Thread Rating:

OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear 
  • Threads: 51
January 24th, 2022 at 7:28:27 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Only 3362 deaths for the day? This thing is so over. When will Mericans stop listening to the so-called experts and start getting their covid info here. There was no reason for the roughly 100,000 people who died last month to have even gotten sick. Don't they know this thing is over?
link to original post

Sadly, this forum is infrequently referred to as THE Go To place for covid advice. That and the fact that we have little influence even amongst the existing membership.
Oh well, their loss, I guess.

Speaking of numbers dead......
I don't know how you guys count covd deaths, but here in the UK, it is generally deaths from any cause within 28 days of a failed covid test. We needed a consistent like for like measure and that sufficed: It went up and down roughly proportionately to the 'deaths due to covid' But it is now acknowledged by our 'Office for National Statistics' that that is a skewed measure now that so very many who were destined to die just happened to fall in the 1 in 20 of us who are infected.

Quote: bbc

The BBC's Head of Statistics Robert Cuffe says most of the recent increase in Covid deaths could be down to "coincidental" Covid - people whose death may have had nothing to do with coronavirus.

With the high proportion of infections in the population over the past month, the number of coincidental cases would be expected to increase.

Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 29
January 24th, 2022 at 9:42:59 AM permalink

Only 3362 deaths for the day? This thing is so over. When will Mericans stop listening to the so-called experts and start getting their covid info here. There was no reason for the roughly 100,000 people who died last month to have even gotten sick. Don't they know this thing is over?
link to original post

Did they breakdown death's by BMI? Bet you won't find that stat!!!!!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 31
January 24th, 2022 at 9:44:21 AM permalink
I took a PCR test Thursday at CVS. Every time I have taken one in Vegas, bam! results report early the next morning (in California, results two days later). This time, I didn't receive any email.

However, when I logged into my CVShealth account, the results were there (Negative), so maybe the results came in over the weekend, or even on Friday, but I never received the email.

The COVID testing system seems to be taxed to its limits. This time when I arrived in the drive through an hour early, the pharmacist wanted me to leave and come back in an hour. Pharmacist said that they were just too busy and needed people to come closer to their appointment times. That sort of thing - worrying about whether arrived a little early or a little late, had never been an issue before. Finally, pharmacist just let me take the test. By the time I got to the window there were four cars waiting behind me anyway, and there was no way I was going to get out of line just to get right back in line later.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 31
January 24th, 2022 at 9:48:48 AM permalink
Another sign of strain in the health system is that for my Niacin extended release prescription, I had it filled at a Vegas pharmacy and the pharmacist told me it would take two days to fill - because they are too busy. This is the same pharmacy where I took the PCR Covid test. That sort of thing, taking two days to fill a prescription instead of just hours, is something new too.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 207
January 24th, 2022 at 9:49:01 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

link to original post

Did they breakdown death's by BMI? Bet you won't find that stat!!!!!
link to original post

So only thin Mericans matter? Don't obese Mericans vote almost as much as real Mericans? Whats next?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 29
January 24th, 2022 at 9:52:32 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

Sadly, this forum is infrequently referred to as THE Go To place for covid advice. That and the fact that we have little influence even amongst the existing membership.
Oh well, their loss, I guess.

Speaking of numbers dead......
I don't know how you guys count covd deaths, but here in the UK, it is generally deaths from any cause within 28 days of a failed covid test. We needed a consistent like for like measure and that sufficed: It went up and down roughly proportionately to the 'deaths due to covid' But it is now acknowledged by our 'Office for National Statistics' that that is a skewed measure now that so very many who were destined to die just happened to fall in the 1 in 20 of us who are infected.

Quote: bbc

The BBC's Head of Statistics Robert Cuffe says most of the recent increase in Covid deaths could be down to "coincidental" Covid - people whose death may have had nothing to do with coronavirus.

With the high proportion of infections in the population over the past month, the number of coincidental cases would be expected to increase.

link to original post

So when does the pandemic end in the UK & Ireland? Mandates and such sent to hell? I think no Aussie players allowed in US Open! Screw 'em!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.

• Jump to: