On Sunday, January 23rd, 2022 the Kansas City Chiefs faced off against the Buffalo Bills from Arrowhead Stadium located in Kansas City, Missouri in an absolute barn burner of a game in the Divisional Round of the 2021 – 2022 NFL Playoffs. As the Wild Card Round of the current NFL postseason was quite uneventful and not even close to mildly entertaining this match up along with the other 3 – contests were incredibly amazing to watch as a true fan of the National Football League.
Scoring Plays – Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs
Last Sunday was arguably one of the best NFL playoff games of recent time as the Buffalo Bills entered Arrowhead Stadium in attempt of defeating the reigning AFC Champion Kansas City Chiefs led by their head coach, Andy Reid, and superstar quarterback, Patrick Mahomes.
- The first points scored in this highly – contested postseason battle happened in the 1st – quarter when Devin Singletary rushed in a 1 – yard carry for a Buffalo Bills touchdown that capped off a 13 – play and 71 – yard drive by the Bills. This score put Buffalo up 7 – 0.
- Patrick Mahomes ran in a touchdown of his own (8 – yard run) towards the end of the 1st – quarter to tie the football game up at 7 to 7.
- The K. C. Chiefs scored the first touchdown in the 2nd – quarter of the contest as Byron Pringle reeled in a 2 – yard pass from Mahomes to put the Chiefs up 14 to 7 over Buffalo.
- The Bills answered the Chiefs scoring drive when Gabriel Davis pulled in an 18 - yard touchdown pass from his quarterback Josh Allen just prior to halftime. The game was now knotted up at 14 to 14 as both sides headed into the locker room for the halftime break.
- The first score of the 3rd – quarter occurred on a Harrison Butker 39 – yard field goal to put the Kansas City Chiefs up 17 to 14.
- Mecole Hardman ran in a 25 – yard run, but Butker missed the P. A. T. pushing the score to 23 – 14 with approximately 2 minutes remaining in the third – quarter.
- Davis scored a touchdown once again for the Buffalo Bills on a long 75 – yard TD pass from Josh Allen just prior to end of the third. Score was 23 to 21 in favor of the Kansas City Chiefs heading into the fourth – quarter of game action last Sunday.
- Butker 28 – yard field goal. Kansas City Chiefs 26 – Buffalo Bills 21.
- Gabriel Davis miraculously scored his 3rd – touchdown of the evening when he roped in a 27 – yard TD reception from Allen. Bills 29 – Chiefs 26.
- Tyreek Hill then matched the Bills touchdown with his first of the game on a fast 64 – yard touchdown pass from Mahomes. Chiefs 33 – Bills 29.
- Davis somehow found a way to light up the scoreboard another time for his 4th – touchdown of the contest putting the Buffalo Bills up 36 to 33 with only 0:13 seconds left in regulation of this AFC playoff heavyweight fight.
- Butker calmly nailed a 49 – yard field goal after Mahomes drove the field, and the Kansas City Chiefs wisely utilized their timeouts that they had saved throughout the 2nd – half of this spectacular football game with the AFC Championship Game on the line for these two teams. The end of the fourth – quarter ended in a tie at 36 – points each as they headed into an overtime period in this NFL https://wizardofvegas.com/articles/top-10-nfl-stories-right-now/ playoff instant classic.
- The Kansas City Chiefs won the coin flip and chose to receive the ball to begin the overtime period.
- Travis Kelce dramatically secured the game - winning 8 – yard touchdown reception from Mahomes cementing the K. C. Chiefs 42 to 36 victory over the Buffalo Bills in this unbelievable as well as highly – contested divisional round AFC playoff game. The Buffalo Bills unfortunately did not get a chance to possess the ball at all during the short lived and super exciting overtime period.
The Kansas City Chiefs will now move on to the AFC Championship Game versus the Cincinnati Bengals this Sunday, January 30th, 2022 at 2:00 p. m. CST. This highly – anticipated match up will be broadcasted on CBS with the winner guaranteeing their spot in Super Bowl LVI. Line: Kansas City Chiefs -7.0; Over / Under: 54.5 (as of 1/24/2022). I am fairly confident that the Kansas City Chiefs will win this game and cover the spread. I would stay away from that over / under unless you want to tease the bet by buying some points.
Super Bowl LVI
Super Bowl LVI will feature the NFC champions vs. the AFC champions, and this finale of the 2021 – 2022 season of the National Football League will be held on the evening of Sunday, February 13th, 2022 at 5:30 p. m. CST. Super Bowl LVI will be broadcasted across the country on NBC, and the main event will be held from So Fi Stadium which is located in Inglewood, California. The halftime performances of this year’s Super Bowl will include Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar.
“It worked out well for us this time,” Patrick Mahomes expressed. “When you have two teams going back and forth, it stinks when you don't get to see the other guy go. But all you can do is play the rules the way the rules are explained, and that's what we did.”
“The guys didn’t flinch,” the Kansas City Chiefs head coach, Andy Reid, stated. “You talk about an epic game, well, that’s the way the players took it. They had tremendous respect for Buffalo and they knew it was going to be a battle and they kept going. When it’s grim, be the grim reaper, and go get it. He made everyone around him better.”
“We got tremendous leaders on both sides of the ball, whether it's offense, defense or special teams,” says Tyreek Hill. “Nobody panicked. Nobody was like, ‘Oh, the game is over, there’s 13 seconds left.' We just made plays.”
“It’s just tough, you know? To be in that moment again,” Josh Allen proclaimed. “It sucks the way it happened; you know? We wanted to win that game. We had opportunities. Just, yeah, taking it all in, holding onto that feeling, and making sure we don’t feel like this again — back - to - back years in the same spot. It’s tough to take in.”
“The Chiefs are a good football team. We knew it was going to take a heck of an effort coming out here,” the Buffalo Bills head coach, Sean McDermott, revealed. “I thought the guys gave us that effort, starting with Josh and all the way down the line. But those guys are hurt, we’re disappointed — we’re all disappointed, we’re all sick to our stomach. You move on and you try and get yourself to learn from it, but it stings. It stings. I’m not going to sugarcoat it. It stings.”
“Chiefs rally past Buffalo 42 - 36 in OT in wild playoff game”, espn.com, January 23, 2022.
“Twenty - five points in 2 minutes? Inside the Kansas City Chiefs' thrilling victory over the Buffalo Bills”, Adam Teicher & Alaina Getzenberg, espn.com, January 24, 2022.