Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1184
Thanks for this post from:
Joeman
January 22nd, 2019 at 9:38:01 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I have a question about the two "longest" props. For the purposes of this game, will points only be awarded for an exact number, or will the points go to whomever is closest to the correct answer in the event that the exact number was not chosen by anyone?

The points will go to whoever is closest if nobody gets it exactly right.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanks for this post from:
IndyJeffrey
January 22nd, 2019 at 9:40:35 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Same ask, and let me say I always enjoy the Wiz's appearances on GWAE, including this one. Doit!

Thanks for the kind words. No, I'm not doing the show about prop picks this year. I find my data is too old to accurately make predictions any longer. Also, despite perceiving advantages, my actual results have not matched my expectations.

I wouldn't mind being on the show again, but, sadly, I don't have anything good to talk about.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 66
January 22nd, 2019 at 10:17:02 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks for the kind words. No, I'm not doing the show about prop picks this year. I find my data is too old to accurately make predictions any longer. Also, despite perceiving advantages, my actual results have not matched my expectations.

I wouldn't mind being on the show again, but, sadly, I don't have anything good to talk about.

Bob and Munch have been doing a fair number of "listener questions" shows - you could appear on one of those to provide your gambling expertise! Just a thought.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
January 22nd, 2019 at 1:31:21 PM permalink
Just submitted my picks, thanks for putting it together.

Just a point of clarification, longest field goal is longest 'made' fg, as contrasted with longest 'attempted' fg, correct?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 22nd, 2019 at 3:58:24 PM permalink
Quote: MidwestAP

Just a point of clarification, longest field goal is longest 'made' fg, as contrasted with longest 'attempted' fg, correct?

That is correct.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
January 22nd, 2019 at 5:23:28 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

That is correct.

Does going over matter ?

Let’s say longest FG is 40 yards. Nobody picked 40 but one person picked 39 and one person picked 41.

They’d get 50 points each ?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 22nd, 2019 at 6:21:05 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Does going over matter ?

Let’s say longest FG is 40 yards. Nobody picked 40 but one person picked 39 and one person picked 41.

They’d get 50 points each ?

You can go over. In your example, yes, each would get 50 points.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 174
January 23rd, 2019 at 12:25:19 PM permalink
I'll probably submit my picks this weekend.

This is probably fodder for a new thread, but are you planning on accepting cash bets this year? I believe you were talking about retiring from that last year, but took my bets anyway. And, I lost all 4 of my bets. :(

And on that note, have the LV books posted their props sheets yet? I plan on stopping by the Meadowlands this weekend to get their props sheets, if they have them ready.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 67
January 23rd, 2019 at 12:40:22 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

I'll probably submit my picks this weekend.

This is probably fodder for a new thread, but are you planning on accepting cash bets this year? I believe you were talking about retiring from that last year, but took my bets anyway. And, I lost all 4 of my bets. :(

And on that note, have the LV books posted their props sheets yet? I plan on stopping by the Meadowlands this weekend to get their props sheets, if they have them ready.

Usually the full prop sheets aren't out until Thursday night.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 100
January 23rd, 2019 at 1:46:55 PM permalink
I'm in. I'll either do very well (unlikely) or very poorly (likely) as many of my picks are correlated.

• Jump to: