Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 11:59:37 AM permalink
Quote: Vegasbrent

It's now about 2 weeks past the date I was paid last year. Has anyone heard anything good or bad recently? Not a big deal. Just checking to see.

Brent
link to original post

Not the answer you want…. But to my knowledge the winners have been paid. Mission’s responsibility to the winners have been met. Not necessarily by Mission. DJChaps accepted money from Dieter, I believe, to consider the contest payment requirement fulfilled. I think Wizard and UnJon may have helped make Dieter whole? Mission’s holding my $25 was at my request. In the event there is no contest next year (seems likely) I’ll discuss with Mission how we will settle that debt. But I’m not going to consider it until August.
If Mission is in arrears to any other winner they certainly have not been chirping about it.
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
  • Threads: 0
May 4th, 2024 at 12:19:32 PM permalink
I think Gordon paid DJ, but I haven't read or heard of anyone else getting paid other than putting winnings towards next season.

Maybe we'll get some chirps.

Brent
It's not a sin if you don't win, but it's a tragedy if you don't try. Be happy and have fun!
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
odiousgambitVegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 12:20:56 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It's now about 2 weeks past the date I was paid last year. Has anyone heard anything good or bad recently? Not a big deal. Just checking to see.

Brent
link to original post

Not the answer you want…. But to my knowledge the winners have been paid. Mission’s responsibility to the winners have been met. Not necessarily by Mission. DJChaps accepted money from Dieter, I believe, to consider the contest payment requirement fulfilled. I think Wizard and UnJon may have helped make Dieter whole? Mission’s holding my $25 was at my request. In the event there is no contest next year (seems likely) I’ll discuss with Mission how we will settle that debt. But I’m not going to consider it until August.
If Mission is in arrears to any other winner they certainly have not been chirping about it.
link to original post

This is not true. DJ Chaps was complaining so Gordon paid him out. Mission still owes the rest of the winners.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 12:28:52 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

This is not true. DJ Chaps was complaining so Gordon paid him out. Mission still owes the rest of the winners.
link to original post

Definitely agree with Unjon that Soopoo is quite misled on this, unless all the others are like me ... now refusing to accept any money from Mission. He finally convinced me it is really his own money he was pledging.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 12:31:34 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

That’s even worse then. I guess only DJ was publicly complaining. My error….

Very embarrassing for the site and it’s owners….
Mission provides a lot of the content here…
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 11
Thanked by
VegasbrentSOOPOO
May 4th, 2024 at 1:53:14 PM permalink
There is no incentive for Mission to pay. Gordon and The Wiz assumed Mission's debt to DJChaps. Some of the other players have told him to hold on their winnings for next year's game or have forgiven the debt entirely. Mission's only penalty really is indefinate suspension from WOV, which is really all WOV can do and I'm sure he can live with.

I too want him to pay what he acknowledges he needs pay and is welcomed back. I hope he also gets to run the same game this year and into the future in a fashion that lends integrity to the game.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
RideTheEdgeVegasbrentDJChapsDieter
May 4th, 2024 at 2:40:36 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

There is no incentive for Mission to pay. Gordon and The Wiz assumed Mission's debt to DJChaps. Some of the other players have told him to hold on their winnings for next year's game or have forgiven the debt entirely. Mission's only penalty really is indefinate suspension from WOV, which is really all WOV can do and I'm sure he can live with.

I too want him to pay what he acknowledges he needs pay and is welcomed back. I hope he also gets to run the same game this year and into the future in a fashion that lends integrity to the game.
link to original post

One more clarification. DJChaps was owed $480 by Mission but needed cash right away. I sent DJChaps $400 and "bought" the $480 payment he was owed. Wizard was late to discover what had happened, but when he eventually learned about it he offered to send me $200 and to assume half ownership of Mission's debt to DJChaps. I accepted that offer.

Wizard and I then put our heads together and decided that if we are ever paid the $480 by Mission the money will be split:
Gordonm888: $200
Wizard: $200
DJChaps: $80

This would make Wizard, DJChaps, and I whole. Note that Wizard and I will not be making any profit on the situation.

Let me also mention that unjon has repeatedly made an offer to send cash to anyone who is owed money by Mission. Thank you unjon!

Obviously, this is not a happy situation, but I still think that there's a reasonably good chance that Mission will eventually pay these contest debts.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
May 4th, 2024 at 4:32:19 PM permalink
I believe UnJon's offer was for payment in the form of an Amazon gift card. However, I'm not in real need of the money and don't want somebody else on the hook for a debt owed to me. If Mission never paid, I'd feel obligated to pay it back. I'm relatively new here, so if I was more familiar with people, I would be more open to entertaining such an offer.

You and Wizard are going above and beyond paying DJ the $80 when Mission does finally pay.

I'm in some contests throughout the year that use LeagueSafe, so that may be an option to look into for future contests here.

Brent
It's not a sin if you don't win, but it's a tragedy if you don't try. Be happy and have fun!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
May 5th, 2024 at 2:12:17 AM permalink

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

If I'm involved, I'm not aware of it.
If someone believes I owe (or even should pay), contact me via PM or backchannels.

edit: I'm nowhere near "the post office", so that won't work.
May the cards fall in your favor.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 5th, 2024 at 4:41:09 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

If someone believes I owe (or even should pay), contact me via PM or backchannels.

link to original post

I thought you and Gordon were the same person….
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
May 5th, 2024 at 5:16:32 AM permalink

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Hah! He looks like a movie star. Me, not so much.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
May 5th, 2024 at 9:57:31 AM permalink

Brent
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Hah! He looks like a movie star. Me, not so much.
link to original post

Rumors of Dieter and I being clones of each other are much overstated.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 238
May 6th, 2024 at 5:01:28 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

"I thought you and Gordon were the same person"___________Quote from SOOPOO….

they're twins___________________ I thought everybody here knew that

the foolish sayings of a rich man often pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
May 6th, 2024 at 6:26:27 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: gordonm888

"I thought you and Gordon were the same person"___________Quote from SOOPOO….

they're twins___________________ I thought everybody here knew that

link to original post

Now that's a first.
And, uh, no. There are other people I look much more like, unless your criteria stop at nostril count.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1505
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 20th, 2024 at 9:43:36 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

The following have these amounts coming from this game:

DJChaps: $435
PlayYourCardsRight: $75 ($50 was donated to Playoff Game)
UnJon: (Donated to Playoff Game)
Joeman: $50
Genwyzgy: $45
VegasBrent: $10*

Playoff Winners:
OdiousGambit: $1,310---WINS: $210
VegasBrent: $1,025---WINS $110*
JML24: $900---WINS $75
SOOPOO: $775---WINS $25

*$120 Total
link to original post

Other than DJChaps, are there any other winners who haven't been paid and wish to make a claim?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
May 20th, 2024 at 9:47:11 PM permalink

I have sent a PM and will be increasing all prizes by the greater of 10%, or $25, as compensation for the delay. This is essentially an extra $25 for everyone, except DJChaps, in whose case it is $43.50 (though I will probably just add $45).
link to original post

Plus 10%, or $25., whichever is greater.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
May 21st, 2024 at 5:38:29 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The following have these amounts coming from this game:

DJChaps: $435
PlayYourCardsRight: $75 ($50 was donated to Playoff Game)
UnJon: (Donated to Playoff Game)
Joeman: $50
Genwyzgy: $45
VegasBrent: $10*

Playoff Winners:
OdiousGambit: $1,310---WINS: $210
VegasBrent: $1,025---WINS $110*
JML24: $900---WINS $75
SOOPOO: $775---WINS $25

*$120 Total
link to original post

Other than DJChaps, are there any other winners who haven't been paid and wish to make a claim?
link to original post

I appreciate the offer. I had honestly forgotten that I was owed money from the game. I'm not quite sure what to make of all this.

Has anyone heard from Mission lately? I hope he's OK.

At any rate, I am opting to not file a claim and will await Mission's return to be paid. If that never happens, I'm fine with it.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
MDawg
MDawg
May 21st, 2024 at 7:33:19 AM permalink
The point of Wizard's post is to step forward now and confirm that you are owed anything, including the 10% or $25. bonus. That is what is meant by a "claim."

Like when a company goes into receivership, if you don't make your claim in time you forego it.

You may also step up now and say you don't want to be paid.

Not that I have anything to do with it, other than having made a suggestion that is being followed.
Last edited by: MDawg on May 21, 2024
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
May 21st, 2024 at 7:58:52 AM permalink
I want from no one until Mission146 returns and pays.
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
Thanked by
gordonm888
May 21st, 2024 at 8:53:54 AM permalink
I haven't been paid and wish to make a claim.

Brent
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
May 21st, 2024 at 9:32:07 AM permalink
Quote: PlayYourCardsRight

I want from no one until Mission146 returns and pays.
link to original post

No one is going to pay you anything without your permission. And I think this may be a buildup to Mission returning and paying. So, would you please help us out? Do you agree that Mission owes you $25? Or a different amount? We're just trying to sort this out so as to avoid any more disputes down the line.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
May 21st, 2024 at 11:57:04 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I appreciate the offer. I had honestly forgotten that I was owed money from the game. I'm not quite sure what to make of all this.

Has anyone heard from Mission lately? I hope he's OK.

At any rate, I am opting to not file a claim and will await Mission's return to be paid. If that never happens, I'm fine with it.
link to original post

First, I vaguely understand that someone is talking with Mission, that he is ok, that the conversations are friendly and that Mission is planning to return and pay up on his commitments. This is a third-hand report so take it for what it is worth. But please understand that there are no floggings going on and we're just asking everyone to cooperate to help us get Mission back and this situation resolved fairly.

The administrators are able to track all the posts and see what Mission has said that he owes. What we have been in the dark about is whether people have already been paid. We have no visibility into that. So our question about "claims" really amounts to a question about whether or not you have already been paid (and also whether anyone disputes what Mission has posted that he owes.)

Joeman, I interpret your response as meaning that you have not been paid. Is that fair?
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
May 21st, 2024 at 12:33:58 PM permalink
I don't believe so. Honestly, I had forgotten about it, but looking back at my PM's and my Paypal history, no, I don't see where I got paid.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 21st, 2024 at 1:37:21 PM permalink
I have not been paid. But I do not consider Mission ‘in arrears’ with me, as I was hoping he’d just use my $25 for next years contest. And before the non payment to others, we had communicated with each other to that effect.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
May 21st, 2024 at 1:41:40 PM permalink

I have not been paid. But I do not consider Mission ‘in arrears’ with me, as I was hoping he’d just use my $25 for next years contest. And before the non payment to others, we had communicated with each other to that effect.
link to original post

Okay, that's clear. Thanks.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
May 21st, 2024 at 5:26:34 PM permalink
I have not been paid but will not accept money from Mission
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
May 22nd, 2024 at 6:40:07 AM permalink
I am.owed $75.
I earned $125 and I gave $50 to the playoff pool.
I do not wish to collect any money as a late fee.
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
July 18th, 2024 at 10:39:01 PM permalink
Nfl.season is just around the corner. Is their going to be.nfl picks contest for the upcoming season?
MDawg
MDawg
July 19th, 2024 at 8:26:59 AM permalink
Yes sure I'll bankroll it. NOT. I try to get involved only in +EV.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
Thanked by
Wizard
July 22nd, 2024 at 9:22:56 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

Nfl.season is just around the corner. Is their going to be.nfl picks contest for the upcoming season?
link to original post

Both avianrandy and I have now talked with Wizard about this.

Even while banned at WOV forum until he makes his NFL Picks payments, Mission was working for Wiz as a moderator over at the DT (Diversity Today) site. However, Mission's been absent from that site for over four months. I'm afraid we need to plan as if Mission may not be returning.

Does anyone want to volunteer to take Mission's place as the organizer of this year's NFL Picks contest? I would not expect the organizer to throw their own money into the prize pool, as Mission did. Maybe we can find a way to make the overall contest slightly +EV without one person throwing in $700!

I haven't talked to unjon, but perhaps he and I can combine to do the weekly grading of the picks and post the ranking of the contestants (the Ed Collins job), the same as we did last year. That's a good fraction of the work!

Thoughts? Feedback?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1505
July 22nd, 2024 at 5:08:05 PM permalink
Thanks Gordon for the above post.

I agree with need to proceed under the assumption that Mission will not be involved this year. I personally am not asking anyone to chip in to make the game +EV. I think we should keep it exactly EV.

At this point, we mainly need a volunteer to organize it. Said volunteer is welcome to get assistants to help. It seems to me the biggest part of the job is grading picks and updating the scores. I personally can provide the lines, or advise on how to set them. However, some weeks I may not be available. Personally, I just don't have the time to manage the whole thing.

So -- Please say your name if you're willing to help or oversee the NFL 2024 competition.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
Thanked by
avianrandy
August 27th, 2024 at 11:00:28 AM permalink
I guess nobody stepped up to run it this year. Time, like for most people, is too scarce for me to run it. Such a shame. I really liked this contest.
PlayYourCardsRight
PlayYourCardsRight
Thanked by
Vegasbrent
August 28th, 2024 at 9:29:30 AM permalink
If there are volunteers to score it, I will collect entries and weekly picks and post them.

I will not donate to the prize fund. And I will be eligible to play and win.

Is there enough interest in participating?

Matt
Vegasbrent
Vegasbrent
August 28th, 2024 at 9:43:11 AM permalink
I'd definitely play!

Thanks!

Brent
  • Jump to: