Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5785
March 29th, 2021 at 7:31:48 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Nah, those crazy drunk New Years parade dancers are the mummers.

Itís a medical oddity museum, but that description doesnít do it justice. Search it on google or YouTube and you will see some cool stuff if you are into this type of thing.



The REAL adventures of terapined

I'll have to check it out.
I definitely like seeing anything out of the ordinary
Pretty much what my trip is about
Kind of reminds me of a museum I checked out in I think Oklahoma. The guy collected a lot of unusual including actual nooses. Next to the nooses were news articles of the actual hangings. Gruesome but definitely unique. I took pics but those didn't get a lot of likes on FB lol
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5785
March 29th, 2021 at 8:03:14 PM permalink
The REAL adventures of terapined

The museum with the nooses I saw
J.M. Davis Arms and historical museum
Largest private gun collection on the planet
Claremore OK. Right on the Mother road, route 66
I'm anti gun but you never know
The gun collection was overwhelming
Soon your eyes just glaze over.
But
I was fascinated by the noose collection
I would read the accompanying news story
Sometimes more then a noose. Some he has the bag over the head
Very gruesome
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 313
  • Posts: 6888
March 29th, 2021 at 8:31:12 PM permalink
The REAL adventures of MrV:

I played at my favorite tribal casino recently and by the time I finally stopped playing their Big Wheel game I owned ALL of their chips.

The chief in charge of the tribe didn't like it: he sent some of his braves to grab me and tie me up.

I was covered in honey and strapped to an anthill.

Didn't bother me: my strong atheistic beliefs kept me focused.

I howled at the moon and barked at the sun.

When finally released the chief chopped off my middle fingers with a tomahawk but surprisingly he then offered me a coffee shop comp: I wanted to give him the middle finger but realized he already had it.

The clam chowder was excellent.

I told him in his natrive tribal tongue that he was the son of a dog and the spawn of a leprous whore: he then had me thrown off of a cliff into the Pacific Ocean where my doom was sealed.

That was my end; I have now returned as a ghost, a zephyr, to regale you walking dead with further glorified, magnified tales of my casino derring do.

Up next: my unending winning streak at baccarat and my rude comeuppance at the hands of a crackhead pimp ...
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 428
  • Posts: 24697
March 29th, 2021 at 10:10:50 PM permalink
Quote: MrV


Up next: my unending winning streak at baccarat and my rude comeuppance at the hands of a crackhead pimp ...



You haven't posted in over 2 years. I hope it was something I said.
Gamblers Glen was 10 and 15 years ago, hard to believe you.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
redietz
redietz
Joined: Jun 5, 2019
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 633
March 29th, 2021 at 10:35:00 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

If you are ever around Philadelphia, you need to check out the Mütter Museum.




My friend, Al, loves that museum. Of course, Al also bought a collection of serial killer memorabilia. I have yet to see the museum. I've gotta put it on the list.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 438
March 30th, 2021 at 6:41:03 AM permalink
If you're heading to the Pacific NW I'm guessing you'll want to stop by the Eugene/Springfield area and pay homage to the memory of Ken Kesey and Dead concerts past. The Springfield Creamery, the Kesey family's business, is still there tho the name is now is Nancy's Creamery. Good yogurt as I recall. I also recommend the clam chowder from Mo's but I'm basing this on what they were serving 40 years ago. They have 3 restaurants, all on the coast. The one at Otter Rock has the best view.
Also worth it IMO is driving up the McKenzie River and stopping for a dip at Cougar Hot Springs. If it's late enough in the year that Rt 242 is open over the McKenzie Pass, stopping at the summit on a moonless & cloudless night is a mind-blowing experience. Best night sky you will every see.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5785
March 30th, 2021 at 7:33:55 AM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

If you're heading to the Pacific NW I'm guessing you'll want to stop by the Eugene/Springfield area and pay homage to the memory of Ken Kesey and Dead concerts past. The Springfield Creamery, the Kesey family's business, is still there tho the name is now is Nancy's Creamery. Good yogurt as I recall. I also recommend the clam chowder from Mo's but I'm basing this on what they were serving 40 years ago. They have 3 restaurants, all on the coast. The one at Otter Rock has the best view.
Also worth it IMO is driving up the McKenzie River and stopping for a dip at Cougar Hot Springs. If it's late enough in the year that Rt 242 is open over the McKenzie Pass, stopping at the summit on a moonless & cloudless night is a mind-blowing experience. Best night sky you will every see.



The REAL adventures of terapined
Popped in to check out the other "adventure thread"
Somebody took a nap then a walk. Thats an adventure? Its a thread bump lol
my prediction for the next so called "adventure", play bac and win ROTFL
Talk about predictable.
If you play and know you will win, that's not an adventure. A real adventure is to not know if you will win. To not know what lies ahead

1992. Yea I was having Real adventures back then
Dead were scheduled to play the same field as their 1972 benefit for the Creamery
Jerry got sick, shows canceled
I was an east coast deadhead
Had airline tickets
Went out there anyway to site see
They had a small replacement music festival.
I attended.
Kens bus was there selling his wares
Walked over and introduced myself.
Ken was great, was taken aback on how far I came
Told him I loved cuckoos nest
He signed a copy for me
One of only 2 books in my camper today, the other is deadbase
later i was watching some music
i notice Ken standing next to me
hes smoking a joint thats being passed around
he smiles that big Ken smile and hands me the joint
so yea, met Ken and got high with him.
Went back to Eugene 1993 and 1994 to see the grateful Dead but did not run into Ken those years
Been having REAL adventures my whole life
spent my early years following the Dead around the country having REAL adventures
now im retired and continuing my life long REAL adventures all across this great country
Last edited by: terapined on Mar 30, 2021
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 3813
March 30th, 2021 at 7:56:01 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Thanks
Will keep it in mind
Still trying to get over MD loss yesterday. I thought this team would go farther.



Tough loss, good game. I thought Miller was going to hit that late 3.
NO KILL I
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5785
Thanks for this post from:
Mosca
March 30th, 2021 at 8:12:57 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Tough loss, good game. I thought Miller was going to hit that late 3.


They got out coached
Brenda may have won a lot of coach of the year awards but she was out coached this game
TX coach did a superb job in slowing down the game.
The loss sucks but overall it was a very fun season.
I not thrilled we got upset but thrilled that there have been quite a few other upsets on the Womens side. That's needed. To few programs dominating the sport.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 438
March 30th, 2021 at 8:35:48 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

1992. Yea I was having Real adventures back then
Dead were scheduled to play the same field as their 1972 benefit for the Creamery
Jerry got sick, shows canceled
I was an east coast deadhead
Had airline tickets
Went out there anyway to site see
They had a small replacement music festival.
I attended.
Kens bus was there selling his wares
Walked over and introduced myself.
Ken was great, was taken aback on how far I came
Told him I loved cuckoos nest
He signed a copy for me
One of only 2 books in my camper today, the other is deadbase
later i was watching some music
i notice Ken standing next to me
hes smoking a joint thats being passed around
he smiles that big Ken smile and hands me the joint
so yea, met Ken and got high with him.
Went back to Eugene 1993 and 1994 to see the grateful Dead but did not run into Ken those years
Been having REAL adventures my whole life
spent my early years following the Dead around the country having REAL adventures
now im retired and continuing my life long REAL adventures all across this great country


I moved to Eugene in 1974 so I missed the 72 concert. First time I heard the Dead play was in 1973 at Watkins Glen. I went because I was a big fan of both the Allman Bros. and The Band. The Dead turned out to be a big unexpected treat.

After I moved to West Coast I hit Dead concerts up and down the Coast. Eventually I settled in Palo Alto. The best venue EVER to hear them was when they would play the Amphitheater at Stanford. From time to time they would show up with their individual bands to play at the Keystone, a local club. I was there one night, standing at the bar listening to Bob Weir's band when i realized the guy standing next to me was Bill Walton. That guy has to go down in the Guinness Book of Records as the Biggest Dead Head in history.
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.

  • Jump to: