Thread Rating:

gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
March 2nd, 2013 at 10:52:19 AM permalink
Hello all. I just happened upon this open forum, and decided to join it, as I'm familiar with Wiz's other site and always found it both repectful and enlightening. And, in my brief perusal here, this appears similar.

By way of introduction, I'm a confirmed Baccarat "trender", and I've previously posted, rather extensively, at both the Glen and Baccarat Forum sites.

While I've seen both a Blackjack and Craps section here, I've seen no Baccarat section, and I can't help but wonder why, seeing as how there's probably 5 tables of Baccarat to every single table of Craps at most AC and CT joints.

Anyhow, here's a request for a new Baccarat section, all in the hopes that those that are interested might be a bit more inclined to discuss the(ir) game here in this forum if there existed a dedicated section.

Sidenote: Yes, I am fully aware of the Wiz's stance on "trending", and it's viability (or, should I say, lack thereof) as it pertains to games of chance. I trust, however, that he wouldn't object to anyone discussing their personal beliefs and/or experiences regarding same.

I look forward to some open discussions.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
March 2nd, 2013 at 11:18:24 AM permalink
Quote: gr8player

Sidenote: Yes, I am fully aware of the Wiz's stance on "trending"

You won't be censored, but don't expect the W. to participate either.

Remains to be seen who can take it, often the thread originator is the one who decides it is too 'open', open season maybe [g]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
March 2nd, 2013 at 11:34:38 AM permalink

Hello all. I just happened upon this open forum, and decided to join it, as I'm familiar with Wiz's other site and always found it both repectful and enlightening. And, in my brief perusal here, this appears similar.

By way of introduction, I'm a confirmed Baccarat "trender", and I've previously posted, rather extensively, at both the Glen and Baccarat Forum sites.

While I've seen both a Blackjack and Craps section here, I've seen no Baccarat section, and I can't help but wonder why, seeing as how there's probably 5 tables of Baccarat to every single table of Craps at most AC and CT joints.

Anyhow, here's a request for a new Baccarat section, all in the hopes that those that are interested might be a bit more inclined to discuss the(ir) game here in this forum if there existed a dedicated section.

Sidenote: Yes, I am fully aware of the Wiz's stance on "trending", and it's viability (or, should I say, lack thereof) as it pertains to games of chance. I trust, however, that he wouldn't object to anyone discussing their personal beliefs and/or experiences regarding same.

I'm currently running through RNG's in 8 deck Baccarat on the Wizards site. I'm nearly half way through 1000 decks nearly 40,000 hands. Yeah, no life. My first observation is that Baccarat doesn't kick out as many runs or at least the runs seem to be shorter. Just an observation. Longest player/banker streak 10. In Roulette at 40,000 spins you could expect to see 10 plus runs of 15 or more. I'll crack the game by dinner.
Each day is better than the next
gr8player
gr8player
March 2nd, 2013 at 1:03:14 PM permalink
Odiousgambit, "luvin'" that Mark Twain quote. Nice touch, man.

Treetopbuddy: >I'll crack the game by dinner.< Yep. Sure you will....

Let's see...some 30-odd years of Bac experience, and it's STILL a personal struggle to "crack" this game at each and every new session.

No doubt about it, Treetopbuddy, you certainly do need a way to "crack" the inherent "choppiness" of this game in order to succeed over the long term.

I wish you the very best of it.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
March 2nd, 2013 at 1:20:46 PM permalink

Odiousgambit, "luvin'" that Mark Twain quote. Nice touch, man.

Treetopbuddy: >I'll crack the game by dinner.< Yep. Sure you will....

Let's see...some 30-odd years of Bac experience, and it's STILL a personal struggle to "crack" this game at each and every new session.

No doubt about it, Treetopbuddy, you certainly do need a way to "crack" the inherent "choppiness" of this game in order to succeed over the long term.

I wish you the very best of it.

how about the Wrangler march with a Guetting progression.....?
gr8player
gr8player
March 2nd, 2013 at 1:33:57 PM permalink
Think about it a minute, if you will. Think of the "Law of Series"......where it is written that there are more 1's than 2's, more 2's than 3's, and more 3's than 4's (or more's).

Now, in and of itself, no real advantage to be had there, even with that knowledge.

BUUUTTT, if one were savvy enough to "specialize" (read: build their main play around) in ferreting out those "choppy" portions of the shoe, and have both a MM plan with a "recoup mode" built in as well, one could be best prepared to "capitalize" (read: maximize) their potential profitability on same.

My philosophy: You simply cannot afford to allow yourself to be "caught off-guard" while playing this game. Be prepared for all possibilities to arise, and have a response to it. One of my favorite responses: the "no-bet". When in doubt, sit it out. Betting more and more into a "losing jag" will NOT make the cards cooperate any better. Preferable play should include more than one "no-bet" mode.

When it appears as if the shoe/table is more pre-disposed to dispensing some better results for your sort of play, that is the prime time to re-commence your betting.

Will you always be right? Nope.

But, over the long term, you'll save yourself from some over-betting and the over-stress that goes with it.

I wish you all the best of it.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
March 2nd, 2013 at 1:42:10 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

how about the Wrangler march with a Guetting progression.....?

Released "free" horse racing system....no response. Now releasing "free" Baccarat system. In an 8 deck shoe begin counting down deck e.g. Banker=+1 Player=-1. When deck becomes skewed + or - 7, straight bet the side that is lagging. You won't win every shoe but you take some variance out of the shoe. Don't expect a response on this can't lose system. Hey, at least I'm not advocating negative progression. Moving on to The Wheel of Fortune.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
March 2nd, 2013 at 2:04:28 PM permalink

the "no-bet". When in doubt, sit it out.

Purely by putting up less against the HE will in fact save you money. On average.

re: Twain quote, thanks!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
gr8player
gr8player
March 2nd, 2013 at 2:08:14 PM permalink
Treetopbuddy: >Hey, at least I'm not advocating negative progression.<

Geat job, TTB. Flat betting is the MM of preference. Just know, you can always "adjust" your flat-bet size.

Knowing exactly when to do that, my friend, is the key. My suggestion: garner as many "variance" stats as you can about your preferred plays, and then build your "flat-bet size adjustments" accordingly.

So, you released a horse racing method? And got no response? Well, here's one...I'd like to view it if you can make it available.
gr8player
gr8player
March 2nd, 2013 at 2:27:14 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Purely by putting up less against the HE will in fact save you money. On average.

Correct.

But that's not quite what I have in mind whenever I'm in "no-bet" mode. It's not all about the house edge for me. I much prefer to concentrate on my edges, defined thusly:

I can bet where and when I choose to.
I can bet how much (or less) as I choose to.
I can terminate a shoe and/or session as I choose to.

I use those edges to the very best of my ability to, at the very least, put myself in the very best position to succeed over the long term.

Why? Because they're all I've got. I've no crystal ball, and thusly have no concrete evidence of the next decision about to be played out.

But I'm fine with that. I have pre-set "exit strategies" for each contingency; win, lose, or draw.

In other words, I fully recognize what I can control, and what I cannot. And what I can control, I control to my very best advantage. Absolutely imperative, and absolutely inexcusable if it's not an integral part of your own play.

• Jump to: