Thread Rating:

Poll

9 votes (42.85%)
No votes (0%)
8 votes (38.09%)
3 votes (14.28%)
3 votes (14.28%)
4 votes (19.04%)
1 vote (4.76%)
1 vote (4.76%)
5 votes (23.8%)
1 vote (4.76%)

21 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
October 13th, 2022 at 12:55:42 PM permalink
I have an unconfirmed report the Fortune pai gow poker jackpot at Harrah's (Las Vegas) is at $3.5 million. I hear the minimum for the base bet is $25 and the side bet is a flat $5. There are various versions of the pay table, for but now I'll assume the one below.

EVENT PAYS COMBINATIONS PROBABILITY RETURN
Seven-card straight flush $3,500,000 228 0.000001 5.177008
Five aces $350,000 1128 0.000007 2.561257
Royal flush $500 26092 0.000169 0.084636
Straight flush $100 184644 0.001198 0.119787
Four of a kind $75 307472 0.001995 0.149604
Full house $4 4188528 0.027173 0.108692
Loser $0 149434988 0.969456 0.000000
Total $0 154143080 1.000000 8.200984


The lower right cell shows the expected return from a $5 bet is $8.20. Not bad. That is a win of $3.20.

However, I show the expected loss on the base game is $0.68. Here I'm assuming a 2.72% house edge, based on a 5% commission and the dealer banking.

So, an expected win per hand of $3.20 - $0.68 = $2.52 per hand.

Of course, this is before taxes on the jackpot.

Remember, none of this is confirmed, yet.

The question for the poll is would you play with said jackpot? Multiple votes allowed.

Update: The pay table above is incorrect. It is corrected later in this tread.
Last edited by: Wizard on Oct 18, 2022
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6565
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
October 13th, 2022 at 1:27:28 PM permalink
Harrahís, PH, Caesars, Flamingo, and Rio should all be linked to the same progressive jackpot. At least they used to be.

As for playing it. Iím a no.

I hit the 7 card straight flush in June 2020 at Flamingo and wasnít playing it the progressive. People acted like I should have gone and jumped off the roof or something. I told them had I been betting $5 on that spot each hand, I would have lost my measly $100 buy in and left the table LONG BEFORE I got the hand.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11084
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
October 13th, 2022 at 2:15:40 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I have an unconfirmed report the Fortune pai gow poker jackpot at Harrah's (Las Vegas) is at $3.5 million. I hear the minimum for the base bet is $25 and the side bet is a flat $5. There are various versions of the pay table, for but now I'll assume the one below.

EVENT PAYS COMBINATIONS PROBABILITY RETURN
Seven-card straight flush $3,500,000 228 0.000001 5.177008
Five aces $350,000 1128 0.000007 2.561257
Royal flush $500 26092 0.000169 0.084636
Straight flush $100 184644 0.001198 0.119787
Four of a kind $75 307472 0.001995 0.149604
Full house $4 4188528 0.027173 0.108692
Loser $0 149434988 0.969456 0.000000
Total $0 154143080 1.000000 8.200984


The lower right cell shows the expected return from a $5 bet is $8.20. Not bad. That is a win of $3.20.

However, I show the expected loss on the base game is $0.68. Here I'm assuming a 2.72% house edge, based on a 5% commission and the dealer banking.

So, an expected win per hand of $3.20 - $0.68 = $2.52 per hand.

Of course, this is before taxes on the jackpot.

Remember, none of this is confirmed, yet.

The question for the poll is would you play with said jackpot? Multiple votes allowed.
link to original post



Assume $1k bankroll. What is your risk of ruin before hitting the bankroll? Gotta be over 99%?

At least the jackpot is life changing money for the majority of us. I donít think Iíd play it. If it gets to $3.6 million by next week maybe Iíll change my mind.
Deucekies
Deucekies
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1444
Joined: Jan 20, 2014
October 14th, 2022 at 12:49:01 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I have an unconfirmed report the Fortune pai gow poker jackpot at Harrah's (Las Vegas) is at $3.5 million. I hear the minimum for the base bet is $25 and the side bet is a flat $5. There are various versions of the pay table, for but now I'll assume the one below.



My understanding is they have the three-tier jackpot, with separate jackpots for Seven-Card, Five Aces, and Royal Flush.
Casinos are not your friends, they want your money. But so does Disneyland. And there is no chance in hell that you will go to Disneyland and come back with more money than you went with. - AxelWolf and Mickeycrimm
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
miplet
October 18th, 2022 at 2:15:44 PM permalink
I went down to the Strip today to investigate this, as I love to deliver an advantage play on a silver platter as much as I can.



Here are the facts.

This opportunity is on Face Up Pai Gow Poker.

I can confirm it is at Caesars, Cromwell, Linq, Flamingo and Harrah's. I did not check the properties south of Flamingo or the Rio.

The base bet required was $15 or $25 at all properties except Caesars, where it was $50 and $100.

Here is my analysis of just the $5 progressive bet. This is based on the jackpots about 11AM on Oct 18, 2022.

EVENT PAYS COMBINATIONS PROBABILITY RETURN
Seven-card straight flush $3,832,836 228 0.000001 5.669322
Five aces $155,924 1128 0.000007 1.141036
Royal flush $3,595 26092 0.000169 0.608458
Straight flush $500 184644 0.001198 0.598937
Four of a kind $375 307472 0.001995 0.748019
Full house $20 4188528 0.027173 0.543460
Loser $0 149434988 0.969456 0.000000
Total 154143080 1.000000 9.309231


The lower right cell shows the expected "win" is $9.31. However, wins are on a "for one" basis. After deducting for the $5 bet, the expected profit is $4.31 per hand.

The house edge on the base game is 1.81%.

The following table shows the overall expected player win per hand at various minimum bets on the base bet. The house edge column is relative to the sum of both bets.

Base bet Value per hand Player advantage
$15 $4.04 20.19%
$25 $3.86 12.86%
$50 $3.41 6.19%
$100 $2.50 2.38%


An expected win of $4.04 per hand ain't bad. Assuming 30 hands per hour, that's an expected win per hour of $121.20.

I leave it to the reader to make adjustments for taxes.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11084
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
October 18th, 2022 at 3:18:39 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I went down to the Strip today to investigate this, as I love to deliver an advantage play on a silver platter as much as I can.



Here are the facts.

This opportunity is on Face Up Pai Gow Poker.

I can confirm it is at Caesars, Cromwell, Linq, Flamingo and Harrah's. I did not check the properties south of Flamingo or the Rio.

The base bet required was $15 or $25 at all properties except Caesars, where it was $50 and $100.

Here is my analysis of just the $5 progressive bet. This is based on the jackpots about 11AM on Oct 18, 2022.

EVENT PAYS COMBINATIONS PROBABILITY RETURN
Seven-card straight flush $3,832,836 228 0.000001 5.669322
Five aces $155,924 1128 0.000007 1.141036
Royal flush $3,595 26092 0.000169 0.608458
Straight flush $500 184644 0.001198 0.598937
Four of a kind $375 307472 0.001995 0.748019
Full house $20 4188528 0.027173 0.543460
Loser $0 149434988 0.969456 0.000000
Total 154143080 1.000000 9.309231


The lower right cell shows the expected "win" is $9.31. However, wins are on a "for one" basis. After deducting for the $5 bet, the expected profit is $4.31 per hand.

The house edge on the base game is 1.81%.

The following table shows the overall expected player win per hand at various minimum bets on the base bet. The house edge column is relative to the sum of both bets.

Base bet Value per hand Player advantage
$15 $4.04 20.19%
$25 $3.86 12.86%
$50 $3.41 6.19%
$100 $2.50 2.38%


An expected win of $4.04 per hand ain't bad. Assuming 30 hands per hour, that's an expected win per hour of $121.20.

I leave it to the reader to make adjustments for taxes.
link to original post



What would Kelly say? If I have a $1000 bankroll, is it playable? $10,000? Assume the $15 base bet.
Wiggins
Wiggins
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 78
Joined: Mar 26, 2015
October 18th, 2022 at 3:38:53 PM permalink
I have encountered casinos that will not let you play the progressive jackpot unless you also play the fortune bonus. Can anyone confirm Caesars policy?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
Dieter
October 18th, 2022 at 3:45:39 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO


What would Kelly say? If I have a $1000 bankroll, is it playable? $10,000? Assume the $15 base bet.
link to original post



Looking at just the progressive jackpot bet, the optimal Kelly wager is 0.00000212 * bankroll.

So, if you had a $10,000 bankroll, you should bet 2 cents on the progressive, assuming you could.

To justify the $5 progressive bet, you would need a bankroll north of $2,353,598.25.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11084
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
October 18th, 2022 at 4:18:07 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Quote: SOOPOO


What would Kelly say? If I have a $1000 bankroll, is it playable? $10,000? Assume the $15 base bet.
link to original post



Looking at just the progressive jackpot bet, the optimal Kelly wager is 0.00000212 * bankroll.

So, if you had a $10,000 bankroll, you should bet 2 cents on the progressive, assuming you could.

To justify the $5 progressive bet, you would need a bankroll north of $2,353,598.25.
link to original post



Thank you. I figured as much. Just a reminder that because an opportunity is +EV it does not mean it should be played.

My friend Andy texted me moments ago saying he hit a Royal playing it paying $500 for a $1 bet. Sounds like a different casino which has the dollar bet on the flashing circle.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
October 18th, 2022 at 4:38:50 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

My friend Andy texted me moments ago saying he hit a Royal playing it paying $500 for a $1 bet. Sounds like a different casino which has the dollar bet on the flashing circle.
link to original post



Drinks are on Andy!

A bit off topic, but I calculate the expected time for the jackpot to hit is 31 days.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
  • Posts: 1707
Joined: Oct 20, 2013
October 18th, 2022 at 5:21:58 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: Wizard

Quote: SOOPOO


What would Kelly say? If I have a $1000 bankroll, is it playable? $10,000? Assume the $15 base bet.
link to original post



Looking at just the progressive jackpot bet, the optimal Kelly wager is 0.00000212 * bankroll.

So, if you had a $10,000 bankroll, you should bet 2 cents on the progressive, assuming you could.

To justify the $5 progressive bet, you would need a bankroll north of $2,353,598.25.
link to original post



Thank you. I figured as much. Just a reminder that because an opportunity is +EV it does not mean it should be played.

My friend Andy texted me moments ago saying he hit a Royal playing it paying $500 for a $1 bet. Sounds like a different casino which has the dollar bet on the flashing circle.
link to original post


I wouldn't go out of my way to play it, even with more than the "minimum estimated required bank-roll*** " .

***: Depending on their RoR "tolerances", this will be different person to person, but I would want at least $2 million and preferably $4.5 million as my bank-roll, if I wanted to play it seriously.

But I would still play it "for fun" if I happened to be at that casino, to try and "fluke it".

----
Update:
I voted, "No - hourly too low" and "... Too volatile" .
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 194
Joined: May 28, 2022
October 19th, 2022 at 4:27:12 AM permalink
Anyone able to see what it is at today? I will never have a chance to get out there and play for it but it would be cool to see how high it gets.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
October 19th, 2022 at 1:17:59 PM permalink
In other news, I looked at the Kelly question in more depth. I now find this is a good Kelly bet with a bankroll of $500,000 at a $15 base bet and $600,000 if the base bet is $25.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
  • Posts: 1707
Joined: Oct 20, 2013
October 19th, 2022 at 3:01:09 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

In other news, I looked at the Kelly question in more depth. I now find this is a good Kelly bet with a bankroll of $500,000 at a $15 base bet and $600,000 if the base bet is $25.
link to original post


That may be the correct "Kelly bet sizing", but I have been using the "expected drop" before hitting the "7-card SF" to work out a rough chance of "busting out" / RoR for each bank-roll (because I am not skilled/ good enough to use any other method, at the moment).

Note: This is just based on the $5 progressive (I haven't taken into account the base game, so the bank would need to be even higher).

Anyway, below are my "expected drop method - busting out" figures (I was using 27.2% as the expected drop figure, even though that is not the exact figure).

$500,000 bank: ~58.05% chance of not hitting the 7-card SF, before "busting out".
$1,000,000: ~33.70% chance ...
$2,000,000: ~11.35% chance...
$4,500,000: ~ 2/267 chance ...

----
Edit:

According to an online calculator that I used, the standard deviation is ~936.17 (is that correct*** ?).
***: Even if that SD figure is correct, I am also not skilled / knowledgeable enough to be able to use that info, anyway.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 2969
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
October 20th, 2022 at 8:13:13 AM permalink
Since there's only the one jackpot up for grabs, shouldn't the number of other players vying for the exact same prize also be factored in? Would it not be like bingo where you're better off playing in a half empty hall as opposed to one filled to the rafters with competing players? Or do these calculations merely reflect the best RoR you can expect at the exact moment you place the bet?
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11084
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
October 20th, 2022 at 8:18:35 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Since there's only the one jackpot up for grabs, shouldn't the number of other players vying for the exact same prize also be factored in? Would it not be like bingo where you're better off playing in a half empty hall as opposed to one filled to the rafters with competing players? Or do these calculations merely reflect the best RoR you can expect at the exact moment you place the bet?
link to original post

. Your last sentence sums it up. As long as you stop playing the moment the jackpot is hit, in actuality, your EV goes up minute by minute, as the jackpot goes up minute by minute.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 7532
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
October 20th, 2022 at 8:29:50 AM permalink
I suppose I should learn how to play PaiGow poker. Quickly. And head over to Harrah's Vegas (I don't think I have ever stepped foot inside it, actually), with ten large and get busy.

What exactly should I do? Play the minimum each hand? or ...?

Edit: I just read Wizard's post. $500K bankroll needed for minimum? So I have to open a new credit line at crappy Harrah's?
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
October 20th, 2022 at 8:54:59 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Edit: I just read Wizard's post. $500K bankroll needed for minimum? So I have to open a new credit line at crappy Harrah's?
link to original post



$500K is not what you need for the bet to make mathematical sense if your goal is to grow your bankroll as fast as possible. However, if you do badly and fall below that $500K, you should quit playing it. I don't want to get into a whole lecture on Kelly Criterion.

I figure, on average, you can expect to lose $1.1 million before winning the jackpot (assuming nobody else hits it first). That, I think, is a better measure of the bankroll you'll need. Even with that, there is a 1/e (36.8%) chance of not hitting the jackpot before you lose the $1.1 million
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 7532
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
October 20th, 2022 at 8:56:14 AM permalink
Of course only one person hits the jackpot.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
October 20th, 2022 at 8:58:17 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Since there's only the one jackpot up for grabs, shouldn't the number of other players vying for the exact same prize also be factored in? Would it not be like bingo where you're better off playing in a half empty hall as opposed to one filled to the rafters with competing players? Or do these calculations merely reflect the best RoR you can expect at the exact moment you place the bet?
link to original post



The jackpot is won if the player hand is a seven-card straight flush. Thus, jackpot sharing is not an issue. The number of competing players is also not an issue in terms of the value of an individual bet.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 2969
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
October 20th, 2022 at 10:08:09 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

So I have to open a new credit line at crappy Harrah's?
link to original post


Heh. You have a point but, to be fair to Harrah's, they also spread Pai Gow Tiles making them okay in my book.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
October 20th, 2022 at 2:48:24 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

You have a point but, to be fair to Harrah's, they also spread Pai Gow Tiles making them okay in my book.
link to original post



When I went there to investigate the Mega jackpot, I noticed they seemed to have removed their tile game, unfortunately. Speaking of which, it's also gone at both the Venetian and Palazzo, although maybe that's old news.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 194
Joined: May 28, 2022
October 21st, 2022 at 5:58:35 AM permalink
I know that mathematically, it is POSSIBLE for more than one player to have a 7 card Straight Flush in a given hand. What are the odds of that happening though? And also just a hypothetical, how much would it suck to be the second person in a hand to have the 7 Card Straight Flush since they don't chop the pot?
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
October 21st, 2022 at 4:44:24 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Quote: Gialmere

You have a point but, to be fair to Harrah's, they also spread Pai Gow Tiles making them okay in my book.
link to original post



When I went there to investigate the Mega jackpot, I noticed they seemed to have removed their tile game, unfortunately. Speaking of which, it's also gone at both the Venetian and Palazzo, although maybe that's old news.
link to original post



No tiles at Harrahs???? Is there anywhere else on the strip I can play for $25?

Also, I will be there in 4 weeks. Are you saying itís about 50/50 itís hit by then?

Will someone update this thread if itís hit? Iíll probably hear about it somewhere else but you never know.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
FinsRule
October 21st, 2022 at 4:57:11 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

No tiles at Harrahs???? Is there anywhere else on the strip I can play for $25?
link to original post



That's what I'm saying. I just learned today there is no tiles at the Rio either. At the Palace Station there were two tables open on a Friday afternoon at $25 and $50 minimums.

The Mega jackpot at 1:47 PM on 10/21 was $3,922,619. That means it is going up just under $30,000 a day.

I can confirm the Rio is linked to the same progressive.

Last edited by: Wizard on Oct 21, 2022
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
xpwnx5
xpwnx5
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 26, 2022
October 26th, 2022 at 6:32:56 PM permalink
My Goodness, its up to 4.05M spent 2k trying to hit a progressive million this weekend with the lady! hit two straight flushes and quads, One Card off a Royal, and One card off the 7 card Straight flush. the attempt was there, went home broke, still want to go try again!

Played at all ceasars properties not including the palace or PH

min bets were $25 with$5 progressive at the following: Flamingo-Linq-Harrahs-Cromwell-Paris

min bets were $50 with $5 progressive at Bally's and Ceasars Palace (word of mouth)

no more 15 bets after the 4M mark!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11084
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
October 26th, 2022 at 8:13:00 PM permalink
Quote: xpwnx5

My Goodness, its up to 4.05M spent 2k trying to hit a progressive million this weekend with the lady! hit two straight flushes and quads, One Card off a Royal, and One card off the 7 card Straight flush. the attempt was there, went home broke, still want to go try again!

Played at all ceasars properties not including the palace or PH

min bets were $25 with$5 progressive at the following: Flamingo-Linq-Harrahs-Cromwell-Paris

min bets were $50 with $5 progressive at Bally's and Ceasars Palace (word of mouth)

no more 15 bets after the 4M mark!
link to original post



Welcome to the forum. Two SFís, one quads, and still home broke! But good try. Must have run pretty badly otherwise.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
November 4th, 2022 at 11:09:31 AM permalink
Two weeks until my trip. Any update on whether this progressive is still around?
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 652
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
November 4th, 2022 at 1:05:54 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Two weeks until my trip. Any update on whether this progressive is still around?
link to original post


It was at $3.9 million a week ago. Hopefully youíll get a more recent update. I played a few hands at Harrahís. Felt kind of foolish like buying a bunch of $5 lotto tickets.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
November 16th, 2022 at 4:27:40 PM permalink
I did a hike with a Caesars dealer today. She said as of a few days ago the big progressive has not been hit and is over $4.2 million.

I plan to get an exact update on Friday.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
November 16th, 2022 at 4:54:55 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I did a hike with a Caesars dealer today. She said as of a few days ago the big progressive has not been hit and is over $4.2 million.

I plan to get an exact update on Friday.
link to original post



Thank you! I will be in town Saturday. Iím a little nervous it might be tough to get a seat.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6565
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
Thanked by
FinsRule
November 16th, 2022 at 5:27:00 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Quote: Wizard

I did a hike with a Caesars dealer today. She said as of a few days ago the big progressive has not been hit and is over $4.2 million.

I plan to get an exact update on Friday.
link to original post



Thank you! I will be in town Saturday. Iím a little nervous it might be tough to get a seat.
link to original post



Try Harrahís. They usually seem to have the most Pai Gow tables.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Wiggins
Wiggins
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 78
Joined: Mar 26, 2015
Thanked by
FinsRule
November 16th, 2022 at 7:43:47 PM permalink
I was in town a couple weeks ago. Planet Hollywood and Paris both had a bunch of $25 tables
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
November 19th, 2022 at 5:46:31 AM permalink


Here are the jackpots as of about 5:00 PM Nov 18.

I played at a $25 table at Harrah's. I easily found a table with a single spot available. I was told somebody got a seven-card straight flush recently at the Flamingo, but didn't make the side bet.

Based on the rate of increase since this post, the jackpot is increasing $29,758 a day, but let's just call it $30,000. So, it should hit $5 million on Nov 27.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 194
Joined: May 28, 2022
November 19th, 2022 at 7:52:23 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard


I was told somebody got a seven-card straight flush recently at the Flamingo, but didn't make the side bet.
link to original post



I wonder how the table reacted. Must have sucked to see that and know you missed your chance at the big pot.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6565
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
November 19th, 2022 at 11:03:30 AM permalink
Quote: AitchTheLetter

Quote: Wizard


I was told somebody got a seven-card straight flush recently at the Flamingo, but didn't make the side bet.
link to original post



I wonder how the table reacted. Must have sucked to see that and know you missed your chance at the big pot.
link to original post



Iím not sure how it is right now because the pot is so high, but in my experience most players do not play the $5 progressive bet at Caesars properties.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
November 19th, 2022 at 12:49:28 PM permalink
Iím about to takeoff on my flight right now. Hopefully Iíll hit the progressive some time tonight.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Thanked by
Dieter
November 19th, 2022 at 5:17:27 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Iím about to takeoff on my flight right now. Hopefully Iíll hit the progressive some time tonight.
link to original post



May the odds be ever in your favor.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 4918
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
November 19th, 2022 at 7:44:56 PM permalink
That 5 Aces Major JP seems enticing. What are the chances of hitting that one? I'll assume hitting the Minor JP for anything over $1500 is taxable on a $5 bet.

I've never bothered with this game or even know anything about it, so I'll watch this video to see if I can learn some basics.
PAI GOW POKER!!! OMG QUADS ON THE MAX BET!! CRAZY SESSION!! - All Casino Action - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySfhYvbCzI
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 3917
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Thanked by
ams288
November 21st, 2022 at 12:52:32 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

That 5 Aces Major JP seems enticing. What are the chances of hitting that one? I'll assume hitting the Minor JP for anything over $1500 is taxable on a $5 bet.

I've never bothered with this game or even know anything about it, so I'll watch this video to see if I can learn some basics.
PAI GOW POKER!!! OMG QUADS ON THE MAX BET!! CRAZY SESSION!! - All Casino Action - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySfhYvbCzI
link to original post



It was hit three hours ago at Linq for about 115K. He took taxes out right away and I think it was about 87K.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 16th, 2022 at 2:23:47 PM permalink
I finally got an update on the jackpot. As of Dec 16, 2022, here are the jackpot amounts:

Seven-card straight flush: $5,626,390.50
Five aces: $25,955.61
Royal flush: $3,257.75

By itself, the progressive has an expected return of $10.95. Deducting the $5 bet amount, the expected net win per hand is $5.95. That amounts to a 119% player advantage!

Here is the overall player advantage by bet amount in the base game:

$15: 28.41%
$25: 18.34%
$50: 9.18%
$100: 3.95%

Keep in mind that of the $10.95 expected win on the side bet, $8.32 is from the Mega jackpot. Assuming you don't hit it, you can expect to lose $2.37 per hand on it.

The jackpot is going up about $32,300 per day.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 118
  • Posts: 4918
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
December 16th, 2022 at 2:42:57 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Quote: ChumpChange

That 5 Aces Major JP seems enticing. What are the chances of hitting that one? I'll assume hitting the Minor JP for anything over $1500 is taxable on a $5 bet.

I've never bothered with this game or even know anything about it, so I'll watch this video to see if I can learn some basics.
PAI GOW POKER!!! OMG QUADS ON THE MAX BET!! CRAZY SESSION!! - All Casino Action - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySfhYvbCzI
link to original post



It was hit three hours ago at Linq for about 115K. He took taxes out right away and I think it was about 87K.
link to original post



It's that 24% tax withholding on jackpots over $5,000.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 17th, 2022 at 2:14:10 PM permalink


Here is a picture of the sign, taken Dec 16, 2022.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6565
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
December 17th, 2022 at 2:29:34 PM permalink
Are they jacking up the table minimums?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 17th, 2022 at 4:29:20 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Are they jacking up the table minimums?
link to original post



I don't know. I'd be interested to hear an update on that and seat availability.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1602
Joined: Sep 24, 2011
December 17th, 2022 at 5:43:44 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard



Here is a picture of the sign, taken Dec 16, 2022.
link to original post


Are any of you concerned about the "$50,000 MAXIMUM AGGREGATE PER PLAYER" verbiage on the sign?

Dog Hand
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11084
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
December 17th, 2022 at 5:57:12 PM permalink
Quote: DogHand

Quote: Wizard



Here is a picture of the sign, taken Dec 16, 2022.
link to original post


Are any of you concerned about the "$50,000 MAXIMUM AGGREGATE PER PLAYER" verbiage on the sign?

Dog Hand
link to original post



Yikes! I think deserves a formal ĎWizardí investigation!
Deucekies
Deucekies
  • Threads: 58
  • Posts: 1444
Joined: Jan 20, 2014
December 17th, 2022 at 7:45:41 PM permalink
Quote: DogHand

Quote: Wizard



Here is a picture of the sign, taken Dec 16, 2022.
link to original post


Are any of you concerned about the "$50,000 MAXIMUM AGGREGATE PER PLAYER" verbiage on the sign?

Dog Hand
link to original post



That's nothing new in Vegas. The aggregate does not apply to the progressive.
Casinos are not your friends, they want your money. But so does Disneyland. And there is no chance in hell that you will go to Disneyland and come back with more money than you went with. - AxelWolf and Mickeycrimm
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 17th, 2022 at 8:12:06 PM permalink
Quote: DogHand

Are any of you concerned about the "$50,000 MAXIMUM AGGREGATE PER PLAYER" verbiage on the sign?
link to original post



Good catch. That's normally not on a single bet size wager like this. I think it's inclusion is a holdover from some other side bet sign. If a casino invoked that to avoid paying the Mega jackpot, it would not be good and I think they would lose if it went to Gaming.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
calwatch
calwatch
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 244
Joined: Feb 7, 2010
December 17th, 2022 at 10:05:13 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Quote: ams288

Are they jacking up the table minimums?
link to original post



I don't know. I'd be interested to hear an update on that and seat availability.
link to original post



There are some people chasing it on the VMB and they are reporting minimum $25 at the low end CET casinos and $50 at the high end. So maybe one notch greater than normal.
  • Jump to: