3 votes (12%)
4 votes (16%)

25 members have voted

Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
January 28th, 2018 at 6:33:21 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Are you sure? Those numbers seem very low. The average NFL game has about five touchdowns so 2.5 per team, on average. Not to mention this is a good team. Perhaps these were just passing touchdowns?

Then again, these statistics on Foles do not look very impressive.

Iím sorry, I thought you were asking for him passing touchdowns.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1404
January 28th, 2018 at 6:43:34 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I can't state it enough. NO TEAM felt Foles was good enough to be their starting QB. Cleveland could have signed him. Houston could have signed him. Indianapolis could have signed him.

Wasn't Brady a low pick when he started his NFL career? Maybe these teams just overlooked a good thing.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
January 28th, 2018 at 7:29:47 AM permalink
Eagles win by at least 7. Thatís what my Clue die is saying. And everyone knows it it is a very lucky die.
ďMan BabesĒ #AxelFabulous
Mission146
Mission146
January 28th, 2018 at 7:32:33 AM permalink

Well, I did say it was rudimentary.

Can anyone quote touchdowns per game by both QB's? I am running late to get to a movie and don't have time to search it.

I must really like you, Wizard.

Okay, I am now looking at all OFFENSIVE TD's in all games started by both QB's during which they played at least into the fourth quarter, so it's apples-to-apples.

Worth mentioning is that Foles was saddled with the abysmal Jeff Fisher Rams for one season, during which he started eleven games and the offense only produced sixteen offensive touchdowns. The 7-9 Rams were fourth to last in total scoring.

Foles: 2.46875 TEAM Offensive TD's/Game
Foles (Excluding Rams): 3 TEAM Offensive TD's/Game

Wentz: 2.5517 TEAM Offensive TD"s/Game

I also didn't hear much about Wentz being the savior of the Philadelphia Eagles last year with his 16 TD's against 14 INT's, different teams every year and Variance in general comes into play. Foles also had to play a season with a garbage offense. Even with that, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the two. Maybe one point, two?
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
January 28th, 2018 at 7:36:56 AM permalink

As always, it is easy to twist the importance of a single stat. I think the stat quoted is how many TD passes each QB throws, not how many TD drives each QB leads, which may end in a running TD.

As you can see above, the gap closes pretty significantly when you look at all offensive TD drives/game led by the QB. There's barely a difference, then. Wentz actually came out better in the passing TD's comparison. Perhaps important, perhaps not, if you don't count the year with the Rams, Foles is better than Wentz (by a ton) in that regard.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
January 28th, 2018 at 2:52:05 PM permalink
Thanks for all the research Mission. That makes me much more comfortable betting the Eagles. Already got some yesterday but think I'll to it.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 207
January 28th, 2018 at 5:18:51 PM permalink

Are you sure? Those numbers seem very low. The average NFL game has about five touchdowns so 2.5 per team, on average. Not to mention this is a good team. Perhaps these were just passing touchdowns?

Then again, these statistics on Foles do not look very impressive.

As always, it is easy to twist the importance of a single stat. I think the stat quoted is how many TD passes each QB throws, not how many TD drives each QB leads, which may end in a running TD. I can't state it enough. NO TEAM felt Foles was good enough to be their starting QB. Cleveland could have signed him. Houston could have signed him. Indianapolis could have signed him.
Is Philly's D and other good offensive players good enough to overcome Brady and the generally average NE roster? We shall see next Sunday. Having watched a lot of NE games this year, I think if they had Edelman they would have been a full notch better than they were.

Are you certain those teams didn't try to sign him? Perhaps he felt he'd rather be a well paid back up on a contender than a tackling dummy on a losing team.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
January 29th, 2018 at 12:51:52 PM permalink
I just finished a new page which contains all props by several Vegas sports book families. Please check out my new Super Bowl 52 Proposition Bets. It was very tedious work so I hope some will find it helpful.
Last edited by: Wizard on Jan 29, 2018
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
January 29th, 2018 at 1:07:13 PM permalink

I just finished a new page which contains all props by several Vegas sports book families. Please check out my new Super Bowl 52 Proposition Bets. It was very tedious work so I hope some will find it helpful.

Link Broken?
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 28
January 29th, 2018 at 1:24:22 PM permalink
Quote: kmumf

Link Broken?

I too get a link broken error of "Sorry, game can't be found sports-betting/nfl/super-bowl/52"

Here's the link your link resolves to (in case of any typos): https://wizardofvegas.com/games/sports-betting/nfl/super-bowl/52/
Playing it correctly means you've already won.

• Jump to: