Thread Rating:

aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 364
November 18th, 2018 at 8:35:41 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I personally think this thread was started to be light hearted and bonding. :)

Exactly
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 103
November 18th, 2018 at 9:35:12 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Here is a big secret. I occasionally in the past had doubts if Nathan's Corner was a good idea. I've never told anyone this outright before although I did slightly imply my doubts by repeating, "Nathan's Corner was a good idea," like three times with an uncertain emoticon, this one. :/ After I was told that NC meant I was no longer allowed to bump up any of my old threads. But I do nowadays honestly think NC is a good thread. :)

Nathan reviving this dead thread with absolutely nothing of substance to add is forbidden by agreement between Nathan and the mods. The mods have allowed Nathan to keep inanity like her last post confined to Nathan's thread. I am requesting a mod to suspend Nathan, hopefully using the Martingale rule the Wiz suggests. thanks
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 148
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
November 18th, 2018 at 9:57:55 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Nathan reviving this dead thread with absolutely nothing of substance to add is forbidden by agreement between Nathan and the mods. The mods have allowed Nathan to keep inanity like her last post confined to Nathan's thread. I am requesting a mod to suspend Nathan, hopefully using the Martingale rule the Wiz suggests. thanks

why are you requesting that someone be banned with no good reason?
inanity? there's lots of it here that's not hers
why don't you just put her on your ignore list?
are you WOV's bouncer?
"that ball hit his hands. that's a foul ball. the hands are part of the bat"........... "O.K. you think the hands are part of the bat then go down to Dick's Sporting Goods and buy a bat with hands attached." former MLB umpire Jim Evans
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 43
November 18th, 2018 at 10:02:14 AM permalink

Soopoo,
I have an opinion on this which is somewhat aligned to yours. Here's the gist of it....

The thread wasn't dead, it was just dormant a few months.

The thread was already light-hearted and trivial: Adding something of substance to such a trivial thread was never really much of an option for any of us.

I'm inclined to think that discussion of the value and nature of 'Nathan's Corner' would be best kept in Nathan's Corner, where we can easily ignore it.

I'm inclined to suggest that if a member thinks another member should be suspended, then that should be expressed as a PM to one or more of the moderators.

So. No suspension by me at this time. But then, I'm just one moderator with one opinion.
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 193
November 18th, 2018 at 10:26:13 AM permalink
I kind of am jealous of Nathan's corner.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
November 18th, 2018 at 10:44:30 AM permalink

I request you let your kids read this and explain to you just how stupid it is.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 18th, 2018 at 11:10:14 AM permalink
It's not really a "secret" anymore, but what can I do?

I like turtles
"What, me worry?"
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 10
November 18th, 2018 at 11:13:26 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

It's not really a "secret" anymore, but what can I do?

I like turtles

Itís turtles all the way down.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
November 18th, 2018 at 11:45:16 AM permalink
Heroes in a half shell. Wats not to luv?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 103
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKintBoz
November 18th, 2018 at 12:05:57 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I request you let your kids read this and explain to you just how stupid it is.

Both my sons are (dormant) members here. I have shown them many of your posts. They have explained to me how stupid most of your posts are. This one included, obviously....

• Jump to: