Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 18th, 2018 at 12:44:49 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Both my sons are (dormant) members here. I have shown them many of your posts. They have explained to me how stupid most of your posts are. This one included, obviously....

That was cold. #sad
I am a robot.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 18th, 2018 at 1:55:56 PM permalink
Who the hell is lorette?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
November 18th, 2018 at 4:39:31 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

So. No suspension by me at this time. But then, I'm just one moderator with one opinion.

I agree. The primary rule is that Nathan can't start new threads without Admin approval, but she can post in any thread she wishes, as long as she stays on topic. The Nathan stories that we all either love or hate must be confined to NC. It could be argued her post here was not exactly on topic, but I'll let it slide.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 18th, 2018 at 4:46:05 PM permalink
Here is my secret, which I admit is not a very good one. The character I'm most attracted to on the Big Bang Theory is Leslie Winkle.

OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
November 18th, 2018 at 5:23:23 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Here is my secret, which I admit is not a very good one. The character I'm most attracted to on the Big Bang Theory is Leslie Winkle.

Oh, i don't know. Mayim Bialik is pretty hot when not dressed down to be Amy.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
RogerKint
November 18th, 2018 at 5:33:32 PM permalink
So one set of rules for Nathan, and another for the rest of us.
Makes sense. Separate, but equal.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
November 18th, 2018 at 5:35:27 PM permalink

I agree. The primary rule is that Nathan can't start new threads without Admin approval, but she can post in any thread she wishes, as long as she stays on topic. The Nathan stories that we all either love or hate must be confined to NC. It could be argued her post here was not exactly on topic, but I'll let it slide.

It was "Tell a secret" so I did tell a secret. ;)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
billryan
billryan
November 18th, 2018 at 5:36:08 PM permalink
Never realized she was Blossom.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 18th, 2018 at 6:58:37 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Oh, i don't know. Mayim Bialik is pretty hot when not dressed down to be Amy.

Thanks for the link. Either she put on weight since those photos were taken or they make her look chubby on the BBT deliberately. While I certainly respect her PhD in neuroscience, my "secret" was based on the characters on the show, as opposed to the actresses who play them.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
November 18th, 2018 at 8:59:34 PM permalink
My secret is that there’s someone I want to block (all of his posts are useless) but I don’t know how to block people on the mobile site... embarrassing...
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 18th, 2018 at 9:15:18 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

My secret is that there’s someone I want to block (all of his posts are useless) but I don’t know how to block people on the mobile site... embarrassing...

Where would you be without me? https://wizardofvegas.com/block/PERSONSUSERNAMEHERE/

For instance, if you wanted to block me (I know it's not me whom you want to block, but irregardless) you'd do https://wizardofvegas.com/block/rs/

While on the thread....my secret is, and I'm sure everyone already knows....but I'm not a huge fan of the deep end in pools, at least if I'm by myself. Well, I guess that applies to the whole area of the pool, including the shallow end. Jacuzzis too, but they aren't so scary. I think I have PTSD from watching that wretched Piranha movie.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
November 18th, 2018 at 10:08:30 PM permalink
I never finished high school
get second you pig
FinsRule
FinsRule
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
November 19th, 2018 at 4:30:12 AM permalink
Thanks RS. I’m not blocking you. I’d like to block your signature because it’s so long, but what can you do...

My next secret is that sometimes I look at blocked members posts...
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
November 19th, 2018 at 6:26:03 AM permalink

Just click on their name and select Block even on Mobile. That happened to me with a poster I wanted to block and I was using the mobile version.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FinsRule
FinsRule
November 19th, 2018 at 7:30:02 AM permalink
Even better! Thanks Karen! I think I’ve tried that before, but never scrolled down far enough.
Nathan
Nathan
November 19th, 2018 at 8:01:56 AM permalink

Even better! Thanks Karen! I think I’ve tried that before, but never scrolled down far enough.

You're welcome! :D
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
November 19th, 2018 at 8:32:47 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

I took 5 years to graduate.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Nathan
Nathan
November 19th, 2018 at 9:31:21 AM permalink

Lots of successful People and Celebrities never finished high school. I think Eminem and Ludacris were high school dropouts but went back to night school to get their GED or something like that after they had been highly successful and wealthy for years. :)
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
November 19th, 2018 at 9:49:05 AM permalink
Secret: I didn't know Soopoo was such a big crybaby.
billryan
billryan
November 19th, 2018 at 9:56:42 AM permalink
Quote: SM777

Secret: I didn't know Soopoo was such a big crybaby.

Reading is FUNdamental.
I'm pretty sure he is a much nicer person than some of his posts would indicate. I'm not sure why he is so upset with Nathan, nor do I really care.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
November 19th, 2018 at 10:23:06 AM permalink
my fear is being marginalized by tech
people are loving up all this new tech stuff and I don't
feel like I'm an outsider - don't want to take a thousand pictures of myself and my family every month
don't want to talk to a bot - it feels real weird
don't want to make videos of trivial stuff

it's not that I don't think I could acquire the knowledge to use it
I'm sure I easily could
all these people can't be geniuses

I just don't want to
Please don't feed the trolls
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
miplet
November 19th, 2018 at 11:29:28 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

So what, you were like 11 by then?
Nathan
Nathan
November 19th, 2018 at 4:40:43 PM permalink

That's not really all that bad. You only had one extra year. Reminds me of a Teenage book I read in actual high school. Lizette, a Senior, was seen holding hands with Tommy, a Junior, and someone mentioned, "Why is Lizette dating Tommy? Isn't she too old for him? The reply was,"Actually, Tommy was held back a year, so they are the same age."
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 19th, 2018 at 4:53:11 PM permalink

Went the Regents route (anyone?). 9th grade Regents math was carrying a 32 average. Non-regents popped into 50's. Failed English, Spanish...I passed Earth Science and Phys Ed only. That was it. Summer school.

10th failed English, math, social studies.... mid 90's in Bio, phys ed.... summer school.

11th was suspended some 40 times (in school), failed math, history, Spanish...everything but Chemistry and gym, which were A+. Summer school.

12th skipped everything, quizzed and tested my way into passing what little I had left. Crushed physics and got a 63 on my math. Teach pulled me aside, asked me a few questions, boom. Two points for a 65. I passed math.

Cull all the BS and pop in my summer school grades, I got my Regents with an A.

So, neener neener, I got mine in 4. My years just happened to be 270 days long -_-
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
November 19th, 2018 at 5:01:25 PM permalink
I think I went to about 2 years out of 4 in high school because I kept skipping school and almost didn't graduate
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
November 19th, 2018 at 5:15:48 PM permalink

I didn’t finish College despite spending 4 years there, and I feel guilty about it every day.
prozema
prozema
  • Threads: 24
November 19th, 2018 at 5:31:21 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I didn’t finish College despite spending 4 years there, and I feel guilty about it every day.

It took me 15 years to graduate college. I'm not a doctor.
billryan
billryan
November 19th, 2018 at 5:51:55 PM permalink
It used to be that in NY State, you had to pass a certain number of course and tests that were called Regents classes in order to get a Regents
Diploma. Getting a non Regents Diploma wasn't acceptable for most as it was looked at as inferior. I'm not saying it was, but in eleventh grade people not on the Regents track had better be good in shop or something. While some courses had Regents credits, you needed to pass a test in History, Science, Spanish, and a few other subjects. I think it was six or eight tests in total
So I transfer into a school the start of my Junior year and keep hearing how screwed I am because the Regents test cover material kids already were taught and won't be taught again. Looking over old exams, there is a bunch of stuff I was never taught. My family gets an after school tutor to help me, but I'm playing sports and its a two hour commute each way by bus( twenty minutes by car, which hardly ever happened) so May comes and I pretty much screwed. There are two tests I just cant pass. I can get in the mid 60s, which technically is passing but not Regents Credited.

I must have put 100 hours of studying the last few weeks but its borderline at best that I'll pass them. Regents Week comes and the day before testing begins, someone stole the answer keys and distributed an unknown amount of copies. Test canceled and that years Regents credits were issued by teacher recommendation or something. I believe SooPoo is around my age, so hopefully he benefited from it as well.

I ended up winning a Regents Scholarship which at the time was based solely on a single test- I think the PSAT, but don't remember, and an ROTC scholarship( my year was a record low # of applicants), but I'm not at all sure I would have gotten the Regents Diploma without those stolen tests.

In school, I was great at the classes I liked- History, Geography, some math, Religion, some sciences but some I was indifferent to. I failed geometry twice, but that was because of the teacher. He didn't teach. He assigned homework and then spent the whole class reviewing the homework on an overhead projector. Ended up with him a second time in summer school and failed again. Transferred schools and was top of the class the next year. As I was new to the school, had gotten into a few fights early on and had failed the class twice already, I was suspected of cheating. I finished one test so fast and got such a good score, that the teacher pulled me out of gym and made me take it over in front of him. He kept harping on me to confess, that the paper wouldn't lie and I'd screw up the retest.
Ended up getting almost the same score and an apology. We started talking and I found out he thought I was 19 years old and was returning to school after dropping out a few years before. I was 15 and transferred. Things went much smoother after that.
But I digress....
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
November 19th, 2018 at 6:24:14 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I know people who were in and out of college until their 40's when they finally graduated.

As for me, I admit I took a 5th year, but was only 17 quarter credits short after the 4th year. I was hoping to get a degree signed by Robert Huttenback, which would have happened had a graduated on time. However, alas, a change of major and some very tough classes in statistics slowed things down.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
November 19th, 2018 at 6:54:31 PM permalink

I know people who were in and out of college until their 40's when they finally graduated.

As for me, I admit I took a 5th year, but was only 17 quarter credits short after the 4th year. I was hoping to get a degree signed by Robert Huttenback, which would have happened had a graduated on time. However, alas, a change of major and some very tough classes in statistics slowed things down.

The class that really broke me was Discrete Math II

The professor was just terrible. Very poor English, very bad teaching skills. He got very frustrated when anyone asked questions or asked for clarification, and he was the only teacher at the university who taught the course. Discrete math 1 was with another professor and I got an A.

After failing that class 3 times and realizing I wouldn’t graduate on time, and for a variety of other reasons I won’t make excuses for, I became unmotivated and apathetic towards my other course work and dropped out.

I’m doing career wise now, but I’m sure I’d be making more money if I had that degree.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
November 19th, 2018 at 7:44:09 PM permalink
I missed one day of High School. Drank all day and got stupid drunk and threw up in my bed.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
beachbumbabsRSck1313Mooseton
November 19th, 2018 at 10:15:06 PM permalink
When I was 10, I put a fresh poop on the rocks in the sauna at my local rec center. My brother and I sat in there and watched as people left in disgust. They opened and closed the door so many times that it stunk up the lobby too.
I heart Crystal Math.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanked by
CrystalMathmipletOnceDearodiousgambittringlomane
November 19th, 2018 at 10:46:09 PM permalink
In junior high I discovered some small frogs somewhere in the grass. They were about the size of a quarter. So, I grabbed one in my hand, not really knowing what to do with it. I walked all over the campus during lunch, trying to think of a use for this frog, but was coming up blank.

Eventually I found myself at the pay phone in the front of the school. The bell was about to ring so I put the frog in the coin return, for lack of a better idea, and went to class.

At some period in the afternoon I found myself at Mrs. Smith's 8th grade English class, which was coincidentally right by that pay phone. Mrs. Smith hadn't let us in yet, so I was just standing there, wondering why happened to that frog. I supposed he jumped up into the interior of the phone and would probably get lost and die. However, then one of the most popular girls in the whole school went to use the phone. Her name was Robin, tall, with long blazing red hair. She had a very talkative personality and was usually the center of attention. Naturally, she wouldn't have known a damn thing about me, being many levels beneath her in the caste system that is junior high.

To get back to the story, I guess her call didn't go through so she opened up the coin return and out jumped my frog right into her face. Robin screamed like she just saw a ghost. She then backed up and quietly ran away. First time I had ever seen her for lack of words. It was a fine moment. Maybe this isn't a good confession, as I'm kind of proud of it. Probably the only time in junior high, or high school too for that matter, that anything I did had the least bit of influence of a girl who registered well on the popularity scale.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
November 20th, 2018 at 5:05:32 AM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

When I was 10, I put a fresh poop on the rocks in the sauna at my local rec center. My brother and I sat in there and watched as people left in disgust. They opened and closed the door so many times that it stunk up the lobby too.

where do you get the fresh poop from
I am a robot.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
November 20th, 2018 at 6:32:35 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

where do you get the fresh poop from

My brother produced it onto some folded up toilet paper in the locker room.
I heart Crystal Math.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
November 20th, 2018 at 9:12:55 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Reading is FUNdamental.
I'm pretty sure he is a much nicer person than some of his posts would indicate. I'm not sure why he is so upset with Nathan, nor do I really care.

If you don't care then no need to ever mention my interaction with Nathan again, right?

I have laid out my reasons for wanting Nathan banned. The personna that is Nathan, or Karen, or whatever name he or she goes by on whatever forum...... only serves to demean the value of THIS site. The number of inane threads, thread derails, lies, half truths, and overall childish silliness from Nathan's posts make a mockery of this forum. Of course, the above is just my opinion, and others (you, as an example) disagree. BBB has detailed through dozens of moderator posts the line which Nathan has crossed, but nathan is cunning.... with only a single exception she has only qualified for one suspension. As I've said, if I was king (Mike) I would have nuked Nathan long ago, using the "Nuclear option"

SM777--- If in your mind me wanting to make this a better forum makes me a crybaby, feel free to not respond to my posts if you can't understand a deeper level of thinking.
billryan
billryan
November 20th, 2018 at 9:39:14 AM permalink
If I ruled the world, I'd have all the girls.
Wear diamond and pearls, if I ruled the world.
OnceDear
OnceDear
November 20th, 2018 at 9:40:35 AM permalink

If you don't care then no need to ever mention my interaction with Nathan again, right?

Neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anyone, but can we take discussions about the value of Nathan or Nathan's Corner TO Nathan's Corner. Raising it here was something of a thread hijack, IMHO.

Anyhow. In the spirit of this thread... One of my secrets...

Every time I see the user name SooPoo, I think about this character from my childhood.
Sooty

No offence intended SooPoo.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
November 20th, 2018 at 9:42:06 AM permalink

If I ruled the world, I'd have all the girls.
Wear diamond and pearls, if I ruled the world.

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning, I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
November 20th, 2018 at 10:13:03 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning, I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

That's Cold. Play it again, Sam.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
November 20th, 2018 at 10:16:47 AM permalink

That's Cold. Play it again, Sam.

Fun bit of trivia. The line “Play it again, Sam” is never uttered in the movie Casablanca.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
November 20th, 2018 at 10:23:47 AM permalink
We'd dance and sing all afternoon
Rain would wash all trouble away
Every wish will be granted to me
If I could be Queen for a Day
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
November 20th, 2018 at 10:54:40 AM permalink
I can't stand this indecision
Married with a lack of vision
Everybody wants to rule the world.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Forager
November 20th, 2018 at 11:26:17 AM permalink

I have laid out my reasons for wanting Nathan banned. The personna that is Nathan, or Karen, or whatever name he or she goes by on whatever forum...... only serves to demean the value of THIS site. The number of inane threads, thread derails, lies, half truths, and overall childish silliness from Nathan's posts make a mockery of this forum. Of course, the above is just my opinion, and others (you, as an example) disagree. BBB has detailed through dozens of moderator posts the line which Nathan has crossed, but nathan is cunning.... with only a single exception she has only qualified for one suspension. As I've said, if I was king (Mike) I would have nuked Nathan long ago, using the "Nuclear option"

SM777--- If in your mind me wanting to make this a better forum makes me a crybaby, feel free to not respond to my posts if you can't understand a deeper level of thinking.

Just to clarify. I don't care why you are upset about Nathan. I do care that you needlessly attack her and try to get her suspended.
We have a system of Moderation. If someone's post offends you, do what others do and pm a monitor about the post. Nathan is here until she isn't. Nothing you bitch about will change that.

You are better than this. Rise up.
FinsRule
FinsRule
November 20th, 2018 at 2:27:51 PM permalink
Next secret. I have $12,000 in credit card debt.
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
RogerKintprozema
November 20th, 2018 at 3:10:33 PM permalink

Next secret. I have $12,000 in credit card debt.

Nice. My secret... I stoozed 9 separate credit card 0% promo deals and for over 12 months had interest free credit card debt that was greater than my mortgage. The borrowed money was used to buy lucrative discounted share options which ultimately eradicated my mortgage over a decade early. Sorry ZK. I played the system at its own game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 20th, 2018 at 3:14:06 PM permalink
I ripped off columbia house and BMG for about 60 Cassettes and CDs in the 90s. I also took them for about 30 VHs tapes. They never did anything about it. I still have everything too.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 20th, 2018 at 3:20:00 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I ripped off columbia house and BMG for about 60 Cassettes and CDs in the 90s. I also took them for about 30 VHs tapes. They never did anything about it. I still have everything too.

Jesus Christ.... I got divebombed by this bit of nostalgia just a few days ago, have no idea why. I think it was junk mail that jostled it loose, and next thing I knew I was Spotify searching for all my old Colombia House albums while contemplating the legality of entering contracts at the age of 12.

Never paid them c#$%s, neither. Still have my Doggystyle CD.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
OnceDear
OnceDear
Thanked by
GWAE
November 20th, 2018 at 3:27:42 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Nice one. There were similar scam schemes in the UK. Music and book club scams. They deserve everything they got by way of penalty.

If you ever meet Wizard, tell him to buy you a beer from me ( I'm sure he owes me a beer )
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 20th, 2018 at 3:36:28 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Jesus Christ.... I got divebombed by this bit of nostalgia just a few days ago, have no idea why. I think it was junk mail that jostled it loose, and next thing I knew I was Spotify searching for all my old Colombia House albums while contemplating the legality of entering contracts at the age of 12.

Never paid them c#$%s, neither. Still have my Doggystyle CD.

I used to love getting the thing in the mail and putting my stickers on the pages for which albums I wanted. My mom would get so mad that I kept getting these things.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: