Thread Rating:

Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
May 8th, 2020 at 10:16:45 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Houston, we may have a problem!

I have been following this for a few days. It was just a handful of cases a week ago.

Now it's 73 cases in NYS alone. It's already popped up in eight other states.

A Covid-19 strain or mutation that hits small children.

Up until today there were no deaths.

Scratch that now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/boy-5-dies-covid-19-linked-inflammatory-syndrome-n1203076

The one below has a video of how it affects the children.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-doctor-son-battling-virus-in-the-hospital/

Every life matters, but the data you present isn't statistically relevant. It's not worthy of another "coronagasm". Children face more serious problems and diseases, including leukemia. The Wuhan Virus isn't even on the radar for them.
Keyser
Keyser
May 8th, 2020 at 10:22:15 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I saw some white people not social distancing at the gas station yesterday. Maybe for white people, it's the perfect crime to kill your parents to inherit their money.

Jokes aside, I don't want to live this way, I'm so sick of it, and the world won't be the same, so I hope we just get it over with. Maybe someone will invent something less uncomfortable than a mask, and other diseases will never spread. I really have some disbelief this has gone on so long, I thought we would have to be through this in 3 weeks and the virus would be hard to even find. Feels like all lies to me, how can it be this bad? Well it's moving it's way to the White House now, secret service staff and members of Pence's staff. If Trump winds up sick and the stock market goes up, it'll be unreal.

Next year isn't an election year. So we'll look back and laugh about the absurdity of the masks.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 226
Thanks for this post from:
SanchoPanza
May 9th, 2020 at 4:08:17 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Other than people working in essentials.....Why not?

Well, many reasons. One is that it does not work. Plenty of people in NYC never left their house got it. For another, how do you expect these people to be able to pay rent and buy food? But the biggest is that staying in your house afraid of catching the bug is neither normal nor healthy. In the 80s we felt sad for the people of Poland who got locked down under martial law. Today we have people seemingly wanting to be locked down forever?

IF you catch it you have perhaps a 1 in 200 chance of dying from it. But your chances of catching it are not 100%. Maybe 1 in 3 at most. Let see, live in a depression for a 1 in 600 chances something may kill me other than the many things that will......hmmmm?

I prefer we open up. And without wearing masks or these other crazy things that make it look like that early episode of "Sliders." I'll take my chances. Many people feel the same. Probably most.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
May 9th, 2020 at 7:24:36 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Well, many reasons. One is that it does not work. Plenty of people in NYC never left their house got it. For another, how do you expect these people to be able to pay rent and buy food? But the biggest is that staying in your house afraid of catching the bug is neither normal nor healthy. In the 80s we felt sad for the people of Poland who got locked down under martial law. Today we have people seemingly wanting to be locked down forever?

IF you catch it you have perhaps a 1 in 200 chance of dying from it. But your chances of catching it are not 100%. Maybe 1 in 3 at most. Let see, live in a depression for a 1 in 600 chances something may kill me other than the many things that will......hmmmm?

I prefer we open up. And without wearing masks or these other crazy things that make it look like that early episode of "Sliders." I'll take my chances. Many people feel the same. Probably most.

Unfortunately the "many people" argument doesn't sway me as an AP

Many people, probably most, believe rubbing the screen of a slot machine each spin will better their odds.

These are the "many people" we are taking life risking advice from?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 226
May 9th, 2020 at 7:30:42 AM permalink

Many people, probably most, believe rubbing the screen of a slot machine each spin will better their odds.

Maybe it would sway you if you took a good, hard look.

If the lockdown is so effective, why are there not massive cases among "essential workers?"

If you think living a normal life is "life risking" you had better get used to spending your life at home with the blinds drawn. Let the rest of us live a normal life.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
May 9th, 2020 at 8:46:28 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Maybe it would sway you if you took a good, hard look.

If the lockdown is so effective, why are there not massive cases among "essential workers?"

If you think living a normal life is "life risking" you had better get used to spending your life at home with the blinds drawn. Let the rest of us live a normal life.

There are massive cases among essential workers.

You are actually stating here that you are unaware of any nurses, doctors, meat packing plant workers, police, firefighters, or public transportation workers that have contracted the virus?

This morning news? A third white house worker has tested positive for Covid-19, Ivanka Trump's assistant?

Cases in Georgia which reopened about two weeks ago have spike 40%

And we are at or about to be at the 80,000 dead mark in the USA MORE THAN DOUBLE WHERE WE WERE 3 WEEKS AGO

Will that good hard look sway you?
darkoz
darkoz
tringlomane
May 9th, 2020 at 8:52:12 AM permalink
It's funny how people who screamed projection models were woefully inadequate when they claimed we could lose 100,000 people suddenly are refusing to talk about it now that it's pretty obvious we are going to hit 100,000 dead
Keyser
Keyser
May 9th, 2020 at 9:46:16 AM permalink

Maybe if you really were an AP it would.

Woodstock occurred during the Hong Kong Flu pandemic. (Psst..sorry if the name isn't political correct enough for some.) Around 100,000 people died in the US, and back then the population of the US was only about 200 million.

https://www.aier.org/article/woodstock-occurred-in-the-middle-of-a-pandemic/
darkoz
darkoz
May 9th, 2020 at 10:34:08 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Personal insult.

Denigrating someone's abilities especially someone who has given past evidence on this very forum
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 191
tringlomane
May 9th, 2020 at 10:35:11 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Woodstock occurred during the Hong Kong Flu pandemic. (Psst..sorry if the name isn't political correct enough for some.) Around 100,000 people died in the US, and back then the population of the US was only about 200 million.

https://www.aier.org/article/woodstock-occurred-in-the-middle-of-a-pandemic/

Most people know that July is not flu season. How many Americans died of the Hong Kong Flu in July of 1969?
Had 70,000 died in the weeks before, I suspect it would have been different.

• Jump to: