baccaratwizard
baccaratwizard
Joined: May 26, 2018
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 10
May 27th, 2018 at 1:56:41 AM permalink
Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum and want to thank anyone in advance for reading this thread.



Any moderate to serious baccarat players in any casino have their own strategies on how to win at the game. They will tell you, often passionately, about pattern analysis/recognition, betting systems, money management, etc. Almost always, the baccarat player will try to analyze the scoreboard as much as possible and bet based on their "pattern recognition." It can be as simple as riding/fighting the line or some even try to analyze the "Chinese line" aka Bead Plate at the top of the scoreboard, where the each result is recorded vertically and horizontally after 6-7 hands. It is interesting though because if you ask any of the players if they really, REALLY believe that there's any real pattern recognition/system/strategy that will allow them to win consistently in the long run, almost every player will humbly tell you there is none, and that it's all bs lol. Yet they do the same thing over and over again..

I'm not judging tho, as I'm exactly one of the baccarat players I've described above lol. After many years of heartaches and countless losses, I asked myself the ultimate question, "Is there a (profitable) pattern recognition or not??" and told myself that I either find some sort of working strategy or seriously consider quitting the game altogether.

Over the years, I have invested thousands of hours gathering thousands of shoe results manually using the game simulation on the Wizard of Odds website, analyzing the patterns and trying to figure out any possible strategies. Unfortunately, I need a lot more data to do my research, like at least hundreds of thousand more shoes, which would take me an unbelievable amount of time. I'm sure there's a lot easier way of gathering the data by programming but I don't know anything about programming and need someone to do it for me or at least show me ropes so I can learn how to do it myself. (I want the data based on actual eight decks of cards just like the Wizard of Odds, not just a random number generator)

To make things a little bit more complicated, I specifically analyzing and need lots of data of the three small rectangles with empty/solid circles and slashes on the Scoreboard also known as Big Eye Boy, Small Road, and Cockroach Pig. I'm not exactly sure how they work but the information can also be found in the Wizard of Odds website.

And if possible, I would really really want the data to be converted to numbers so I can easily search through them and analyze the patterns. If there's only one spot in the column, it'd be written as "0" and two to nine spots would be written "2-9" accordingly, and ten or more would have letter "T" and designated exactly how many after the data is written. For example, (B= red circle/slash, P= blue circle/slash) not actual Banker/Player and it doesn't matter which color comes first.

B PPP BB P BB P BBBBBBB PP BB PPP B PPPPPPPPPPPP BB P B P BB P

would be

03202072230T200020 twelve


So is there any genius coders out there that can help a fellow human? Show me some ropes please! I'd be forever grateful. lol. I really need to do this. Thank you so much!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6820
Thanks for this post from:
Romes
May 27th, 2018 at 4:43:17 AM permalink
I can't help you with the code, but can I give you an analogy?

I have been watching apples fall from a tree (=losing at baccarat) for years and years. And this gravity thing (=house edge in baccarat) always seems to make the apples go down instead of up. Can someone help me figure out how to make the apples go up (=win at baccarat)?

In summary, you have to understand the concept that the next hand has nothing to do with the previous hand in baccarat. So noticing a pattern after it has occurred is not relevant to the NEXT hand.
GlenG
GlenG
Joined: Feb 5, 2018
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 410
May 27th, 2018 at 5:17:06 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I can't help you with the code, but can I give you an analogy?

I have been watching apples fall from a tree (=losing at baccarat) for years and years. And this gravity thing (=house edge in baccarat) always seems to make the apples go down instead of up. Can someone help me figure out how to make the apples go up (=win at baccarat)?

In summary, you have to understand the concept that the next hand has nothing to do with the previous hand in baccarat. So noticing a pattern after it has occurred is not relevant to the NEXT hand.



Yup..Thats why the TV screen is there on most games.
EdCollins
EdCollins
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1242
May 27th, 2018 at 7:26:41 AM permalink
Quote: baccaratwizard

B PPP BB P BB P BBBBBBB PP BB PPP B PPPPPPPPPPPP BB P B P BB P

would be

03202072230T200020 twelve

So is there any genius coders out there that can help a fellow human? Show me some ropes please! I'd be forever grateful. lol. I really need to do this. Thank you so much!

That's an easy task. Should take me 20 minutes or less. My preference would be to code it in Excel. I'd set it up so you could select the raw data from a text file of your choosing. The macro would read that file, and output the desired result either into another text file or into a worksheet.
baccaratwizard
baccaratwizard
Joined: May 26, 2018
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 10
May 27th, 2018 at 11:31:21 AM permalink
hahah i understand 100%. I read and thought a lot about gambling and I agree with what you just said. But at the same time, maybe I just really need to see it myself. Thanks for the response though.
baccaratwizard
baccaratwizard
Joined: May 26, 2018
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 10
May 27th, 2018 at 11:48:54 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

That's an easy task. Should take me 20 minutes or less. My preference would be to code it in Excel. I'd set it up so you could select the raw data from a text file of your choosing. The macro would read that file, and output the desired result either into another text file or into a worksheet.



Thank you so much!!! You gave me hope!!!!

please allow me to remind you that

I need a simulation with actual eight deck, not just a random number generator. The one at the Wizard of Odds website would be ideal.

I'm not exactly sure if the cut card affects the result in any way. The casino always removes a decent amount of cards at the beginning and don't use some at the end. I would think that it doesn't affect the results though.

Also, I'm not interested in the main Banker/Player Big road. I need the data just for the other three roads at the bottom of the screen. They're also red/blue but not necessarily banker/player. They are recorded by comparing column sizes of the previous roads..? Confusing stuff..

Lastly, I need the data to be converted to the format with 0's, 2-9's and T's... just like I described above. Color doesn't matter.

RRR BB R B RRRRRRRRRRR BBBB R B R B RR B

would be


3200T4000020 eleven.


Thank you so much boss. If you can help me any or all of the parts I needed, I will appreciate it dearly, as you will have saved me tens of thousands of hours. When I get out of the financial struggle in the future in one way or the other, I will seriously send you a gift card or paypal you some gratitude or something LOL. seriously. thank you.
EdCollins
EdCollins
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1242
May 27th, 2018 at 12:40:50 PM permalink
Ah, my mistake. When you said, "I have invested thousands of hours gathering thousands of shoe results manually using the game simulation on the Wizard of Odds website, analyzing the patterns and trying to figure out any possible strategies." I thought you wanted all of THAT data that you already had converted into your desired format. THAT would be just a 20 minute task, to read your file with that data in it, and convert that to your described format.

Now that I read you post a second time, I see that you did indeed say that you, "need a lot MORE data to do my research, like at least hundreds of thousand more shoes..." etc.

To set all of that up, to write what basically amounts to a baccarat simulation, is indeed a bit more work. It's not a LOT of work... just setting up the arrays for the shoe, shuffling the deck, setting up the loops to run the simulation for x amount of hands, saving the results, etc. It's still something I can probably help with... but I won't be able to get to it for awhile. That's definitely not something I can bang out in 15 or 20 minutes. :(
baccaratwizard
baccaratwizard
Joined: May 26, 2018
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 10
May 27th, 2018 at 12:48:13 PM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Ah, my mistake. When you said, "I have invested thousands of hours gathering thousands of shoe results manually using the game simulation on the Wizard of Odds website, analyzing the patterns and trying to figure out any possible strategies." I thought you wanted all of THAT data that you already had converted into your desired format. THAT would be just a 20 minute task, to read your file with that data in it, and convert that to your described format.

Now that I read you post a second time, I see that you did indeed say that you, "need a lot MORE data to do my research, like at least hundreds of thousand more shoes..." etc.

To set all of that up, to write what basically amounts to a baccarat simulation, is indeed a bit more work. It's not a LOT of work... just setting up the arrays for the shoe, shuffling the deck, setting up the loops to run the simulation for x amount of hands, saving the results, etc. It's still something I can probably help with... but I won't be able to get to it for awhile. That's definitely not something I can bang out in 15 or 20 minutes. :(





awww mannnnn. If you can still get to it one day, I'll be very grateful. Maybe show me some ropes to learn it myself? I meant it when I said I'll give back to you lol! I never let good deed go unnoticed. Thank you!
FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 3667
Thanks for this post from:
baccaratwizard
May 27th, 2018 at 12:58:12 PM permalink
I feel bad for you. You wasted thousands of hours of your life!

We will say 4000 hours.

Thatís 2 years of full time work or 6 months of life.

At $10 an hour. 40,000 dollars! Thatís how much more youíd have had you just taken a crappy job instead.
DogHand
DogHand
Joined: Sep 24, 2011
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 377
May 27th, 2018 at 1:23:00 PM permalink
Quote: baccaratwizard

<snip>Lastly, I need the data to be converted to the format with 0's, 2-9's and T's... just like I described above. Color doesn't matter.

RRR BB R B RRRRRRRRRRR BBBB R B R B RR B

would be


3200T4000020 eleven.<snip>



baccaratwizard,

Quick questions:

1. Why do you use a zero for a singleton rather than a one?

2. Do you really want to spell numbers greater than ten?

Dog Hand

  • Jump to: