Thread Rating:

gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
March 12th, 2013 at 3:03:06 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" And....dare I say it 'round here?....potentially profitable. "

You can say it, but only expect the mentally challenged to agree with you.

Buzzard, and any other esteemed forum members with interest, please know that it matters not to me whether you do or do not agree with my line of thinking.

That said, I'm not sure that it's fair to classify those that would prefer to hear more about my take on this game as "mentally challenged". I may or may not be as intelligent as you are, Buzzard, but I am smart enough to know I'd need to know much more about you before I'd dare to classify you mistakenly. You see, my friend, much like my trending a shoe, I prefer to see some evidence of something before I proceed to pass judgement.

You might try the same.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
March 12th, 2013 at 5:10:57 PM permalink
Baccarat players typically do try and find "trends" in the shoe and I don't see anything right or wrong with that. I have found myself looking at the display to see what "patterns" may be present. I know that mathematically it doesn't make a difference, but it is still part of the entertainment value of the game and I say "To each his own" when it comes to how someone wants to bet, particularly when the behavior or decision doesn't go against optimum strategy.

I have seen those on the dice table go to the "Don't" side when playing because they feel like the dice are "cold" or some shooter never makes a point, etc. How is that any different than tracking perceived patterns in baccarat?

I would like to believe that those that look for trends in baccarat shoes might be able to watch for trends in dice as well. That is a big part of the hurdle that needs to be overcome if my dice based Baccarat concept could work. See this thread for the discussion on that: Dice Baccarat

Many have said that dice in place of the first two cards of each hand in baccarat won't work and they may be right. Would sure like to have more true baccarat enthusiasts like gr8player post on that thread and let me know their thoughts.

I didn't appreciate baccarat 2 years ago. It was a game without strategic decisions during the hand and seemed boring. But having watched it a lot and played some, I can see how players grow to like the game. Particularly with a full table and lots of money on either side......when both hands draw a third card to determine the final hand result, it can be pretty exciting. It has a community aspect to it for the majority of players that bet on one side. The game can be fun and certainly is growing in popularity in the US.

The Forum can learn a lot about how baccarat players think and play by listening to players that really enjoy the game. I recall the posts that Heather used to make and others that are the Forum's "window into the world of baccarat".

So let them tell us about the game and the culture surrounding the game without jumping on them for what the math might perceive as irrelevant and not provable. Sometimes there is more to the business of gambling than simply knowing the math.....sometimes it is just as important to learn about the players and what motivates them to keep coming back to play.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
March 12th, 2013 at 5:17:20 PM permalink
" Your sophomoric approach to handicapping horses is comical."

Now that I take offense with. As for trending and dice setting and other fallacies, put your money where your mouth is ?

Otherwise keep your deluded thoughts to yourself.

Gambling is gambling, saying you can beat the house edge by "TRENDING" is pure unadulterated bullshit.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
March 12th, 2013 at 5:54:43 PM permalink
your drinking started a little early today, right Buzzard?
Each day is better than the next
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
March 12th, 2013 at 6:48:58 PM permalink
I will never be drunk enough to believe in trending.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
gr8player
gr8player
March 13th, 2013 at 9:24:17 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Gambling is gambling, saying you can beat the house edge by "TRENDING" is pure unadulterated bullshit.

Buzzard, you appear to me as rather narrow-minded. No one is saying that any trending bet selection process, in and of itself, will "beat the house edge". Trending and bet selection is but a piece of the puzzle; a puzzle that cannot be solved without other just-as-important considerations.

Look at it this way, if you will, Buzzard:

Let's use the common brick for this example. One can build a house with a brick. But not with the brick alone. Alot more materials are needed to complete a house.

I trend. Trending is an important part of my play. But I need alot more than just trending to "beat the house edge" (read: win consistently).

Try looking at the big picture rather than simply poo-pooing all that you don't understand....or, worse, that you simply refuse to understand.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
March 13th, 2013 at 9:38:15 AM permalink
Remember, Buzzard, when you applied for the Postal Service job fifty years ago and nobody believed you could get the job, including yourself? You talk about negative expectancy! But, you got the job, never moved up but you still overcame a huge negative expectancy.
gr8player
gr8player
March 13th, 2013 at 9:44:53 AM permalink
Paradigm, your "tag line" says it all, "Adding value one post at a time". Nice, open-minded post, my friend, and thanks for sharing your refreshing thoughts.

As to your "Dice Baccarat", I'm afraid that I'd have no interest in it. You see, Paradigm, I play Baccarat mainly because it is what it is: A closed-end, shoe game. With a beginning, a middle, and an end. I like to separate certain "portions" of the shoe, both in looking at the history and in "guessing" its next direction. Lastly, I do happen to believe that each shoe has certain "characteristics" (dare I use the term: trends) that are unique in and of themselves, and it is those very characteristics of each shoe (and/or portion thereof) that I seek out in my play.

I do wish you all the very best of it.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
March 15th, 2013 at 9:33:20 AM permalink
O.K. gr8player.....here's your negative progression-11111-22222-33333-44444-55555. I'm suggesting that if you bust then marty the original progression thus-22222-44444-66666-88888-10-10-10-10-10-10 and once again-44444-88888-12,12,12,12,12,-16,16,16,16,16,-20,20,20,20,20. If you bust all three the it's clear that you did something very bad to somebody that was very important in an earlier life.l Isn't the essence of the bet is to win more on winning bets than you lose on losing bets?
gr8player
gr8player
March 16th, 2013 at 8:32:42 AM permalink
Hello, TTB.

My "Gr8Player's Progression" contains 7 bets at each level, not 5. It must be an odd number of bets, but neither 3 nor 5 nor 9 will work as well as 7 will. So, TTB, that's the first thing I'd recommend, the 7 plays per level. Secondly, I'd trash the marty. Look, generally speaking, when things are going sour, the last thing we should be looking to do is to bet more and more per hand. That's much too stressful, both on our bankrolls and our psyches.

Not speaking about you personally, TTB, but I find that people that try to escalate their bets as quickly and/or as high as they can just in the name of "loss avoidance" are not players that are "built" for the long haul (read: long term success). These players have no confidence in their bet selection process, and, thusly, need to attempt to "muscle their way" (read: overbet) back to normalcy, rather than letting their variance upturn "come to them". It will come, if your bet selection process is worth it's weight in salt. So the question then becomes, especially for these sorts of impatient and undisciplined players: Will you be there for it, or will you be busted out beforehand?

IF I WERE one of these sorts of players, I'd suggest a "positive" (read: up-as-you-win) progression, rather than any negative (read: up-as-you-lose) one. That'll keep your bets "controllable" and "manageable" until that potential "wiining jag". In fact, there's my "tip of the day". If you can't "control yourself" within a negative progression, then go to a positive one. It'll help to control you just through its very nature.

I wish you all the very best of it.

• Jump to: