Thread Rating:

Yoyomama
Yoyomama
  • Threads: 37
March 29th, 2011 at 1:25:55 PM permalink
I'm sorry I asked. I won't do this again.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 29th, 2011 at 1:29:55 PM permalink
Quote: P90

That's flaming, not trolling. A troll provokes others to call each other names, not does that himself.

A troll goes about causing trouble, it doens't matter how. I'm not causing anything save some mild amusement.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
March 29th, 2011 at 1:32:18 PM permalink
Trolling is an age-honored activity with its own traditions. One is that a troll avoids breaking the rules explicitly as much as possible, he makes other members break the rules.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 29th, 2011 at 1:34:19 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Does it necessarily require a field?

A field or something like it.

Quote:

Is boxing a sport?

No. Two troglodytes trying to give each other brain damge is a barbaric spectacle, not a sport. and I ammend not one iota of that statement in the case of women's boxing.

Quote:

How about squash (enclosed court)

Squash does better in fertile fields out in the sun with plenty of water. What does this have to do with sports?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
kp
kp
  • Threads: 7
March 29th, 2011 at 1:37:34 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

A sport is an athletic contest with a defined objective on the field.

Can you provide some examples?
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
March 29th, 2011 at 1:42:56 PM permalink
I believe someone here is trying to turn leg-pulling into a sport.

I asked the sports guys from my local paper if they considered poker to be a sport, and they just laughed. We were at a baseball game and they considered THAT to be a sport, though. So, hah. :P
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
March 29th, 2011 at 1:43:06 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I think it shows how much golf is a mental game

Absolutely!! All the guys are on tour are superb golfers with incredible skills. Tiger has consistently demonstrated that he had the ability to perform at a level a notch above the best players in the world. The mistakes he made in his personal life have definitely affected his ability to concentrate on his game.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 29th, 2011 at 1:44:59 PM permalink

A troll goes about causing trouble, it doens't matter how. I'm not causing anything save some mild amusement.

A troll goes out and tries to start an argument by making an inflammatory point.

It's nothing to do with causing insult or injury... just that many trolls end up with that as well.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
March 29th, 2011 at 1:45:28 PM permalink

A field or something like it.

Well, let's see.

Forum is a field, or if not, quite like it.
The objectives are clearly defined as attracting attention and causing heated arguments or unrest.

So baseball is not a sport, but trolling by your definition is.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
clarkacal
clarkacal
  • Threads: 42
March 29th, 2011 at 1:55:59 PM permalink
Maybe to recoup some of his losses from the divorce Tiger is deliberately tanking until the odds on him winning a particular tourney are so long he can make a huge score, more than making up for the lost prize money.

• Jump to: