Thread Rating:

gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
August 20th, 2013 at 11:02:53 AM permalink
Sshhhh......listen for it..... If you learn how to "listen" and you take the time to await it, most shoes will "talk to you", telling you loudly and clearly (the louder and the clearer, the better) where to place your money. Not the entire shoe, necessarily, but most certainly, portions thereof. Sshhh....listen for it.....

You need the patience and the discipline to be a major part of your game. Bet only when that portion of the shoe is "talking" to you.

Flat bet most of the time. You are not in a race. Flat bet those trends that appear to be prominent in this shoe. Do not use "I lost my last bet" as an excuse to bet higher and higher. In fact, much preferable to await a "virtual win" (read: on-paper win) before resuming betting than it is to raise your bets into a potential "losing jag". Again, it's not a race to the finish. The ability to await the correct table conditions BEFORE placing their bets is ALL that separates the professionals from the amateurs in this game. Believe that.

And play a unit size that "matters"....large enough so that a one unit win...nay...a half unit...is STILL money. That doesn't mean you should go outside your own personal "comfort zone"; do not do that, for then you'll be too hesitant to place your bets. Stay within your comfort zone, but play a unit size that matters to you, so that a win....any win....will be somewhat worthwhile.

Lastly, you will need to raise your bets at some point, as way of efficient recoup. Here's how I do it:

I track my favorite, preferred trends. I keep a running tally of their respective results. If any single trend ever dips below its median, I'll adjust my bet size upward based upon the percentage of that dip, and I'll maintain that higher size until full recoup on that single trend. Absolute gold; because I know my variance statistics very well. As an example, there's one trend that I play that averages, in its downswing, just under 4-below median. Fine. Armed with that stat, whenever that trend takes that particular -4 dip, I'll adjust my unit size a bit upward for that trend only, and thereby expedite recoup. And, make no mistake of it, my friends, when you expedite recoup, the remainder simply becomes "pure profit". Know that. In fact, that's so important that it bears repeating:

We all, at some time or another, suffer through our downswings/downturns/variance dips; make no mistake of it, there's no place to hide. BUUUUTTT, when we learn to effectively recoup those tougher periods, when we are best armed to battle through those adversities, WHEN WE HAVE A PROVEN PLAN FOR THOSE DOWNTURNS.....we, effectively, are left with only profitability. That is the very purpose of my variance play. To know the very best times to adjust my unit sizes.

(It bears noting: It works in reverse, as well. I'll adjust my unit size downward if a certain trend is "over-performing", knowing that the impending downturn is just around the corner. May as well limit the bankroll damages when the inevitable occurs....)

Doesn't mean we can't lose. But it does mean that our losses are measured. And so are our responses to them.

And then it's but a short skip and a step to long term success.

And, as always, I wish it for all of you.
OntheButton
OntheButton
  • Threads: 0
August 20th, 2013 at 11:13:09 AM permalink
what are you talking about?
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
August 20th, 2013 at 11:29:49 AM permalink
Quote: gr8player

Sshhhh......listen for it..... If you learn how to "listen" and you take the time to await it, most shoes will "talk to you", telling you loudly and clearly (the louder and the clearer, the better) where to place your money. Not the entire shoe, necessarily, but most certainly, portions thereof. Sshhh....listen for it.....

You need the patience and the discipline to be a major part of your game. Bet only when that portion of the shoe is "talking" to you.

Flat bet most of the time. You are not in a race. Flat bet those trends that appear to be prominent in this shoe. Do not use "I lost my last bet" as an excuse to bet higher and higher. In fact, much preferable to await a "virtual win" (read: on-paper win) before resuming betting than it is to raise your bets into a potential "losing jag". Again, it's not a race to the finish. The ability to await the correct table conditions BEFORE placing their bets is ALL that separates the professionals from the amateurs in this game. Believe that.

And play a unit size that "matters"....large enough so that a one unit win...nay...a half unit...is STILL money. That doesn't mean you should go outside your own personal "comfort zone"; do not do that, for then you'll be too hesitant to place your bets. Stay within your comfort zone, but play a unit size that matters to you, so that a win....any win....will be somewhat worthwhile.

Lastly, you will need to raise your bets at some point, as way of efficient recoup. Here's how I do it:

I track my favorite, preferred trends. I keep a running tally of their respective results. If any single trend ever dips below its median, I'll adjust my bet size upward based upon the percentage of that dip, and I'll maintain that higher size until full recoup on that single trend. Absolute gold; because I know my variance statistics very well. As an example, there's one trend that I play that averages, in its downswing, just under 4-below median. Fine. Armed with that stat, whenever that trend takes that particular -4 dip, I'll adjust my unit size a bit upward for that trend only, and thereby expedite recoup. And, make no mistake of it, my friends, when you expedite recoup, the remainder simply becomes "pure profit". Know that. In fact, that's so important that it bears repeating:

We all, at some time or another, suffer through our downswings/downturns/variance dips; make no mistake of it, there's no place to hide. BUUUUTTT, when we learn to effectively recoup those tougher periods, when we are best armed to battle through those adversities, WHEN WE HAVE A PROVEN PLAN FOR THOSE DOWNTURNS.....we, effectively, are left with only profitability. That is the very purpose of my variance play. To know the very best times to adjust my unit sizes.

(It bears noting: It works in reverse, as well. I'll adjust my unit size downward if a certain trend is "over-performing", knowing that the impending downturn is just around the corner. May as well limit the bankroll damages when the inevitable occurs....)

Doesn't mean we can't lose. But it does mean that our losses are measured. And so are our responses to them.

And then it's but a short skip and a step to long term success.

And, as always, I wish it for all of you.

chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
August 20th, 2013 at 11:51:56 AM permalink
I am on tenterhooks waiting on 9th to pose THE CHALLENGE...
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
August 20th, 2013 at 11:54:35 AM permalink
Quote: OntheButton

LOL! Exactly right. What the hell is he talking about. 300
words about nothing, its like Chinese water torture..

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
August 20th, 2013 at 12:13:26 PM permalink
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
August 20th, 2013 at 12:43:58 PM permalink
Wow.

Looking at these inane responses, I simply cannot conjure up anything more than that rather terse non-reaction.

Wow.

I'd have thought there to be much more comprehensive intelligence in this forum than there apparently is......

Yet again, just....wow.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
August 20th, 2013 at 1:16:08 PM permalink
The shoe whispers to you! It says; "You are so screwed!"
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
August 20th, 2013 at 1:20:30 PM permalink
Quote: OntheButton

I think it's a demonstration that men know nothing about shoes.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
August 20th, 2013 at 1:20:56 PM permalink
Quote: gr8player

I'd have thought there to be much more comprehensive intelligence in this forum than there apparently is......

Yet again, just....wow.

You thought wrong. Find a smarter forum. Off you go, then..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: