Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
February 8th, 2022 at 5:35:49 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Quote: OnceDear

Quote: ChumpChange

The scientists are gonna be at least 6 months behind on getting new vaccines for variants that make older vaccines irrelevant.
We still haven't even gotten the sub-18 age group vaccinated.
2022 is gonna be much worse than 2021.
link to original post

Don't you wish this was a gambling site and you could. bet big bucks against feces like this?
link to original post

"Feces like this?" Please clarify. Feces like What?

Insult to CC intended?
link to original post

Feces. Kaka. Dung. The numbers that have been brought up for two years by the chumpster. As mentioned by posts above, the fact that we died back in 2020. So now and everyday a new set of numbers (Kaka) that the moderators let slide, despite objections from other posters. I just voiced my opinion I could make a few shekels betting against the chumpsters figures he pulls out of his keister.
link to original post

So it's his unreliable numbers you attacked. Thanks for clarifying.
Have a nice Day
$:o)
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 67
February 18th, 2022 at 11:14:43 AM permalink
Surgeon general tests positive for COVID-19 | TheHill
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/594904-surgeon-general-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy announced Friday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, days after he said that his 4-year-old daughter had the virus.

Murthy wrote on Twitter that his wife and his 5-year-old son were also positive for the virus and had "mild symptoms." His daughter is "doing ok" and has an improving fever, he added.

In a comment below:
3,187 Americans died OF covid yesterday.

3,069 of them were UNVACCINATED

Meanwhile, in most vaccinated Vermont: 2
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 51
February 18th, 2022 at 1:36:07 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Surgeon general tests positive for COVID-19 | TheHill
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/594904-surgeon-general-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy announced Friday that he has tested positive for COVID-19, days after he said that his 4-year-old daughter had the virus.

I believe the main infection vector at the moment is kids bringing the infection home from school and once it gets in the home, every family member succumbs. Just anecdotal evidence, but every case I've encountered in family and my limited circle of friends, has resulted in the whole immediate family getting it.

Quote:

In a comment below:
3,187 Americans died OF covid yesterday.

3,069 of them were UNVACCINATED

Meanwhile, in most vaccinated Vermont: 2
link to original post

CC, can you cite sources when you post numbers like that? neither JohnHopkins, nor https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ shows those numbers, as far as I can tell.

Not that numbers will convince anyone on this site.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
February 18th, 2022 at 1:43:29 PM permalink
NY Times reported 3187 two days ago, so it would have been yesterdays paper.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
February 19th, 2022 at 3:02:03 AM permalink
Unlike the days of my youth, when NYT was delivered to appropriate classrooms, I would trust The Economist before a US rag/paper that has become a political POS.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 203
February 19th, 2022 at 5:15:43 AM permalink

when NYT was delivered to appropriate classrooms - I would trust The Economist before a US rag/paper that has become a political POS.
link to original post

greatest newspaper in the world - by far - no other newspaper can touch it - sure it has a political bias - so does every single other newspaper in the world - so what_________? - who cares______________?

90% of the stories are not political

savvy readers know when the stories are biased - for any newspaper - that's part of the calculation as to the value of the story

you sound real bitter - like you think every newspaper has an obligation to have the same political views as you - ridiculous

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
February 19th, 2022 at 8:49:20 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

greatest newspaper in the world - by far - no other newspaper can touch it - sure it has a political bias - so does every single other newspaper in the world - so what_________? - who cares______________?

savvy readers know when the stories are biased - for any newspaper - that's part of the calculation as to the value of the story

you sound real bitter - like you think every newspaper has an obligation to have the same political views as you - ridiculous

No, IMO your analysis above is incorrect on two fronts: (1) News stories can and are written with political bias. The "journalist" can and does insert their "slant." and (2) The paper's editorial board can and does censure stories and news that does not fit a certain narrative or the paper's political agenda.

tuttigym

link to original post

DeMango
DeMango
February 19th, 2022 at 1:33:55 PM permalink

when NYT was delivered to appropriate classrooms - I would trust The Economist before a US rag/paper that has become a political POS.
link to original post

link to original post

I prefer truth. You do not. I grew up basically without bias, you seem to embrace it. Sometimes what does not get reported is the truth. So how does your savvy ass get the information the NYT buries on page 34, Or does not report at all?
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 203
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuary
February 20th, 2022 at 10:13:02 AM permalink

. I grew up basically without bias, _______ your savvy ass

nobody grows up without bias or lives without bias as an adult_____________it's everywhere___________you're dreaming

you have biases just as I do____________you just fantasize that you're totally objective_____________a pipe dream

and using the word "ass" to insult me again shows your bitterness

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Feb 20, 2022
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
DeMango
DeMango
February 23rd, 2022 at 6:20:38 PM permalink

. I grew up basically without bias, _______ your savvy ass

nobody grows up without bias or lives without bias as an adult_____________it's everywhere___________you're dreaming

you have biases just as I do____________you just fantasize that you're totally objective_____________a pipe dream

and using the word "ass" to insult me again shows your bitterness

link to original post

So you project being biased on everyone because you are biased. Yup, that argument works.

• Jump to: