Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
April 22nd, 2012 at 9:59:08 AM permalink
My next slot machine deconstruction attempt will be Blazing Sevens. I recorded 30 minutes of play last night at the Fremont. The boring and tedious part of these deconstructions is watching these videos and recording every spin on all five reels into a file. Before going further, here are the videos:

Blazing Sevens part 1
Blazing Sevens part 2
Blazing Sevens part 3

I think that two should be enough, but I'll know better once I see some results. Each one is about ten minutes long. I'd like to suggest the following abbreviations:

1 = 1-bar
2 = 2-bar
3 = 3-bar
B = Bell
D = $
7 = Seven
F = Blazing seven (the "F" is for fire)

Of course, anything is fine, as I can easily do a search and replace.

I'm looking to get a spreadsheet or text file with one entry per spin. Each line should have a time indication where the spin is in the video. For example, the starting state of the first video would be:

0:01,27D,DBF,B2D,D72,1DB

After I did Hexbreaker, a couple people volunteered to do data entry for my next game, but I forgot who did so. Anybody up for helping the Wiz? This would be in the name of research and educating the public about how slot machines really work.

I'm not asking for anyone to do all three. Just one, or half a video, per volunteer would fine. So, who is up for making some history?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
April 22nd, 2012 at 10:45:34 AM permalink
I'll volunteer. Off tommorow so can do some then.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 22nd, 2012 at 4:19:32 PM permalink
Quote: miplet

I'll volunteer. Off tommorow so can do some then.

Thanks! You are officially assigned part 1. Just do what you can.

Oh, also in the data please record the time in the video for every spin. With my last two slots I paid my brother in law, and he made some data entry errors. By being able to easily find the questionable spins I can easily fix them.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
April 23rd, 2012 at 6:24:51 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks! You are officially assigned part 1. Just do what you can.

Oh, also in the data please record the time in the video for every spin. With my last two slots I paid my brother in law, and he made some data entry errors. By being able to easily find the questionable spins I can easily fix them.

Got it. I have a few hours to kill before my dental appointment so I'll start now.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 23rd, 2012 at 4:31:17 PM permalink
I'd like to thank ChesterDog for doing part 3. Assuming miplet completes part 1 then I think I'll have enough.
  • Jump to: