bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
September 11th, 2017 at 12:02:44 PM permalink
Is there an issue with WinPoker and Windows 10? I don't even have Windows 10 and don't even know what it looks like, but know someone that says they could not install it on Win10.

I personally keep a partition of XP just for WinPoker and VPfW, and that's all I use it for. They both work so well on XP. My main partition is Linux. I have no problem with WinPoker on Linux using WINE, but it's not as fast as on XP. I never was able to figure out how to do that with VPfW but that's ok.

Anyway, I don't intend to get Windows 10 but I wanted to tell my friend what the deal was. I asked him if he had an old computer so he could keep XP just for his vp software. I tried to search this forum for info but I'm not very good at that. So finally posted to see if anyone has an opinion.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
September 11th, 2017 at 12:19:54 PM permalink
From the product web site:

The WinPoker software runs under any Windows 32-bit operating system (95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP) and also Vista and windows 7, 8 and 10

An email address and phone number are given for contacting support if you need additional information.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
September 11th, 2017 at 12:43:00 PM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

From the product web site:

The WinPoker software runs under any Windows 32-bit operating system (95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP) and also Vista and windows 7, 8 and 10

An email address and phone number are given for contacting support if you need additional information.

Thanks, that's the obvious solution. I would think my friend would have done that already. I haven't talked to him in a few days, maybe he did. I'll just stay out of it and let him handle it. It's his problem. Thank you.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
BobDancer
BobDancer
  • Threads: 21
September 11th, 2017 at 3:50:50 PM permalink
I use WinPoker on Windows 10. For what it's worth, I use that and also Video Poker for Winners. There is considerable overlap between the products, but each has stuff the other one doesn't. If you're playing video poker for money that's important to you, it makes sense to have both --- and to use them.

Bob
DDB
DDB
  • Threads: 0
September 26th, 2017 at 6:17:20 PM permalink
Is there ever going to be an updated VPW? Perhaps with a QQ trainer?
  • Jump to: