policies that I don't feel help the majority of Americans and many I feel are based on what he sees as injustice over the years.

I was brought up to believe everyone except the mentally and physically handicapped can make it in America with honesty and hard work. I still believe that and see it everyday. Others like Obama and much of the left don't and feel they need to level the field. I see this as hurting a majority to help a few.

• Jump to: