HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
December 1st, 2019 at 6:28:16 PM permalink
So... I have a question with this one as well.

OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 1st, 2019 at 6:59:00 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

So... I have a question with this one as well.

This strategy is meant to be considered in order from top to bottom.

If you look at the DB paytable, 4 Aces specifically is worth a lot more than the other 4oak, especially with the right kicker (idk the DB table, actually, whether it has kickers, but 4oak are paid higher on Bonus games, and usually Aces best of all) .

So on that strategy chart 3 Aces is 3rd highest, ABOVE a full house. Even if you get 3 aces and a pair, you throw away the pair, and draw for that 4th Ace.

Next (4th )is full houses (and the other two pat hands) - you keep all of them except Aces over something, because you already kept just the 3 aces above.

So, 5th, the one you red-lined, is hold all 3oak. Except you already held your Aces in #3, so they're not included in #5. It reinforces how valuable the Aces are (that you even broke up a full house to keep them).

Redundant way of saying it, but complete for purposes of explaining the holds.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
December 3rd, 2019 at 2:34:22 AM permalink
Thanks Barbara. Another thing is... on this game I keep being dealt TWO PAIR where one of the pairs is Aces. Why am I holding both of the pairs and not just the Aces?
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
December 3rd, 2019 at 3:09:41 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Thanks Barbara. Another thing is... on this game I keep being dealt TWO PAIR where one of the pairs is Aces. Why am I holding both of the pairs and not just the Aces?

If it's 10-7 DB, you hold AAXX. A fairly close play, but the full house is worth more than in 9-7 DB where you just keep the Aces.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
  • Jump to: