JackSpade
JackSpade
  • Threads: 10
September 2nd, 2022 at 5:45:25 PM permalink
I'm headed to Vegas next week, comped at MGM properties with $140 in freeplay.

Last time I played 9/6 Jacks at Bellagio, NYNY, and MGM Grand and 8/5 Bonus at Park MGM and Aria.

I found one Spin Poker machine at Bellagio that has 9/6 Jacks. Like many of the other VP machines at Bellagio, it's old and worn out and looks like something that belongs at CircusCircus rather than a flagship 5-star resort. But I prefer Spin over other variants and will never play a machine that offers worse returns because it looks nicer. So that one ended up being my favorite - ran roughly break even on it while earning enough points to keep MGM happy.

Are there any other good options on strip (preferably MGM) properties? Where are playable progressives to be found?

I don't play double bonus or double-double or triple-double or quadruple-triple or any of those games that have aces with kicker nonsense. (Why do they treat 2,3,4 as being better kickers than K,Q,J? That's not how poker is supposed to work!)
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 2nd, 2022 at 6:20:15 PM permalink
Quote: JackSpade

(Why do they treat 2,3,4 as being better kickers than K,Q,J? That's not how poker is supposed to work!)
link to original post

I'm sure someone analyzed the paytable and decided against it based on JJ being a paying hand.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 3rd, 2022 at 5:57:05 AM permalink
MGM has had 9/6 JOB for many years. I and others have been playing those for years during good promotions. I liked the 50 plays.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
jpfromla
jpfromla
  • Threads: 0
September 3rd, 2022 at 6:40:25 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

(Why do they treat 2,3,4 as being better kickers than K,Q,J? That's not how poker is supposed to work!)
link to original post

I'm sure someone analyzed the paytable and decided against it based on JJ being a paying hand.
link to original post

Find some Aces and Faces.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 3rd, 2022 at 7:07:08 AM permalink
Quote: jpfromla

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Fascinating looking game.
We don't see that much out here in the sticks.
May the cards fall in your favor.
camapl
camapl
  • Threads: 8
September 3rd, 2022 at 7:13:47 AM permalink
Quote: jpfromla

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

…Or Super Double Double Bonus where almost everything is a kicker!
Expectation is the root of all heartache.
jpfromla
jpfromla
  • Threads: 0
September 3rd, 2022 at 9:36:24 AM permalink
Specifically, dbl dbl bonus Aces and Faces. Palace Station and Red Rock has it - single line.
JackSpade
JackSpade
  • Threads: 10
September 3rd, 2022 at 9:53:13 AM permalink
I think Aces and Faces has the best pay table structure - you still get paid on two pair while chasing the four aces or four J,Q,K (and no 2,3,4 kicker nonsense). It's hard to find though. It appears the best version pays 99.26% - slightly better than 8/5 Bonus.
  • Jump to: