Thread Rating:

tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 2nd, 2013 at 2:51:42 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

To add to the "stupid law" discussion: This is not really enforced. Basically sex toys (vibrators, etc.) just have a sticker saying "for novelty use only" and can be bought at adult "novelty stores" in Georgia; their selection was comparable to Missouri, which doesn't have a dumb law like this. Not shocked about Georgia having this rule, they just started allowing Sunday sales of alcohol in stores after I moved away. I guess if a cop caught you using a toy for sexual gain in your home, I guess it would be illegal.

Also if the "erection in public" law was generally enforced, we would then have too many 13-year olds in jail. Also, that's Indiana, no Sunday sales of alcohol in stores. Seeing a connection?

Quote: YesThereReal

i know they dont have that law in mo... :)

If that's a bot, I am definitely impressed. She probably was hoping I would private message her though...haha
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
July 2nd, 2013 at 2:52:55 PM permalink
I've seen these bots before. Spelling is aways the tell
on them. People who can't spell do so phonetically,
they always get the same words wrong. This bot was
all over the place with spelling.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 2nd, 2013 at 2:55:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I've seen these bots before. Spelling is aways the tell
on them. People who can't spell do so phonetically,
they always get the same words wrong. This bot was
all over the place with spelling.

What I don't get is why do bots misspell so often. When I see bots, they often have tons of misspellings. This one did too, but she sold the story of being dumb much better than most. Is decent spelling that hard for a programmer?
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
July 2nd, 2013 at 2:56:53 PM permalink
Quote: tupp

Actually, the question was embedded in the beginning within the test paragraph. Any non-troll with a normally set browser would have cleared themselves instantly, which is what I was hoping for.

When YesThereReal wouldn't (couldn't) answer about the big words (after I further enlarged them), it was clear that we were dealing with a bot, a troll or someone with strange browser settings. That's when I began to separately scrutinize about the other website(s).

FWIW, she did seem to grasp the content of the linked site the first time around and made a joke in context. I dunno, I guess I'm just a little disturbed that someone, even a possibly naive someone, was summarily ejected on a suspicion.

But whatever, back to business as usual.
JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
July 2nd, 2013 at 2:58:21 PM permalink
I am still inclined to believe (based on a little more evidence than is available to the rest of you) that YesThereReal was not a bot, just someone who was intentionally playing dumb and being a nuisance.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 2nd, 2013 at 2:59:38 PM permalink

What I don't get is why do bots misspell so often. When I see bots, they often have tons of misspellings. This one did too, but she sold the story of being dumb much better than most. Is decent spelling that hard for a programmer?

Leet speak makes you think the person is dumber, so you don't notice their inability to hold the conversation as long. Another form of social engineering/hacking.

I would at least be consistent with the spelling bad though... I suspect a human troll rather than a computer one.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
JB
Administrator
JB
July 2nd, 2013 at 3:06:21 PM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

FWIW, she did seem to grasp the content of the linked site the first time around and made a joke in context. I dunno, I guess I'm just a little disturbed that someone, even a possibly naive someone, was summarily ejected on a suspicion.

Funny, I think it is naïve to think that YesThereReal was naïve.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
July 2nd, 2013 at 3:11:08 PM permalink
Quote: JB

Funny, I think it is naïve to think that YesThereReal was naïve.

Perhaps. Or maybe I meet/know more people that aren't as swift on the uptake as you so it doesn't seem that farfetched. Being a table games dealer exposes you to levels of "Oh my God I can't believe someone doesn't know that," that I previously wouldn't have believed.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
July 2nd, 2013 at 3:14:08 PM permalink

You should see some of my niece's and nephew's tweets. Their misspellings are similar (and just as random). That's why I initially thought YesThereReal was just some punk kid.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
JB
Administrator
JB
July 2nd, 2013 at 3:39:26 PM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

Perhaps. Or maybe I meet/know more people that aren't as swift on the uptake as you so it doesn't seem that farfetched. Being a table games dealer exposes you to levels of "Oh my God I can't believe someone doesn't know that," that I previously wouldn't have believed.

I find it funny how defensive you are over their suspension, and even funnier how the IP addresses associated with your account are coming from the same city/area as the IP addresses associated with YesThereReal's account.

Was "YesThereReal" by any chance the product of your own Cleverbot script?

• Jump to: