hhhccc
  • Threads: 11
June 10th, 2010 at 7:01:32 PM permalink
nevermind
marksolberg
marksolberg
  • Threads: 26
June 10th, 2010 at 9:05:41 PM permalink
Both. I can only speak for myself but I look at summary slot reports daily to see revenue and play trends compared to other periods. I look monthly for variances on individual machines between actual and theoretical win. We do this to check to make sure that there isn't theft or some kind of problem with the slot that is causing it to pay incorrectly (it's also a regulatory requirement). Games are not replaced because a slot didn't win as much as it should, that is it's win is less than the theoretical win. They are replaced because they are not popular and do not get enough play. You have to take into account the physical location and other factors that affect a games desirability to play before deciding to make a change. Also the newer video bonus slots are ridiculously expensive so you have to be more selective in your replacement cycle. They days of paying $3000 for a new reel slot are long, long gone.

Mark
hhhccc
hhhccc
  • Threads: 11
June 11th, 2010 at 11:01:26 AM permalink
nevermind
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
June 11th, 2010 at 11:05:37 AM permalink
A machine that is paying out rather consistently at 200% should be easy to identify by the line of people waiting to play. ;-)
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 11th, 2010 at 12:29:46 PM permalink
I wonder what information you can get easily from a machine, and does it change from company to company and year to year? For example do you always have to open cabinets and look at something inside the machine, or can you put a key in and get a display on the video screen. What is the format? Is the HA percentage for the machine coded so some patron can't steal a look and easily see the percentage setting.
  • Jump to: