Thread Rating:

rektfast
rektfast
  • Threads: 1
May 9th, 2022 at 1:39:39 PM permalink
If it is based on an atomic clock or whatever you could probably rig the RNG by pulling the lever at equal milliseconds apart, right? People say slot machines tend to give out hand pays the same day and time over and over which implies it is not randomized properly
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 67
May 9th, 2022 at 1:44:24 PM permalink
That's like trying to pick a pixel on a screen without a map.
rektfast
rektfast
May 9th, 2022 at 1:46:36 PM permalink
Pixel perfect one-frame inputs are not that difficult to do. People play Tekken and hit EWGFs all the time. Has anyone tried playing VP or slots with a millisecond timer and trying to hit the button at equal intervals until they find a timing that produces positive RTP?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
May 9th, 2022 at 2:03:48 PM permalink
I'm down about 500 credits and I'm still waiting for my first straight flush, and I'm still waiting by drawing a straight.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 11
May 9th, 2022 at 2:57:55 PM permalink
Quote: rektfast

If it is based on an atomic clock or whatever you could probably rig the RNG by pulling the lever at equal milliseconds apart, right? People say slot machines tend to give out hand pays the same day and time over and over which implies it is not randomized properly
link to original post

I have heard rumors of one RNG timing attack.
I have no direct information about it.
The attack required methods which were in violation of device laws.

As for anecdotal reports from slot players, please assume that their conclusions are erroneous. I don't think time of day or day of week plays a factor.
I can believe that point multiplier days draw in more slot players at once, and someone is likely to hit a payout (think of the monkeys with typewriters eventually producing Shakespeare), but that doesn't mean you are more likely to.
May the cards fall in your favor.
rektfast
rektfast
May 9th, 2022 at 3:08:57 PM permalink
I played a lot of Hearthstone and assume that slots and VP would be rigged the same way. Combining slot angle shooting like the five-spin method and playing outside peak hours with AP video poker strategy should be possible, right?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
May 9th, 2022 at 3:17:33 PM permalink
In VP I notice I'll discard one card and the replacement card is the same one but just a different suit. It's like, why did I even bother discarding that card?

I don't find myself breaking up a 3 of a kind to try for a Royal for some reason.

Hmmmm...
Last edited by: ChumpChange on May 9, 2022
rektfast
rektfast
May 9th, 2022 at 3:30:41 PM permalink
Now that is an interesting observation and part of the reason I think mathematically "optimal" play is not correct. Perhaps the last card is still in RAM and influences the RNG. Someone used savestates on old video poker ROMs and noticed that the cards dealt are, in fact, different if you rewind and draw again. So the outcome is not predetermined but actually different every attempt.

Also, what if putting a very large amount of credits into the machine gets you marked as a whale and improves your RNG? There are many crooked things in online gaming which would be trivial to implement in VP.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 25
Thanks for this post from:
Dieter
May 9th, 2022 at 3:39:37 PM permalink
Quote: rektfast

Now that is an interesting observation and part of the reason I think mathematically "optimal" play is not correct. Perhaps the last card is still in RAM and influences the RNG. Someone used savestates on old video poker ROMs and noticed that the cards dealt are, in fact, different if you rewind and draw again. So the outcome is not predetermined but actually different every attempt.

Also, what if putting a very large amount of credits into the machine gets you marked as a whale and improves your RNG? There are many crooked things in online gaming which would be trivial to implement in VP.
link to original post

Nevada gaming laws require the RNG to be running at all times with the decision made at the time button is hit. That's for the deal and the draw. No cards are held in the RAM.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
May 9th, 2022 at 4:01:44 PM permalink
Slot machines always are trending to their set house advantage. You might not get close to that HA% number until 100,000 spins, but with a large HA like 5%, it will be a noticeable slide in your session money as you go along.
With VP you could be 40,000 credits behind before you see your first Royal 4,000 credit win. You'll need another nine Royals to catch up and some of those are already baked into the HA.

• Jump to: